[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, evie7 said:

Thank you for the research, it's interesting stuff.

I was not crazy about those posters either, but I couldn't not check it out since Minho, Park Seo Joon , Park Hyung Sik and Go Ara were in this, I heard it was by the Flower Boy people and I saw that @sakura2016 @zagigirl :wub:were on board, how could I not give it a try. What I love about Soompi is you find chingus that like the same dramas. Now @papulichan@USAFarmgirl @Yongzura are on board also, soo it's a party and I get to know new chingus. 

:wub:...chingus @Soompi r swaaaaaaaaaaag!...agreed! :) 

8 hours ago, ferily said:

Also okay Aro and Moo Myung so cute as well when Moo Myung was trying to practice and Aro tried to show him how it should be done, saying she's super flexible. Haha, Moo Myung's smile was really cute as well and I agree with Aro, it's nice to see him smile :wub:  Gaah well it looks like the secret is out about Moo Myung not being Aro brother. Honestly, I'm kind of relieved that she knows the truth now because now there won't be any secret between them and finally the romance between the two can finally develop. I'm sure we're going to get that short period of time though of Aro being mad at Moo Myung.

oqc42y.gif

...was nice to see both of them to smile :wub:

Waaaaaaaaay better than this

PNSAqj.gif 

I thought she would be mad at him but now that she found out seems she has bigger problem with her feelings twds him and her real brother fate..btw king will see she 's hurt coz of MM...he was jealous before ...his threats sounds serious

6 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

No not Kim Yu Shin, their era is different, Kim Yu Shin isn't in the same era as King Jinheung, he's in the era after him, but MM might be a relative of him, but certainly not Kim Yu Shin, he hasn't born yet during Jinheung time lol

6 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

No, Kim Yu Shin (598 - 673) & King Jinheung (526 - 576) so MM isn't Kim Yu Shin. May be they both have lineage.

Girls.... girls... hold your horses haha... Kim Yushin was the grandnephew of King Jinheung (yes, OUR Sam Maek Jong)... he was the grandson of King Jinheung's younger brother. He served as the commander in chief of Silla Army during Queen Seondeok's reign. In the 2009 "Queen Seondeok" drama, Kim Yushin was depicted as a hwarang from a questionable origin (he was the last descendant of the Gaya ruler, long abolished under Silla at that time, so he was almost treated as an outcast), who rose to be the highest military elite, and later became the most influential figure in the unification of Korean Peninsula.

Phew, okay... that's our history class for today girls hahaha

1 hour ago, gwkzz said:

Girls.... girls... hold your horses haha... Kim Yushin was the grandnephew of King Jinheung (yes, OUR Sam Maek Jong)... he was the grandson of King Jinheung's younger brother. He served as the commander in chief of Silla Army during Queen Seondeok's reign. In the 2009 "Queen Seondeok" drama, Kim Yushin was depicted as a hwarang from a questionable origin (he was the last descendant of the Gaya ruler, long abolished under Silla at that time, so he was almost treated as an outcast), who rose to be the highest military elite, and later became the most influential figure in the unification of Korean Peninsula.

So there is no relationship between MM & Kim Yushin lmao :)) ? Okay MM is just a fictional character anyway :))

2 hours ago, gwkzz said:

Whoa thanks for the info, but he still has a gaya origin... but MM is not the father/grandfather lol, someone said on dramabeans that Moo Myung might be prince wolgwang of gaya, whom is the father of prince wolya of gaya (another guy in seondeok whom was potrayed by joo sang wook), how about this theory? I can't confirm the year for this hehe :sweatingbullets: does he exist in the same era as jinheung?

1 hour ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Whoa thanks for the info, but he still has a gaya origin... but MM is not the father/grandfather lol, someone said on dramabeans that Moo Myung might be prince wolgwang of gaya, whom is the father of prince wolya of gaya (another guy in seondeok whom was potrayed by joo sang wook), how about this theory? I can't confirm the year for this hehe :sweatingbullets: does he exist in the same era as jinheung?

Wow... another sound theory.... Wolgwang taeja of Daegaya lived around the same era as Jinheung, but perhaps several years older. But who knows, right?!

If MM was to be this Daegaya prince, then Aro must have been doing reaaaaaally good in her previous life, to have TWO GORGEOUS PRINCES competing for her heart hahaha

1 hour ago, Random_Fangurl said:

Wow... another sound theory.... Wolgwang taeja of Daegaya lived around the same era as Jinheung, but perhaps several years older. But who knows, right?!

If MM was to be this Daegaya prince, then Aro must have been doing reaaaaaally good in her previous life, to have TWO GORGEOUS PRINCES competing for her heart hahaha

Hi all, while waiting for Monday-Tuesday to come, here is something interesting I found. Not sure if it got posted before, if so, apologies for double posting, otherwise... well, enjoy!!

seems like our Moo Myeong and Su Yeon were in a cf together before! ㄲㄲㄲㄲㄲ

Eek I really love this cast and enjoy a drama that is set in a different region for once, instead of just Goryeo all the time.

While I am only two episodes in and was wavering on whether to continue watching or not, from the great reception the drama has in the later episodes, I definitely want to give it another shot. Who doesn't love a good bromance? 

For more of my thoughts and opinions on the drama, please click here: https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/hwarang-beautiful-knights-literally/

13 hours ago, gwkzz said:

So they do exist in the same timeline, whoa can't wait for the revelation, it'll be epic to see MM reaction when he knows that he's also a royalty hahaha, after all the insults he got from banryu and his true bone gang :rolleyes:

Aro is lucky indeed, well she's a fictional character, all of drama heroine usually were lucky af hahaha :lol:

Cannot wait for Monday!! I want to see their performance. It must be the red n black costume.

On the other hand, i can see the couple:-

SW n Ah Ro

SMJ n princess, right?

Ban Ryu n Su Yeon (Suho's sis)

Suho n queen (most likely cannot be)

SW n HS (bromance? ..lol..)

I noticed the make up ia a little bit distracting. The face is much fairer than the neck. Are the Hwarang supposed to wear make up? But i dont recall seeing the scene. Ah Ro make up also like that. Hmmmm..

Or maybe bcoz hot day affecting the make up... Hwarang,fighting !

14 hours ago, Random_Fangurl said:

So they do exist in the same timeline, whoa can't wait for the revelation, it'll be epic to see MM reaction when he knows that he's also a royalty hahaha, after all the insults he got from banryu and his true bone gang :rolleyes:

Aro is lucky indeed, well she's a fictional character, all of drama heroine usually were lucky af hahaha :lol:

I wish he's royal just so words stuck in boys mouth...that would be more of a sight to me...then him to find out....they were wrong to him, and it must be hard for him...though i don't believe he really care or have a wish for such a thing

Lucky she is right :)

2 hours ago, an-naum said:

Cannot wait for Monday!! I want to see their performance. It must be the red n black costume.

On the other hand, i can see the couple:-

SW n Ah Ro

SMJ n princess, right?

Ban Ryu n Su Yeon (Suho's sis)

Suho n queen (most likely cannot be)

SW n HS (bromance? ..lol..)

I noticed the make up ia a little bit distracting. The face is much fairer than the neck. Are the Hwarang supposed to wear make up? But i dont recall seeing the scene. Ah Ro make up also like that. Hmmmm..

Or maybe bcoz hot day affecting the make up... Hwarang,fighting !

I mind that eyeliner on BR...don't really feel the need...he already has striking eyes as  it as...even more when he's cold or angry

Can't wait either..1.5 days....too long  :sweatingbullets:...red&black right...they'll be dashing :wub:

On 1/13/2017 at 8:30 AM, Random_Fangurl said:

On 1/13/2017 at 10:19 AM, gwkzz said:

Thank you both for the mini history lessons :blush: I hope that SW/MM is of sacred bone (I hope I got that right:phew:) Because it would shut up the true bones. 

@zagigirl I don't think he would care either about his rank, He loves AR too much and won't want to lose her by claiming his birthright. There is no way he would be able to stay w/a woman who is not at least a true bone. That's why I feel bad for our King, there is no way he can be w/AR. Because of her status and because even if she's mad at MM, her heart belongs to him.

@an-naum I haven't noticed the makeup except for the eyeliner. It's weird because when I watch Jdramas the guys are not so made up but it is a Kdrama thing.

@Myraa Hello chingu! Please delete those links you posted. That is considered an illeagal site and you will get in in trouble w/the mods for posting it. Just pm those links to @Ainee Etp

6 hours ago, evie7 said:

@zagigirl I don't think he would care either about his rank, He loves AR too much and won't want to lose her by claiming his birthright. There is no way he would be able to stay w/a woman who is not at least a true bone. That's why I feel bad for our King, there is no way he can be w/AR. Because of her status and because even if she's mad at MM, her heart belongs to him

I'm really curious how far will king go...there is no way he doesn't see she loves MM...and don't think will take long for him to realize they r not siblings...he just might not want to see or accept (smells like My girl where friend found out really soon couple is not related but used that to prevent their love coz he loved the girl too...who is familiar with the story knows it didn't make girl to love him instead or to stop love that was meant to be :) )...really wish now after his mother abduct AR he rethink about his love for AR...coz its true if he wants the throne he can't have AR

I'm preparing myself for sad MM&AR scenes tomm :(...she did say to him in the preview what if..but seems since she won't rush at once to her father to object she will accept it ...though unwillingly...wonder will she even tell to her father she knows

I'm counting on other hwarangs tomm for some lighter scenes

BTW...that loyal queen's guard who killed AR's real brother...shame...he's good looking :wink:

Archived