10 hours ago, docster6 said:

I teach structural design at a California university; I actually talked a lot about Korean Dramas during my lectures. In one class, I taught them to design the roof with an overhang of 1 meter. One student asked why. I said, "when you return home with your date and it starts to rain, you would stand next to the wall and the overhang would keep you dry. Unless you are in a Korean Drama, then this logic does not apply."

hahahha... how did your students respond to that? it is funny because I never noticed this overhang of 1 meter till you pointed it out. living in a tropical country, the overhang is a common feature in most houses, especially the older ones.... but now that you have pointed it out, it is useful for those kdrama moments no? hahahha...

right now, am not in the mood for a romantic drama and so monster is a good fit for me. what I like is that the romance is sprinkled here and there but it doesn't overwhelm the other relationship moments which are far more interesting because you don't see them explored in so much detail in other dramas. like the butler's relationship with chairman do or the contrast with that ex-cop with BIJ and his suspicion of cha ryung. all,  soo yeon's relationship with lawyer ajusshi... the two Do brothers fighting while the underlings watch.. so it makes a nice break to see so many side characters take shape and form and not be there like shadows in stage. so it gives us much to talk about even if there are only few of us here.

10 hours ago, docster6 said:

There aren't too many of us but the number of hours each spent to serve others is off the chart compared to many other forums

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

we find out gwang woo was divorced. not surprising though. but his little conversation with gun about parasites was interesting because he revealed that he loved gun's mom as a child because she was more affectionate than his real mom. so it was a huge stab to find out the relationship between his father and her. hmmm, doesn't it make you wonder what she was like actually? was she the schemer that they think she was or was it one of those things that just happened?

Do Choong and Hwang Gwi Ja have very strong personalities, both very strong willed. Do Choong said to Butler Gong that he is not someone whom anyone should underestimate. He said that he had been been betrayed by other powerful chaebols including the Prime Minister who thought him beaten but yet they all crawled back to kneel before him, but the only person, the woman whom he ignored all his life was the one who brought him down to his pathetic state. As per HGJ it was time for him to taste his own medicine. DC threatened to remove Gwang and her from his will and HGJ said that she can resort to the law and sue him for all he has got. Also Gwang had said during the "patchuk" tasting that his mother made the best "patchuk" and ran a business with it. There was also one conversation where HGJ said that she almost lost Gwang while pregnant with him because she was working hard to help DC stave off his bankruptcy. So, she will win if she were to go to court. She and her brother helped DC in his early career to become the man he is now. I think that what HGJ wanted most is the love and respect of her husband. Too bad that she kept Ja Young within the marriage when she was already gone. HGJ said when she was told of the news that JY died, "now I can breathe" which for me meant she was "deathly" afraid of JY, and paradoxically kept her alive in the marriage relationship. She never forgave DC for the affair. DC is a powerful man who is used to getting what he wants. He fell in attraction with JY nevertheless he chose the business over the woman he supposedly fell in love with. Ja Young on the other hand if she had been a schemer would have told DC of her pregnancy the moment she was pregnant and fought tooth and nail to prove that it was his. I think it was something that just happened but it does show that JY, a beautiful woman, had very poor judgement in choosing her romantic partners otherwise she would not have entered into an affair with a married man. While in America, she also met and chose to marry an abusive man albeit she loved DC till the day she died.It seems that she had talked to Gun about his father. What is also ironic during that parasite conversation is how Gwang thought that his birthright was stolen by Gun's mother when it is actually HGJ, his mother that kept him from his father. He grew up all his life with his father but his mother in her hatred and anger towards JY and her unforgiving attitude towards her cold, errant and tyrannical husband and the constant battle between them while HJG sided with her family against her husband destroyed the family relationships. SMH. 

4 hours ago, badsmuler said:

Hows about this, chinggu ???

If her truly man comes in...i hope something like this will happen...and finally he will remember all of beautiful memories about OSY... :heart::heart::heart:

Reveal hidden contents

13266948_636771976471031_1870572547_n.jp

Credit : lee_choko IG

Chingu, now you are talking my language LOL :heart:

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Chingu, now you are talking my language LOL :heart:

LOL.... all the speculations of which of her men will come to save her bring a wide smile to my face. Can't wait to see what will happen.

@zenya22 brought up the topic of the constant battle between Chairman Do Chong and his wife Hwang Ghi Ja destroying the family relationships. I do agree that ultimately what HGJ wanted from her husband was his love and respect. Was theirs a love marriage in the first place before DC fell for Gun's mum? Did he ever tell his wife that he had wronged her in being unfaithful and asked for her forgiveness? Most women struggled with their conflicting emotions of love, hatred, disbelief, shock, anger from their husbands' betrayal of the marriage vows and promise of faithfulness. In HGJ's case, she decided to stay with the marriage by getting rid of the mistress but she and her husband obviously did not reconcile well .... she could not forgive, he remained cold towards her. In such a marriage, the children suffer. We see the results in their children Gwang and Shin Young - both in their own way longing for love and acceptance, and not being able to function as good, normal people. 

Guest my2centsworth
23 minutes ago, ross27 said:

@zenya22 brought up the topic of the constant battle between Chairman Do Chong and his wife Hwang Ghi Ja destroying the family relationships. I do agree that ultimately what HGJ wanted from her husband was his love and respect. Was theirs a love marriage in the first place before DC fell for Gun's mum? Did he ever tell his wife that he had wronged her in being unfaithful and asked for her forgiveness? Most women struggled with their conflicting emotions of love, hatred, disbelief, shock, anger from their husbands' betrayal of the marriage vows and promise of faithfulness. In HGJ's case, she decided to stay with the marriage by getting rid of the mistress but she and her husband obviously did not reconcile well .... she could not forgive, he remained cold towards her. In such a marriage, the children suffer. We see the results in their children Gwang and Shin Young - both in their own way longing for love and acceptance, and not being able to function as good, normal people. 

I agree with you that Madam just wants love and respect from her husband. So she give the Chairman a taste of her own medicine.........what will that accomplished. This family is so dysfunctional they don't know how to give nor receive love. With the respect part. I was always thought that to receive respect, you have to earn it. I think this family will have to hit rock bottom before they can come together and start over. The thing is.....the damge they are doing to each others as well as those around them, there may be no hope at all for them. 

I look at Shin Young and Kwang Woo who come from the same mother and father, so that is where their traits and personality come from.. What Gun Woo only had the blood of his father. Plus he did not grow up looking down on those who have less that you. Judging people.  But he is learning fast. 

Anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooong chinggu dul... :heart::blush:

Preview Ep. 33 is out now...its so great... :glasses::glasses:...I can't wait any longer...please tomorrow is Monday...LOL

Spoiler

- UNDWEEEEEEEEEEEEE...i hope its just another dream...KKT meets late DS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Chairman Do collapse again...Gun woo and OSY are at the hospital

- KKT, Sec Moon, ST VS BIJ, HJM

- CD kidnaps OSY...seems Gun woo will help her...hope there's not something bad happen to him...

- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...OSY take cares KKT ??? She put the necklace on his neck...would he hear what OSY said that it's him whom she loves, not Gun woo ???

Credit : http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/monster/preview/index.html

On 7/12/2016 at 0:42 PM, zenya22 said:

My OSY rant: What I did not like is how OSY became unintelligent and senseless suddenly in this episode. Why in the world will she stand all day in one spot looking for KKT in the rain just turning around cold and shivering? I understand the sentiment she is supposed to convey which is shock at seeing the man she loved whom she thought died and now is alive, the longing to find and connect with him but rotating in one spot rained on …. Really??? The woman is supposed to have grown up into a hot shot lawyer savvy enough to be legal counsel for the biggest, prestigious DDG conglomerate and a TV host. What she could have done was think of more practical and better ways to find KKT . She is a lawyer… sakes ….She had asked MTG how the person giving her information about the death of the LGC’s parents knew about  the case and the affair of BIJ and HJS and MTG told her the person wants to be incognito. The name of the company MTG works for is K. As a lawyer instead of spinning and getting rained on all day long, why would she not go with her instincts and confront MTG? She could have interrogated Soo Tak and threatened him with all kinds of made up charges and not let him go until she get answers. ST seems to be loosed mouthed with little pressure. ST needs to tell her. All she has to know is that KKT can’t remember her and if he tried to he gets a terrible headache and that he is waiting for the hypnotherapist who treated him as his treatments seem to be connected with his headache. Smart lawyer that she is supposed to be she can go research about hypnotherapy and go from there. Now she is going to hand out lost person leaflets again? How in the world could she not think more creatively or more logically being that she is a lawyer? What happens to her responsibilities as a lawyer and her promise to put BIJ in prison? Please make her into smart, practical thinking woman. No wonder many people were shipping the SA/KKT ship. Now, I am not really liking ST. He told Gun but not SY? I am not, not, not  really liking ST. But so is Gun, he could have told her and warned OSY, now she will hate him for not telling her that KKT is alive and is the incognito K. This is the time to face his greatest fear losing OSY. It might kill him but then he will have grown tremendously. But it seems he is going all the way to monster hood?? or not

On 7/12/2016 at 5:17 PM, ross27 said:

While it was not the smartest thing to do, I could somehow understand OSY standing at the same spot waiting to sight KT again. She thought he was dead, although in her heart she had a little hope that he might not and could come back to her. She sighted him across the road. Was it him? It looked like him. She was certain and she dashed across the road. That anxiety, re-kindled hope, shock, apprehension, hoping against hope that he really was alive. She was immobilized, hoping he would appear in front of her eyes again. It was not rational, it was not smart. But it was her heart crying out for that little hope to become reality.

21 hours ago, docster6 said:

The writers in this forum are amazing, so knowledgeable and so devoted. There aren't too many of us but the number of hours each spent to serve others is off the chart compared to many other forums. My posts aren't very significant because I have a tendency of not being very detailed when it comes to Korean Dramas, I tend to be more emotional and not logical (unlike my real life as an engineer). I enjoyed @zenya22analysis of every angle of this drama but I agreed more with the writer for the ending scenes of Episodes 31 and 32. @zenya22 didn't like our female lead acting away from her intelligent self by standing in the cold rain all dumbfounded. But I loved that scene because I am illogical. 

@zenya22, @ross27, @docster6...sorry to cut some of your posts, chinggus... :blush::blush:

My thought is very simple...our OSY must do that ridiculous things...if not, then we can't have this romantic scenes...hahahaha... :heart::heart::heart:

13671322_266155847095417_420778702_n.jpg

Credit : lee_choko IG

1 hour ago, badsmuler said:

Anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooong chinggu dul... :heart::blush:

Preview Ep. 33 is out now...its so great... :glasses::glasses:...I can't wait any longer...please tomorrow is Monday...LOL

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for the preview. Wow the writers delivered.... viewers asked for excitement, here you go.... aigggooooooo. Wondering what happened to the chairman cuz in Kdramas every time they bring out the defibrillator to shock a person, the person dies. I have not yet seen anyone survive after the shock in Kdramas..... It is kind of a foreshadowing, bring out the shocker ..... get ready... the character is going to die??? I hope though that this will be a first, somebody lives after they show them being shocked. I don't want the chairman to die, not yet ....who is HGJ going to fight with... LOL  

Now I really miss the butt kicking Agent SA.... she would have thrown CD to the cliff instead.... 

Aigooooo, exciting preview...... Thank you chinggu.... aigoooooooooooo

18 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Thank you for the preview. Wow the writers delivered.... viewers asked for excitement, here you go.... aigggooooooo. Wondering what happened to the chairman cuz in Kdramas every time they bring out the defibrillator to shock a person, the person dies. I have not yet seen anyone survive after the shock in Kdramas..... It is kind of a foreshadowing, bring out the shocker ..... get ready... the character is going to die??? I hope though that this will be a first, somebody lives after they show them being shocked. I don't want the chairman to die, not yet ....who is HGJ going to fight with... LOL  

Now I really miss the butt kicking Agent SA.... she would have thrown CD to the cliff instead.... 

Aigooooo, exciting preview...... Thank you chinggu.... aigooooooooooo

Dear @zenya22, in the recently concluded "Descendants of the Sun" the main male lead came back to life without any blood on him. The monitor actually showed him flat-lining after the electrical shocks. In fact, he did a perfect sniper shot a day later from the rooftop of another building. His North Korean adversary also did just fine after being shot, he rappelled down one floor in the hospital to escape. So it is possible for a patient to come back to life if the writer decides that is the way to go. I don't want Chairman Do to leave too, I actually like him better than the rest of the Do with exception of DSY (she is pretty). Do Choong actually enjoys the simple life, eating at cheap restaurants, etc, so for that he is different from most chaebol. I like him.

16 hours ago, docster6 said:

in the recently concluded "Descendants of the Sun" the main male lead came back to life without any blood on him. The monitor actually showed him flat-lining after the electrical shocks. In fact, he did a perfect sniper shot a day later from the rooftop of another building. His North Korean adversary also did just fine after being shot, he rappelled down one floor in the hospital to escape. So it is possible for a patient to come back to life if the writer decides that is the way to go. I don't want Chairman Do to leave too, I actually like him better than the rest of the Do with exception of DSY (she is pretty). Do Choong actually enjoys the simple life, eating at cheap restaurants, etc, so for that he is different from most chaebol. I like him.

Thank you for the info this gives me hope. Did not watch DOS. I don't want him to die because OSY is the lawyer executor of his will and if he dies then Madam and Gwang will become her enemies too. She has enough problems in her hands. I knew when he asked Gun to recommend a lawyer that it would be her. Now got to wait till Monday.... besides I like the actor playing Chairman..... UNDWEEEEEEEEEEEEE and his flunkie 

On 7/12/2016 at 5:35 PM, zenya22 said:

@badsmulerthank you so much for your recaps.... :love:

Chinggu ahhhhhh, I still don't, don't, don't like that the whole world knows that KKT is alive and who and where he is but OSY does not know and seeing KKT shocked her.:wub:.. I want her to know and become proactive in the healing of KKT and that KKT will go with what he feels and question these feelings for OSY, and his memories about her. I want OSY to become smarter and proactively seek for KKT as a  lawyer and a smart woman would aside from just handing out lost person leaflets. I don't like how stupid and disloyal a supposed friend Soo Tak can be. What is more romantic than KKT and OSY relearning about their love for each other? But they can't do that if OSY is made ignorant about the whereabouts and the condition of KKT can they?  :angry:  It is not funny anymore and how long will they keep KKT playing with DSY? :sleeping:  He is supposed to have come back to Korea to avenge himself and his Huaping father on BIJ,,, but nothing...:confounded:

8 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@zenya22...chinggu, seems our wish will be granted by SW-Nim tomorrow... :wub::wub::wub:

I don't think Agent SA can't help OTP's problems either...she, together with Sec Moon and ST basically are too afraid to take a risk for KKT's memory loss... :bawling::bawling:

Only KKT and OSY who can save each other lives...i think after their meeting at the restaurant, KKT will faint again thus OSY will bring him to the hotel...the necklace will be the key...just like before when KKT was started to recognized OSY as CJE after saw the necklace on late-DS, i feel after he is sober and find it on his neck, he can start to remember OSY little by little and will meet OSY more often...OSY will help him with her love...AWWWWWWWWWWW, too romantic to be imagined... :heart::heart:

No need Prof. Jin anymore...he's toooooooooo late...just leave him in Roma forever...LOL

I hope it will be KKT or he and Gun woo who save OSY from CD and BIJ... :glasses::blush:

I can't wait to see KKT's reactions when he knows that Sec Moon and OCR are forbidden partner...would he fire Sec Moon ???

Guest my2centsworth
14 hours ago, zenya22 said:

NEED DETAILS......lol  preview won't play......can't see it......driving me crazy here......help......lol   :crazy::tears::angry:

On 7/16/2016 at 2:32 AM, Lmangla said:

what I like is that the romance is sprinkled here and there but it doesn't overwhelm the other relationship moments which are far more interesting because you don't see them explored in so much detail in other dramas. like the butler's relationship with chairman do or the contrast with that ex-cop with BIJ and his suspicion of cha ryung. all,  soo yeon's relationship with lawyer ajusshi... the two Do brothers fighting while the underlings watch.. so it makes a nice break to see so many side characters take shape and form and not be there like shadows in stage. so it gives us much to talk about even if there are only few of us here.

Hahahaha....Do Shin Yeong's hotel flunkie they are funny together ... especially when he was describing DSY's behavior when she gets drunk and they show the scene of her doing exactly what he described and MTG..."She is the worst drunk in the world". One reason I don't want Chairman gone, I like Butler Gong, hehehe

@badsmuler, thank you so much for ep 33 review. Wow, it sure is getting very exciting! And tomorrow is Monday! I want OSY to be smart and rational when she is with any of the other characters but when she is with KKT, she can be as silly, emotional and loving as possible.

1 hour ago, ross27 said:

@badsmuler, thank you so much for ep 33 review. Wow, it sure is getting very exciting! And tomorrow is Monday! I want OSY to be smart and rational when she is with any of the other characters but when she is with KKT, she can be as silly, emotional and loving as possible.

I'm with you, @ross27...sometimes we need lovey-dovey moments from our OTP... :heart::heart::blush:

Archived