• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

hahaha will wait a bit more then :D

when will this scene come :wub:

Hide contents

hhhhhhh yes I'm waiting for it too!! :wub:

I'm watching the episode with subs and I was laughing at Ban Ryu's reaction when Soo Ho told him he feels sorry for his future wife!! :lol: you can tell he was thinking about Soo Yeon!! :wub: and she was hillarious telling Ah Ro that "Master" Ban Ryu is the only faithful man!! :lol: she's totally fallen for him!! :wub: 

41 minutes ago, ferily said:

Off topic.. but I'm really curious...how did the first episode of Defendant go? Jisung is in that drama so I'm super excited to see him :wub:

I didn't see it yet!! :sweatingbullets:

27 minutes ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

RATING E11: 11.0%(+2.7%)

(Defendant: 14.5%; Night Light: 4.1%)

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110573043

YEAHHHHHHHH!! I'M SO HAPPY!! :w00t: CONGRATULATON TO OUR DRAMA!! :w00t: hope it keeps on increasing in the future episodes as well!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

2 hours ago, iffatpia said:

don't think its low budget drama! I find their costume very fashionable and good...yeap,they should concentret on every charecter.....but in one drama its hard to give equal importance to every charecter...

about rating,I don't care about rating,even moon lovers was such a great drama,this drama has very low rating.but who cares,when we enjoy it.everyone has different choice....

Agree with you.... it is based on preference... it seems they are many low rating dramas lately..... but they are enjoyable and the actors and actresses still have lots of fans following them. 

Anyone frustrated by how little character development/screen time the other four Hwarangs get (Hansung, Soo Ho, Ban Ryu, Yeo Wol)??? I understand that they have supporting roles but I just want more scenes of the six of them hanging out together. I feel like we barely got any scenes of the actual Hwarangs...

3 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Damn it writer why did you even create ban ryu, sooyeon love line (and ban ryu' character) :bawling: the lack of ban ryu's screen time is not forgivable! :ph34r:

True, they lacked screentime, I wish they would somehow meet again hahaha ^_^

2 minutes ago, fluffychim1013 said:

Anyone frustrated by how little character development/screen time the other four Hwarangs get (Hansung, Soo Ho, Ban Ryu, Yeo Wol)??? I understand that they have supporting roles but I just want more scenes of the six of them hanging out together. I feel like we barely got any scenes of the actual Hwarangs...

I think they would focus about it in the next episode, especially in that sparring tournament hopefully :)

2 hours ago, ferily said:

ahh it's nice to see Hwarang's ratings go up at least :) At 11%!!!!!! I'm surprised Defendant's rating is pretty high as well. I guess it was a high anticipated drama?

I think it's because it has Ji Seung!! :Ddidn't watch it yet but I'm happy for both dramas!! :D and hope my drama keeps on increasing!! :wub: 

1 hour ago, fluffychim1013 said:

I think that we had episodes where it gave some focus on Ban Ryu, Soo Ho and even Han Sung, not yet Yeo Wool but we will see more of them and their separated story and joined story to the leads in the future as well!! :) 

BTS!! :wub::lol: 

cr:  hwarangthebeginning_official 

hhhhhhhhh cute!! :wub: and he hited her for real (by mistake)!! she's all "why did you hitt me for real?!!", she scared him!! :lol: 

cr:  hwarangthebeginning_official 

the kiss scene BTS!! :wub: she hitted him hard for real!! :sweatingbullets: I love how gentele Park Seo Joon is!! :wub: 

5 hours ago, Chi Le said:

with the amount of costumes, i dont think this is a low budget drama. compare to mdbc, this drama has lots more costumes (kdy almost has only one clothes from beginning to the end)

its a bit ridiculous that he jump in front of arrow, he can push her away... and he just pull it out? adn the scene that she was sleeping with him then turn out he sleeps with other two boys, what happens, what did i miss, they just jump scene like that?

i think i still have problem with directing. the whole drama feel like a lazy person. U have lots of guys, it suppose to be fun, lively, lots of action but we just move slowly like a speedy of a cow, and not much major think happen. 

ive seen lots of good feedback about defendant. i dont think hwarang can jump straight to 13% again but it will increase a little.

You hit some points there right.

Sun Woo taking on the arrow for Aro a bit dramatic since he could just pushed her aside. Pulling out the arrow is a big error (at least on this part, Aro as a physician could advised him) because of the error head which will make the injury greater and I am surprised he did not bleed so much.

The boys sleeping with him is just for comedic relief and meant to continue the light-hearted tone of this show. The one thing I don't like is the final scene where Aro, Sun Woo and Ji Dwi stood together in the rain after being startled by the breaking news that the king is in fact in Hwarang house. That scene alone enough for others to single out those 3 and put them in a conflict over the secret regarding the faceless king. I know they tried to make it epic but if only it could be done smarter.

Tonight episode is a bit slow (but understandable to set a stage for something bigger in term of plot movement), less epic to drum the interest especially after the ending of RTDK. Defendant also partially benefited coming in after the success of RTDK. Episode 10 would have been a much better episode to trigger the interest. Alas, this is all about timing. But then, I am happy Hwarang has surpassed 10% and hoping the ratings will continue to rise. There is no need to feel bad with such ratings in this era of internet streaming - since a lot of dramas did not even get to surpass 10%. Those higher profile dramas last year like W, Jealousy Incarnate, Shopping King Louie also gained lower teens ratings. Hwarang is doing pretty good judging many actors are rather newbies.

I dont think the fashion/clothes ar low budget. They are rather pretty and i love the color coordination - hwarang uniforms, princess' male style robe and smj's king robe. And the white sleeping robes the guys wear has shine sheen on them, i don't know about the actual quality, but they look so fit to be wore by the nobilities. Sorry.. i seem to develop fetish for the white sleeping robes.:blink:

2 hours ago, fluffychim1013 said:

Agree, they should focus on all hwarang development and bonding already to make the show more interesting but instead they dwellto much time on the romance plot. (I love the scene of Sun wo/Aro/Sam Maek Jong but they make it to long) 

They also so slow on revealing the identity of SMJ and Mo Myung. It's already half way and the plot is not getting somewhere, I think  that's why they have not received high rating.

Using this current story pace they should have 50 episode not 20 -_-

Rewatching with SUBS.

When Pa Oh told Dan Se "Look at Master Ji Dwi. He is so handsome." - Could not agree more. My dongseng is so swoony :love: I feel illegal fangirling him.

When Dan Se questioned Pa Oh whether he is actually 22 years old and Pa Oh instead reasoned out that he was born earlier and Dan Se stated he was born in January - I die. This old man could not get even funnier.

When Ji Dwi said "I like him but I like his sister more." - How can ones not love a guy so honest with his feelings as this?

When Ji Dwi told Sun Woo "As you know, I am very much interested in your sister. If anyone makes her cry, I will kill that person including you." - My heart cannot take it anymore. This guy is so dreamy :wub:

cr:  omokdramas

Sun Woo stayed unconscious for 4 days and a half?!! :dizzy: someone tell me there is something that can heal him from whatever illness he's suffering from or I'll freakout!! but loved how all the boys were there waiting for him to wake up, including "why did you call for me" Ban Ryu!! :wub: and Soo Ho with Yeo Wool "I saved you" "we saved him"!! so sweet!! hhhhhh :wub: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and Maek Jong's secret (one of his secrets) is that he didn't have any friends and Sun Woo is his 1st friend!! :wub: but sorry Maek Jong-ie Sun Woo doesn't know what we know!! :lol: I love how Sun was "you shouldn't share big secrets" and threw him in the water and Maek Jong is "you better be grateful"!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

THEY HAD A TIE!! :D loved how Dan Sea was proud of Sun Woo telling Pa Oh to try to beat Sun Woo though he only started learning archery for 10 days!! even Maek Jong was impressed by him!! :wub: 

and I died laughig at Pa Oh insisting to be 22 years old only to find out that Dae Sea himself is 22 years old and born in january and there is nothing more earlier than that other than days!! :lol: and he ended up allowing him to talk to him in banmal though he's 20 years older than him!! :lol: 

I'm losing my mind here!! I knew it the second Moo Myung puted that bracelet on that he'll be mistaken for the King and that day has come!! :scream: 

now the evil minister is planning to kill him through the sword fight till death (insisting on registering that if one dies the other won't to be blamed for his death) :scream: and WHY DID THE QUEEN ASKED SOO HO IF HE KNOWS SUN WOO?!! WHY BRING UP SUN WOO?!! she better be not planning on making them believe that Sun Woo is her son to keep Maek Jong's identity a secret!! :rage: even Han Sung is suspecting that the King is either Sun Woo or Maek Jong!! :dizzy: 

I absolutely LOVED today's episode!! :heart: The cuteness between Ah Ro and Moo Myung is just too much for my little heart! AHHHH!!!! :love: The way they think about each other when they're not together and when he brings flowers for her...OMG! I think I died right there :lol: 

The friendship between Moo Myung and SMJ is real. I just hope that once Moo Myung finds out SMJ is the King, he doesn't hate him too much. The bromance between the two in this episode was too adorable! 

And that scene where Soo Ho was talking about the Queen! LOL the look on SMJ's face was priceless! Poor Soo Ho...he doesn't know that he's admiring her right in front of her own son :lol:

2 hours ago, fluffychim1013 said:

Yes I agree with you. I hope they do get more screen time in the upcoming episodes! Well...we just gotta wait and see! :)

After seeing several comments about the ratings, I am also really happy the ratings improved! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! *dances happily* :blush:

19 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Agree, they should focus on all hwarang development and bonding already to make the show more interesting but instead they dwellto much time on the romance plot. (I love the scene of Sun wo/Aro/Sam Maek Jong but they make it to long) 

They also so slow on revealing the identity of SMJ and Mo Myung. It's already half way and the plot is not getting somewhere, I think  that's why they have not received high rating.

Using this current story pace they should have 50 episode not 20 -_-

Since the drama title is "Hwarang : The Beginning"....I think it will probably ended with the establishment of Hwarang.

The romance plot is appealing but agree, should move beyond there by now.

I have some concern and hope they don't go Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart way that is compressing the pivotal elements and rush the plot. Because this drama is on KBS and not SBS, I have trust in the production team. Plus, this drama is meant to be light-hearted and not taking itself too seriously. On the ratings, anyone watching RTDK would logically pick up Defendant based on the tone of the drama which is more similarly noir.

I won't complain if this is a 50 episodes drama. Let's hope the plot kicking in faster. I hope SMJ will be revealed as King in tonight's episode and end all the agony.

8 hours ago, lyserose said:

Of course, my friend. Never could get enough of Sam Maek Jong. Please keep the videos and clips coming and we fangirling together :wub:

Yep, I understand our fangirl feelings :wub: I will continue to update all about  of our Sam Maek Jong :lol:

7 hours ago, Chi Le said:

with the amount of costumes, i dont think this is a low budget drama. compare to mdbc, this drama has lots more costumes (kdy almost has only one clothes from beginning to the end)

its a bit ridiculous that he jump in front of arrow, he can push her away... and he just pull it out? adn the scene that she was sleeping with him then turn out he sleeps with other two boys, what happens, what did i miss, they just jump scene like that?

i think i still have problem with directing. the whole drama feel like a lazy person. U have lots of guys, it suppose to be fun, lively, lots of action but we just move slowly like a speedy of a cow, and not much major think happen. 

ive seen lots of good feedback about defendant. i dont think hwarang can jump straight to 13% again but it will increase a little.

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

You hit some points there right.

Sun Woo taking on the arrow for Aro a bit dramatic since he could just pushed her aside. Pulling out the arrow is a big error (at least on this part, Aro as a physician could advised him) because of the error head which will make the injury greater and I am surprised he did not bleed so much.

The boys sleeping with him is just for comedic relief and meant to continue the light-hearted tone of this show. The one thing I don't like is the final scene where Aro, Sun Woo and Ji Dwi stood together in the rain after being startled by the breaking news that the king is in fact in Hwarang house. That scene alone enough for others to single out those 3 and put them in a conflict over the secret regarding the faceless king. I know they tried to make it epic but if only it could be done smarter.

Tonight episode is a bit slow (but understandable to set a stage for something bigger in term of plot movement), less epic to drum the interest especially after the ending of RTDK. Defendant also partially benefited coming in after the success of RTDK. Episode 10 would have been a much better episode to trigger the interest. Alas, this is all about timing. But then, I am happy Hwarang has surpassed 10% and hoping the ratings will continue to rise. There is no need to feel bad with such ratings in this era of internet streaming - since a lot of dramas did not even get to surpass 10%. Those higher profile dramas last year like W, Jealousy Incarnate, Shopping King Louie also gained lower teens ratings. Hwarang is doing pretty good judging many actors are rather newbies.

You all say what i think too :D There are many ways for MM to save AR but not injured. But this is Kdrama, and they choose dramatic way :rolleyes: Anway, it's pretty funny :tongue:

I still feel this episode is quite slow though watch with sub. hope the next episode will be better.

31 minutes ago, emiry32 said:

I absolutely LOVED today's episode!! :heart: The cuteness between Ah Ro and Moo Myung is just too much for my little heart! AHHHH!!!! :love: The way they think about each other when they're not together and when he brings flowers for her...OMG! I think I died right there :lol: 

The friendship between Moo Myung and SMJ is real. I just hope that once Moo Myung finds out SMJ is the King, he doesn't hate him too much. The bromance between the two in this episode was too adorable! 

And that scene where Soo Ho was talking about the Queen! LOL the look on SMJ's face was priceless! Poor Soo Ho...he doesn't know that he's admiring her right in front of her own son :lol:

Yes I agree with you. I hope they do get more screen time in the upcoming episodes! Well...we just gotta wait and see! :)

After seeing several comments about the ratings, I am also really happy the ratings improved! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! *dances happily* :blush:

I was squeeing like a fool!! :blush: and when he told her that he's holding himself from hugging her because he'll break her (aka he wants to hug her too tight vut she can't take all that force)!! swooooooooooon :blush: 

hope so!! he'll remember how he was sorry for him being hitt and I will realise that Maek Jong's life was hard and full of danger itself and won't hold Mak Moon's death against him!! 

hhhhhhhhhhh I want to know what he'll do when he'll remember this moment after realising who Maek Jong really is!! :lol: 

she's the most womanly woman!! oh my!! :blink: my reaction is same as Sun Woo!! hhhhhhhhhhh 

hope it keep in increasing!! :D 

Just saw the bed scene.... and suddenly it just hit me like... WOOOOHOOOOO.... WE GOT A BED SCENE!!!!! Drama God is with me after all hahahaha

So far I don't have the slightest complain for this drama. Everything is fine for me.... ani... not just fine... but AWESOME!!! Everyone in Hwarang were just simply awesome, I could easily fall for any of them any time kekekeke.... acting-wise, I found them to be just great in fleshing out each of their character, although some are definitely better than the other (yesh, I am talking about PHS here :wub:). And for those in DB who have enough heart to bash Go Ara's acting, I would just dare them to act the way she did. The way she cried while confessing her heart out was great acting. How she could managed to utter some comprehensible words, errr.. long sentences... while crying like that was just beyond me. And if you did notice, she was able to acting out various different cries gorgeously! From "little-sister-to-her-orabeoni" kind of whimpering cry, to "I-am-worried-that-you-were-dead" kind of anxious cry, to "I-want-him-to-be-my-brother-but-I-don't-want-him-to-be-my-brother" kind of frustrated cry,  to "hear-me-out-I-have-a-confession-to-make" kind of devastated cry.... she just nailed it. Come to think of it... she DID have to cry a lot, and speak at the same time, too haha... poor Aro...

And since somebody already mentioned about the costume, I think I have to confess that at first I was a bit apprehensive about Hwarang exactly because of the costume and their hair-do. I thought I am more into the traditional Joseon-era's attires, especially after they spoiled me with such incredibly wonderful costume in MDbC.  They looked so very neat and classy, and their hair-do were just a simple sangtoo completed with simple gat (Don't get me wrong here, I LOOOOOOVE KDY with his mane of glory, though kekeke). On the other hand, whenever I saw posters of Hwarang, I was like... ewww.... I hate the hair. I hate the costume. For me, their resemblance to traditional Chinese's attire/hair-do were just not my kind of bucket. But of course, people change. Those boys at Hwarang had shown me how wrong I was. I changed my view of their costume ever since episode 1... and here I am, enjoying every juicy bits it has to offer with you all hahaha....

PS: talking about fashion just remind me of this "fashion show" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MygIm1sb9uc&index=90&list=PLPJzFoOSNF-PL5hRP_JLPEy2ZwPw36jJc

It really cracked me up :lol:. It was also the first time we see SMJ in his hwarang uniform (heart-stopping, I know), and comparing him to Pi Ju Ki won't do justice to us all hahahaha

Archived