[Drama 2015] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made (From Five To Nine) 5時から9時まで

Guest ororomunroe

Guest ireumimolla

Episode 9 breaking my heart after all the cuteness overload in Episode 8. *sobs*

tumblr_nz0tp6H58q1r2z6o5o1_250.giftumblr_nz0tp6H58q1r2z6o5o4_250.gif

tumblr_nz0tp6H58q1r2z6o5o2_r2_250.giftumblr_nz0tp6H58q1r2z6o5o5_250.gif

tumblr_nz0tp6H58q1r2z6o5o3_250.giftumblr_nz0tp6H58q1r2z6o5o6_250.gif

http://supersimplysimple.tumblr.com/post/134769172949

Watching Takane at the end was truly heartbreaking...

tumblr_nz0uotoeKU1r2z6o5o1_250.giftumblr_nz0uotoeKU1r2z6o5o2_250.gif

tumblr_nz0uotoeKU1r2z6o5o3_250.giftumblr_nz0uotoeKU1r2z6o5o4_250.gif

http://supersimplysimple.tumblr.com/post/134770413429

Finally found the lyrics translation for 'Christmas Song' by back number. (source: http://minacchi.livejournal.com/21869.html)

dokoka de kane ga natte
Somewhere, bells are ringing.

rashikunai kotoba ga ukande
Unusual words are floating into mind.

samusa ga kokochiyokute
The coldness feels pleasantly good.

are? nande koi nanka shitendarou
Huh? Why am I doing something like falling in love?

seiya da nanda to kurikaesu uta to
Is it because it's Christmas Eve, or because of those songs playing repeatedly?

wazato rashiku kirameku machi no sei ka na
Or is it the fault of this city that seemed to sparkle on purpose?

aitai to omou kaisuu ga
The number of times I think of wanting to see you

aenai to itai kono mune ga
and how this heart of mine hurts when I can't be with you

kimi no koto dou omou ka oshieyou to shiteru
are telling me how I feel about you.

ii yo, sonna koto jibun de wakatteru yo
It's alright, I myself know it...

SANTA to yara ni tanon demo shikatanai yo na
...even if I ask Santa, there's no use, right?

dekireba yoko ni ite hoshikute
If it's possible, I want you to stay by my side.

doko ni mo itte hoshikunakute
I don't want you to go anywhere else.

boku no koto dake wo zutto kangaeteite hoshii
I want you to always think only of me.

demo konna koto tsutaetara kakkouwarui shi
But it would be uncool if I tell you these things...

nagaku naru dake dakara matomeru yo
So I'll make it simple, only because it's going to be quite long...

kimi ga suki da
I love you.

hashagu koibito tachi wa
Those lovers happily frolicking around

TONAKAI no TSUNO nanka hayashite
are wearing something like reindeer's antlers on their heads.

yoku hitomae de dekiru naa
They surely can do it in front of other people, huh?

iya, urayamashiku nante nai kedo
No, I'm not jealous, though.

kimi ga yorokobu PUREZENTO tte nandarou
I wonder what gift would make you happy?

boku dake ga agerareru mono tte nandarou
I wonder what's the one thing that only I can give you?

daisuki da to itta henji ga
Your answer to when I told you that I love you,

omotteta no to wa chigattemo
even if it's different from what I thought it would be,

sore dake de kirai ni nante nare ya shinai kara
I won't come to hate you just because of that.

hoshi ni negai wo nante sa gara ja nai kedo
Wishing upon a star is really not like me, but...

kekkyoku kimi ja nai to iya nandatte
...after all, it won't do if it's not you.

miageterunda
So I look up at the sky.

ano toki kimi ni deatte tada sore dake de
At that time, I met you; it was only just that.

jibun mo shiranakatta jibun ga tsugi kara tsugi ni
I myself didn't realize that it would lead from one thing to another...

aitai to mainichi omottete
Everyday, I think about how I want to see you.

sore wo kimi ni shitte hoshikute
I want to let you know about that.

surechigau hitogomi ni kimi wo sagashiteiru
So in this crowd where we might pass each other by, I'm searching for you.

konna hi wa hoka no dareka to waratteru kana
In this very day, are you smiling together with someone else?

mune no oku no oku ga kurushikunaru
That part deep, deep inside my heart is becoming painful.

dekireba yoko ni ite hoshikute
If it's possible, I want you to stay by my side.

doko ni mo itte hoshikunakute
I don't want you to go anywhere else.

boku no koto dake wo zutto kangaeteite hoshii
I want you to always think only of me.

yappari konna koto tsutaetara kakkouwarui shi
As I thought, it would be uncool if I tell you these things...

nagaku naru dake dakara matomeru yo
So I'll make it simple, only because it's going to be quite long...

kimi ga suki da
I love you.

kikoeru made nando datte iu yo
I'll say it over and over again until you hear it...

kimi ga suki da
I love you.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @Ayu Rashid & @momakas for sharing the ep.9 review..phewwww..i'm not ready yet to watch ep.9 but i have no choice...and will try to do the FMV for ep9 before doramatique group release the eng sub this friday.. Uhukkk i hope this drama will give us a happy ending for our OTP! One of the reason my kdrama life turn upside down is because of this 5ji..i cant concentrate watching SWP in the last two weeks before the drama ended bec i accidentally watching this 5ji..i really hope for the happy ending!!

Anything can happen in ep.10..if the scripwriter is abnormal, he will make this drama ended tragically but the scripwriter is 28 years old and still young.. and i guess he will make a happy ending for Takane & Junko (praying hard for this)..i didnt read the manga so i dont know how the manga end..

I will try my best to finish ep.9 fmv ASAP eventhough my heart is breaking into pieces after reading all the reviews.. :(

That Christmas song is sooo perfect for every scene in this drama and it will be automatically played in my head whenever the otp scenes appeared. Btw, where did u watch the subbed ep 9 @ireumimolla? The wait for Japanese subbed drama is too long that I had to rely on my own understanding of what is being said.:lol:

Guest ireumimolla
4 minutes ago, Ayu Rashid said:

That Christmas song is sooo perfect for every scene in this drama and it will be automatically played in my head whenever the otp scenes appeared. Btw, where did u watch the subbed ep 9 @ireumimolla? The wait for Japanese subbed drama is too long that I had to rely on my own understanding of what is being said.:lol:

I find myself humming the Christmas Song everyday at random times! I can't get it out of my head and actually went to DL it on itunes because the short version that UM Japan uploaded on YT is not enough for me lol. I was just in Japan a week ago and the song is currently being played there quite frequently. Gave me a lot of feels~!!

Btw, I watched the drama raw or with chinese subs first while waiting for the english subs to be out because I can't stand the wait! I don't understand Japanese at all sadly :/

I'm gonna restrain myself from watching ep 9 and patiently wait for ep 10 next week so I can watch both episodes together!!!

:angry:

Hoping information on this thread can last me till next week! *fingers crossed*

@Ayu Rashid and @momakas Thank you for let us know what happened this week. @momakas, Just readiing about the eps. has me :bawling: too. I was expecting something like this to happen but my heart was not ready to hear it did. I know I will have to shed a tear or two when I get to watch the raw.  Who am I kidding I'm almost on the verge of tears just thinking about. 

@ireumimolla, Those lyrics are so beautiful thank you

@fidda868, I started watching this during OMV, I know what you mean about not being able to concentrate on another drama. I'm just happy there's a new drama starting this week so I can get my mind off this one for a while. (I hope)

@Ahpheng, these almost kisses are so hot if we get a deadfish kiss I will lose my mind:crazy:

23 hours ago, fidda868 said:

Thank you @Ayu Rashid & @momakas for sharing the ep.9 review..phewwww..i'm not ready yet to watch ep.9 but i have no choice...and will try to do the FMV for ep9 before doramatique group release the eng sub this friday.. Uhukkk i hope this drama will give us a happy ending for our OTP! One of the reason my kdrama life turn upside down is because of this 5ji..i cant concentrate watching SWP in the last two weeks before the drama ended bec i accidentally watching this 5ji..i really hope for the happy ending!!

Anything can happen in ep.10..if the scripwriter is abnormal, he will make this drama ended tragically but the scripwriter is 28 years old and still young.. and i guess he will make a happy ending for Takane & Junko (praying hard for this)..i didnt read the manga so i dont know how the manga end..

I will try my best to finish ep.9 fmv ASAP eventhough my heart is breaking into pieces after reading all the reviews.. :(

Don't worry about the ending, honey. Mr. Spoiler (aka YamaPi^^) had already told us "There will be no betray and will definitely be a happy ending" in the variety show he appeared called BUSAIKU on Monday. 

5→9  EPISODE 9: Farewell Junko … A Shocking End to a Romance Torn Apart 

So the penultimate episode of 5→9 is behind us and I hope you had those kleenex boxes ready because you needed them.  I didn’t manage to start writing my usual ramblings yesterday due to the late release of the torrent, which is quite fortunate because by the end I finished screencapping the episode I became a sobbing mess again! Though, on the bright side there were many delicious OTP moments to die for - some were loving, some tender other heartwrenching but always perfect. So at least we have something to rewatch until Monday.

tumblr_nz2bvboz641s8t96qo1_540.png

Junko announces to Takane and her family that she has quit her job and intends to become a temple bride, to Takane’s aghast reaction because he immediately realizes something must be terribly wrong. So while her family is deliriously happy, the future bridegroom is less enthusiastic for his bride-to-be to give up her job and become a temple housewife - he asks Junko why she did it, and she replies that for his grandmother to give them the permission to marry. Her family finally realizes that the couple is facing a family opposition, but instead of worrying and being the avid readers of romance novels they probably are, they become excited about the prospect and suggest that Junko and Takane should elope! I’m all for it! If this was in any other situation we could expect Takane already writing down notes into his little black diary, but not this time - he is genuinely concerned about Junko’s decision to give up her dream job. He tells her he will persuade his grandmother so she should once again think about quitting. However, Junko says she’s already decided and wonders whether Takane wants to marry her after all. He slowly shakes his head and says that he WANTS TO MARRY HER with such a dreamy expression on his face that you leaves you in no doubt that it’d be the fulfillment of his best dream (well, maybe the 2nd best after the “making a family with her” process ;-)).

tumblr_nz2bvboz641s8t96qo5_250.pngtumblr_nz2bvboz641s8t96qo4_250.png

This pretty much confirms what we’ve suspected all drama long - that Takane never intended for Junko to become a traditional temple bride, he always firmly believed that he but mostly Junko’s perserverance and character would persuade his grandmother to budge on that matter. He never wanted to change Junko or lock her behind the temple walls because he loves her the way she is - he always wanted her to be happy and live her life in a way that makes her happy. He knows better than anyone how much her job means to her and the last thing he wants is for her to sacrifice her dreams just to have her by his side.

tumblr_nz2bvboz641s8t96qo6_540.png

The matter worries him so much that he asks her dad about it during another of their regular male-bonding baths (YAY, our weekly dose of shirtless Yamapi, who by the way promised in yesterday talk show that the drama will have a HAPPY ENDING!)  - obviously Junko wanted to go to NY from the moment they watched a movie that took place in there, shortly after Nene was born, so dad tells Takane that when she is giving up her precious dream for him he should make her happy, which Takane solemnly vows to do. However, his grandmother has different ideas and still doesn’t want to allow him to marry her no matter what and tells him he should choose - marry Kaori and inherit the temple or be with Junko, he can’t have both. (She doesn’t bother to listen to him about the plan Amane has for the demolition of the temple.)

tumblr_nz2bvboz641s8t96qo8_540.png

Later in the evening Junko asks Takane about his visit to the temple and he tells her the truth - that it’s difficult to change his grandmother’s mind - and that she should once again think about quitting her job, but she objects that that discussion is already over. They’re both so utterly adorable behaving like an old married couple! She tells him that tomorrow they should go to the temple together. Don’t do it, Junko! Takane obviously thinks the same, unwilling to let her face his grandmother and protests that he will continue going there alone, but Junko reminds him that they are in this together since marriage is about two people and they should get the permission together. And Takane solemnly nods and proceeds to brush his teeth with his one-in-a-kind “T loves J” tooth brush!

tumblr_nz2bvboz641s8t96qo10_400.pngtumblr_nz2bvboz641s8t96qo2_400.png

TROUBLES WITH THE IN-LAWS

tumblr_nz2c05WiPi1s8t96qo8_540.png

Oh, that went well! Hibari orders the monks to sprinkle salt on Takane and Junko - a practice of banishing evil spirits and unwelcomed people. I think the message couldn’t be more clear - the wedding is off. Becoming a temple daugher-in-law is a messy business and I couldn’t imagine a man who would be worth all the trouble, but Takane totally is! Especially since he is there all the way standing by Junko’s side, shielding her from the salt and subsequently getting it out from her hair and clothes. Frankly, Hibari-san, didn’t Arthur tell you that you are a heart-stealer? So stop being a heartbreaker! if I were you I would give the permission ASAP because Junko is your best shot at having a great-grandchild from Takane, considering the fact your oldest grandosn has a policy of sleeping only with women who love him as much as he loves them and there has always been only one woman like that in his life! 

tumblr_nz2c05WiPi1s8t96qo2_540.pngtumblr_nz2c05WiPi1s8t96qo3_540.png

Junko’s day doesn’t get any better as they meet Amane who openly prepares to make her boyfriend, his own flesh and blood, a homeless person. What a lovely family to marry into, isn’t it?

If Takane thought that this drawback would deter Junko from dragging him down the aisle and marrying him, he couldn’t  have been more mistaken. It looks like Junko is a quick learner and immediatelly proceeds to implement all the stalking techniques she has learned from her lover! LOL! It seems even his stubborn determination adn perserverance are contagious and they’ve rubbed off on her. The fact that the Hoshikawas obviously love to keep to their schedules makes it easier. Unfortunately, Hibari doesn’t even allow them to speak. However, when Takane tells Junko they should finally go home, she only tells that they’re going to try tomorrow and that she is suddenly getting fired up! Like I said, she’s learned from the master at being rejected and never giving up!

tumblr_nz2c05WiPi1s8t96qo5_540.png

THE MONK’S GUIDE TO DATING ENGAGEMENT - GETTING A MARRIAGE PERMIT

tumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo7_400.pngtumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo8_400.png

Want to get married? Like the first date, it’s a war. Therefore prepare provisions and rations because it’s a longterm siege, particularly gruesome in the winter. Be prepared for everything so nothing can suprise you AND DON’T FORGET THE HAND WARMERS!

tumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo1_540.png

Luckily, for Junko Takane (who, by the way, has color-coordinated his scarf with hers! Awww!) is with her and he has literally brought a whole arsenal to survive the ordeal of waiting for his grandmother, who is stubborn as a mule. Not only is he already a master of stalking, he has also read books (typical Takane) about stalking stakeouts, so he has anpan (Japanese sweet red beans bun), milk and even her favourite onigiri so his beloved Junko wouldn’t be hungry! LOL! Although, she doesn’t need them now, but there is something in her eye so she wonders whether he would have a cotton swab - of course, he does! And Takane shows that proud little smile that he had finally managed to make her laugh! Then what about a battery charger, Junko asks meaning it as a joke. A piece of cake! Then he starts pulling out various things from his sleeves like a magician would pull them out of his hat - obviously, Takane’s come prepared for a long stakeout and to kill time he brought everything from games to a rug or a kaleidoscope. Junko is shocked and asks him whether he has some sort of 4D sleeves?! I don’t know whether they are 4D or bottomless, but Hermione Granger’s handbag doesn’t hold a candle to them! 

tumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo2_400.pngtumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo3_400.png

They fail epically at talking to Hibari again, so they return the next day. Junko feels terribly cold but then remembers her well-equipped boyfriend and asks him whether those sleeves of his don’t hide a hand warmer. He thinks they do only to be mistaken (there are other things though - roller,  Konpeitō, rain coat, flashlight or dried potatoes), that’s why he decides to rush to the nearest shop and buy them, but comes immediately running back to wrap his own scarf around Junko’s neck, to make her at least a little bit warmer! Can this man be any more perfect?! What a silly question - of course, he can! This is HOSHIKAWA TAKANE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT - THE EPITOME OF PERFECTION!

tumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo4_540.pngtumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo10_540.pngtumblr_nz2c8cmsOp1s8t96qo9_540.png

Guest ororomunroe
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:56 AM, chiri said:

I'm gonna restrain myself from watching ep 9 and patiently wait for ep 10 next week so I can watch both episodes together!!!

:angry:

Hoping information on this thread can last me till next week! *fingers crossed*

Same here chingu. Just reading about it makes me mad so I have to wait to see if there's a happy ending.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:16 AM, evie7 said:

@Ayu Rashid and @momakas Thank you for let us know what happened this week. @momakas, Just readiing about the eps. has me :bawling: too. I was expecting something like this to happen but my heart was not ready to hear it did. I know I will have to shed a tear or two when I get to watch the raw.  Who am I kidding I'm almost on the verge of tears just thinking about. 

@ireumimolla, Those lyrics are so beautiful thank you

@fidda868, I started watching this during OMV, I know what you mean about not being able to concentrate on another drama. I'm just happy there's a new drama starting this week so I can get my mind off this one for a while. (I hope)

@Ahpheng, these almost kisses are so hot if we get a deadfish kiss I will lose my mind:crazy:

What new drama is starting this week? And I completely agree about the kiss. After all the near misses we've had, we deserve a spectacular kiss!

1 hour ago, ororomunroe said:

Same here chingu. Just reading about it makes me mad so I have to wait to see if there's a happy ending.

I cannot imagine staying depressed for the whole week while waiting for the last episode! As much as a happy ending is guaranteed! 

Call me crazy but I'd rather restrain myself from watching even if it means i will be crying buckets for episode 9 and be super elated with episode 10 at one shot! 

Hoping for a SP if its not too much to ask for. :wub:

5 hours ago, Ayu Rashid said:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Itsuka_Kono_Koi_wo_Omoidashite_Kitto_Naite_Shimau, new drama to replace after this ends. Hopefully 5 ji kara 9 ji have SP episode too.:) Btw, ep 8 subbed vid is out!

Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting to properly watch it but now I have to get ready for work:crazy:. At least the thought of being able to watch this will get me by. 

@ororomunroe, the drama I'm talking about is Remember. I'll tag you from the thread when I get home.

@kyunii88, Tagging you from 5 Ji Kara thread. Come on and join us! I would love a fellow PAC to joins us so we can discuss YamaPi's absevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif.

I've watched EP5. I admired Tanake and at the same time pitied him. He is exerting his best to search on how to gain the love of Junko. As compared to the two admirer of Junko whom I considered lame duck, he scored perfect for me. He shows his love not only in words but he is proving it. In a real life, is there a man like him now a days?  Junko is very lucky to have a suitor like him, although I can't blame her because her heart is for someone else or is it because he is monk who stays in the temple and not in an office as a high ranking personnel?

I read that EP9 is sad and we might cry. It's OK for me as long as its a happy ending.

Actually, I seldom watch Jdrama. The last Jdrama that I watch is Richman Poor Woman in 2012 wherein the main acctress is also the leading actress in this drama. Aside from that, the plot of the story is interesting for me, "a monk falling in love". I haven't watch a drama like this. 

I'm now watching EP6. By the way, I'm one of those who are addicted in Asian drama like Taiwanese and especially Korean drama. I hope I see you also in BROMANCE, TASTE OF LOVE, OH MY VENUS, BUBBLEGUM and the latest IMAGINARY CAT. 

Thank you.

Finally they released the eng sub..Just finished watching ep9..my heart cries when Takane broke up with Junko..this is their conversation at the last scene :

Takane: Junko san, i have dissapointed you from my heart. You're not appropriate to become my temple's bride. No matter how hard you try, you can never become my wife. As expected, we're living in different world. I finally opened my eyes. Hum..I have become to hate you.

Junko: You're lying, aren't you?

Takane : I hate lies. I will marry Kaori san soon. Crying begging for a pity is ugly. Do you think you can move heart by doing so? I hate you. We will never meet each other again.

Sobs..Then..he left her..and she cries...my heart break into pieces..Takane must be hurt so much when he tell lies to Junko san..he did it for the sake of Junko..he dont want her to suffer living in the temple.

Amane has told Takane that his brother is selfish and has made Junko san's live miserable and she even has give up all het dreams.. in my point of view, Amane is not the bad guy here..he just try to make the people in the temple especially the grandma to think about the family first and because of the temple, it destroyed their relationship. They abandonded him at Kyoto temple and nobody has visited him ever since..Amanae is a lonely boy..poor him and finally Takane realized that it was his mistakes too by abandoned his brother..so, i think that is why he made a decision to marry Kaori and break up with Junko.. 

Can't wait to see what they gonna give us in Ep.10..i guess Takane will become like a zombie after he broke up with Junko..

P/s: Those who wants the song Love & Hug by Yamapi that i use in the FMV for ep.8, you can PM me your email add..a few were asking in my yt acct but i couldnt view the comment with my mobile phone..

What if Tanake can't become a chief priest? He is very intellegent an IQ maybe of above 150. He can work outside the temple. he speaks fluent English.  I guess he looks more handsome wearing a casual dress.

I hate his grandmother but in EP7 I hated his brother the most. My consolation in EP7 is that Junko somehow  developed her feeling towards Tanake. She became jealous, missed him and cried with him.   

Archived