[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

I just finished watching ep 2 and for some reason I feel like Minho's character might become one of the antagonists at the end. What if he falls in love with the Queen?

5JhjUsX.gif

I still don't know if the queen is a good person or not but if she is someone evil and Minho's character falls for her, he will probably o anything for her. I might be completely wrong though. Hope the next eps will help me understand this drama little better.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, ferily said:

Haha yeah I was rewatching the preview and I was thinking how the preview can just be deceiving us thinking that Moo Myung is fighting Sam Maek Jong because he found out about his identity but he's just training or fighting him for some other reason. I know when he finds out though, Moo Myung will be upset :(

And yep! She said that in today's episode. I feel like Aro has more romantic feelings towards Maek Jong than Moo Myung though. Like I think as of right now, Aro only likes Moo Myung as a brother but for Maek Jong it might be a little different. Even if it's only a tiny tiny bit of feelings towards Maek Jong... Gah why is this drama pulling my heart :bawling:

I don't see Ahro having romantic feelings for Sam Maek Jong at all what I got those scenes was that she felt sympathetic for him because he seemed lonely. When he was asking her what it would take for her to look at him, I thought he looked pathetic as hell.  I don't ship Sam Maek Jong with Ahro at all. I think SMJ deserves to have someone that is going to give their whole heart to him and that's not Ahro. 

While I can't 100% vouch for Ah Ro's feelings, I'm more concerned with the way Maek Jong grabbed Ah Ro roughly during the kiss, not letting her push him away when she was feeling uncomfortable. If he's inclined to inflict this kind of pushy behavior onto her, I genuinely worry about what would happen if this was a real life relationship. This is a K-Drama however, and I know from years of watching dramas that it's likely that the scene was more romanticized than it would have been had it occurred in real life. 

I do see many of her actions toward him as sympathy as @dani4lane mentioned. Any girl will be shocked by a confession and it's natural for her to be affected when a good looking guy says he likes her. However, from the early episodes onward it had been quite clear to me that she feels a deep confusion over her relationship with her brother. We see Sun Woo making an effort to care for her as a brother. He obviously loves her but he's in no way considering a romance with her as he knows his boundaries very well. 

In the next episode preview we hear her inner turmoil as she expresses how she wishes he was her brother yet at the same time wasn't. I think it strongly suggests how she feels toward him is more than just familial love. When Sun Woo asks if Maek Jong is sincere about Ah Ro he doesn't seem to be wanting to fight. He genuinely seems like he would let them be together and was acting as a brother, not as a guy who wants to fight for her love. In other words, he's acting out of his desire to be a good brother to his sister. 

I still stand by my previous ship (Sun Woo x Ah Ro) and will stand on this ship till the very end. :)

Hiii again :) Hm, actually I think it's understandable that Sunwoo failed on the test. His answer was great but like Wi-Hwa said, he wanted the answer to be based on Tao Te Ching, but Sunwoo called it gibberish. So, yeah....

For the main OTP, don't you guys feel like it's Reply 1994 all over again? The female lead is pretty obvious at where her heart belongs to... though it's only 7 episodes. And like some of you said, her actions towards Sam Maek Jong is a sympathy. I think she saw his tears during the kiss, hence she stopped pushing him. The things is, I know Sunwoo is the main lead, but Sam Maek Jong's story interest me more... :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: (but i love both!!) 

Anyway, today we'll get to see the princess. Does it mean she's Sam Maek Jong's sister?

I am telling you.. we are so gonna get the love story of YW and V..

and I might even abandon HK's ship (which btw has only HK, lying, crying, laughing, being kingsly and just his handsome self)

And V isn't he 20.. god.. he is like a 5 yr old adorable son with an elder sister back home

@fragglerock Mon-tues, 10 pm KST

@shunklunk I really hope Choi mino and princess arc ( i mean if you like the mother, quite easily should fall for the daughter :P ) .. and plus i don't want him to die being loyal to lady regent..

Also, we have enough triangles and sad stories (YW-V won't happen ever, SW_AR_JW, BR sister issue with choi minho literally romeo juliet)

I don't want princess also falling for the male lead

16 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

correct me if wrong but,

queen is getting headaches..shudn't we take that a legit sign that SW is her kid ... halfbro to king

I noticed that too, It seems like the same symptoms that MM/SW has. Either he is related to her or we are being trolled big time. It seems the way they are showing him and the king but heads, the king listening to him and taking his pov to heart, that there is something that connects them.

14 hours ago, zagigirl said:

RD has only 2 eps more i think...so we'll see if raitings raise after it ends...r you watching RD?...It's really good though is medical one

I love both dramas...have a hard time to choose what to live stream...happy RD will end soon so i'll have no more problem like that on mon-tuesday :wink:..but the drama and main couple will stay with me 4 ever (kisses were sooo good too)

It really is a good drama, I have switched over to this thread but I like both too. I hope when the other go's off the air the ratings will go up. I know we don't do much for the ratings but it is important for the actors.

13 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhh good thing he didn't strangle her like Soo Ho showed him or that would have been a problem!! :lol: 

when Sun Woo asked Soo Ho if he's sure he's close to his sister I was "NO SHE HATES HIM!! DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!!"

I don't think she hates him even though if one of my brothers had tried that headlock w/me they would have gotten a swift kick.  Soo Ho needs to grow up a bit. I'm just scared for him w/this crush on the queen. She is going to use it against him. 

I watch Hwarang for Park Seo Joon and to get over Moon Lovers. But now my favourite character is Sam Maek Jong. Always be there to give even though he is always under appreciated by Aro. Notice how Aro never said a thank you to him despite saving her numerous time? Horse riding accident (okay, maybe she didn't notice), kidnap scene (she kicked Maek Jong and basically forgotten that he's the one fighting off bad guys while MM took her away), when the bad middle class guy tried to do something to her for spoiling his shirt? Sam Maek Jong has short coming in expressing his concern/emotion but to be totally ignored by Aro is just so sad.

For me i needed another period drama to get over Scarlet Heart, I watched it and went against my instincts on that and ended up exactly as bitterly disappointed as i thought i was going to be.  Moon Lovers I liked but i found the bromance drew me towards the drama rather than the romance which was a first, the beginning was funny, but then it took a serious turn all turned out well thou at the end....

So this drama is suprising me, i find the hidden prince/king in amongst the hwarang extremely irritating to be honest, all the rest of the personalities hwarang royalty whatever i like.  Throwing yourself at someone to the point of disregarding there interests what so ever and putting yours always first really irritates me....and im sorry to say but i hope he really gets hurt over it for his arrogance.

@Yongzura  Yeah sadly i was told 10 so waited till ten and ready to live stream to find it was the end....thats disappointing.  Now going to just have to wait for the raw episodes.

4 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

@Yongzura  Yeah sadly i was told 10 so waited till ten and ready to live stream to find it was the end....thats disappointing.  Now going to just have to wait for the raw episodes.

It did start at 10 KST :). (It's 9 in my part of the world)  It is okay, the raw will come out soon.

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I noticed that too, It seems like the same symptoms that MM/SW has. Either he is related to her or we are being trolled big time. It seems the way they are showing him and the king but heads, the king listening to him and taking his pov to heart, that there is something that connects them.

It really is a good drama, I have switched over to this thread but I like both too. I hope when the other go's off the air the ratings will go up. I know we don't do much for the ratings but it is important for the actors.

I don't think she hates him even though if one of my brothers had tried that headlock w/me they would have gotten a swift kick.  Soo Ho needs to grow up a bit. I'm just scared for him w/this crush on the queen. She is going to use it against him. 

they showed it today.. apparently she is being poisioned

26 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

For me i needed another period drama to get over Scarlet Heart, I watched it and went against my instincts on that and ended up exactly as bitterly disappointed as i thought i was going to be.  Moon Lovers I liked but i found the bromance drew me towards the drama rather than the romance which was a first, the beginning was funny, but then it took a serious turn all turned out well thou at the end....

So this drama is suprising me, i find the hidden prince/king in amongst the hwarang extremely irritating to be honest, all the rest of the personalities hwarang royalty whatever i like.  Throwing yourself at someone to the point of disregarding there interests what so ever and putting yours always first really irritates me....and im sorry to say but i hope he really gets hurt over it for his arrogance.

i told u 10 KST n  i live streamed it.. so not sure y u wud see the end of it

28 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I watch Hwarang for Park Seo Joon and to get over Moon Lovers. But now my favourite character is Sam Maek Jong. Always be there to give even though he is always under appreciated by Aro. Notice how Aro never said a thank you to him despite saving her numerous time? Horse riding accident (okay, maybe she didn't notice), kidnap scene (she kicked Maek Jong and basically forgotten that he's the one fighting off bad guys while MM took her away), when the bad middle class guy tried to do something to her for spoiling his shirt? Sam Maek Jong has short coming in expressing his concern/emotion but to be totally ignored by Aro is just so sad.

+10000000

its akin to.. a decently popular girl knowing a guy likes her and he is actually a good prospect but then she completely ignores him because its nature to go after sthg u cant have...

and now she s preoccupied with her brother..

gud thing is bro is caring s wen truth comesout, will be in favor of heroine . to choose whichevr guy she wants because 2 wonderful folks like her

Why Sam Maek Jong become more handsome as the drama goes on?? Haha I like MM too but I felt more for Sam Maek Jong but poor him Aro didn't even look at him in the eye as her lover. The Bromance is fun to watch I especially like Su Ho & Banryu bromance. & The story keep getting more interesting;)

Archived