On 7/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, tuzicr said:

Episode 6 of Let Go of My Baby with subs is out! Thank you diligent Jacskon subbers :), link: HERE

Okay, finally I managed to watch episode 6! :rolleyes:

I have to agree with @nyota, the episodes are really getting funny! Episode 6 even more than 5.

I dont want to spoil for those who havent watched yet (the moment of surprise is important), so this time I will put all my screen caps under the spoiler.

Spoiler

1. Of course we start with the sleep segment :P As you know from different cuts and photos, Jackson shared the bed with JY and Haohao. Seeing it for the first time, my first question was, how big is the bed?! California King size or what? :blink:

Spoiler

sg4eKMa.jpg

There was a kid emergency, which catapulted Jackson out of the bed like supermum on steroids. On the other hand, JY and Haohao couldnt be bothered :lol:

Spoiler

UO5VGVw.jpg

The second emergency followed shortly. It seemed JY will roll over the edge, but supermum Jackson was ready to take action :sweatingbullets:

Fortunately, it was not needed ;)

Spoiler

1yEMu4n.jpg

Jackson had to leave due to other work arrangements, and he heartfeltly reminded JY not to miss his snoring too much :lol:

Spoiler

hFeHO16.jpg

2. It was time to leave peaceful Hobbiton and return to the hustle and bustle in Shanghai.

Kids and babysitters split into 2 vehicles. Now there was the fun car...

Spoiler

gfbOI0b.jpg

...and there was the "other" one :lol::lol:

Spoiler

Ao8eDOY.jpg

3. Back at the baby HQ, it was announced guys need to go to work.

As flower gege is underage, he will stay home and take care of all the kids (poor thing) while JY and Dongdong will go to earn some hard cash. What could go possible wrong? :P

Spoiler

Well, unfortunately for Vin, there was the peculiar case of smelly nappy :wacko:

The captions on screenshots say it all :lol:

Spoiler

22jHNfL.jpg

QUgVs8z.jpg

oNsuUFO.jpg

TbjBPbh.jpg

Meanwhile JY and Dongdong had troubles on their own and costumes were involved again :huh:

Spoiler

To seal the deal JY tried to sell even Dongdong in the cow costume. Those are some hard bargains you are driving my friend :ph34r::lol:

PQZWElj.jpg

During the break even Dongdong opted for a catnap ^_^

LKoSZhN.jpg

Then the roles turned and JY ended up in the cow costume.

Here JY cannot fit in between the posts :lol:

BcJBUaV.jpg

By the end of his shift, JY's energy levels were seriously depleted.

AJudRMK.jpg

4. Well, the show was not over yet and as my Jackson-fan friend said they make JY work hard for every cent of his fee for the show. Preaching to the choir, sista :lol:

Yes, yes, that awful Indian (supposedly) costume that flooded the cyber space left and right :crazy: I just have one screencap for this and that is of little Jackson. He took it worse than JY i think :lol: Poor kid, those scars he will bring into his adulthood :unsure:

Spoiler

XPjuS6U.jpg

5. To finish on a more happy note - is it me or are those Vans Old Skool shoes everywhere I look? :sweatingbullets::lol:

Spoiler

DGhbwBM.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

So many things happening this month, all kind of announced within the last couple of days. :o:o

First the news that ZZ will be recording for happy camp on July 15th-16th.. It was kind of shocking although considering what we've seen with YZ, it's not that surprising.. One cancels and the other goes on the show. Even though i don't think they were recording for the same episode, because VS and JY from what i recall were supposed to be going on different days, since VS's manager had already declared that they won't be on the same stage for anything lol. VS and ZZ will be recording on the same day according to the posts on weibo............... 

Spoiler

Ok.. I know a lot of ppl want to see them face off or something on happy camp, but i really don't want to lol. It's just too awkward.. I mean VS and JY have no relationship beyond having to be in the same drama and their work relationship wasn't very good in the end. I saw some posts on weibo telling CPF to not even use the pinyin for VS's name when posting stuff that mentions JY or ZZ, because VS's fans have long since figured out that they could search for posts related to VS with VS's name in english pinyin and her fans attack a lot for no reason. Using pinyin for her name was a way to avoid her fans from finding those posts, but they are on to this lol.

This post was also saying, without mentioning VS's name directly, that VS has a history of creating false CP's in basically every drama she was in and in the end the male stars that were part of the CP with her always ended up being shredded by her fans and dragged into the mud. CPF who were fans of these other male stars knew of this and wanted to warn ppl. Also, they mentioned that VS herself doesn't really have a lot of publicity or popularity without these CP's etc, she keeps associating herself with these other stars as a way to stay on the radar. So they were kind of telling CPF not to keep associating VS with ZZ in posts about happy camp, because one, this is just going to be another way for VS to stick to another star and suck some publicity out of them, two, once her fans see those posts they will just go crazy, since they're kind of vicious. In the end VS is only an actress that JY had to work with and technically ZZ doesn't have much association with her directly.. Trying to keep ZZ out of the water on weibo. Internationally it doesn't really matter, at least i hope VS's fans aren't that crazy internationally lol.

It feels like it's harder for me to see ZZ on happy camp alone without JY, than it would be to see JY on happy camp without ZZ. Other ppl said they felt the exact opposite because ZZ tends to be friendlier with new ppl, but i don't think that's so much the issue. Because JY already has done a lot of variety shows, happy camp is more like another one, even though there's the history of going on there with ZZ before and not having it aired. JY does have thicker skin and for work related things he's pretty on the ball and professional. They seem to like particular types of ppl to be on variety shows and JY essentially has the personality for it.. Variety shows kind of require the person to be witty, to have thick skin and be natural, but also able to go with the script and not be so genuine that they give away the heavily scripted parts. ZZ hasn't had the chance to do as many variety shows and he is still a bit awkward with them..... I think that's kind of like what happened with the first time they went on happy camp lol. ZZ was really funny in a cute way though. Anyway, i just kind of feel bad that he would be there without JY, but i think its very likely that the both of them kind of decided who would go and it would benefit ZZ more maybe. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Also, ZZ's schedule for the second half of July has come out. It looks super full and the shows that he is involved with seem to be pretty big. Of course there is "shake it up" which i can't really wait to watch........... All the way on the 22nd. :( But there are so many other things that this schedule has listed, on July 17th ZZ is supposed to be involved in the filming of the MV for a theme song related to some kind of nationalistic youth show. This is good news guys, (not to mention apparently there was some candy since JY apparently wrote a phrase that included the name of the song in another post lol..), it's going to be really beneficial for him to be involved in something like this. I am not really surprised that he is involved in it for various reasons. ZZ has always said that he wants to give his fans positive energy and he's also been steady in his support of various national ideas and themes (JY too). So it really isn't that surprising, but it would still be really interesting to see. 

Spoiler

I feel like there's been so many things going on recently, JY and ZZ have been brought up together a lot on various gossip sites, JY and ZZ have just recently been talked about together on an official sina article. There's the new BTS footage that came out. So many things happened and really CPF have no idea what to do about it either. There's probably two main possibilities, one is that there are lots of competing celebrities or entertainment industries that want to drag JY and ZZ down with addicted related footage, news etc in the hopes that associating them with each other and with addicted would cause only fans to abandon them and to stir up trouble for them with ppl who don't really know them yet.

The second possibility is that JY and ZZ may be aware of the release of the BTS footage and agree to it as a way to get only fans and the general public used to the idea of them together, since this is a point in their careers where they might be restricted by their growing popularity into a certain mainstream path. If they don't want to be so constrained and washed clean by this process they will probably have to associate themselves with each other in way that ppl will hear about regardless of if they are fans are not. The majourity of non fans still associate them with each other since they probably first heard about them from addicted. Only fans like bz go overboard a lot and if nothing happens they will feel like they have the right to act in an unreasonable way towards CPF etc. Maybe JY and ZZ can't say anything directly about it, but if they want to be true to themselves or even lay the path for that later on, it would be necessary for some reminders to come up.

Both of these possibilities may be true actually, they could both be happening at the same time lol. But there's been so many articles and references to them together lately.. I mean.. There may be the chance that things are loosening up for them. But it's a drawn out kind of slow process, not all at once. I feel like the official recognition of JY and ZZ by various government related shows is kind of an indication anyways. They both have very good qualities, they are good ppl. And this year a national newspaper has already stated that there shouldn't be discrimination over ppl's sexuality. I mean sure, they can say one thing and do another, but would it even be necessary for a government to handle the issue so fancily? They didn't have to in the past afterall.. I've been thinking about this for a while and these are just my thoughts, i don't have any special knowledge of anything, so probably shouldn't get too excited, let's see what happens for the rest of the year lol. 

Also, ppl have been talking about that rumour that ZZ may be involved in a drama about ping pong as one of two male leads LOL. It's probably a good chance since ZZ has been going for "training" for a new film project and since this drama is about athletes/ping pong players he probably does have to prepare for it. The other rumoured actor seems to be a pretty cool guy, i haven't watched anything by him myself, but his fans already support another male male CP for him so i don't think CPF have to worry about a new CP lol. Although, he may have some fans that are against him working with ZZ.. I hope they're not as bad as VS's fans though. Also, apparently the true sports fans that follow ping pong etc, are pretty damn harsh, so some ppl kind of didn't know if they wanted ZZ to be involved since these sports fans may bash him.. I feel like they may do it to the other male star too, but ZZ may be more obvious for them. Basically sports fans like that may not be satisfied by anything anyways.. Even if true athletes played the main roles they may still have things to complain about lol..

• Like 9

I just watched episode 8 of Let Go of My Baby, which i've been enjoying a lot so far, even though i really wish that ZZ could be on the show too.............................. 

There's a couple of things that are kind of interesting though.. I'm not going to talk about the YZ stuff so much as the special guests in the show. The guest who they called the "CEO", i don't know his name in english, i'll just call him F gege, he's a really famous singer, like very mainstream country wide famous, i think he's actually taiwanese, but moved over to work in china mainly. My parents listen to him too, so really this show has had so many big stars come as guests. Like the other guy before him is a very famous singer too. Probably JY and the other regular gege's in the show were surprised to see him and then they got F gege too lol. It's like a parade of famous singers coming onto the show lol.

Spoiler

But the other thing about F gege, is that he's pretty much known to be gay lol. Like my parents know and it's kind of understood that he is, he's in his 60's already and i think he has a partner too? No official announcement i don't think, but like most things in the chinese entertainment industry it gets out and is just known by basically everyone that knows him lol. (It was kind of sad to hear that F gege has never ridden the subway/trains in beijing or shanghai, i think it's because he got famous in china so early, he didn't really have a chance to ride the subway etc like a normal person without a lot of security, same with the Hua Hua guy, sorry i'm so bad with the names lol.)

And i heard from a CPF, i don't even know if she's talking about the same person but the story is kind of similar.. She was talking about a male star who never married and then suddenly had a child and it was understood that it's because he's probably gay too lol. I'm not sure.. But i'm starting to think maybe it might be Jerry Yan who just came on to the show in episode 8 lol.............................. He was a member of F4 and he sang that meteor garden song that they sang in the shanghai addicted fan meeting (where ZZ changed the lyrics lool..) i think.. My memory is bad but i think maybe the CPF said it was someone from F4, so most likely it is Jerry, because during the show Jerry said he has one child, Dong Dong ge (another name issue again lol) immediately asked him where the child came from lol.............. Jerry just said "i just have one", like no real explanation, Dong Dong didn't let up and kept asking, i mean i feel like this is already kind of known in the usual way like with F gege. But Dong Dong just did not give up on this line of questioning, maybe because Jerry never goes on any variety shows and ppl rarely have the chance to ask him this, Dong Dong seems to have this trait lol.. He likes to kind of tease/play around with ppl when he senses there's some fun to be had..................... Lol. He kept asking and then Jerry kind of changed his story and said that he had to prepare for this show so he interacted with a kid..........

After that the rest of them couldn't take it anymore and just let him off the topic. But yeah............... I feel like the reason half the famous guests that came was related to JY or soemthing, whether it was scripted by the directors etc or not........................ X____X;;;;;;;; I mean F gege already knew JY's nickname was whale, he asked him during the show. And Jerry said he usually does not go on variety shows, because he said he doesn't have the temperament for it, his nickname is like "the dragon" or something because he gets angry easily. (JY was instantly clapping when he heard that because there's someone else who gets mad on the show now. The other gege pointed at JY and said that too, so for all the ppl who completely believes JY when he says he has a really good temper all the time.............. Well........... Maybe JY doesn't even necessarily think so.) It seems like he likes kids so maybe that's why he came, but seriously......... That's two stars that may or may not be gay. It's like this season they're showing up out of curiosity or for moral support or something. Although the show itself has had YZ candy that was pointed out by CPF. Of course, this is just what i heard and my thoughts on it. You guys can take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I dont know if the Let Go of My Baby episodes are coming out faster or if subbers are working around the clock, but I feel I hardly manage to watch one and there is already a new one in the pipeline :unsure:

Now we got Episode 7 with Eng subs available for all the eager viewers, link HERE. As always, thank you Jiaersubs team, you are pure gold ^_^

We are also slowly but surely (not surly ;)) approaching ZZ Shake it up time! Somebody gonna move that booty, aint ya? :P

I was investigating the origin of the Chinese name of the show, see spoiler if interested in my findings (i know other might have posted some stuff about it, but I went to consult my Chinese oracle :rolleyes:)

Spoiler

In Chinese 新舞林大会 - xin wulin dahui.

For fun I ran it through the google translate, see spoiler :P

Spoiler

ZKjeW75.jpg

Google makes it sound like ZZ will take part in some environmentally oriented program to save the rain forests B)

Well, my Chinese oracle says that people are trying to be bit funny here, because "wulin" 武林 means a community of martial artists. "Wu" character is different, the one in the show's name 舞 means "dance" but both characters have the same pronunciation.

The funny thing is that "wulin" 武林 is only a fictional term used in wuxia (wuxia is a term for Chinese fiction genre about Chinese martial artists in ancient China).

Dahui 大会 really means like a general meeting, convention. So I assume its like a continuation of the martial art "joke".

To conclude, we have something like "the convention of the martial artists community" with the "dance" twist and its "new" because apparently the show concept has been revived, rewritten.

Well, I am sure ZZ will bring on his A game :)

A Shake it up preview I saw on youtube in spoiler, cr. 11301020

Spoiler

Then I have one more ZZ thing to share and that is the GQ Sport magazine July 2018 issue that we obtained (totally legal, folks, no worries B)) See spoiler for details

Spoiler

I wanted to buy online because in our countryside, there are hardly any magazines selling in the stores these days, but the online sources didnt seem quite reliable, so I hesitated with the actual purchase. Then it seems like it was my lucky day, because my BF was traveling for business and he sent me a photo from the airport (credit me, see spoiler).

Spoiler

GzxzsNv.png

We were all very excited in our study group (@nyota, @artemis73 ) as this is our first zz or jy magazine we procured. its so precious :rolleyes:

We kept being excited for next three days as the magazines were taking a trip around China (around 4000km in total) before coming "home" :unsure:

Then I saw the actual magazine and my jaw dropped :crazy:

Spoiler

cr me

KgOW13x.png

It is a package deal. There is this big a$$ GQ magazine with Kris Wu all over it (I swear that magazine weighs like 2 kilos) and GQ sport with ZZ is like its slightly undernutritioned cousin :unsure: I saw all those LD and HD photos and scans of ZZ pages, but nobody told me about Kris Wu! :sweatingbullets:

Fortunately the whole set cost 20RMB (~2EUR give or take), so I consider Kris Wu as a freebie :lol:

Including Kris Wu poster. Any takers? :P

Spoiler

cr. me

LAkG94O.png

Everybody saw ZZ shots from the GQ Sport here and there, so I dont think there is any point to show them all here, so I just pick some I like, see spoiler, cr. me

Spoiler

HOcONNVE.jpg

ZZ aka PE teacher. "...whistle baby, whistle baby..." (oh gosh, I just read the full lyrics from Flo Rida, is that about what I think it is about? :vicx:

Fey8Bia.jpg

Whatever you are doing there ZZ, you go get them, tiger! ;)

x1nRaQs.jpg

Unlike ZZ's "my legs come only up to here"

Any Bridget Jones fans in the house? :phew:

Now Kris is not the only freebie. As somebody said (@artemis73) there are many handsome men in ZZ GQ Sport;) (cr.  me)

Spoiler

XwvK20o.jpg

"Come my lady, come come my lady, you're my butterfly, sugar baby..." (I cant believe, another "ehm" lyrics :vicx:, I should stop now)

kNGon8g.jpg

Nope, no more songs. Jordan can take his "spiel" somewhere else :P

That's all folks, peace out

Edited by tuzicr
tagging still doesnt work
  • Like 5

Hello everyone, it's my third post here and i really want to confess a little bit about how i feel since i started joining this fandom. i know it's gonna sound so cliché because it's what everyone has been through but anyhow, i'm still gonna say it hahhaha.... bare with me, my English level is intermediate so i'm just going to make it short and i hope you guys can understand. 

Just for your information, I have never encounter any BL stuffs(especially drama) before. During my semester break(last april), i stayed at my hostel alone because my house is so far away and my break duration was only 1 week. At that time, I was so bored so i randomly played any drama on youtube because i didn't know what else to watch. The drama that I watched at that time was History 2 : Crossing the line. After completed watching the whole episodes in one go, i started to get addicted. I searched for another chinese BL drama and i encountered Shang yin. Since then, my whole life became chaos especially when I found out that there'll be no second season.

It was a really hard experiences for me as i struggled with depression and heartbreak during the whole one week, alone. I've re-watched it again for only god knows, 10 times? but I still can't move on. At that time, I really wished that i didn't encounter Shang yin and I feel so regretted for watching it because I can't get it out of my mind. I've tried watching other BL dramas but I still can't move on. At that time, I was not into ZZ and JY yet because when I found out that the two of them are banned from appearing in public together, i didn't really mind at all because i was only obsessed with Guhai and BLY and want the second season so bad.

What made me more depress is that i can't tell about it to anyone including my friends and family because they're a bit conservative so i had to bear it alone. I struggled with it for 8 weeks and slowly my life returned back stable. During that 8 weeks, i tried to ignore my feeling, hold myself from re-watching it again but i feel like it made my feeling worst. Also, i saw lots of comments about reading the novel to know about the continuation of the drama. At first, i didn't want to read because I'm not a book or reading person. But, i don't how i managed to start to read it and finished the whole novel on whattpad. The novel kinda cured my emotion a little bit but it also addicting! I remember myself crying silently in class during the lecture because the topic that we were learning was about hepatitis virus:joy:. When i had free time, I was being quite while reading the novel and my friends think that i was being weird. Everytime right after I finished my classes, I returned back to my hostel as fast as i can to continue reading the novel. I admit that It really affect my study but I don't know who to be blamed. I just can't help it but most of the time, the surrounding and situations around me always keep reminding me about scenes in Shang yin it made me smile and sometime I cried haha. I remember one time when I was on a motorcycle with my friend, I saw a Chinese family which has a motorcycle workshop business, they were eating happily together on a table in their workshop with their dirty clothes on and I can't help myself from crying so hard watching them.

One time, I found a 1+ hour duration of summary video about ZZ and JY journey since their first meet until the banning and I was crying during the whole video. Since then, I started to follow and study everything about Shang yin and ZY slowly like following ZZ and JY on Instagram, installing Weibo to be keep updated about them, finding fan accounts and so on and finally, now, I SURVIVED! I mean, I can now live with it in peace. I am now focus on ZY more and and i've never been so proud for being one of CPF. I actually struggled with myself whether or not I should go to ZZ's concert in Thailand last may and in the end, I chosed to not go and guess what? Its the decision that I regretted so much in my life. Now, I started to get obsessed and appreciate with Chinese music and language so much. I started to know about Teresan Teng, Na Ying, Jay Chou and many more and I really love their songs especially those that are related to ZY. I've also discovered about a singer named Zhou Shen and dayum! He has one of the most amazing and angelic voice ever.

Honestly, It's been a hard and wonderful journey for me and I know It's also the same for you guys. So KUDDOSS to everyone! This is actually my first obsession ever. I always thought that all my Kpoper friends are overly-reacted with their kpop obsession but now I finally understand how it feel. After I found this forum, I realized that I'm not alone so I would like to appreciate everyone for their hardwork to keep us updated in this forum. I really jinjja cheongmal appreciate it soo much!

Now, I'm actually learning Chinese slowly and girllllll.... It's way harder than learning any other language. If anyone of u have any tips on learning Chinese easier for a beginner like how to memorized the character easier, any book recommendations? Hope that you can share it with me. My goal is just to be able to read and understand Chinese because I want to read a lot of Chinese novels but unfortunately, most of them are not translated yet and the novels that are being translated is updated so slow like one chapter per week. Imagine if a novel has 200 chapters? It would need 200 weeks@ 4 years to finish translating the whole novel. So, I am thinking that it would be better if i learn Chinese rather than waiting for the whole novels to be translated.

Sorry for the long post!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, YuZhouHao said:

Now, I'm actually learning Chinese slowly and girllllll.... It's way harder than learning any other language. If anyone of u have any tips on learning Chinese easier for a beginner like how to memorized the character easier, any book recommendations? Hope that you can share it with me. My goal is just to be able to read and understand Chinese because I want to read a lot of Chinese novels but unfortunately, most of them are not translated yet and the novels that are being translated is updated so slow like one chapter per week.

Hello @YuZhouHaoand very warm welcome here!

Thank you for sharing your story here with us.

What I can say about learning Chinese language...

Spoiler

Before I started learning Chinese (I am still far away from being fluent in Mandarin), I have studied some different languages like English, German and Spanish. I have come into closer contact with Scandinavian languages (including Finnish), Russian language family and from Asian family Japanese. I am not speaking those languages, but I have some understanding of the system. So I can say Chinese language is very different from any of those :D

Recommendation from my side is to get a Chinese teacher and learn the basic things from a real teacher. Then you can build up on it on your own. There are many things that are hard to comprehend unless you have a native speaker to explain it (and sometimes the answer I still get is: "thats just the way it is. no reason":wacko:).

Once I got the basics in, what helped me is watching some chinese videos with both english and chinese subtitles. e.g. I watched lot the taiwanese series Black and White ( 痞子英雄  in Chinese). In my opinion they talk very clearly, not that fast and as its a crime drama I enjoyed watching it. Therefore I would recommend you find watching something that you like and just repeat and repeat and repeat (I know Addicted might be the obvious choice, but I leave that to your discretion ;))

I hope this can help you and wish you best luck with learning Chinese!

:thumbsup:

• Like 5

On 7/17/2018 at 1:07 PM, tuzicr said:

Hello @YuZhouHaoand very warm welcome here!

Thank you for sharing your story here with us.

Hey guys...~ Just wanted to say 'Bravo' to all of you here in Soompi YuZhou family... it's good to come back here after a long while and see so many new members - 'baobaos' (in chinese = cpfans) keeping our YuZhou 'passion' going fervently! Very good!!~~   For us/some older baobaos (ones who've started early in Soompi/in this family then not so much now (like me~) I believe we are ALL very much STILL (forever will be for me) IN LOVE with YuZhou! so please don't mind us if we're not as active here as before.  Our hearts and passions are still very much STRONG with you all for YuZhou! Mine is, for sure and for eternally/eternity... I'm WITH and FOR YUZHOU!  They are my dearest special two loves! ...Keep your 'fire' going strong for YuZhou, everyone, as they are 'truly' a 'unique' pair - 'fated' and 'matched' by heaven!~  I was never into bl love before our two boys... not a celeb chaser ever.. before/after YuZhou still, they are my ONLY two celebs that I've fallen wholeheartedly IN LOVE with because of ShangYin and what'd happened to them... their love started in SY and still continuing after SY... they are TRUE love... their love and happenings have TOUCHED my heart like so many hearts around the world... so KEEP IT UP, baobaomen... keep your fire and passion burning for YuZhou and continue to WALK and LOVE THEM! Keep spreading about 'this family' too as it is a GOOD support for each other. I will always love this fandom too as it's helped and 'blessed' me alot about YuZhou!  I haven't left this family, I'm just too busy to commit to so many other things so only visiting whenever possible but STILL LOVE you all here and every news and updates of our boys!  Thank you very much for everyone's sharing on Soompi.  Best wishes to you all, baobaomen!  Let's KEEP our HEARTS BURNING for YUZHOU! Bless our boys and bless all baobaomen (cpfans)! ~ xx...

• Like 10

On 7/17/2018 at 8:07 PM, tuzicr said:
  Hide contents

There are many things that are hard to comprehend unless you have a native speaker to explain it (and sometimes the answer I still get is: "thats just the way it is. no reason":wacko:).

This is what troubling me. I'm learning it character by character but when those characters are combined to create a sentence, sometimes, it doesn't make any sense to me like HOW? but anyway, thank you for the tips! I'm now hunting for a chinese speaker around my area, , ,

• Like 4

Sorry, once again not caught up to the posts here. Just want to say a word of welcome to @YuZhouHao first, hope you have fun here! :) 

Now, for all the ppl who want to watch ZZ on Shake it Up! the show is playing right now on dragon TV, sorry i just found a link not too long ago. ZZ's small part just passed. Should be more later..  Ok i'm way too nervous watching him dance...... I'll pass it on to everyone lol..

http://www.zhiboba.org/pindao/dongfangweishi.html

• Like 4

Hello everybody! ^_^

For those who couldn't watch ZZ in Shake It Up today, he was so kind as to post a video of his performance on his weibo (I hope the link works):

http://t.cn/Rg3OR5k

I recorded all the ZZ parts in Shake It Up myself as well but I forgot to turn down the volume of my laptop (I watched it on two devices with my phone lagging behind so I had enough time to record it) so now the audio is basically an echo the whole time :sweatingbullets::lol: Created a headache for @tuzicr when she tried to understand ZZ :lol: I promise to do better next time so I can share it with you guys :)

His Latin dance performance was really impressive (seems like the professional dancers agreed ^_^). He looked a little less comfortable with the freestyle part but I think he did great nevertheless. I'm very much looking forward to the next episodes when we'll see him performing on stage - this was only a teaser ;) Generally ZZ was quite chatty on Weibo today, commenting and critically analyzing his own performance and even posting gifs of himself :lol:

Cr 许魏洲工作室 and 许魏洲ZZ

Spoiler

AM5mXLS.jpg

Combination of domineering and cuteness (probably sounds better in Chinese). I like that  :wub:

A4pXCPQ.jpg

His studio account also posted a pic of him watching the show live. Fans kinda hoped before that JY and ZZ would watch it together since they're both in Shanghai at the moment but well... we don't know what happened afterwards ;) I think it's enough to know that they're both at the same time in the same city again :blush:

Cr 许魏洲工作室

Spoiler

BhqmHF1.jpg

pJTcrO2.jpg

Earlier today 5MilesLove posted a pic of ZZ:

Cr 5MilesLove_瑜洲双人图博

Spoiler

4NP8ACQ.jpg

I looked for the lyrics and it's this song (in spoiler). I don't like the MV and the song is a little too clubby for my taste but the lyrics fit very well as usual :)

Cr Armada Music

Spoiler

Lyrics credit to the songwriter (don't really know who it is): 

I've been waiting for you
To take me out of the dark
All you need is a spark
To light it up
like fire
Light it up,
take me higher
Light it up
like fire
Light it
up, up - higher, higher
Light it up, go
Like firework tonight
For you to go and break down my walls
You took me out of the blue
And now I wanna have it all
So light it up like fire
Light it up,
take me higher
Light it up like fire
Light it up, up - higher, higher Light it up, go
Out of the dark
(dark)
Like firework
Like firework
Like firework
(Like firework)
Like firework
Like firework
Like firework
(tonight)

Also there's been some voting going on for ZZ lately and it'd be great if all of you with a Weibo account could participate :) 

Link to the voting: https://m.weibo.cn/p/1059030002_6807_42?wm=3333_2001&sourcetype=weixin&uid=6021444510&from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

The first pic in the spoiler shows where you need to click, the second one where you can confirm your vote/go back to voting again (I don't really know what it says in Chinese but it works this way :lol:). You can vote five times each day. 

Spoiler

BcL5TTM.jpg

Jpgdqic.jpg

Last but not least @tuzicr found out how we can watch Happy Camp with ZZ which is airing on 28 July. It will be broadcasted on Mango tv and you can download the app for Android as well as for iOS. Just type in 芒果tv and you should be able to find it :)

There has already been an interesting teaser where we can see some interaction between ZZ and VS. I think he totally had the upper hand here :P VS was so startled and didn't know how to react to a super charming and cunning ZZ. It looks like they're in the same team but I think we don't have to worry too much about him. He seemed to be in a good mood and was having fun :)

Cr yuzhousubs

Spoiler

• Like 8

On 7/14/2018 at 12:35 PM, tuzicr said:

There was a kid emergency, which catapulted Jackson out of the bed like supermum on steroids.

Hahaha omg I only saw this now and I was laughing my butt off :lol::lol: When speaking of butts: I want to add one screenshot where we see JACKSON TOUCHING JY's BUTT!! But I forgive him.

Cr for screenshot: meeee

Spoiler

HTBG2TO.png

On 7/16/2018 at 7:26 PM, tuzicr said:

I was investigating the origin of the Chinese name of the show, see spoiler if interested in my findings (i know other might have posted some stuff about it, but I went to consult my Chinese oracle :rolleyes:)

I really like this Chinese oracle and secret CPF. My sincere thanks for all the hard work for the fandom :rolleyes:

We kept being excited for next three days as the magazines were taking a trip around China (around 4000km in total) before coming "home" :unsure:

Going to add some more thousands km now :):heart:

Fortunately the whole set cost 20RMB (~2EUR give or take), so I consider Kris Wu as a freebie :lol:

Including Kris Wu poster. Any takers? :P

He looks like strange male snow white who's biting into a rather sour apple :crazy:

• Like 7

On 7/17/2018 at 9:24 AM, YuZhouHao said:

Hello everyone, it's my third post here and i really want to confess a little bit about how i feel since i started joining this fandom. i know it's gonna sound so cliché because it's what everyone has been through but anyhow, i'm still gonna say it hahhaha....

Welcome to our soompi sanctuary from my side as well :) Thank you for sharing your story, I think we can all relate to how much Addicted, ZZ and JY affected our lives :lol: I've never been part of a fandom before either but YZ is really special. And it's real. I instantly loved the spirit of the CPF community, everyone's all in for ZZ and JY. We'll always stay by their sides :)

On 7/17/2018 at 9:24 AM, YuZhouHao said:

Since then, I started to follow and study everything about Shang yin and ZY slowly like following ZZ and JY on Instagram, installing Weibo to be keep updated about them, finding fan accounts and so on

Are you part of the ZY cult? I often joke about it myself :lol:

@lovehaiyin Thank you for your encouraging words :) Some of us (including myself) haven't been part of the fandom for long but I hope what matters most is that we put all our hearts into supporting them :heart:

Have nice evening/morning/afternoon/night everybody ^_^

• Like 8

@YuZhouHao I find this list helpful with learning Chinese characters. It is the most common 5000 characters used in newspaper, novels, and everyday use https://abcmandarinmission.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/first-5000.pdf. This list is useful coupled with Google translator and looking at their different forms when paired with another character. I took a few years of Chinese and found the 5000 characters a good refresher years later when I have forgotten most of what I have learned (LOL). If I had known, I would've studied diligently. Also grammar https://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Main_Page. Chinese idioms is a must. They're used a lot in novels.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The full episode for Shake It Up is now up on youtube under the official channel:

Cr. SMG上海电视台官方频道 SMG Shanghai TV Official Channel

The clip of just ZZ's dance (but not his other parts in the episode) is here:

Cr. SMG上海电视台官方频道 SMG Shanghai TV Official Channel

Spoiler

Generally i think it went pretty well on the first ep although there were some issues with the cutting.......... As you can see.. I think some ppl were more surprised about things like the fact that the episode didn't show the dancing of all the contestants at the end. There wouldn't have been enough time on the first episode for that and during the press release they did say that they filmed in a way that didn't really lead to a natural ending between episodes. I think most ppl didn't watch the conference so they're thrown off by how abruptly the episode ended. So it may end up being that every time they go into record it'll be split into 2 or more episodes. I was wondering how they were going to be able to broadcast an episode every sunday when they didn't start recording that early ahead of time. So this way it would work. And since ZZ went in to record for Shake It Up today, ZZ's team probably won't announce the days he goes in to record for it officially.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler
On 7/17/2018 at 12:24 AM, YuZhouHao said:

Hello everyone, it's my third post here and i really want to confess a little bit about how i feel since i started joining this fandom. i know it's gonna sound so cliché because it's what everyone has been through but anyhow, i'm still gonna say it hahhaha.... bare with me, my English level is intermediate so i'm just going to make it short and i hope you guys can understand. 

Just for your information, I have never encounter any BL stuffs(especially drama) before. During my semester break(last april), i stayed at my hostel alone because my house is so far away and my break duration was only 1 week. At that time, I was so bored so i randomly played any drama on youtube because i didn't know what else to watch. The drama that I watched at that time was History 2 : Crossing the line. After completed watching the whole episodes in one go, i started to get addicted. I searched for another chinese BL drama and i encountered Shang yin. Since then, my whole life became chaos especially when I found out that there'll be no second season.

It was a really hard experiences for me as i struggled with depression and heartbreak during the whole one week, alone. I've re-watched it again for only god knows, 10 times? but I still can't move on. At that time, I really wished that i didn't encounter Shang yin and I feel so regretted for watching it because I can't get it out of my mind. I've tried watching other BL dramas but I still can't move on. At that time, I was not into ZZ and JY yet because when I found out that the two of them are banned from appearing in public together, i didn't really mind at all because i was only obsessed with Guhai and BLY and want the second season so bad.

What made me more depress is that i can't tell about it to anyone including my friends and family because they're a bit conservative so i had to bear it alone. I struggled with it for 8 weeks and slowly my life returned back stable. During that 8 weeks, i tried to ignore my feeling, hold myself from re-watching it again but i feel like it made my feeling worst. Also, i saw lots of comments about reading the novel to know about the continuation of the drama. At first, i didn't want to read because I'm not a book or reading person. But, i don't how i managed to start to read it and finished the whole novel on whattpad. The novel kinda cured my emotion a little bit but it also addicting! I remember myself crying silently in class during the lecture because the topic that we were learning was about hepatitis virus:joy:. When i had free time, I was being quite while reading the novel and my friends think that i was being weird. Everytime right after I finished my classes, I returned back to my hostel as fast as i can to continue reading the novel. I admit that It really affect my study but I don't know who to be blamed. I just can't help it but most of the time, the surrounding and situations around me always keep reminding me about scenes in Shang yin it made me smile and sometime I cried haha. I remember one time when I was on a motorcycle with my friend, I saw a Chinese family which has a motorcycle workshop business, they were eating happily together on a table in their workshop with their dirty clothes on and I can't help myself from crying so hard watching them.

One time, I found a 1+ hour duration of summary video about ZZ and JY journey since their first meet until the banning and I was crying during the whole video. Since then, I started to follow and study everything about Shang yin and ZY slowly like following ZZ and JY on Instagram, installing Weibo to be keep updated about them, finding fan accounts and so on and finally, now, I SURVIVED! I mean, I can now live with it in peace. I am now focus on ZY more and and i've never been so proud for being one of CPF. I actually struggled with myself whether or not I should go to ZZ's concert in Thailand last may and in the end, I chosed to not go and guess what? Its the decision that I regretted so much in my life. Now, I started to get obsessed and appreciate with Chinese music and language so much. I started to know about Teresan Teng, Na Ying, Jay Chou and many more and I really love their songs especially those that are related to ZY. I've also discovered about a singer named Zhou Shen and dayum! He has one of the most amazing and angelic voice ever.

Honestly, It's been a hard and wonderful journey for me and I know It's also the same for you guys. So KUDDOSS to everyone! This is actually my first obsession ever. I always thought that all my Kpoper friends are overly-reacted with their kpop obsession but now I finally understand how it feel. After I found this forum, I realized that I'm not alone so I would like to appreciate everyone for their hardwork to keep us updated in this forum. I really jinjja cheongmal appreciate it soo much!

Now, I'm actually learning Chinese slowly and girllllll.... It's way harder than learning any other language. If anyone of u have any tips on learning Chinese easier for a beginner like how to memorized the character easier, any book recommendations? Hope that you can share it with me. My goal is just to be able to read and understand Chinese because I want to read a lot of Chinese novels but unfortunately, most of them are not translated yet and the novels that are being translated is updated so slow like one chapter per week. Imagine if a novel has 200 chapters? It would need 200 weeks@ 4 years to finish translating the whole novel. So, I am thinking that it would be better if i learn Chinese rather than waiting for the whole novels to be translated.

Sorry for the long post!

Hi @YuZhouHao, i finally read your post lol. Welcome again and i think that your english is actually not bad. :D At least i can understand pretty easily. I feel like your story sounds a lot like the stories of many CPF, other than the fact that you don't have a lot of chinese ppl around you etc lol. Many of them also watched addicted during the holidays when they had nothing else to do and then became obsessed with it after. So many CPF haven't slept earlier than like 1am or 2am ever since they knew about addicted and YZ lol.................... It's been a year and a half and i still don't sleep early really.......... It's like 2:30am right now. At least you're probably in a closer time zone than me lol.

I usually hate it when a show i really like ends, so usually i resort to fanfics or something. Although there aren't as many around, i think i got into YZ much earlier than you though, probably right after watching addicted. The crying etc is kind of normal too lol............. This is all part of the normal process of being a YZ fan sadly lol..... Really your story just reminds me of the posts by CPF talking about how they got into YZ. Even though they usually live in china there's quite a few CPF that live in smaller cities or remote areas where they're the only ones that know about them. And they don't really want to share with ppl who might be more conservative etc. Congratulations on surviving lol. Yeah if you can go to a concert, as in if you're close enough, it's probably worth going. 

Chinese is really hard to learn........................ You're right lol. I never really thought i would learn enough to do much and i still don't know that much to be honest. But once you are in this fandom it does get easier, looking at weibo/watching their shows lol. I guess it is different for me since i do know a dialect of chinese so it is easier to compare words. Learning chinese formally through school is probably a good idea, learning pinyin is also a good idea. I was way too lazy to learn it and i still need to lol. It gets kind of confusing when you already know one chinese dialect. But pinyin is super useful since you can actually start communicating with ppl in chinese once you know pinyin and have a smart phone. For me google translate helps a lot. I think somebody else mentioned learning some common words, i think that is a really good idea. :D:D Once you know some basic words you can then start to put it together. Youtube might be helpful for the grammar.. Chinese grammar is actually very simple, you don't need to conjugate words much for past or present tense. If you can learn maybe 100 basic chinese words, things on weibo will get a lot easier to understand. Eventually reading books can happen, even if it might take some years of intense studying. :):) 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, moon-flower said:

@YuZhouHao I find this list helpful with learning Chinese characters. It is the most common 5000 characters used in newspaper, novels, and everyday use https://abcmandarinmission.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/first-5000.pdf. This list is useful coupled with Google translator and looking at their different forms when paired with another character. I took a few years of Chinese and found the 5000 characters a good refresher years later when I have forgotten most of what I have learned (LOL). If I had known, I would've studied diligently. Also grammar https://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Main_Page. Chinese idioms is a must. They're used a lot in novels.  

Lol your links are super helpful, thanks. :lol::lol: I didn't really take any formal chinese classes, i don't think conversational mandarin counts, so i don't have any useful references to study off of. Thankfully i won't be tested on any of these lol. 

• Like 3