On 10/5/2016 at 10:08 AM, AliciaA said:

Hello chinggu @badsmuler. Thanks  I sincerely appreciate your efforts .. please post also at KJH thread the interviews once u finished translating.. @Willerhong is also patiently waiting... the dog is soo cute..

@AliciaA...

I know what you mean, chinggu...for us to have wild imaginations, right ??? Hahahaha...

Thus the previous one from KJH and SYR...that i wouldn't post here...LOL :blush::blush::heart:

I will post SYR and Lee El interviews too in this thread... :wub::rolleyes:

Our KJH is surely take good care and love SYR's gift a lot... :wub::wub::wub:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Interview] Kang Ji-hwan, "It's been a long journey in "Monster - 2016""

2016/09/29

photo768071.jpg

The eight month long "Monster - 2016" wasn't easy for veteran actor Kang Ji-hwan as well. He had to take on the weight of a lead character, the heavy story line, the frequent action scenes and the injuries that came along with it. "Monster - 2016" was a lot of pressure for him. However, he stood strong and "Monster - 2016" ended successfully.

In an interview with the actor, he said, "I don't know how time went by while filming "Monster - 2016". It's been about ten days now. I've never done a 50 episode drama before and it was tough mentally and physically but there were good people around me to help me through it".

Kang Ji-hwan took on the role of Kang Ki-tan, a man who became a monster after his life and family were taken by a powerful force. To make his character look realistic, he didn't even mind eating dog food. His "Revenge" performance had already been proven in the dramas "Big Man" and "Incarnation of Money".

"I love bringing out the happiness and sadness while I'm acting. I didn't mean to, but I've done three dramas in the same category. When I decide on a character, I don't look at one thing, rather I look at the complicated elements of a character's feelings. However, I think I have to watch out next time when I look at a drama".

Kang Ji-hwan suffered from injuries. He was in an accident while transferring to the set and even got burnt at some point. The continuous late nights on the set brought him to the end of exhaustion as well.

photo768072.jpg

"It was really rough. The accidents and the injuries were the toughest part. We stood up so many nights until about the thirtieth episode. I had a big bag of clothes with me even though we were shooting in Seoul, close to where I live. I really thought I was becoming a "Monster"".

However, his co-stars were of great comfort to him, especially Seong Yoo-ri. They have worked together twice before this in "Hong Gil Dong" and "Runway Cop".

"I can't say I don't feel the pressure as the leading character. But Seong Yoo-ri was always there by me, lifting me up whenever I needed it. It's not all the time you run into the same person this often, but I think we are meant to be".

"Monster - 2016" stayed around 8~10% thanks to Lee Deok-hwa, Jeong Bo-seok and Jeong Woong-in too. The drama competed with 3 other broadcasting companies and it didn't waver.

"When "Monster - 2016" first came out, "Doctors" was released soon after so it affected the viewing percentage a little but soon we had a firm base of viewers that were supporting us and only us. I think a lot of the middle aged viewers liked the drama more. We weren't affected by the Rio Olympics too".

Kang Ji-hwan strongly said no when we asked him if he ever thought of being in another 50-episode drama.

"I don't think so. Maybe something shorter. I learned a lot through this opportunity and I'll be back soon enough".

Credit : http://www.hancinema.net/interview-kang-ji-hwan-it-s-been-a-long-journey-in-monster--2016-99110.html

@AliciaA, @valsava, @my2centsworth and to all my chinggus...

For the full interviews...just wait a little bit longer...i will post it soon...hahahahaha... :grin::blush::heart::heart:

@Badsmuler thanks for reposting here hancinema english translation of kjh interview.. Im curious about the full interview.. With that short statement of kjh about SYR , I could sense He is in love with her . MAybe he is keeping those feelings for himself for a longtime . Could be eversince HGD days ..

11 hours ago, AliciaA said:

@Badsmuler thanks for reposting here hancinema english translation of kjh interview.. Im curious about the full interview.. With that short statement of kjh about SYR , I could sense He is in love with her . MAybe he is keeping those feelings for himself for a longtime . Could be eversince HGD days ..

@AliciaA...you're welcome, chinggu...

I promise i will post his interview...mianne for you to wait any longer...i don't want to create a misunderstanding, i'll try to translate it as authentic as should be...i should recollect it from more than 30 articles...hehehe...

When it's finish...i will make a title " When A Man Loves A Woman "...hahahaha...because most of times, our KJH talked about SYR and his admirations toward her...LOL LOL LOL

Guest my2centsworth
On 9/24/2016 at 0:01 AM, imgreatgal said:

@my2centsworth agree with you on the death sentence and the bit about KT asking the President to mete out a death penalty to BIJ.  I think BIJ would have suffered more if he were to live in prison. But then again he could be paroled in a few years and be out doing nasty things all over again. You have to keep in mind that he did killed KT's parents, aunt and OSY's brother without even batting an eye and he would have killed again if given the chance. I think KT needed to keep that monster in check permanently. 

Sorry I haven't answer you before now, but went on business trip, stopped by to see an old friend and found her with troubles. Stay with her for a while and helped her get thru it. Back now and playing catch-up with everyone and all my dramas. It's sounds crazy, but I still miss this drama. Not sure why, but think of it often.  Anyway....hope all is well with you. Will look for you later on after I have finished reading and watching my missed esps. Take care....see you soon.

Guest my2centsworth

@badsmuler  Guess you thought I had disappeared....lol  Went on business trip and when it ended stopped by to see an old college friend. Found her with troubles and decided to stay with her for a while and help. Had to help take care of her kids which I haven't done in years. My youngest is in his twenties and taking care of her clan kept me worn out ....lol  So tired didn't fell like even watching my dramas. Now I am back and trying to catch up on y missed esps and reading all the comments everyone made while I was away. Thought about you first and came into here to say one last good bye and thanks for all you devotion to this forum. Strange but I miss this drama. Maybe it because of the ending or could be I missed all you posts. Either way...time to move on. Will look for you. Take care and hope to see you soon. :heart::heart::heart:

16 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

@badsmuler  Guess you thought I had disappeared....lol  Went on business trip and when it ended stopped by to see an old college friend. Found her with troubles and decided to stay with her for a while and help. Had to help take care of her kids which I haven't done in years. My youngest is in his twenties and taking care of her clan kept me worn out ....lol  So tired didn't fell like even watching my dramas. Now I am back and trying to catch up on y missed esps and reading all the comments everyone made while I was away. Thought about you first and came into here to say one last good bye and thanks for all you devotion to this forum. Strange but I miss this drama. Maybe it because of the ending or could be I missed all you posts. Either way...time to move on. Will look for you. Take care and hope to see you soon. :heart::heart::heart:

Hello @my2centsworth dear... :wub::wub::wub:

Same with you i'm still miss this drama especially OTP...KJH and SYR...that even i lost my interest to watch any dramas now... :heart::blush::heart:

14334306_664788847013111_562802919940397

14272253_1769907443281701_43558001819883

14360091_305072969857486_776195184464914

Credit as tagged

You can always meet me in " Monster " and KJH threads... :blush::blush::heart:

As for this time being i don't see any dramas now...i'll be back to drama land when KJH, SYR and Yoon jung hee ( another my favourite actress ) have new projects... :wub::wub::wub:

• 2 months later...

Lee EI wears a red gown .. Looks like red is her fave color now ..the same color of her clothes in Goblin.. @badsmuler HI .. IM aliciaa .. Changed my ID to umunie.. After monster. I moved to moonlovers-scarler heart ryeo . Did not expect to fall in love with LJG.. Now i have two biases.. 

22 hours ago, umunie said:

Lee EI wears a red gown .. Looks like red is her fave color now ..the same color of her clothes in Goblin.. @badsmuler HI .. IM aliciaa .. Changed my ID to umunie.. After monster. I moved to moonlovers-scarler heart ryeo . Did not expect to fall in love with LJG.. Now i have two biases..

Hello @umunie...i knew its you, chinggu...Happy Marry X'Mas, chinggu... :blush::blush:

These were my fav. actors before : Jo in sung, Kang dong won, Gong yoo, Shin dong wook and Lee jun ki...But for now, its only Kang ji hwan and this beautiful and lovely girl lm1_zpsebi0tsuv.gif

whom i miss a lot and always on my mind... :heart::heart:

Top Excellence Award ( Special Work ) Male Nominees :

Kang Ji Hwan (Monster)
Go Soo (Prison Flower)
Lee Seo Jin (Wedding Contract)
Joo Jin Mo (Suitcase)

Top Excellence ( Special Work ) Female Nominees :

Kim Mi Sook (Prison Flower)
Sung Yuri (Monster)
Uee (Wedding Contract)
Choi Ji Woo (Suitcase)

I'm very sad that our OTP didn't come tonight... :bawling::bawling: