[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

episode 9 preview with english sub

I'm just wondering, what if Maek Jong's identity get revieled by episode 9 to Ah Ro for saving her from his mother?!! OMO that would be great!! that way she'll know the truth of our two boys with no left missunderstanding!! but I'll feel sorry for her as the truth is crushing on her with no much time in between!! 

3 hours ago, jannedrumsit said:

I don't care whoever Aro ends up with... As long as Sam Maek Jong and Sun Woo ends up together :wub: The bromance among the Hwarangs in this show is too good, it's funny when they are at each other's throats but I love it when they're getting along together. The only male-female pairing I care about is Ban-Ryu's and Seo Yoon. 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want my OTP to be together but I want my bromance too!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

its always nice to see really positive comments on hwarang, the show really goes from strength to strength each episode and that's always a good thing. i love that comment about a sitcom, it has a great mix of quirky distinct characters and is hilarious to watch. the best way to describe this show is that it has no chill lol, i mean that in a good way. and what's more interesting is that its the older crowd watching the show mainly older women but looks like more guys are starting to watch from ep 8. that's pretty good. i suspect that's why hwarang is fighting well against its com when you consider other dramas that are and have gone up against rating juggernauts being in the 5% or under range, that jump  from 6.9 to 7.6 is telling. im wondering next Tuesday will their be a special since RDTK will end on monday with ep 20. which might be a good thing for hwarang, heres hoping.

yes I'm happy too and hope the drama keeps in gaining more followers!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

4 hours ago, Carmarie said:

The guys attitudes towards each other are slowly changing and they are being comrades. Once the Hwarang become brothers, their parents are not going to have any control over them and they will be loyal to the king.  Becoming a Hwarang is the best move the king could have made.  Whether they know or not, he has them in his pocket already.  When it is revealed that he is the king, they will remember he acted as one of them, not above them.  If you want people to sign on to your project or follow you, they must believe that you have their best interest at heart, understand them and you are one of them.  In real life it is said that he was one of Silla's greatest kings.

I love their second assignment; have fun.  Their dancing was so funny, it lightened the mood and everyone seems to be trying hard to learn the dance steps and play the instruments.  Perhaps this week we all can relax and have fun and wait impatiently for next week.

true!! :) 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I couldn't believe he'd make dancing their 2nd assignment!! I was "he wants Sun Woo to fail again?!! but he won't be the only one as Ban Ryu is as bad as he is!!" well Sun Woo is worst but still!! :lol: but yes it's alot of fun to watch them practicing and they are getting closer to each other having fun together while working together like a team and helping each other to reach their goal: passing the assignment!! smart move!! :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carmarie said:

The guys attitudes towards each other are slowly changing and they are being comrades. Once the Hwarang become brothers, their parents are not going to have any control over them and they will be loyal to the king.  Becoming a Hwarang is the best move the king could have made.  Whether they know or not, he has them in his pocket already.  When it is revealed that he is the king, they will remember he acted as one of them, not above them.  If you want people to sign on to your project or follow you, they must believe that you have their best interest at heart, understand them and you are one of them.  In real life it is said that he was one of Silla's greatest kings.

I love their second assignment; have fun.  Their dancing was so funny, it lightened the mood and everyone seems to be trying hard to learn the dance steps and play the instruments.  Perhaps this week we all can relax and have fun and wait impatiently for next week.

I can believe that...from what we saw of young king here in drama...he is a bit spoiled...but he's not unfair, sneaky or that he looks down on others...when AR's brother was killed he showed guilt...another one i killed...he was sorry and ashame it  was coz of him...if he could of stop that he would but we see he's helpless against the queen so far..and he did join hwarangs using his own head...you r right it was his wise move

I like it too....the way all of them after hesitating at first embraced their assignment and started to give their best afterwds

Part of how will it look at festival was shown in clip @Yongzura posted earlier - BTS of Hwarang...if anyone doubt..or is impatient :wink:...i didn't find answer to my q yet btw

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm wondering who is Woo Reuk (Moo Myung's old man)!! I feel like he knows EVERYTHING that we don't know or anyone else around him knows of!! why would a famous musician like him live his life as a peasant out side of the capital to raise Moo Myung?!! and only now decided to come back to the capital and even enter the Hwarang where Moo Myung/Sun Woo is living right now?!! what was the reason for his sturtled reaction when he saw Ah Ro?!! it was more like he saw a ghost!! did he see her mother, in her, that she "looks like her" as the Queen mentioned before?!! he knows Abeoji and even the chief of Hwarang and raised Mak Moon as well!! are all these coincidence?!! No Way!! and he was the one who saved Sun Woo and Maek Jong from those gangsters not Maek Jong's bodyguard!! is he Moo Myung/Sun Woo's bodyguard or samething?!! 

this hat and beard belong to Woo Reuk not Maek Jong's bodyguard who have a wider beard and a hat with different material!! 

I need to know who is this man and who is Moo Myung?!! AJHUSSI TELL ME!! 

Your feeling is right...he knows everything...didn't he said to MM he's not a peasant?...he guarded MM just that man is guarding the king...his music skills seems to me as his hobby...seems he knew AR's mother as he knows all the others....maybe her mother was something to him

If he tells you will you whisper to me chingu? :wink:

29 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm just wondering, what if Maek Jong's identity get revieled by episode 9 to Ah Ro for saving her from his mother?!! OMO that would be great!! that way she'll know the truth of our two boys with no left missunderstanding!! but I'll feel sorry for her as the truth is crushing on her with no much time in between!! 

I think its time for that too...she'll survive, she's strong girl!

Now i'll go back to that clip...

25 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

I can believe that...from what we saw of young king here in drama...he is a bit spoiled...but he's not unfair, sneaky or that he looks down on others...when AR's brother was killed he showed guilt...another one i killed...he was sorry and ashame it  was coz of him...if he could of stop that he would but we see he's helpless against the queen so far..and he did join hwarangs using his own head...you r right it was his wise move

I like it too....the way all of them after hesitating at first embraced their assignment and started to give their best afterwds

Part of how will it look at festival was shown in clip @Yongzura posted earlier - BTS of Hwarang...if anyone doubt..or is impatient :wink:...i didn't find answer to my q yet btw

Your feeling is right...he knows everything...didn't he said to MM he's not a peasant?...he guarded MM just that man is guarding the king...his music skills seems to me as his hobby...seems he knew AR's mother as he knows all the others....maybe her mother was something to him

If he tells you will you whisper to me chingu? :wink:

I think its time for that too...she'll survive, she's strong girl!

Now i'll go back to that clip...

I will!! just let him tell me!! :crazy: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and I'll go backread to know your question and clip!! hihihi

found a new MV for Hyorin OST!! :wub:

50 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I will!! just let him tell me!! :crazy: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and I'll go backread to know your question and clip!! hihihi

:lol:...what is he waiting?...evil old man :)

Well...go ..not that we don't have a time...monday seems so far away :sweatingbullets:

I couldn't watch it earlier coz i was at work and WLFKBJ had it final ep...but will watch it now...just to take a quick look at last ep :blush:

EDIT: i found my answer...tnx to my swag fairy chingu @Yongzura kiss.gif

23 hours ago, zagigirl said:

King is trying so hard... but to bad ...she already gave her heart away and seems won't get it back 

I am just wondering if her reaction would change if she knew he was the King?  Would she be flattered that he liked her and gave her expensive gifts to try to win her heart? 

I am not looking for a discussion, just a thought that made me go mmm.

19 hours ago, q4q4 said:

So sorry if this BTS had already been posted but I thought it was sweet how PHS looked so concerned after the force kiss scene.. he was even stroking Go Ara's hair as if it apologize for it.. :(

Also - I totally regret underestimating this drama. I didn't like the posters and the trailer but then I started seeing clips of it all over social media and decided to give it a try. So glad I did :)

thank you for sharing it chingu!! :wub: 

that's why I'm so happy that didn't give up on the drama!! hihihi the worst poster was the flowery one for me!! I was "WHY SO LITTERAL?!!" :scream: I remember hating some posters and liking some others: Park Seo Joon had one miss poster than they gave me a new one and I was happy :wub: Park Hyung Shik was good in all of them and Choi Min Ho's was good too!! :D and I kept my promise to watch as long as they give me a good acting and story and saw a teaser of Park Seo Joon and I loved his intensity so I disided to stick to the drama if they give me a good acting and story stoped watching any further promotion materials till the special episode and it was GREAT and then the drama made me more than happy when it started!! :wub: 

15 hours ago, shamelessmiss said:

AR now knows that MM is not SW. I like that they didn't drag the issue for another episode. I think episode 9 is where the love triangle begins. I can't wait for it! :blush:

On another note, i don't understand the queen, i thought she is just being over protective but now i seriously don't know how to describe her.:dissapointed:

she's been out of her mind for a long time now!! *shrug*

16 hours ago, aoikarin said:

Hello! my first comment on this thread :)

BAN RYU!!! Do Ji Han played his character so well!! I always smile whenever Ban Ryu's scene come out since episode 1. and now I'm watching him in episode 8, I'm melted by his charm. How can I hate Ban Ryu with beautiful charming face of Do Ji Han stuck on BR's.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPG6mXbADyz/?taken-by=do_ji_han

Talking about romance section, now it's like watching reply series again but in silla era. LOL. Again, PSJ with his fake brother-sibling love relation, and Go Ara with her "I only love my borther's bestie who is just like my own brother". However I LOVE IT! Me no complaint.. and looking forward their push pull relationship and tackling with the distraction from 2nds leads Dwi Jwi and his Fiancee sister. Bring it on SHOW!

Overall, I love all the characters in Hwarang... even the villains and the supporting actors. Hwarang Fighting!!

hi chingu!! I know it's late but welcome to Hwarang thread and happy you joined us here!! :D

yes!! this is my 1st time seeing the actor but he's doing a great job with his role!! I didn't hate Ban Ryu but I got mad at him whenever he maltreated Sun Woo but I knew that will change and it's starting now!! I didn't knew he can be so adorable when he smiles!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh good thing that phase will end now and we'll start a new phase!! ;) though we will have heartbreaks at the start!! :( and hope the princess won't be as mad as her mother!! :blink:

Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

16 hours ago, dani4lane said:

Giving some praise to PARK SEO JOON since everyone is choosing to fawn all over PHS. I came to this drama for him and I am still continuing this drama for him.  Love him and I think he is doing great!!!!

we all agree with that chingu!! he's doing a really great job in here!! :heart: 

18 hours ago, aileens said:

Hi....hi....cingudeul.....:waving:

I'm not going to discuss whether the kiss is proper or improper action. I'll just leave it and enjoy it as the part of the flowing story. Beside, Aro doesn't seem to bother much about the kiss. She is indeed a modern girl stay in shilla. 

I love it all. Especially this episode when Ban Ryu is getting softer, no hatefull and wicked aura reflected from his face.....and he looked so handsome now bwahahahaha.  I hope he'll stay loyal to his Hwarang friends and neglect the evil stepfather request.

yes he is!! :wub: and I believe he will chose his roommates' side over his step phather's!! he's a good man dispite his arrogance and cold facade!! I can trust him!! :) 

And the shower scene.....OMG....kamduknim.....jinja....you're really spoilled us. Are you going to give us a shower scene each episode? Not that I mind it, hahaha....you could make us die of heart attack by seeing those naked bodies. Die out of happiness. 

Call me shallow but i do enjoy it all. 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not only chingu!! :blush: 

Waiting for the dance in the next ep, when all the idol are dancing, with an awkward park seo jun. And I'm not worried at all about Aro being kidnapped. Because this drama still has a long way to go. Someone must rescue her either SMJ or SW.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hope he does well!! please don't embarrass me Sun Woo-ya!! I don't want to watch you through my fingers again!! :lol: 

yes!! and thinking about it though I want Sun Woo to save her ( I'm greedy :P) I think it will be Maek Jong who saves her as she's in the palace and no one can enter there but him also that will reveil his identity to her which is needed by now!! :D 

17 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone :)

I watched live last night but unable to recap, sorry for that. Will try to do that next week but anyhow we already have some great chingu doing the recaps right?

I must say I'm becoming a fan of Park Hyung Sik in this drama. I know him since ZEA days but never get interested in him at all even after all his previous dramas. But Hwarang makes me a fan, can't help liking him as the faceless King. The more I watch this drama, I beginning to like Aro for the King. But then the OTP is SW and Aro......

Omo omo omo eotteoke the ending scene....the Queen has ordered Ah Ro to be killed!!! I wonder who can rescue her...I think it would be the King. I hope he gets the news fast in order for him to stop the order in time. Anyway I know Ah Ro won't die so soon since she's one of the main leads B)

annyeong chingu!! :D thank you in advance for your help with the live recap!! :wub: 

yes he's doing a great job here but I'm happy that I'm more on Park Seo Joon/Sun Woo's side so my heart won't be cushed!! :D 

I think it would be Maek Jong since he's the only one who can enter the palace being the King and that can lead to his identity revielation to Ah Ro!! :D

18 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

So many things going on in these latest two episodes and I won't even try and touch them all but I will talk about the sadness I felt tonight watching AR slowly a little shocked, a little broken and a lot confused by her so called brothers words. It was as if for her time stopped and her heart broke.  As smart as she is his words still ringing in her mind.  How could he not know our mother was a mute?  Quickly she makes an excuse for him that doesn't even make sense to her as the words are coming out of her mouth. For the only thing she really wants to do is run get as far away as she can maybe even a part of her wanted to pretend she heard wrong.   As she walks off every step she takes you could almost feel and see the pain in her eyes.  Step by step as if her heart was breaking piece by piece...

I was crying at that scene!! it was palpable how much she wanted to keep the lie so she won't lose him weither as a brother or not!! she wanted him to just stay by her side but then she couldn't egnore her feelings and need to know the truth and faced him at the end making me cry again when she told him "I like that you're my brother!!...(with broken voice)but you're not!! (angry)who are you?" :tears: 

I am enjoying the Hwarang so many different personalities to choose from and each one unique.  I don't always understand the Chief but I do agree with his methods like in punishing them he does it in a group which in time only makes them depend on one another, look out for one another and draws them closer when their not even aware of it themselves learning to work as a team instead of single mindedness and most of them needed that for sure.  As far as the shower scenes:w00t:enough said LOL!!!  I did enjoy the dance practice and them each finding their own rhythm...

yes I love all of them though I love Sun Woo the most!! :wub: they are different and are bringing different things out of each other!! :wub: and though the chief is leaving me with "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN?!!" I still agree with his teaching methodes and they are paying off as we can see!! :D 

Who would have dreamed that BR having his bootie touched, being slapped and then a soft hand caressing his cheek by a beautiful girl (SY) would not just melt his heart but break down the wall he surrounded himself with.  I loved this part the most mainly because you could see the change taking place. Even after, tapping his foot being more kind offering a towel things he would have never done.  Almost a feeling that he was becoming less like a robot and more like a human.  One with feelings and who may in deed have been changed by love itself...

he's so adorable when he's allowing himself to be on his true nature with no walls!! :wub: 

48 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I am just wondering if her reaction would change if she knew he was the King?  Would she be flattered that he liked her and gave her expensive gifts to try to win her heart? 

For me AR is simple and nonmaterialistic girl...things or power r irrelevant to her...romantically don't think will make any changes to her fact he's the king..she just might be nicer to him since she does pitty him

MM made a better choice with flowers..just the timing was wrong

27 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

don't think so!! she's not interested because he didn't move her heart with those gestures!! she doesn't need expensive gifts to be flattered nor the realisation of who he really is would!! Sun Woo didn't give her any expensive gifts but she's moved by his earnest concern for her and protectiveness!! 

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

:lol:...what is he waiting?...evil old man :)

Well...go ..not that we don't have a time...monday seems so far away :sweatingbullets:

I couldn't watch it earlier coz i was at work and WLFKBJ had it final ep...but will watch it now...just to take a quick look at last ep :blush:

EDIT: i found my answer...tnx to my swag fairy chingu @Yongzura kiss.gif

right!! :rolleyes: hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we have a long time till monday!!  *sigh*

yes my other drama ended!! :( 

2 hours ago, papulichan said:

At a time when the Kingdom of Silla is going through a revolutionary breakthrough of sorts with the inception of  an elite Hwarang crammed with several secrets and political vengeance plots are concocted to overthrow the Queen........  And,here I am wondering why can't the damn camera pan towards the front view  in the shower scene... HAHAHA...Wae front angle opsoyo ??? ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif

12044185842.gif  12044185842.gif  

I'm liking the space of the episodes as of now. We know that in the end, the Hwarang will be certainly established in full force with the King  (when SMJ he eventually takes the throne officially) appointing his cabinet ministers and military general from the very core of his Hwarang classmates/friends. Till then, I shall be absolutely enjoying the nuances of the plot, the heartbreaks, the first and last loves, bromance, birth secrets and the whole shenanigans of Silla along with the hilarious 'Sword Dance of the West' ..:phew:

devil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gifdevil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't be greedy chingu!! :lol: 

I can't wait for what's wating for us romance and bromance alike!! :w00t: 

14 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Some comments on dramabeans said they suspect he's crown prince wolgwang of gaya, the kingdom that's acquired by shilla, aparently there's a gaya musician named ureuk = wooreuk too in real korean history, I just know this, interesting theory

if I just can make that man spill the beans because I'm really losing my mind with all the theories!! :crazy:

15 hours ago, maribella said:

Hullo Soompians, 

only 7 or 8 episodes and 48 pages already. All the good looking young men and all with attitudes certainly make a good lively thread.  The rating is not very high which means that is more popular with non-korean sites? 

Anyway, does anyone have any background on MM/SW? I am going to bet that he is some long  lost prince, maybe the King's half brother or milad. KDrama just does not make a king as good looking and sensitive as this one to lose to a lowly street person.

hi chingu!! welcome to Hwarang thread glad you joined us here!! :D 

well there is another drama that started before our drama and eaned many fans for itself but our drama is doing well knowing it's competitive drama!! :)

I believe he's a royalty that's for sure, at least for me!! 

12 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I finally caught up with episode 7 and 8 and this forum. I have to say totally fangirling and falling in love with Park Hyung Sik. :love: He is too good playing his character! Perfection! :blush:

I totally love the scenes where AhRo wasn't happy with the stuff in her room and Sam Maek Jong yelled at his person. Lol! Also the small dancing scene of all the Hwarang boys! :grin: They are just too cute! 

I can't wait for next week's episode. It seems like AhRo will find out that Sam Maek Jong is the king! :scream:

welcome to Hwarang thread, happy you joined us here and you're enjoying the drama like we do!! :D 

Ah Ro is like me "WHY WASTE MONEY ON SUCH USLESS THINGS?!!" hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yes it can be!! :open_mouth:

8 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Watching episode 8. I hope Sun Woo will not go crazy after knowing SMJ is the King, and getting manipulated by Master Young Shil. I am so worry he will go down this path.

I love this scene! Like bickering father and son. Sam Maek Jong talking about Pa Oh not understanding woman, but he is the same too!

Aro and now, Sun Woo ignores SMJ too. SMJ cursing like an ahjussi.

I believe he won't!! Sun Woo will go after his revenge his way!! he's the kind of a person to face things head on with no sneeking and hidden plans!! 

hhhhhhhhhhh yes I love their dynamic!! Maek Jong is all big talk when he's no better than him!! :lol: 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so funny!! :lol: "I'm not someone to be egnored!!" but no one knows that you know!! :lol: 

8 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

Ep 7

Naver - Herald Pop: 'Hwarang', Go Ara senses that Park Seo Joon is not her real brother

Spoiler

1. [+1,712, -59] The ending gave me goosebumps.. Feels like he's gonna get caught ㅠㅠ Ban Ryu's so funny today ㅋㅋㅋㅋHe seems like a nice person deep down, he will end up with Soo Ho's dongsaeng! Park Hyung Shik is love ♡♡

2. [+1,424, -60] Park Seo Joon ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

3. [+1,168, -40] I worry about waiting until tomorrow but I don't know how I can handle the 6-day wait

4. [+1,113, -31] Hwarang keeps getting better in every episode, I'm eager to see how the story will play out ❤

5. [+347, -9] Daebak, the mom couldn't sing lullabies because she's mute

6. [+319, -20] Everyone's shipping her with Sam Maek Jong but I like Moomyung although he's eventually going to be exposedㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+266, -10] Rooting for Seon Woo/Ji Dwi, Soo Ho/Ban Ryu, Yeo Wool/Han Sung

Nate - tv Report: 'Hwarang', Park Hyung Shik♥ Go Ara, first kiss... gets into a fist fight with Park Seo Joon 

1. [+111, -6] Shipping these two. Can't wait to see Ban Ryu get nicer, I hope he ends up with Soo Ho's dongsaeng ㅋㅋ

2. [+105, -9] Drama that made me into a Park Hyung Shik fan!

3. [+103, -11] Why is Sam Maek Jong the second lead? ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+25, -1] Didn't realize Park Hyung Shik was so hot ㅋ His acting got so much better ㅋ

5. [+22, 0] It feels like Park Hyung Shik is the male lead. This is first drama I'm seeing him in and his character is charming

6. [+21, -2] Best drama of the Monday/Tuesday bunch~~~!!

Ep 8

Naver - Xports: 'Hwarang', Go Ara finds out that Park Seo Joon is not her real brother

Spoiler

1. [+1,438, -47] Park Seo Joon's really cool

2. [+1,084, -33] Made my heart flutter when he gave her the flowers nonchalantly ㅜㅜ♡♡

3. [+890, -43] Crazy.. I love it. Is this the official start of their romance?

4. [+650, -33] Hul daebak ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+360, -12] I got a feeling that Seon Woo is a descendant of the Gaya royal family... Considering that he was secretly raised by Woo Reuk who represents Gaya, it might be revealed later on that he's connected to Kim Yun Shin since everyone is fictional except Sam Maek Jong.. The story's so good knowing that it's from the writer of 'Daejoyoung'... The ratings will go up when Romantic Doctor ends ㅎㅎㅎ

6. [+280, -9] Ah tt's freaking cute seeing the Hwarangs dance ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope they stay in good terms as they are now

7. [+273, -14] Park Seo Joon is a Gaya prince

8. [+229, -3] Hwarang is funnier than a sitcom ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Today's episode is better than yesterday's

Naver - Mydaily: "I picked it up on my way"... 'Hwarang', Park Hyung Shik's tsundere love for Go Ara

Spoiler

1. [+754, -25] I'm now a fan of Park Hyung Shik. This damn second lead syndrome

2. [+576, -15] The male leads are making me insane ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜPark Hyung Shik is cute, Park Seo Joon is cool

3. [+553, -31] The drama is pre-produced, Aro will end up with Seon Woo but I'm still shipping her with Sam Maek Jong

4. [+565, -45] I don't dislike Park Seo Joon but Park Hyung Shik is bursting with charms in this drama ㅎㅎ

5. [+174, -4] Park Hyung Shik breathes life into the character. The emotions in his eyes and his tone make me immersed into him even more. He suits the long hair too. I love Hwarang, why are the ratings so low? ㅜㅜ He's completely different when he's with either Ji So or PaOㅋㅋㅋ

cr http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.sg/

thank you so much for sharing!! :wub: I'm always happy to see more positive comments about our drama and cast!! :wub: 

9 hours ago, zagigirl said:

You know...i was thinking that after queen captures AR king might give up on her to keep her save and marry that princess after all...i know he'll be brokenhearted but would be mature thing to do...AR isn't interested romantically in him anyway

We didn't see all of queen and AR's father past yet...she did leave him, he got married, she changed her heart and wanted him back, he didn't want to, she got his wife and son out of capital...but why did she left him in the first place is still unknown...might be from selfish reasons but its not sure yet

It is strange right? But this is not only drama with such a destiny...even RD with such high raitings isn't that lively that could be...that r for some dramas with much less quality...well...as you said...we r here and we like it :)

ahhh that would be too bad!! I don't want him to do it for that!! if he'd ever accept it it better be because he see it as the right thing and best thing for the kingdome!! it will still sucks but that's better, for me at least!! 

don't know but I know that I had a new reason to roll my eyes at her obsession over him!! :rolleyes: 

yes we do!! :heart: 

10 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

i definitely love that the show has a balanced focus on all the hwarang members as well as the friendship and romance. i particularly have to highlight aro and sooyeons friendship, its so cute and its great to see good female friendships in a drama. we also got some insight into how they became friends, and wow its been 12 years. shout out to lee da in, ive never seen her before but she is doing a very good job. im anticipating the princess in the next ep, i wonder how her personality will be, is it kinda of going to be more stern and obedient, or more free spirited, it will be interesting whether or not at the then end the king and her actually do marry for real and fall in love despite being in love with other people and how their dynamic will be, cause i assume they will obviously meet and have interactions. also looking forward to seeing whether ban ryu and sooyeon meet at the festival, how will this meeting go, will it be awkward, cute, etc and whether or not he will go through with sabotaging the performance. will he stop himself or someone else will intentionally or not and what will be the aftermath of whatever way he ends up going. im glad aro knows that he isnt her brother, now we can kick of the romance.

special mention to do ji han, i never saw him before till this drama but im already a fan of his, he is a really good actor and has really good screen presence, im glad he is also getting lots of love and he was such a treat to watch this ep, his starting to get comfortable around the boys and actually enjoying himself but poor him, im sure things are only gonna get harder when loyalty to his friends vs fathers will be tested as well as to love. we all know his step father has a lot of power and what he is capable of, so im scared for him,for the boys and sooyeon since she is outside and not in the hwarang house.

interesting aro's father didnt tell the queen about her being poisoned, but i suppose she messed up his life and this is karma. and im wondering how aro and sun woo's dynamic will change, its starting to get more compicated, reltationships, emotions, politics.  cant wait for next week

I hope she's a nice person not obsessed like her mother and it would be great if she and Maek Jong end up loving each other eventually, it would sucks if they kept thinking and loving Ah Ro and Sun Woo while being married!! :(

I believe Ban Ryu won't betray his roommates!! and I'm waiting for his meeting with Soo Yeon too!! I can see him being cutely awkward aroung her!! :wub::lol: 

I hope he will stop that!! I know she deserves death but I don't want him to do it that way!! those people are no better than her and as a doctor he shouldn't do this!! Abeojiiiiiiiiii!! :( 

11 hours ago, princess16 said:

Very cute song!!!!!

thank you for the MV chingu!! :wub:

Why don't we people just love this drama because we watch it together. Why should make a heated discussion just because we love certain character, and why we should angry about other preference? 

It's a free world, each people have their own preference. We can love Park Hyung Sik, we can love Park Seo Jun and we can love Minho and others is up to ourself. We can't force our choice to other. 

Let's enjoy this drama together. Give love to all the cast and crew.....some of us maybe has their own bias but it's okay, it's doesn't hurt you anyway.

episode 7 scene posters!! :wub: for some reason they didn't appear properly so I shared its links!! :D

Spoiler

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/150.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/150.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/230.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/320.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/415.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/510.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/69.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/78.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/86.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/94.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/105.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/1310.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/1410.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/155.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/165.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/175.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/183.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/193.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/203.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/2110.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/2210.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/234.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/244.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/253.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/263.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/273.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/283.jpg

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/wp-content/uploads/sites/44/2017/01/293.jpg

305.jpg?type=w1200

cr: MyLoveKBS

the scenes' posters I found on instagram!! :D :wub: 

cr: MyLoveKBS

23 hours ago, aileens said:

I love it all. Especially this episode when Ban Ryu is getting softer, no hatefull and wicked aura reflected from his face.....and he looked so handsome now bwahahahaha.  I hope he'll stay loyal to his Hwarang friends and neglect the evil stepfather request.

I could put my finger on it, he was so different, thank you. He doesn't have that hateful, aura. It's like he's becoming human. He's another handsome one, I can't believe his step father is wants him to sabotage the Hwarang's at the festival.  For the first time in this drama I feel bad for him. 

21 hours ago, ferily said:

I feel like I'm the one that started the whole falling over Park Hyung Sik trend :sweatingbullets: Since I really like Park Hyung Sik...but I also like watching Minho and watching him always trying to fight Ban Ryu because he's just such a sweetheart in real life. And the soccer scene of him trying to beat Ban Ryu just left me cracking up because he's extremely competitive in real life and hates losing xD

No your not the one who started anything. The whole point of Soompi threads is to give fan's of all the actors in a drama the place to spaz over them. I myself came because of Minho.

rhezufs.png?2                                                                  

Park Hyung Sik has played younger type roles in the dramas I've watched him in before this one. He has turned into one hot namja in Hwarangcrazy-monkey-emoticon-201.gif

16 hours ago, zagigirl said:

As for the queen..wouldn't be a difference even if she knew AR loves MM i think coz she's not the problem here...king is...he doesn't want  to let go of AR...and marry who his mother wants him to

The Queen wants to use her for leverage over him, AR is being used against the king. He's going to have to let go of his feelings for one way or another since she's falling for MM and the king is putting her danger.

6 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

thank you for sharing it chingu!! :wub: 

that's why I'm so happy that didn't give up on the drama!! hihihi the worst poster was the flowery one for me!! I was "WHY SO LITTERAL?!!" :scream: I remember hating some posters and liking some others: Park Seo Joon had one miss poster than they gave me a new one and I was happy :wub: Park Hyung Shik was good in all of them and Choi Min Ho's was good too!! :D and I kept my promise to watch as long as they give me a good acting and story and saw a teaser of Park Seo Joon and I loved his intensity so I disided to stick to the drama if they give me a good acting and story stoped watching any further promotion materials till the special episode and it was GREAT and then the drama made me more than happy when it started!! :wub: 

Bahaha YES! That flowery poster was THE WORST! It literally made me go "Ew no thanks." Thinking that they were gonna be bad actors but  I was surprised by how well everyone was acting right from the first episode! I totally regret judging a book by it's cover lol

I love the chemistry between all the main guys, it comes off very natural for them. The scene where Minho was giving SEO Joon advice about how to be a brother had me laughing so hard LOL he looked so serious when he was giving him advice and SJ looked so serious when he was taking mental notes as well hahaha I love Hyung Sik's reaction to hearing A-ro get angry about her new room renovation bahaha it was cute that he blamed his person for it! This drama just gets better and better plot wise and comedy wise. I can't wait to see whats in store for all of them 

The most information I want to know is who is Moo Myung

So can you share what is your prediction for fun?

I predict he is some one from the palace as well, maybe another son from previous king or general 

he might related to sam maek jong? some one who is also have a right to the throne?

What all of you think?

52 minutes ago, silvianage said:

The most information I want to know is who is Moo Myung

So can you share what is your prediction for fun?

I predict he is some one from the palace as well, maybe another son from previous king or general 

he might related to sam maek jong? some one who is also have a right to the throne?

What all of you think?

Chinguya, now that after Ep #8 , we do have some confirmation that MM/SW foster dad is possibly not a peasant but a man of high talent  and ranking( Woo reuk -the Master of Instruments), remember how the boys were fawning over his ability to play any musical instrument with precision especially the 'Gayageum'( which basically lay the foundation of traditional folk music) ...so, I Googled a bit and found this information

Also, it is been widely predicted that MM could be a royalty indeed and Woo reuk could be infact his protector ( the scene when he told An ji gong ( SW's abuji) how MM was the fated baby who should not been out in this world itself)... making MM could be possible royalty from the Gaya kingdom ( which was invaded by Silla , I think). So, if the drama does eventually take this route to his birth secret, MM could be related /similar or have lineage of either of these two men...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yu-sin OR   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Isabu.........

BUT, then this simply what I deduce and yet debatable.:)

I don't understand why people get angry over Hyungsik getting some love. If someone dislikes Sam Maek Jong, I will try to understand. Sam Maek Jong does has his flaws but he is an interesting character. I look forward to seeing his journey into becoming the wise King.

But I cannot understand the anger over an actor getting attention? Hyungsik doesn't have a lot of international fans as ZE:A isn't popular. He started off with roles without a single dialogue and only mere seconds appearance. He works his way up to land a second lead role and I am glad he is getting some attention. I won't say Hyungsik is a very good actor but he is decent and definitely does not warrant any hate.

Seo Joon is also getting a lot of love in Korea. According to the data from Gooddata Corporation, Hwarang was third most talked about drama after Goblin and The Legend of the Blue Sea and Seo Joon is the most talked about actor from Hwarang. 

Question Question!!

Help a girl out here plz....

where do i watch hwarang press conference v live (eng sub, of cuz) ! i've seen some clips on youtube

i'd like to enjoy the whole show! 

do let me know when i can watch it plz...thank you

17 hours ago, evie7 said:

The Queen wants to use her for leverage over him, AR is being used against the king. He's going to have to let go of his feelings for one way or another since she's falling for MM and the king is putting her danger.

Yeah...its unfair of the queen to use AR this way...but think king should of let go at some point anyway...and queen will make just another irreparable mistake  

17 hours ago, q4q4 said:

Bahaha YES! That flowery poster was THE WORST! It literally made me go "Ew no thanks." Thinking that they were gonna be bad actors but  I was surprised by how well everyone was acting right from the first episode! I totally regret judging a book by it's cover lol

Have to say that initial posters didn't attract me either...guys & the drama surprised me positively ...yeah, you r so right about book & cover thing  :)

15 hours ago, papulichan said:

Chinguya, now that after Ep #8 , we do have some confirmation that MM/SW foster dad is possibly not a peasant but a man of high talent  and ranking( Woo reuk -the Master of Instruments), remember how the boys were fawning over his ability to play any musical instrument with precision especially the 'Gayageum'( which basically lay the foundation of traditional folk music) ...so, I Googled a bit and found this information

Also, it is been widely predicted that MM could be a royalty indeed and Woo reuk could be infact his protector ( the scene when he told An ji gong ( SW's abuji) how MM was the fated baby who should not been out in this world itself)... making MM could be possible royalty from the Gaya kingdom ( which was invaded by Silla , I think). So, if the drama does eventually take this route to his birth secret, MM could be related /similar or have lineage of either of these two men...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yu-sin OR   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Isabu.........

BUT, then this simply what I deduce and yet debatable.:)

Very nice summary...tnx chingu :)

Subscribing to this debate...can't think yet its to early for me

13 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

I don't understand why people get angry over Hyungsik getting some love. If someone dislikes Sam Maek Jong, I will try to understand. Sam Maek Jong does has his flaws but he is an interesting character. I look forward to seeing his journey into becoming the wise King.

But I cannot understand the anger over an actor getting attention? Hyungsik doesn't have a lot of international fans as ZE:A isn't popular. He started off with roles without a single dialogue and only mere seconds appearance. He works his way up to land a second lead role and I am glad he is getting some attention. I won't say Hyungsik is a very good actor but he is decent and definitely does not warrant any hate.

Seo Joon is also getting a lot of love in Korea. According to the data from Gooddata Corporation, Hwarang was third most talked about drama after Goblin and The Legend of the Blue Sea and Seo Joon is the most talked about actor from Hwarang. 

Well..coz they love someone more?...and r not objective...i do understand but do not justify

All of us love some actor more than other...its ok to say i prefer him...but to sulk coz some other actor is getting more attention is childish

okay, lemme say that Banryu is getting one particular ahjumma (in this case, ME!) on his side after episode 8. As someone mentioned, he suddenly became a lot more human in this episode, and I love it. His genuine warm smile upon reading Sooyeon's second letter is locking my deal for him. I do hope the story gives him a significant character improvement because he has the potential to be among the best of hwarang.

For now, I wish the best for Banryu. He is in such a difficult position to begin with, and he may have to make difficult decisions over and over again in the future. I hope his roommates showed him the kind of attention and affection to him like they gave to Sun Woo. After all, he is one of them, whether they like it or not. Or in his case, whether HE likes it or not :rolleyes:

Oh I am soooo ready for more bromance! :love: .... and tuesday is sooooooo faaaaaar faaaaaaar awaaaaaaay..... :weary:

18 hours ago, dani4lane said:

I am going to stop coming here if I see one more post about PHS and Sam Maek Jong!!!! JUST STOP IT PLEASE. I am not even getting why people are gushing over him and quite frankly it's not even warranted. 

You're weird. This thread is for us to talk about everything related to this drama, and SMJ is part of the drama, we need to credit him. Everyone have different opinions, I personally think SMJ character is well written. People hyped over PHS because he portraits the character better than expected, thats all. It's doesn't meam other actor especially PSJ that you like more doesn't doing great. And PSJ has been acknowledged since his previous works that he is a good actor, so there's no surprise.
And you turn SMJ/PHS to total bad person for that force kiss scene, for PHS he only play the script. 

As for now a lot of viewers think SMJ character is better than SW that's why they fangirling over him. But we still have a lot of episodes to go, and the characters are growing, we might find more flaw on SMJ character and more perfection in SW character. We don't know, the viewers opinion might change because of this. If you like the drama and believe on the writer you don't need to worry. They rarely made first lead suffers more than second lead.
=============

Back to the drama. 
Banryu is getting nicer I love it, suho sister is so cute. I love them!!!! This my first time watching do jihan, he looks like someone familiar but I can't tell who. Hahaha.
We get a lot from ep 9 preview, I do think that the king identity will be exposed soon. I have been curious what is princess seokmyung character will be, so the queen want him to merry the king, hhhm.  Are seokmyung and moomyung related? Still can't tell who is SW real identity, but I have strong feeling he is a royal.
Since SW is getting caught I am looking forward how he will explain it to Ahro, with his awkwardness.

I see someone asking for the V live broadcast interview, I track back to quote but I can't find the post. I think that one is uploaded on KBS World YT channel already.

Because I am not really good at writing, I barely comment on this thread. But guys I enjoy every single review that you all write, thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

Archived