[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

44 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Since the drama title is "Hwarang : The Beginning"....I think it will probably ended with the establishment of Hwarang.

The romance plot is appealing but agree, should move beyond there by now.

I have some concern and hope they don't go Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart way that is compressing the pivotal elements and rush the plot. Because this drama is on KBS and not SBS, I have trust in the production team. Plus, this drama is meant to be light-hearted and not taking itself too seriously. On the ratings, anyone watching RTDK would logically pick up Defendant based on the tone of the drama which is more similarly noir.

I won't complain if this is a 50 episodes drama. Let's hope the plot kicking in faster. I hope SMJ will be revealed as King in tonight's episode and end all the agony.

OMG, praaaying that Hwarang will not go down the Heart Ryeo route- that was the most frustrating drama ever. It upsets me every time I think about it, haha. 

Let's keeping watch and hope for the best!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Related imageRelated imageRelated imageth?id=OIP.M1d075a3e55754ea91a68c1921638940eo2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=264&h=166Image result for hwarang: the beginning kiss

The only thing greater than that kiss last week is seeing it again this week:crazy::wub:Swoon!!!  And seeing what MM did passing out wasn't what I expected but laughed at first thinking that was some powerful kiss! LOL:D  Only moments later when ARO gets into bed with him now I have to say that was cute in how she was talking to herself somehow convincing herself it' OK I am a doctor.  Ignoring her heart and the fact that not to long ago they were in a lip lock.  When she placed her hand and arm on his chest again reminding him that he was going to owe her.  But I was thinking she was already being paid in full just laying next to him holding him and  moving as close as she could get.   It must have felt like Heaven being next to the person you love.  Even if you are worried about him being sick. Her heart must have been pumping so fast and so loud and her pulse must have just soared while underneath those blankets...

When MM got up it was pretty funny him being warmed by his roommates.  And as he quietly goes to check on ARO and gently sits beside her goes to touch her but slowly draws his hand back.  My first fear was that he was going to pretend that the kiss never happened acting as if he couldn't remember.  I wondered would he feel guilty in having thought about it. Even later when ARO is waving every part of her body trying to get his attention.  Her character can be so serious and strong and other times like here she is just so funny and it seems so natural...

I love the moments when the King and MM hang out whether they are racing or challenging each other.  Talking in that rhythm pattern back and forth and it's not really about what they are saying more about the enjoyment they seem to get from it. Even watching them play after hearing a type of  honest confession from the King that MM was his first friend and that he liked him. I have said it before they have a bromance type chemistry as well...

They say when words of love are spoken from the heart it becomes poetry to the person who is listening.  I guess it's also true for those who view the written words as well because MM's words after finding ARO's shoe and kneeling down next to her with the sound of rushing water rippling along side them.  Leaning in and looking deep within her eyes admitting  that yes, he remembered... " ARO's reply why did you act like you didn't see me then... His reply because when I look at you I want to hold you.  Because when I look at you.  I want to grab you by the hand, and run away in front of everyone.  I held myself back, that's why it took me so long to come.  I still want to hold you right now,but if I do that, I may break you that is why I cannot. As he grasps at her hands he says I'm sorry"   I decided to quote their words because they were to beautiful for me to describe.  Nothing can be added or taken away when words such as these are so beautifully written and so tenderly spoken...

I love seeing MM & ARO not together and yet they are because they are both thinking about the same thing and we are gifted with a sweet back hug from ARO to MM and you could see in his smile that having her arms wrapped around him tightly knowing that she loved him too must have felt like nothing else in this world.  Hearing her say I missed you watching her lean her head upon his back telling him even if I did get to see you everyday I still missed you.  MM's smile filling up his whole face clasping his hands over hers.  Going back to them having flashbacks most likely all night long for how does one sleep when the happiness inside you feels as if you will explode from pure joy.  This moment not only described what falling in love looks like it allowed us to see what it feels like.  And for some a reminder of how amazing it truly was this feeling called love...

cr:  omokdramas 

the chief knew!! I knew it!! he knows Maek Jong is the King!! at least one of the good guys knows!! please be of aby help!! pleaaaaase!!

and is the princess asking Ah Ro if she knows her brother as she still didn't realise that Maek Jong is her brother (which would be too dumb of her) or she's just surprised that Ah Ro knows he's the King?!! 

Sun Woo is using "you" whie talking to the Princess instead of her title!! :lol: love this man!! he doesn't care about titles, just don't mess with the people he cares for!! :D:wub: and someone stop Sun Woo's fight till death!! :confounded: 

Hwarang webtoon chapter 10!! :wub::lol: 

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49388938&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

off to sleep now!! see you all soon chingudeul, hopefully!! :wub: 

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm losing my mind here!! I knew it the second Moo Myung puted that bracelet on that he'll be mistaken for the King and that day has come!! :scream: 

now the evil minister is planning to kill him through the sword fight till death (insisting on registering that if one dies the other won't to be blamed for his death) :scream: and WHY DID THE QUEEN ASKED SOO HO IF HE KNOWS SUN WOO?!! WHY BRING UP SUN WOO?!! she better be not planning on making them believe that Sun Woo is her son to keep Maek Jong's identity a secret!! :rage: even Han Sung is suspecting that the King is either Sun Woo or Maek Jong!! :dizzy: 

On the other hand this might be also the reason Sun Woo real identity reviel.

1 hour ago, silvianage said:

On the other hand this might be also the reason Sun Woo real identity reviel.

I think queen is planning to use sun woo to hide SMJ's identity. May be that was the reason why she called Soo ho. To ask about the recent development about king being in hwarang-_-

1 hour ago, athena22 said:

I think queen is planning to use sun woo to hide SMJ's identity. May be that was the reason why she called Soo ho. To ask about the recent development about king being in hwarang-_-

My thoughts exactly. By summoning SuHo and asking about Sun Woo, she gave the impression that she cares for him which would make the rest of the hwarangs falling their suspicion on Sun Woo and not Ji Dwi. I think from this point forward, maybe SMJ will decide to no longer hide and reveal himself as the King especially if Sun Woo is to be injured during the sword duel since he now genuinely cares for Sun Woo as a friend. I am also looking forward to see what answer would Sun Woo gave him when Ji Dwi asked what would he do if he found the King. 

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

and is the princess asking Ah Ro if she knows her brother as she still didn't realise that Maek Jong is her brother (which would be too dumb of her) or she's just surprised that Ah Ro knows he's the King?!! 

I can understand since he did not formally introduced himself to the Princess other than being the only person who knew the princess were aiming the arrow to kill Aro. She is puzzled of how he found out of the plan (to kill Aro) but I don't recall the Mom ever told her that the King is in Hwarang's House.

1 hour ago, furu.vu217 said:

Park Hyungsik's agency reveal some photos of him :wub: Cute puppy while waiting for filming :lol:

Thanks for the photos. His eyes, look like an adorable puppy that you feel like to pinch his cheeks and pat him. I like it when he squinted his eyes. 

4 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm losing my mind here!! I knew it the second Moo Myung puted that bracelet on that he'll be mistaken for the King and that day has come!! :scream: 

now the evil minister is planning to kill him through the sword fight till death (insisting on registering that if one dies the other won't to be blamed for his death) :scream: and WHY DID THE QUEEN ASKED SOO HO IF HE KNOWS SUN WOO?!! WHY BRING UP SUN WOO?!! she better be not planning on making them believe that Sun Woo is her son to keep Maek Jong's identity a secret!! :rage: even Han Sung is suspecting that the King is either Sun Woo or Maek Jong!! :dizzy: 

I know!! I was soo scared that it was coming to him being mistaken as the king! :scream:

I am hoping that Moo Myung won't be soo upset when he finds out that Sam Maek Jong is the real king. Today started their bromance and I was really looking forward to that. 

I liked the new hairstyle (the one when she is talking to sun woo) of princess i think it suits her better than other hairstyle:grin: till now which was there. I liked the scene where Soo ho is going on blabbing about the queen and the reaction by SMJ was fab!! hilarious...... (I was like please stop he might be getting ideas about u being stepdad:tongue:

8 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhh yes I'm waiting for it too!! :wub:

I'm watching the episode with subs and I was laughing at Ban Ryu's reaction when Soo Ho told him he feels sorry for his future wife!! :lol: you can tell he was thinking about Soo Yeon!! :wub: and she was hillarious telling Ah Ro that "Master" Ban Ryu is the only faithful man!! :lol: she's totally fallen for him!! :wub: 

I didn't see it yet!! :sweatingbullets:

YEAHHHHHHHH!! I'M SO HAPPY!! :w00t: CONGRATULATON TO OUR DRAMA!! :w00t: hope it keeps on increasing in the future episodes as well!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

I laughed so hard at that "future wife" part, Ban ryu's expressions were priceless. He was 110% thinking about sooyeon! Poor sooho doesn't even know what he is talking about :D lol she is totally head over heals in love with him :wub:

8 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

6 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Sun Woo stayed unconscious for 4 days and a half?!! :dizzy: someone tell me there is something that can heal him from whatever illness he's suffering from or I'll freakout!! but loved how all the boys were there waiting for him to wake up, including "why did you call for me" Ban Ryu!! :wub: and Soo Ho with Yeo Wool "I saved you" "we saved him"!! so sweet!! hhhhhh :wub: 

Ahhh yeah I was shocked as well that he was unconscious for four days... There must be a reason behind his illness.. I feel like it has something to do with his past and maybe it's a trauma or a defense mechanism? I'm not too sure...

6 hours ago, emiry32 said:

I absolutely LOVED today's episode!! :heart: The cuteness between Ah Ro and Moo Myung is just too much for my little heart! AHHHH!!!! :love: The way they think about each other when they're not together and when he brings flowers for her...OMG! I think I died right there :lol: 

The friendship between Moo Myung and SMJ is real. I just hope that once Moo Myung finds out SMJ is the King, he doesn't hate him too much. The bromance between the two in this episode was too adorable! 

And that scene where Soo Ho was talking about the Queen! LOL the look on SMJ's face was priceless! Poor Soo Ho...he doesn't know that he's admiring her right in front of her own son :lol:

Yes I agree with you. I hope they do get more screen time in the upcoming episodes! Well...we just gotta wait and see! :)

After seeing several comments about the ratings, I am also really happy the ratings improved! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! *dances happily* :blush:

Yes, I hope that Moo Myung doesn't hate SMJ as much :( We saw in this episode that SMJ knows it was because of him that Moo Myung's friend died and he definitely feels guilty about it..

I loved SMJ's face as well, his face to Soo Ho was just like, tsk tsk what is this boy talking about..haha!!

6 hours ago, gwkzz said:

Just saw the bed scene.... and suddenly it just hit me like... WOOOOHOOOOO.... WE GOT A BED SCENE!!!!! Drama God is with me after all hahahaha

So far I don't have the slightest complain for this drama. Everything is fine for me.... ani... not just fine... but AWESOME!!! Everyone in Hwarang were just simply awesome, I could easily fall for any of them any time kekekeke.... acting-wise, I found them to be just great in fleshing out each of their character, although some are definitely better than the other (yesh, I am talking about PHS here :wub:). And for those in DB who have enough heart to bash Go Ara's acting, I would just dare them to act the way she did. The way she cried while confessing her heart out was great acting. How she could managed to utter some comprehensible words, errr.. long sentences... while crying like that was just beyond me. And if you did notice, she was able to acting out various different cries gorgeously! From "little-sister-to-her-orabeoni" kind of whimpering cry, to "I-am-worried-that-you-were-dead" kind of anxious cry, to "I-want-him-to-be-my-brother-but-I-don't-want-him-to-be-my-brother" kind of frustrated cry,  to "hear-me-out-I-have-a-confession-to-make" kind of devastated cry.... she just nailed it. Come to think of it... she DID have to cry a lot, and speak at the same time, too haha... poor Aro...

And since somebody already mentioned about the costume, I think I have to confess that at first I was a bit apprehensive about Hwarang exactly because of the costume and their hair-do. I thought I am more into the traditional Joseon-era's attires, especially after they spoiled me with such incredibly wonderful costume in MDbC.  They looked so very neat and classy, and their hair-do were just a simple sangtoo completed with simple gat (Don't get me wrong here, I LOOOOOOVE KDY with his mane of glory, though kekeke). On the other hand, whenever I saw posters of Hwarang, I was like... ewww.... I hate the hair. I hate the costume. For me, their resemblance to traditional Chinese's attire/hair-do were just not my kind of bucket. But of course, people change. Those boys at Hwarang had shown me how wrong I was. I changed my view of their costume ever since episode 1... and here I am, enjoying every juicy bits it has to offer with you all hahaha....

PS: talking about fashion just remind me of this "fashion show" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MygIm1sb9uc&index=90&list=PLPJzFoOSNF-PL5hRP_JLPEy2ZwPw36jJc

It really cracked me up :lol:. It was also the first time we see SMJ in his hwarang uniform (heart-stopping, I know), and comparing him to Pi Ju Ki won't do justice to us all hahahaha

Honestly people have no right to criticize or bash Go Ara's acting. She does tend to cry and tear up a lot and has alot of sad scenes, but do people not know how much skills and acting it takes to do something like that? Crying like that is not an easy thing to do as an actor and the fact that Go Ara is able to pull off crying and really portraying her emotions....Go Ara is doing a fantastic job. I feel like she's really trying to convey the emotions of her character with her acting and I said this before but you really see Aro in her. So I don't think people should be bashing her at all because she's doing a wonderful job portraying Aro.

5 hours ago, fluffychim1013 said:

OMG, praaaying that Hwarang will not go down the Heart Ryeo route- that was the most frustrating drama ever. It upsets me every time I think about it, haha. 

Let's keeping watch and hope for the best!

Oh dear, I hope Hwarag surpasses Scarlet Heart in terms of the plotline ^_^ Lets just say that the first half of Scarlet Heart I suffered from First Lead Syndrome, not even Second Lead Syndrome... And as the drama was reaching the end, it was just so sad and I haven't been able to finish the last 3 episodes although I know what happens in the end....It's such an amazing, beautiful and sad drama but at the same time, very frustrating..

5 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

cr:  omokdramas 

the chief knew!! I knew it!! he knows Maek Jong is the King!! at least one of the good guys knows!! please be of aby help!! pleaaaaase!!

Sun Woo is using "you" whie talking to the Princess instead of her title!! :lol: love this man!! he doesn't care about titles, just don't mess with the people he cares for!! :D:wub: and someone stop Sun Woo's fight till death!! :confounded: 

Hwarang webtoon chapter 10!! :wub::lol: 

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49388938&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

off to sleep now!! see you all soon chingudeul, hopefully!! :wub: 

Yes, I had a feeling that the chief knew that SMJ was King. As the episodes went by, you could see him put the pieces of the puzzle together about Sam Maek Jong. The chief is a smart person and we know he is not on the Queen's side. I hope we can see them work together and build up the Hwarang to the right path.

Aro told the Princess that she doesn't see her own brother in front of her :scream: So I think the princess is going to figure out who her half-brother is in the next episode...

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

My thoughts exactly. By summoning SuHo and asking about Sun Woo, she gave the impression that she cares for him which would make the rest of the hwarangs falling their suspicion on Sun Woo and not Ji Dwi. I think from this point forward, maybe SMJ will decide to no longer hide and reveal himself as the King especially if Sun Woo is to be injured during the sword duel since he now genuinely cares for Sun Woo as a friend. I am also looking forward to see what answer would Sun Woo gave him when Ji Dwi asked what would he do if he found the King. 

I can understand since he did not formally introduced himself to the Princess other than being the only person who knew the princess were aiming the arrow to kill Aro. She is puzzled of how he found out of the plan (to kill Aro) but I don't recall the Mom ever told her that the King is in Hwarang's House.

Thanks for the photos. His eyes, look like an adorable puppy that you feel like to pinch his cheeks and pat him. I like it when he squinted his eyes. 

Hmmm that's a good point but I agree with you about SMJ. Man I feel like next episode we're going to get character's finding out the truth. I am thinking that tomorrow's episode might end up with SMJ confessing he is King to everyone when that sparring happens. Maybe he won't want Moo Myung to fight till the death so SMJ will interfere and reveal his secret.. I think something along those lines will happen, just like what you said as well.

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I know!! I was soo scared that it was coming to him being mistaken as the king! :scream:

I am hoping that Moo Myung won't be soo upset when he finds out that Sam Maek Jong is the real king. Today started their bromance and I was really looking forward to that. 

I also hope he won't be too upset at Sam Maek Jong when he finds out about SMJ being King. We know that Sam Maek Jong feels guilty about his friend being killed because of him so I hope Moo Myung won't be angry for too long.... I really loved their bromance today :wub:

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

One sentence from Queen that puzzles me. When she told Princess to kill Ah Ro, she was saying "the girl must not know the reason she's killed". What does this means? The queen already knows Ah Ro knows SMJ is the king so what other secret is held in there? Unless, Ahn Ji Gong is SMJ's biological father? 

I really wish the writer will have twist the history more, to make the Princess as SMJ's first cousin rather than sister. I don't know which one is worse : WangSo - YeonHwa (different mother same father) or SamMaekJong-Sookmyung (different father same mother)? 

Yeo Wool's mother is a sacred bone, sister of the former king, so is he cousin to SMJ?

Great episode today. I really loved episode 11 and thought the flow and pace of the episode was just fine for me. Based on episode 12 preview, we are definitely going to get more action tomorrow and I am super excited for it!

Loved the romance between Aro and Moo Myung today. When they were both giggling and smiling after the river scene, ahhhhhh they are just too adorable. I was giggling along with them :wub: Now that their romance is officially starting I see the chemistry between them and feel like their scenes are going to be too cute and adorable haha.

Also one word, bromance. Love love love the bromance between Sam Maek Jong and Moo Myung. That archery and river scene just got me right into the heart. When they were playing in the river, gaaahh that was so adorable as well. I love how they're more friendly with each other. When SMJ said that he likes Moo Myung and considers him his friend :love: Ship ship ship!!! I am looking forward to their future bromance scenes and I really hope they become good friends, even after Moo Myung finds out SMJ is King~ I know that Moo Myung is smart and is already piecing together the puzzles as well. I have a feeling that he kind of knows or has a feeling that SMJ is King. Now that the sign unfolded and is shown to all the Hwarang, Moo Myung will definitely figure out that SMJ is King. The question is, how will he take this.... I already said this before but I really hope he won't be too upset at Sam Maek Jong. In the episode today, SMJ said that he owes Moo Myung a debt because he was the reason his friend died so SMJ is aware of this and feels guilty about this.... Lets just hope Moo Myung won't be angry for long.

But that stinken spy among the Hwarang's trainer.... Now the old elder thinks Moo Myung is the King and will definitely do something to reveal the secret.. He has the King's bracelet and knows the King is among Hwarang... I hope things won't go wrong tomorrow :persevere: Based on the preview though...seems like the elder will take action to reveal who is the King among Hwarang. I think SMJ is going to reveal he is King in the next episode while Moo Myung is sparring...or maybe he'll join and stop Moo Myung fighting for his life. I know that tomorrow we are going to get a major cliffhanger though. Many secrets will be revealed tomorrow, especially Sam Maek Jong's secret. The Chief already knows that SMJ is the King so I hope they work together to bring down the Queen and build up Hwarang to be righteous and beneficial for the nation... Definitely excited to watch tomorrow's episode! 

hi , ep 11 ep 11 was consumed.

after I saw that, I thought

"let the rain who pour among them to wash their secrets and let them to be forever friends "

D2lDEvn.png?1

and I thought again:
why on earth they remained alone on the platform, everyone will believe that one of them may be the King ... and it's right !!

That will be easy to discover which of them is , later.

Archived