[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

4 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

I don't understand why people get angry over Hyungsik getting some love. If someone dislikes Sam Maek Jong, I will try to understand. Sam Maek Jong does has his flaws but he is an interesting character. I look forward to seeing his journey into becoming the wise King.

But I cannot understand the anger over an actor getting attention? Hyungsik doesn't have a lot of international fans as ZE:A isn't popular. He started off with roles without a single dialogue and only mere seconds appearance. He works his way up to land a second lead role and I am glad he is getting some attention. I won't say Hyungsik is a very good actor but he is decent and definitely does not warrant any hate.

Seo Joon is also getting a lot of love in Korea. According to the data from Gooddata Corporation, Hwarang was third most talked about drama after Goblin and The Legend of the Blue Sea and Seo Joon is the most talked about actor from Hwarang. 

i agree, hyungsik is still improving as an actor but he has come a long way for people to actually praise him and be positive about him. i became his fan from high society, he has a lot of charisma and screen presence. but i also love park seo joon who i became a fan of in kill me heal me and even more so in she was pretty, very talented actor. but both actors are working hard.

@bold, thats good to know, both for PSJ and for the drama.  thnx for that little update, makes me happy.:)

also i would like to share this, 

‘Hwarang’ beats ‘Goblin,’ ‘Legend of the Blue Sea’ in latest TV popularity chart

http://en.yibada.com/articles/183508/20170105/hwarang-goblin-legend-of-the-blue-sea-kbs-tvn.htm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

I don't understand why people get angry over Hyungsik getting some love. If someone dislikes Sam Maek Jong, I will try to understand. Sam Maek Jong does has his flaws but he is an interesting character. I look forward to seeing his journey into becoming the wise King.

But I cannot understand the anger over an actor getting attention? Hyungsik doesn't have a lot of international fans as ZE:A isn't popular. He started off with roles without a single dialogue and only mere seconds appearance. He works his way up to land a second lead role and I am glad he is getting some attention. I won't say Hyungsik is a very good actor but he is decent and definitely does not warrant any hate.

Seo Joon is also getting a lot of love in Korea. According to the data from Gooddata Corporation, Hwarang was third most talked about drama after Goblin and The Legend of the Blue Sea and Seo Joon is the most talked about actor from Hwarang. 

Yeah, I like both PSJ and PHS (I know ZE:A from their mazeltov era lol), and I ship the main couple, but there are some people who seems to be hating him because all the attention he got from this drama (and they said his character sucks), it's just so sad, but at the same time the love he gets is also immense so yeah... you gain tons of fans, but you're also exposed to some haters I guess, it's the cost of being known and popular... maybe...? :sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, papulichan said:

Chinguya, now that after Ep #8 , we do have some confirmation that MM/SW foster dad is possibly not a peasant but a man of high talent  and ranking( Woo reuk -the Master of Instruments), remember how the boys were fawning over his ability to play any musical instrument with precision especially the 'Gayageum'( which basically lay the foundation of traditional folk music) ...so, I Googled a bit and found this information

Also, it is been widely predicted that MM could be a royalty indeed and Woo reuk could be infact his protector ( the scene when he told An ji gong ( SW's abuji) how MM was the fated baby who should not been out in this world itself)... making MM could be possible royalty from the Gaya kingdom ( which was invaded by Silla , I think). So, if the drama does eventually take this route to his birth secret, MM could be related /similar or have lineage of either of these two men...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yu-sin OR   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Isabu.........

BUT, then this simply what I deduce and yet debatable.:)

This theory is the strongest theory it seems, I think there are big chance that this is his birth secret, Ureuk being a musician and exist in real history is a big clue already

34 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

While Sam Maek Jong is not my favorite character, I just feel that SMJ shouldn't be the only one character in Hwarang that gets the most focus in this thread. I also think that more praise should be for Go Ara, Lee Da In, Park Seo Joon, Do Ji Han, Kim Ji Soo, etc. So please if it's possible maybe you can take a minute or two away from swooning over how PHS looks in a habok to focus on the other characters/actors/actresses that are doing a fantastic job in Hwarang. 

Why did you talk about SMJ too much ? You can talk and focus on the other characters instead of complaining about SMJ.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:19 AM, sakura2016 said:

I need to know who is this man and who is Moo Myung?!! AJHUSSI TELL ME!! 

Girl, I am dying to know who that Ahjussi really is and Moo Myung's identity. Like his identity is such a huge mystery and we KNOW that there is some birth secret about him...!!!!!

On 1/11/2017 at 1:19 AM, turtle0217 said:

I finally caught up with episode 7 and 8 and this forum. I have to say totally fangirling and falling in love with Park Hyung Sik. :love: He is too good playing his character! Perfection! :blush:

I totally love the scenes where AhRo wasn't happy with the stuff in her room and Sam Maek Jong yelled at his person. Lol! Also the small dancing scene of all the Hwarang boys! :grin: They are just too cute! 

I can't wait for next week's episode. It seems like AhRo will find out that Sam Maek Jong is the king! :scream:

Haha, don't worry I'm fangirling over Park Hyung Sik as well. But I'm starting to draw away from my second lead syndrome and shipping Aro and Moo Myung more. That scene of then near the river was so adorable and how Moo Myung acted with her :blush:

On 1/11/2017 at 9:13 AM, dani4lane said:

I am going to stop coming here if I see one more post about PHS and Sam Maek Jong!!!! JUST STOP IT PLEASE. I am not even getting why people are gushing over him and quite frankly it's not even warranted. 

Everyone has different opinions and preference and can talk about who they like and prefer. Just as @sakura2016 said, everybody has the right to talk about who they like. Nobody is disrespecting anybody in this thread and there are people who like Park Seo Joon and other actors as well. No need to get all upset about this. If you don't want to see anymore posts about Park Hyungsik or Sam Maek Jong, then you could always leave the thread but no need to start an argument among everyone :x PHS is one of the main leads in the drama along with Park Seo joon and Go Ara so of course all the attention is going to be drawn towards them.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, bila_a1 said:

its always nice to see really positive comments on hwarang, the show really goes from strength to strength each episode and that's always a good thing. i love that comment about a sitcom, it has a great mix of quirky distinct characters and is hilarious to watch. the best way to describe this show is that it has no chill lol, i mean that in a good way. and what's more interesting is that its the older crowd watching the show mainly older women but looks like more guys are starting to watch from ep 8. that's pretty good. i suspect that's why hwarang is fighting well against its com when you consider other dramas that are and have gone up against rating juggernauts being in the 5% or under range, that jump  from 6.9 to 7.6 is telling. im wondering next Tuesday will their be a special since RDTK will end on monday with ep 20. which might be a good thing for hwarang, heres hoping.

Yes, I'm really surprised and it's nice to see all the positive comments about the drama ^^ I hope the ratings will increase when Romantic Doctor ends. Actually I think this will be a good thing for Hwarang with Romantic Doctor coming to an end :)

20 hours ago, aileens said:

Why don't we people just love this drama because we watch it together. Why should make a heated discussion just because we love certain character, and why we should angry about other preference? 

It's a free world, each people have their own preference. We can love Park Hyung Sik, we can love Park Seo Jun and we can love Minho and others is up to ourself. We can't force our choice to other. 

Let's enjoy this drama together. Give love to all the cast and crew.....some of us maybe has their own bias but it's okay, it's doesn't hurt you anyway.

+10000! Yes please~ Lets just admire everybody in Hwarang and how beautiful and pretty everybody looks :love:

On 1/11/2017 at 11:51 AM, zagigirl said:

I can believe that...from what we saw of young king here in drama...he is a bit spoiled...but he's not unfair, sneaky or that he looks down on others...when AR's brother was killed he showed guilt...another one i killed...he was sorry and ashame it  was coz of him...if he could of stop that he would but we see he's helpless against the queen so far..and he did join hwarangs using his own head...you r right it was his wise move

I think it was a great decision for Sam Maek Jong to join the Hwarang as well! Not for having the people in his grasp but for him to learn how it is for the people in the country and how it is to be in their shoes. With the bone ranks and everything. I think and hope by him being the Hwarag, he'll realize how it is for the people and become more humble and apply this to when he does take the throne.

17 hours ago, evie7 said:

No your not the one who started anything. The whole point of Soompi threads is to give fan's of all the actors in a drama the place to spaz over them. I myself came because of Minho.

Omg, you know I originally was going to watch this drama because of hyungsik but after getting into SHINee....Minho :love: He's sure stealing my heart in this drama too. I can't help burst into laughter at some of his scenes because we Shawols know he's a sweetheart and competitive in real life~

16 hours ago, q4q4 said:

I love the chemistry between all the main guys, it comes off very natural for them. The scene where Minho was giving SEO Joon advice about how to be a brother had me laughing so hard LOL he looked so serious when he was giving him advice and SJ looked so serious when he was taking mental notes as well

I was laughing so hard durin that scene as well. The fact that Moo Myung was so focused on listening to Soo Ho's advice too XD! And Minho isn't even like that in real life too haha

16 hours ago, silvianage said:

The most information I want to know is who is Moo Myung

So can you share what is your prediction for fun?

I predict he is some one from the palace as well, maybe another son from previous king or general 

he might related to sam maek jong? some one who is also have a right to the throne?

What all of you think?

Sameee... I'm really really curious of Moo Myung's identity is!! I feel like he might be part of the royal line as well....Maybe even step-brother with Moo Myung? :scream:

12 hours ago, xxyy said:

Question Question!!

Help a girl out here plz....

where do i watch hwarang press conference v live (eng sub, of cuz) ! i've seen some clips on youtube

i'd like to enjoy the whole show! 

do let me know when i can watch it plz...thank you

You can actually find it on YouTube! You're talking about the V Live they did before the official Hwarang Press Conference, right?

8 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

i agree, hyungsik is still improving as an actor but he has come a long way for people to actually praise him and be positive about him. i became his fan from high society, he has a lot of charisma and screen presence. but i also love park seo joon who i became a fan of in kill me heal me and even more so in she was pretty, very talented actor. but both actors are working hard.

@bold, thats good to know, both for PSJ and for the drama.  thnx for that little update, makes me happy.:)

also i would like to share this, 

‘Hwarang’ beats ‘Goblin,’ ‘Legend of the Blue Sea’ in latest TV popularity chart

http://en.yibada.com/articles/183508/20170105/hwarang-goblin-legend-of-the-blue-sea-kbs-tvn.htm

Yes, I definitely agree..!! His acting has improved so much and is getting better and better. Honestly, Park Hyung Sik is pretty underrated as an idol actor. He's actually one of the good idol actors, in my opinion, but he doesn't get that much recognition. As a fan of PHS, it's really nice to see everyone praise him for his role in Hwarang because in the past, he didn't get as much recognition. So when I see positive comments about him, I can't just help to share my thoughts about him. Of course the drama isn't only about Park Hyung Sik. It's just I happen to be commenting about Hyungsik all the time because i really like him :sweatingbullets:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, all the other actors are doing a terrific job portraying their characters as well. I apologize though because I don't comment as much as I do with Park Hyungsik though. I truly love all the actors roles in the drama and love their character's personality.

17 hours ago, q4q4 said:

I love the chemistry between all the main guys, it comes off very natural for them. The scene where Minho was giving SEO Joon advice about how to be a brother had me laughing so hard LOL he looked so serious when he was giving him advice and SJ looked so serious when he was taking mental notes as well...

11 minutes ago, ferily said:

I was laughing so hard durin that scene as well. The fact that Moo Myung was so focused on listening to Soo Ho's advice too XD! And Minho isn't even like that in real life too haha

:)...i'm just hoping AR won't ask..nor SH's sister won't think of giving such advices to AR...coz she might grab king from behind (though i think he wouldn't be surprised like BR more like: yes, girl! :tongue:)...and hit MM's head :lol:

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

:)...i'm just hoping AR won't ask..nor SH's sister won't think of giving such advices to AR...coz she might grab king from behind (though i think he wouldn't be surprised like BR more like: yes, girl! :tongue:)...and hit MM's head :lol:

Haha oh dear, can you imagine if Aro did that to Moo Myung? :lol: I can just imagine a bunch of awkwardness and embarrassment! 

6 hours ago, papulichan said:

Chinguya, now that after Ep #8 , we do have some confirmation that MM/SW foster dad is possibly not a peasant but a man of high talent  and ranking( Woo reuk -the Master of Instruments), remember how the boys were fawning over his ability to play any musical instrument with precision especially the 'Gayageum'( which basically lay the foundation of traditional folk music) ...so, I Googled a bit and found this information

Thank you for the research, it's interesting stuff.

8 hours ago, q4q4 said:

Bahaha YES! That flowery poster was THE WORST! It literally made me go "Ew no thanks." Thinking that they were gonna be bad actors but  I was surprised by how well everyone was acting right from the first episode! I totally regret judging a book by it's cover lol

I was not crazy about those posters either, but I couldn't not check it out since Minho, Park Seo Joon , Park Hyung Sik and Go Ara were in this, I heard it was by the Flower Boy people and I saw that @sakura2016 @zagigirl :wub:were on board, how could I not give it a try. What I love about Soompi is you find chingus that like the same dramas. Now @papulichan@USAFarmgirl @Yongzura are on board also, soo it's a party and I get to know new chingus. 

OMG!! This is like my new favorite drama at the moment. I like all the characters but DAMN Who can resist Park Seo-joon and Do Ji-han!! OMG! They both just SHINE!! I should have patiently waited for more episodes and now that I'm all caught up, I am mentally suffering K-dramas SIDE EFFECTS!!

12 hours ago, gwkzz said:

okay, lemme say that Banryu is getting one particular ahjumma (in this case, ME!) on his side after episode 8. As someone mentioned, he suddenly became a lot more human in this episode, and I love it. His genuine warm smile upon reading Sooyeon's second letter is locking my deal for him. I do hope the story gives him a significant character improvement because he has the potential to be among the best of hwarang.

For now, I wish the best for Banryu. He is in such a difficult position to begin with, and he may have to make difficult decisions over and over again in the future. I hope his roommates showed him the kind of attention and affection to him like they gave to Sun Woo. After all, he is one of them, whether they like it or not. Or in his case, whether HE likes it or not :rolleyes:

Oh I am soooo ready for more bromance! :love: .... and tuesday is sooooooo faaaaaar faaaaaaar awaaaaaaay..... :weary:

I totally agree with you! He's an interesting character and I'm liking him more and more :D I loved his smile after reading Soo Yeon's letter :heart:  So cuteeeeeee!!!

My heart ached for him when he received the letter from Minister Park and his lovely smiled disappeared :cold_sweat: Especially when he was just beginning to appreciate the blooming friendship between his roommates.  

Hehehe...I'm also ready for more bromance too! :blush: I can't wait for the next episode!

Ahhhh I just finished watching Epiosde 8 (Yes, I was behind on watching it ;-;) but OMG the bromance though!!! So adorable that Han Sung came into the guys room and said he was going to sleep together with them :love: So cutee~~ Love how he went next to Moo Myung after and put his leg on him haha. And omg I love how all the boys are so focused with their dancing and music~ It's nice to see them like this! I love the scene where they were practicing their sword fight at first but started to dance with their swords. I think that's one of my favorite scenes so far! Did anyone else notice that it was Kim Taehyung, Minho, and Park Hyungsik in the front and the rest of them in the back? It is like all the idols are in the front dancing and taking the front stage haha!

But Ban Ryu, man he was so cold in the past but it seems like he's starting to warm up now. When he was reading Soo Yeon's letter, he was so cute. While watching that scene, I was like THE SHIP HAS SAILED. I REPEAT, THE SHIP HAS SAILED!!! I'm super excited to see their romance develop. It's really nice to see Ban Ryu become more warmer because he is just so adorable now.

Also okay Aro and Moo Myung so cute as well when Moo Myung was trying to practice and Aro tried to show him how it should be done, saying she's super flexible. Haha, Moo Myung's smile was really cute as well and I agree with Aro, it's nice to see him smile :wub:  Gaah well it looks like the secret is out about Moo Myung not being Aro brother. Honestly, I'm kind of relieved that she knows the truth now because now there won't be any secret between them and finally the romance between the two can finally develop. I'm sure we're going to get that short period of time though of Aro being mad at Moo Myung.

But omg, seems like something bad will happen at the festival because of the stupid ahjussi that wants to ruin the Queen. I hope Ban Ryu won't do anything horrible at the festival because the old ahjussi was hinting that Ban Ryu would be the one to ruin the festival. I guess we'll have to see next episode ;-; Also Aro getting kidnapped by the Queen and the Queen wanting to kill her.. Somebody please save her.....I know some people said it might be Sam Maek Jong since he's the only one that could enter the palace but :scream: Why must the Queen threaten her.... Somebody said in the Viki comments that they can't ship Aro with Maek Jong because she'll always get hurt and I actually agree with that statement.. I don't want to see Aro get hurt just because Sam Maek Jong likes her ;-;

1 hour ago, MY Xiong said:

I like all the characters but DAMN Who can resist Park Seo-joon and Do Ji-han!! OMG! They both just SHINE!!

Yess, they both SHINE. Just like Minho. Since he's from SHINee. Because SHINE-e, SHINee....Okay, I'll stop now. But in all seriousness, I felt like Park Seo Joon and Do Jihan were just too adorable in this weeks episode

21 hours ago, papulichan said:

Also, it is been widely predicted that MM could be a royalty indeed and Woo reuk could be infact his protector ( the scene when he told An ji gong ( SW's abuji) how MM was the fated baby who should not been out in this world itself)... making MM could be possible royalty from the Gaya kingdom ( which was invaded by Silla , I think). So, if the drama does eventually take this route to his birth secret, MM could be related /similar or have lineage of either of these two men...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yu-sin OR   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Isabu.........

BUT, then this simply what I deduce and yet debatable.:)

omgg girl..yassssssss..........thank you thank you for sharing your hard work!! i m definitely aiming for MM being Kim Yu Shin..there  is a possibility....AMAZING!!!! THANKS GURLLLL :heart:

1 hour ago, xxyy said:

omgg girl..yassssssss..........thank you thank you for sharing your hard work!! i m definitely aiming for MM being Kim Yu Shin..there  is a possibility....AMAZING!!!! THANKS GURLLLL :heart:

No not Kim Yu Shin, their era is different, Kim Yu Shin isn't in the same era as King Jinheung, he's in the era after him, but MM might be a relative of him, but certainly not Kim Yu Shin, he hasn't born yet during Jinheung time lol

1 hour ago, xxyy said:

No, Kim Yu Shin (598 - 673) & King Jinheung (526 - 576) so MM isn't Kim Yu Shin. May be they both have lineage.

Archived