[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

Will miss all of you as well, thats the sad part about this drama is it was enjoyable and each weekend we all came together to watch each episode.  Thanks for all the recaps and screenshots and all the conversations on this topic.  Will no doubt speak to some if not most of you on other dramas....

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As excited as the recaps made me yesterday today I'm rolling my eyes. I hate time jumps especially in the final episode. If a dude left for a year and didn't call/email/write/hell send up a damn smoke signal I would not be amenable to marrying him just because he says sorry. I'm glad that they ended up together but this exasperates me to no end, they should have cut out some of the last episodes dealing with uncle butterfly and actually show GS developing from who she was when DT left to the person she was when he returned. 

Ah sorry my recaps sucked today but I was not really into it and I was doing work at the same time...

I liked it but it got so clichés in many ways... :P Not sure what to think. I mean it goes well with the show and I was glad DT was back to his silly self at the end but still, I dunno. I guess I need to see it again with subs to fully judge.

im kinda 70% satisifed with the ending though kinda mad that the writer-nim still manage to put a wee-bit of misunderstanding with uri lead in the final minute of the show...But the big question though why he still works as a lawyer (or is it part-time job) 

and cant they squeeze a bit of a wedding ceremony or maybe when dante/junpyo introduce his halmoni side family gongshim can be there and say 'thats my wifey there' so they are not married yet right just engage maybe because they still adressed each other as "sshi"(or they just playing with each other bcuz dante also wearing a ring, do guys wear engagement ring in korea)

But thank god uri couple are together for sure in the end:wub:

Thanks for the recaps.

Why must writers annoy me with finales. Of course there was a time jump during which DT didn't contact GS because it makes total sense not to contact the woman you love for a whole year after asking her to wait for you. Of course GS's transformation happened during the time jump. Of course everything was suddenly okay between Grandma and JS's family after the time jump and JS's dad was back at Star Group. Of course there was a one year separation because Grandma demanded that DT study in the US so he could take over the company only for him to suddenly be back working as a lawyer. Of course. GM confessed everything after a whole year.

Despite my ranting, I really enjoyed this show overall and really enjoyed the relationship between DT and GS and DT, GS and JS.

This drama was just, "Ok" to me. It had the elements of a daily drama with some of it's clinches:

- 3 accidents or almost accidents (I think there may have been more)

- Time jump

- Illogical family dynamics (family that seems very loving, but also very unfair--never liked her family, especially her sister and mother)

- Wealthy male second lead who dresses in the same clothes throughout the entire drama

- Female lead makeover (why the last few minutes to have a makeover is beyond me)

- Yelling a person's name and wailing like a small child in the middle of a giant airport--just had to roll my eyes

- I cannot forget the drunk scenes -- will I ever find just one (with adults) drama that doesn't have someone getting drunk?

- I guess when you leave the country, you can't keep in touch by making international phone calls (I'll have to remember next time I travel overseas not to call back home)

-  Also, the big happy family scene at the end of the drama---I guess they are all living together again. Really, would a grandmother want to have the daughter in law from her "son", from her husband's affair, living in the same house with her after knowing she had a role (her silence is playing a role) in the kidnapping of her grandson knowing her daughter died indirectly due to the kidnapping?  I doubt it very seriously.

More than anything in this drama, I was disappointed that they feel they have to give everyone a "happy" ending. The sister is such a selfish person who wanted to hide the fact that she as her sister. I guess at the end she decides to come clean about somethings. 

For those that truly fell in love with this drama, I'm happy for you, because you truly enjoyed the drama and watched it faithfully, I'm happy that the drama had good ratings because I really like the lead actor, Nam Goong Min. I hope to see him in more lead roles in other dramas.  I didn't buy the love story in this drama, but I did buy the friendship.

YESSSSS THOSE BEAUTIFUL KISS SCENES ~ LOL.

To be honest I want to cry because it already ends. Ughh.. :(

but to be honest too i don't really feel anything that special in the ending—and this what worries me the most since I first watched BGS .... that my fav dramas will have "not that special ending". but itcs okay because they gave us kiss scenes LOL *am i pervert?*

my most fav  episode is still epi 10,13,15, and 19. epi 20...  is not that special imo. i really dislike the idea about separation in a year without contact... but in real life, we can use email, even call JP was actually at least can send a short message... it's not like he's in carantina, he needed only less than 30 seconds to make a short message ._. i kinda upset with this idea. 

AND HOW GORGEOUS GONG SHIM WITHOUT HER WIG!!! I LOVE HOW THEY SHOOT HER SLEEPING SCENE IN OFFICE!! WOW :o

AND YAY!!! I was expecting a scene where all the families meet and it happened (but without GS' family?). I am glad JS Family returned home and get along well with JP Family and Grandma. I love the scene where JS and Grandma finally have a real conversation, Grandma even wiped his tears—I burst in tears.

I agree with most of you guys. This drama is named Beautiful Gong Shim but her actual conflict "ended" a long time ago. If only the writer had ended abt birth secret in epi 16 or 17, we would have 3 episodes to focus on GS and GM... it originally is about two sisters right? 

BUT I LOVE THIS DRAMA SO MUCH. THIS DRAMA IS MY TRUE LOVE IN DRAMALAND, IM BEING HONEST. I really love it a lot, despite of some irrationalities it has but.... overall i love this drama and its casts—all of them, except the uncle bcs he is not a great antagonist ._. I REALLLLYYYYY LOVE BEAUTIFUL GONG SHIM.... It gave me some new experiences like reading live recap (this is my first time, I didnt ever do that in my past fav dramas), stalking instagram, being all freak like this, and love all the OSTs. I dunno why, but for me this drama is "really realistic" in their first episode that hooked me to watch this till today. I found it cute when we have our dorkies main leads and a realistic theme about someone gets bully just bcs of her appearance.

Even though the ending episode isnt as special as the other episodes (even the time jump they did when GS went to Jeju is WAY MUCH BETTER than this), I love the whole thing of BGS. and thanks God I found this thread! you guys make my day too! thanks, i really am glad to know ya all! thank you.

lets keep supporting NGM, Minah, OJW and SHR in their next dramas in the future! 

I'm so happy this one gave us a happy endingadmire-onion-head-emoticon.gif

@Onur_dem Thank you for posting the previews every week:heart:

@emme85, @siena407, @carolinedl, @Lady_Fay @fragglerock Thanks so much for recapping/screencapping every week crazy-monkey-emoticon-037.gif

I'm so happy for Namgoong Min that he did so well in a romcom, was pleasantly surprised w/Mina's acting here also. (I had read so many negative things about her acting when she was cast in this one. I'm just going to have to chalk it up to being a part of a disturbing trend on the part of international fan's always bashing on actress's)

It does seem like writer-nim just started to try to get in every k drama cliche at the end but this was still a good romcom that didn't forget about the com. 

huks..another my favourite drama comes to the end.. after Lucky Romance and today is Beautiful Gongshim.. i feel lil sad to hit the reality..

btw thank you sooo much for all recappers and screencappers tonight.. @emme85 @carolinedl @Lady_Fay its our last..sobs.. i might not become recappers since from 1st episode but im glad to join u guys.. hehe

then also for @fragglerock @gotdusty1 @theclairvoyant @libra22 who active during live broadcast..thank youu

@evie7 @irilight gonna miss you unnie... see you at others thread

@emme85 wew its ur last screencapper drama unnie? hope u will get enough rest and back to soompi soon.. gonna miss you.. 

others that i might forget to mentioned..thank youuu so much..hehe

hard to say good bye..but see you on other thread.. :wub:

Was this based on a comic book or an original story?  Overall the drama is good for a starter drama.  Like it's good for those who just started watching kdramas and wanted a new one. Chemistry was good.  The plot dragged halfway but it wasn't something I had to watch right away.

thank you so much for the recapping + screencapping

it seems we all feel a bit the same: a little disappointed in the cliches at the end, but happy with the happy ending, in overall happy with the drama, glad with NGM's acting in romcom, surprised in a good way with Mina's acting...

In the end this was like a fairytale drama for me, the kind I really love, and the kind I missed so was happy to experience it the last weeks.

awww that was a squishy sweet mushy ending.....it would appear and I am only just guessing here, that GS felt abandoned by DT while in the US, like most of us did, but and i could be making my own story here but it would appear she was suppose to go to the rooftop home and see the plant and the note while he was away and the ring as a promise to return of sorts or promise of committment.  But will have to await till tomorrow to find out there when the subtitles are out.

Thank you so much to all of you ho made this thread so lively and special during the last few weeks. Thanks   @emme85 @carolinedl@siena407@fragglerock for always being there for recap duty. Special thanks for @emme85 to give your last screen-cap duty for the near future to us. :heart:

And also for all the others like @libra22, @Onur_dem and all those I forgot to mention thank you for contributing with goodies and taking part in the discussions.

I'm quite sure we will see each other again within one of the other threads within the future.

Some last Instragram goodies as a sort of farewell gift, also from our lead actors...

---

and some last fan arts...

Guest emme85
30 minutes ago, siena407 said:

huks..another my favourite drama comes to the end.. after Lucky Romance and today is Beautiful Gongshim.. i feel lil sad to hit the reality..

btw thank you sooo much for all recappers and screencappers tonight.. @emme85 @carolinedl @Lady_Fay its our last..sobs.. i might not become recappers since from 1st episode but im glad to join u guys.. hehe

then also for @fragglerock @gotdusty1 @theclairvoyant @libra22 who active during live broadcast..thank youu

@evie7 @irilight gonna miss you unnie... see you at others thread

@emme85 wew its ur last screencapper drama unnie? hope u will get enough rest and back to soompi soon.. gonna miss you.. 

others that i might forget to mentioned..thank youuu so much..hehe

hard to say good bye..but see you on other thread.. :wub:

I would like to say thanks again to all contributors on this thread as @siena407 mentioned... :D U guys had worked so hard!!!

I'm so happy with the way this drama ends though there's no wedding ceremony~~ :bawling: 

But it's better than DT/JP coming back from abroad, finding GS and both looking at each other, smiling and it ends...  #cliche #jinx #ihadenough hahahahaha

Yes @siena407 dongsaeng.. this will be my last screencapping at the moment.. it's tiring for me doing screencap for 3 dramas in a week when I can't/seldom posting anything to discuss about the dramas with the members like I did last year with Mr Back and KMHM... :P I'll join soompi again whenever my RL take some time off from me or there are other dramas that will lure me back to screencapping despite the hectic work in RL.. :D Edit: dongsaeng, I will still see u in Line chat~ ^^

Lastly, thank u so much to all friends that stay together in this thread and liking my posts!! U guys are the best!

See u guys next time in other thread!! I'll come back here whenever I'm mentioned~~ hehehe

Kamsamida to all of you who is actively sharing and updating us with news, screencast, previews, views and videos of the dramas!

Reminds me so much of me chasing "Oh my Ghostess" last year, this year finding myself in the same spot chasing "Beautiful Gong Shim". 

Waiting for subs before watching full swing, its sad its ending now.

See you guys in another drama thread soon...happy Kdrama-inggg...

Archived