[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

8 hours ago, evie7 said:

Aigo is it BR's step father? I didn't get a chance to check out the recap

Old man did say he'll remove her slowly and in a nonnoticable way...and AR's father was remembering his words...but think its not clear yet was it really him..at least i can't put a hand to a fire he's responsable 

7 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

just saw ep 8 and caught up on ep 7. firstly ban ryu and sooyeons meeting was wild from start to finish. lol. its so much fun seeing him in a different light aside from moody and broody. his shocked face was priceless. he may be the coldest but he came off as such an innocent puppy. also loved the boys bonding more and that carried over to ep  8. so did the incident between BR and SY, it definitely affected the way he was behaving  and i have to say ban ryu was totally cute in this ep. i really like the slow mo walk with aro away from sun woo at the start in ep 8 coupled with that score. the conflict with the queen regent and ban ryu's step father, the whole politics side is building from what i can tell. looks like aro knows that sun woo isnt her brother at the end of the drama . it was so much fun seeing not only our main hwarang boys dance practicing but all the other hwarangs, such clueless kids all of them except suho, he was prepared with his dance lol. i dont think suho remembers the incident between BR and SY since she knocked him out. also BR got another letter form sooyeon and seems quite happy reading it but then idk if it was the same letter/a different one from sooyeon or a letter from someone else, but he seemed angry/upset and then ripped the paper up by the river side. anyways, ive gotta watch it again with subs and will comment more and its really late here so im half asleep lol. although we didnt get the princess in this ep, however next weeks preview looks kinda intense. both sun woo and aro seems angry and upset, ban ryu pulled out a knife, hwarang boys in the red attire etc. another good ep.

BR got 2 letters second time...one from the girl which he decided to cherish near his heart :wub:...and one from stepfather with instruction to sabotage hwarangs dance to embarrass queen and the hwarangs...well that letter went down the river in pieces :)

BTW...i liked scene with king & MM before going back into the house...at first king was rude to him but then he noticed that MM is really sad and became concerned...was a nice change...just like when all the guys showed sympathy after MM mentioned his mother anneversary

BTW 2...was funny yesterday :lol:...our guys enjoyed much

AsR4es.gif 

..so the guy beat up their as*es today :wink:

BTW 3 (and i'll stop for today)...started to wonder we'll we have AR&MM kiss next week...according to development of the story...truth is out...both will be tensed for a while...just needs to explode at some time right? ...10th ep seems just fine :blush:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ferily said:
13 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

I watch Hwarang for Park Seo Joon and to get over Moon Lovers. But now my favourite character is Sam Maek Jong. Always be there to give even though he is always under appreciated by Aro. Notice how Aro never said a thank you to him despite saving her numerous time? Horse riding accident (okay, maybe she didn't notice), kidnap scene (she kicked Maek Jong and basically forgotten that he's the one fighting off bad guys while MM took her away), when the bad middle class guy tried to do something to her for spoiling his shirt? Sam Maek Jong has short coming in expressing his concern/emotion but to be totally ignored by Aro is just so sad.

Agree with what you say 100% and love everything what you said about Sam Maek Jong! Hopefully Aro will show her gratefulness soon :)

she did thank him the day he saved her from that pathetic angry young man who was beaten up by Moo Myung for harming Maek Moon and she thanked him (at the same time) for saving her with Sun Woo from those gansters!! :)

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Someone mentioned that the king married his cousin sister.. so the princess that we are going to see.. is she supposed to marry the king?

EDIT: OKpreview cleared it. Queen wants king to marry the princess and he says he will choose his own bride, so AR gets kidnapped.

However, interestingly, when queen is arguing with CP/King.. its kind of more tilted towards.. her being a protective mother in all of this and not bringing king tothe forefront right away (without strong backing) because she truly is being protective.

THe fact that she trusts no one in palace.. and the king will be killed as soon as he makes an appearance by the ministers.. is what is driving her to behave this way

she's being protective yes but she's greedy too!! that's how I see her!!

6 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Best line...girls having a drink...i like my brother...i like your brother too :lol:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love Soo Yeon!! she's awesome!! :lol: 

cr:  mamamoobangtan 

and I got my wish and Han Sung went to sleep next to Sun Woo!! :wub::P he wats to sleep with the one who feels most human and that's Sun Woo?!! ayyyyyy:wub: and Sun Woo looked at him then allowed him!! :wub: 

off to sleep myself now! see you later chingudeul!! :wub: 

So sorry if this BTS had already been posted but I thought it was sweet how PHS looked so concerned after the force kiss scene.. he was even stroking Go Ara's hair as if it apologize for it.. :(

Also - I totally regret underestimating this drama. I didn't like the posters and the trailer but then I started seeing clips of it all over social media and decided to give it a try. So glad I did :)

Related imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageImage result for hwarang: the beginning 8Related image

So many things going on in these latest two episodes and I won't even try and touch them all but I will talk about the sadness I felt tonight watching AR slowly a little shocked, a little broken and a lot confused by her so called brothers words. It was as if for her time stopped and her heart broke.  As smart as she is his words still ringing in her mind.  How could he not know our mother was a mute?  Quickly she makes an excuse for him that doesn't even make sense to her as the words are coming out of her mouth. For the only thing she really wants to do is run get as far away as she can maybe even a part of her wanted to pretend she heard wrong.   As she walks off every step she takes you could almost feel and see the pain in her eyes.  Step by step as if her heart was breaking piece by piece...

I am enjoying the Hwarang so many different personalities to choose from and each one unique.  I don't always understand the Chief but I do agree with his methods like in punishing them he does it in a group which in time only makes them depend on one another, look out for one another and draws them closer when their not even aware of it themselves learning to work as a team instead of single mindedness and most of them needed that for sure.  As far as the shower scenes:w00t:enough said LOL!!!  I did enjoy the dance practice and them each finding their own rhythm...

Who would have dreamed that BR having his bootie touched, being slapped and then a soft hand caressing his cheek by a beautiful girl (SY) would not just melt his heart but break down the wall he surrounded himself with.  I loved this part the most mainly because you could see the change taking place. Even after, tapping his foot being more kind offering a towel things he would have never done.  Almost a feeling that he was becoming less like a robot and more like a human.  One with feelings and who may in deed have been changed by love itself...

Watching SW & AR washing clothes  being playful and her once again being the one to make an excuse for him.  Brought to mind the very fact of how hard & fearful it would be to confront the truth if you were in her shoes.  She has been alone which must feel like forever no Mother, no brother until one day he comes home.  Which would feel like a miracle and not only that for the first time she isn't alone.  She has someone who cares about her and protects her and she in turn has someone to lean on care about and protect too!  I'm thinking for her pretending it never happened, looking the other way, or just not willing to give up this new found relationship no matter who he is.  For right now what she has is better than anything she has ever known and to her it's priceless... Whether a fake brother or someone she loves all she knows is she doesn't want to lose him...

I thought that the Kings love confession and gifts were so cute there is something about him and AR they do have chemistry and it's working well.  But no matter how good they look together she already has someone else in her heart she just doesn't know where to place him.  I think the King is learning a few things about life from AR as well she speaks her mind and I believe even beyond Hwarang she is teaching him valuable lessons which will make him an even better King in the future...

Nothing was as funny as watching the Hwarang Dancing Brothers moving & motion while making their own kind of music:lol:It only got better when the Chief did a few moves of his own LOL...

The last scene didn't surprise me as I had a feeling AR wants answers about her real brother but even more I wonder if her saying it out loud making SW (MM) know the act was over.  Was more about her feelings for him and separating him from being family because her feelings towards him are not the brotherly kind. It's a given that he has those same feelings towards her as well.  To bad the Queen doesn't know that from the preview she could have saved herself some time and energy....:phew:

Hi....hi....cingudeul.....:waving:

I'm not going to discuss whether the kiss is proper or improper action. I'll just leave it and enjoy it as the part of the flowing story. Beside, Aro doesn't seem to bother much about the kiss. She is indeed a modern girl stay in shilla. 

I love it all. Especially this episode when Ban Ryu is getting softer, no hatefull and wicked aura reflected from his face.....and he looked so handsome now bwahahahaha.  I hope he'll stay loyal to his Hwarang friends and neglect the evil stepfather request.

And the shower scene.....OMG....kamduknim.....jinja....you're really spoilled us. Are you going to give us a shower scene each episode? Not that I mind it, hahaha....you could make us die of heart attack by seeing those naked bodies. Die out of happiness. 

Call me shallow but i do enjoy it all. 

Waiting for the dance in the next ep, when all the idol are dancing, with an awkward park seo jun. And I'm not worried at all about Aro being kidnapped. Because this drama still has a long way to go. Someone must rescue her either SMJ or SW.

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I am enjoying the Hwarang so many different personalities to choose from and each one unique. 

I agree! Loving all the characters but I wanna highlight the main 3 for now:

- A-ro is such an lovable character. She's feisty, strong, and smart. She isnt like the typical cookie cutter shallow girls from the tavern. I don't blame the guys for falling for her so hard and so fast! 

- i am digging the whole faceless king plotline. I feel for him bc you can really feel the hurt and frustration whenever anyone criticizes the king. I really hope the writers provide a really good character development for SMJ. I can't wait to see him own that throne and to prove that it is rightfully his. (I've learned to be wary and only hope for the best when it comes to these things after Moon Lovers got butchered near the end..Sorry for bringing it up, just a bit bitter about it still lol)

- Sun Woo's devotion to his lost brother and friend :( his determination to keep his promise of protecting A-ro is definitely worth noting. I also can't wait to see him grow into the leader he's meant to be

Annyeong everyone :)

I watched live last night but unable to recap, sorry for that. Will try to do that next week but anyhow we already have some great chingu doing the recaps right?

I must say I'm becoming a fan of Park Hyung Sik in this drama. I know him since ZEA days but never get interested in him at all even after all his previous dramas. But Hwarang makes me a fan, can't help liking him as the faceless King. The more I watch this drama, I beginning to like Aro for the King. But then the OTP is SW and Aro......

Omo omo omo eotteoke the ending scene....the Queen has ordered Ah Ro to be killed!!! I wonder who can rescue her...I think it would be the King. I hope he gets the news fast in order for him to stop the order in time. Anyway I know Ah Ro won't die so soon since she's one of the main leads B)

Guest aoikarin

Hello! my first comment on this thread :)

BAN RYU!!! Do Ji Han played his character so well!! I always smile whenever Ban Ryu's scene come out since episode 1. and now I'm watching him in episode 8, I'm melted by his charm. How can I hate Ban Ryu with beautiful charming face of Do Ji Han stuck on BR's.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPG6mXbADyz/?taken-by=do_ji_han

Talking about romance section, now it's like watching reply series again but in silla era. LOL. Again, PSJ with his fake brother-sibling love relation, and Go Ara with her "I only love my borther's bestie who is just like my own brother". However I LOVE IT! Me no complaint.. and looking forward their push pull relationship and tackling with the distraction from 2nds leads Dwi Jwi and his Fiancee sister. Bring it on SHOW!

Overall, I love all the characters in Hwarang... even the villains and the supporting actors. Hwarang Fighting!!

13 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

Giving some praise to PARK SEO JOON since everyone is choosing to fawn all over PHS. I came to this drama for him and I am still continuing this drama for him.  Love him and I think he is doing great!!!!

Haha, yes Park Seo Joon is doing such an amazing job as well and his visuals are just too great in the drama! :blush: I first saw him in Kill Me Heal Me and he did a great job playing such a sweet brother~ This is my first drama watching him after KMHM and he's the main lead in the drama too. Although I don't say it alot, but I also praise and appreciate him as well ^^.

I feel like I'm the one that started the whole falling over Park Hyung Sik trend :sweatingbullets: Since I really like Park Hyung Sik...but I also like watching Minho and watching him always trying to fight Ban Ryu because he's just such a sweetheart in real life. And the soccer scene of him trying to beat Ban Ryu just left me cracking up because he's extremely competitive in real life and hates losing xD

2 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I am enjoying the Hwarang so many different personalities to choose from and each one unique.  I don't always understand the Chief but I do agree with his methods like in punishing them he does it in a group which in time only makes them depend on one another, look out for one another and draws them closer when their not even aware of it themselves learning to work as a team instead of single mindedness and most of them needed that for sure.  As far as the shower scenes:w00t:enough said LOL!!!  I did enjoy the dance practice and them each finding their own rhythm...

Gah it's just perfect :wub: I'm loving the whole Bromance between the boys in Hwarang and like you said, I enjoy the different characters with different personalities as well. They all have different personality and is unique but they're coming together to become Hwarang, which means they have to work together and back each other up. I can't wait for more bromance between all the Hwarang as the drama progresses~

AR now knows that MM is not SW. I like that they didn't drag the issue for another episode. I think episode 9 is where the love triangle begins. I can't wait for it! :blush:

On another note, i don't understand the queen, i thought she is just being over protective but now i seriously don't know how to describe her.:dissapointed:

Hullo Soompians, 

only 7 or 8 episodes and 48 pages already. All the good looking young men and all with attitudes certainly make a good lively thread.  The rating is not very high which means that is more popular with non-korean sites? 

Anyway, does anyone have any background on MM/SW? I am going to bet that he is some long  lost prince, maybe the King's half brother or milad. KDrama just does not make a king as good looking and sensitive as this one to lose to a lowly street person.

30 minutes ago, maribella said:

Hullo Soompians, 

only 7 or 8 episodes and 48 pages already. All the good looking young men and all with attitudes certainly make a good lively thread.  The rating is not very high which means that is more popular with non-korean sites? 

Anyway, does anyone have any background on MM/SW? I am going to bet that he is some long  lost prince, maybe the King's half brother or milad. KDrama just does not make a king as good looking and sensitive as this one to lose to a lowly street person.

Some comments on dramabeans said they suspect he's crown prince wolgwang of gaya, the kingdom that's acquired by shilla, aparently there's a gaya musician named ureuk = wooreuk too in real korean history, I just know this, interesting theory

2 hours ago, dani4lane said:

Giving some praise to PARK SEO JOON since everyone is choosing to fawn all over PHS. I came to this drama for him and I am still continuing this drama for him.  Love him and I think he is doing great!!!!

I feel the same way too. I think there is too much hype over PHS. I also started watching this drama for PSJ and still because of him. He is such a talented actor and he needs more recognition and love.

I'm giving credit to Park Seo Jun......he's doing a great job, and he looks stunning too. And I've been following PSJ project, maybe not all but i love him in KMHM and SWP.

But really can't help to fall hard for Park Hyung Sik, he's so damned georgeous with the hanbok outfit. The king character suit him well. 

Actually all six boys is attractive in their own way. Everybody has their own charm. 

And as for the lady, it would fun if the princess is join forces with A Ro and Seo Yeon hahaha. 

10 hours ago, zagigirl said:

O.K...she got it...i'm glad....it was hard today to watch them...and will be next time but i like she knows....what if i won't have you as a brother?...wonder what MM will answer to her...sorry for the chrysanthemums ...wonder will she pick them up later anyway

King is trying so hard... but to bad ...she already gave her heart away and seems won't get it back 

Wonder who'll save AR from queen king or MM...queen will never learn :rolleyes:...if i were AR's father might as well let her be poisoned to death :vicx:

It was good SH doesn't remember clearly what happend...when he does he''ll calm down a bit

BR was so cute when he put girl's letter into his robe :wub:...i bet when this 2 finally meet again both will be so confused and funny :wub:

Can't wait for hwarangs dance :)...will be cute...and i bet BR won't betray his hwarangs

MM seems like with 2 left feet :lol:

Seems we'll get a shower scene in every episode...me like :blush:

Best line...girls having a drink...i like my brother...i like your brother too :lol:

I thought I saw the answer to your question from "The Behind Story of Hwarang".

I agree the rating is not that high.. Maybe because the Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, which have the same timeslot, is more popular in Korea. The highest rating of Hwarang is when the RDTK pre-empted its one episode.. Too bad because I really like Hwarang, the cast and its story. Hope the rating will soon rise since RDTK will end soon

I finally caught up with episode 7 and 8 and this forum. I have to say totally fangirling and falling in love with Park Hyung Sik. :love: He is too good playing his character! Perfection! :blush:

I totally love the scenes where AhRo wasn't happy with the stuff in her room and Sam Maek Jong yelled at his person. Lol! Also the small dancing scene of all the Hwarang boys! :grin: They are just too cute! 

I can't wait for next week's episode. It seems like AhRo will find out that Sam Maek Jong is the king! :scream:

Archived