[Drama 2015] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made (From Five To Nine) 5時から9時まで

Guest ororomunroe

SLEEPLESS NIGHTS WITH CRABS

Junko can’t sleep so she does the only thing a woman in denial can do - she plunders the fridge, opens up a can of beer and begins to talk to a crab stick (they are made of fish meat, not crab meat) about all the reasons why falling in love with her monk suitor and marrying him is such a terrible idea:

“It won’t do. We live in completely different worlds and I can’t live with him in his. For instance, look at this crab stick - if it were him he would definitely buy a real crab…”

tumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo1_400.pngtumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo2_400.png

OMFG! These two fools in love! They are really two peas in a pod, aren’t they?! Of course, he bought a real crab, or rather boxes full of crabs! So he doesn’t sleep after all. I freaking love this “interaction” scene where both of them are thinking about each other, not even suspecting that the other is doing exactly the same. It turns out Takane noticed that she was out of sorts earlier that day so he assumed that it was because she wasn’t feeling well (if only he knew!) and decided that the best way to ensure her full recovery was to give her crabs which is, according to him, a sure way to make her better and happy! Gosh, I want my own Takane! Though, he thinks that the whole day was beautiful (because he spent it with her, of course) and then he literally starts waxing lyrical, composing Japanese poetry about her and his longing for her while one happy crab becomes Junko’s substitution as Takane begins talking to it, imagining it’s her!

tumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo4_400.png

“By now, you must be sleeping. Sweet dreams!”

No, she is not. Actually, she is contemplating his fashion choices, whether he only wears traditional Japanese clothes, because he would look good in a suit. And then:

“Wait! What kind of underwear does he actually wear?! Don’t tell me it is THAT? A LOINCLOTH? A LOINCLOTH MAN! HOW DOES HE GO TO A TOILET?!”

tumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo8_400.pngtumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo6_400.png

OMFG! I’m dying here from laughter! Please, tell me drama gods, she will learn the answer to that question by the end of the show?! Pretty please, with cherries on the top! In the meanwhile the unsuspecting Takane keeps spouting poetry about her, I’m pretty sure that if he knew what she’s currently thinking about I bet he would forget about crabs and would drag her to the nearest hotel. Even more so because it turns out he is again “smeared by worldly desires”, wanting to meet Junko and hug her and kiss her, so he proceeds to take the second next option and kiss the crab! OMG! His scared expression when he gets caught by the high priest because this totally looks like a crime against dead animals! Someone needs a waterfall shower, right noooooooooow! Though how fitting it is that he isn’t even allowed to kiss that crab! I begin to fear that this man is cursed to almost-kisses forever!  However, on the other hand, it shows how lonely he is when he talks to a crab,proving that he really doesn’t have a real confidant or BBF of the same age. Even Junko gets caught red handed when she jabbers that loincloth or not, a marriage is still impossible, that it can’t be love, until Nene sleeptalks that she likes him after all.

tumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo9_540.pngtumblr_nyc2m23tkp1s8t96qo7_540.png

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AN EMPTY PLACE

Amane isn’t my favourite character for obvious reasons, but I really found his conversation with Junko to be something she really needed because regardless of his later actions all the questions he asked her were really pertinent and they also implied other, much more important questions Junko must answer to herself - how much does she love Takane and is it enough? Enough to love everything about him, accept everything about him just like he does about her? How much is she willing to sacrifice to be with him? The first thing Ayame asks her is whether she really wants to marry his brother and compared to all the other occasions this time it isn’t a downright refusal, rather a hesitant “it’s too soon to talk about marriage”, but he objects that Takane already does, and that she should properly think about it before she decides to marry into their family - their grandmother is the head of their family and her word is law so if Junko doesn’t like her it won’t be easy to live there. And does she even know what it means to become a temple wife? She won’t be able to dress fashionably or be free, it will be impossible to live abroad or go partying.

tumblr_nyc2sdUbf21s8t96qo1_400.pngtumblr_nyc2sdUbf21s8t96qo2_400.png

“You live in the temple until the moment you die there.”

What a bleak prospect, isn’t it? Junko wonders whether it’s like that even nowadays which Amane confirms.

“It is a world in which my older brother has lived his whole life. Are you prepared to spend your life like that?”

It’s telling to watch Junko’s expression here because it’s obvious she finally realizes what sort of life Takane has lead, what shaped him and why he has become the man he is today. It is no wonder he is so love-starved and frankly it’s a miracle that after growing in such family, with people like Amane and his grandmother, he is so loving and full of hope. I love that the whole conversation isn’t something that deters her, or makes her more adamant that she can’t be with him, on the contrary - it makes her long for him even more. The scene where Junko comes home and the moment after hearing Takane’s name she immediately assumes he is there, waiting for her like always, only to realize he is not, shows what an integral part of her life he has become. He’s been a constant and she learned to look foward to see him again and when he is suddenly not there it’s like there is an empty place and it makes her feel lonely and sad.

tumblr_nyc2sdUbf21s8t96qo8_400.pngtumblr_nyc2sdUbf21s8t96qo4_400.png

I think both these experiences are the final straws which make her resolve to deny her feelings for him crumble and she finally admits to herself how much she actually misses him and wants to see him. It’s such a strong emotion that it makes her cry. And I’m not even talking about the fact that she fantasizes about his underwear and indulges in self-talk session in each night!!! I think that while Junko might have a boyfriend or two, apart from her family she never really opened her heart fully to anyone, she always protected it and herself in fear to give someone so much power over her and that someone would break her heart and hurt her. I find it fitting that it was the loyal, caring and loving Takane who managed to disarm her.

tumblr_nyc2sdUbf21s8t96qo6_540.pngtumblr_nyc2sdUbf21s8t96qo7_540.png

THE MONK IN MY BED

tumblr_nyc2vdpCNs1s8t96qo2_540.png

“You are my sugar, my honey, my everything sweet. Without you…”

tumblr_nyc2vdpCNs1s8t96qo1_400.pngtumblr_nyc2vdpCNs1s8t96qo3_400.png

OMFG! IS THIS WHAT TAKANE MEANT WHEN HE WISHED HER SWEET DREAMS?! What is THIS anyway?! Some kind of teaser for the real bed scene between these two? I certainly hopeso. Their lines are so hilariously cheesy but it totally works because fantasies and dreams tend to be like that, exaggerated and all. Despite the fact that it’s just a dream I love they are using their given names without the honorifics and it’s the first time Junko actually utters Takane’s first name. I don’t need a Ph.D. from psychoanalysis to deduce what this means - first she wondered what kind of underwear he wore and now she HAS A SEX DREAM/FANTASY WHICH INVOLVES HIM LYING IN HER BED NAKED AND WHISPERING LOVE WORDS TO HER; AND SHE EVEN TELLS HIM TO SHOW IT TO HER WITH ACTIONS!!! I mean how else it could have ended when she’s spend the past week thinking about his underwear and monk robes, curious what’s been hiding under them!

tumblr_nyc2vdpCNs1s8t96qo8_540.png

Frankly, it’s so apt that it all ends with another almost kiss. But seriously, the time grows shorter, there are only three episodes left and still no kiss - should we begin to panic now? 

She is so embarrassed when she wakes up and realizes what she’s been dreaming about! Don’t be, Junko, we have all been there!

tumblr_nyc2vdpCNs1s8t96qo9_400.pngtumblr_nyc2vdpCNs1s8t96qo10_400.png

THE SHOPAHOLIC

tumblr_nyc310AnHd1s8t96qo2_400.pngtumblr_nyc310AnHd1s8t96qo1_400.png

So basically Junko jumps at the first opportunity to spend time with Takane and it’s shopping for Nene’s birthday present. It turns out that Takane has reserved the whole shop and they’re the only customers there.

tumblr_nyc310AnHd1s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_nyc310AnHd1s8t96qo4_400.png

“It feels like a date, doesn’t it, Junko-san.”

She doth protest too much, doesn’t she? Because even though she says she’s come along only to help him choose a present for her sister, it’s obvious she can’t help being giddy that she is with him. Though, Takane is happy that she came anyway and proceeds to consult with her his picks for Nene. And it wouldn’t be Takane if he didn’t prepare accordingly for it - he knows more about colours, styles and trends than a fashion expert. The moment he gets Junko’s approval for his two choices, he orders the staff to wrap him the clothes from all three racks - he is buying them all!!! God, I love his penchant for selling out entire shops! But Junko sadly stops him from winning J.Ferry’s customer of the year award.

tumblr_nyc310AnHd1s8t96qo10_540.png

I spy with my little eye…that Yamashita Tomohisa and Ishihara Satomi spend time together even when the cameras stop rolling. We should call this “From 9 to Dawn” ;-).

May I ask what's the so-called "H" reporter saying?^^

I don't read kanji, sorry.

IT’S A COMPLIMENT 

THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST ADORABLE LOVER’S SPAT EVER! 

tumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo9_400.pngtumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo2_400.png

Takane wonders whether one dress will be enough for Nene and Junko reminds him that her sister is still in high school and it’s also better to hold the party at home just with the family. However, the thing she is curious about is why they are standing in a queue and he tells her that it’s because he’s always wanted to try to queue with a person he liked and it makes her blush and she becomes coy, because now after she admitted to herself how much she loves him she is very susceptible to his charms. Takane, being as perceptive as he is, can’t help himself but notice that she’s been behaving oddly, even during their English lesson. He gives her an inquisitive look and tells her she’s been acting strange lately. Junko denies it but Takane doesn’t buy her fake denial and immediately asks whether it’s because of Kiyomiya.

tumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo4_540.png

T:”Did anything happen with him?” J:”Nothing at all.” T:”I hate lies.” J:”But it’s the truth!” T:”So if it’s the truth tell me - that day (their date) did you go to Kiyomiya’s home?” J:”Yes, I did.” T:”So you really went.”

OMG! That night Junko only told him that she met up with a man and this makes you realize that Takane has suspected from the very first moment that she’s been with Kiyomiya at his home. No wonder it’s been preying on his mind the whole time and I admire that he actually had the guts to address it and asked her about it (which pretty much show how assured and comfortable he is in the relationship they have). ANYWAY, HOW HILARIOUS IS TAKANE’S REACTION HERE?! The way he raises his hands but then lets them fall in the midmotion because of the the sheer frustration he is feeling at the moment, even looking upwards as if he was asking the heavens for patience, but it looks like heavens didn’t hear him becuase he fails epicly! So all that pent-up jealousy finally explodes and he goes ballistic! LOL! 

tumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo1_400.pngtumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo5_400.png

“You are a loose woman! How can you go so readily to a man’s home?!

Well, you didn’t mind her going readily to yours!

T:”Be shameful of what you did.” J:”But nothing happened!” T:”That’s not the problem here! I won’t forgive you if you will stay in a room with another man.”

It’s a very similar reaction to the one Takane had after he saw Mishima kissing her at the Halloween party. Junko asks him embarrassingly why he is talking about it in a place like this, in front of all the people, and adds in a small voice that she didn’t want to argue with him today - MY FEELS! So for her IT’S BEEN A DATE! They pretty much blame each other for starting the argument until Takane says THIS:

T:“Anyway, you do not realize how attractive other men find you! Just by seeing your eyes and smile they become completely bewitched by you!”

J:”What is that supposed to mean?!”

T:”Please, become aware how cute you are!!!”

J:”Are you angry or are you paying me a compliment?!”

T:”I’m paying you a compliment!”

J:”Well, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!”

tumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo6_400.png

And the whole queue goes completely awwww and with them pretty much every shipper of this awesome OTP! I love that even during the times when he is livid with jealousy Takane says the most swoonworthy things ever!

tumblr_nyc3p01eP31s8t96qo10_540.png

I spy with my little eye…that Yamashita Tomohisa and Ishihara Satomi spend time together even when the cameras stop rolling. We should call this “From 9 to Dawn” ;-).

IT’S A COMPLIMENT 

It's ok. Thanks anyway! Love all your posts. I also follow you on tumblr! 

Btw, I found this on twitter: 

CU5wY1LUwAAqn8w.jpg

and read that they were waiting for taxi.

IT’S A COMPLIMENT 

It's ok. Thanks anyway! Love all your posts. I also follow you on tumblr! 

Btw, I found this on twitter: 

and read that they were waiting for taxi.

OK now you are both making my shipper heart go into overdrivecrazy-monkey-emoticon-201.gif They just make such a great couple on screen, I would love, love. love to see them be an off screen couple.

Just finished watching the episode 7!!! I really loved it!crazy monkey

It seems that Amane envies his big brother for many thingsdevil pink mouse: he was the one who could remember his father, he got his grandmother's affections, he would become the high priest of this temple. When he met the KAori, the fiance his grandmother had chosen for Tanake, he decided to have her as well. Finally, Tanake would always win against him.panda 23

But this shows that Amane has never seen Tanake's life from another perspective: the huge expectation from his grandmother, the fact he never had the choice to do what he wanted, the high responsability and burden to act like a father, when you're just a little boy. 

So now, he is happy because he has tricked his big brother. I bet, he will be surprised that Tanake isn't mad at him and will live happily with Junko. I am expecting tha at some point, he will target Junko too. First, he will think that the temple and the fiance are enough to torment Tanake, but it won't bother Tanake too much.

On the other hand, as time passes on, the grandmother will realise that the temple can't be led by Amane!

Junko is not only the right bride for Tanake, she is the missing element in the temple. When she was there, the monks would all smile and enjoy life, even if it wasn't that perfect. The lack of love is the source of the jealousy coming from Amane. Amane is mistaking Tanake's privileges with love. But like him, Tanake was starving from the lack of love as well.cute-rabbit-emoticon-06.gif?1301940529

I laughed so hard during the entire episode 7. Loved the way Takane wiggled his fingers while having his hands up in class, the way Junko said "thank you very much" at the end of their fight, the crabs, the CDs, the anniversaries, the way Takane delivered the cheesiest lines while keeping a straight face, etc.

Takane is definitely going down as one of the most memorable male leads for me in 2015. He and Junko make the cutest OTP. This drama is hands down the funniest I have watched this year! I hope the remaining episodes are just as good.

THE CAT, THE RAT, THE SAGITTARIUS AND THE LIBRA

“Today is the luckiest day for Libra. Especially regarding romance. The lucky person for you is Sagittarius. That person is taciturn, has short, black hair and wears Japanese clothes. He is the one with whom you have the best compability.”

The writer has been doing a brilliant job the whole drama long and as we are nearing the climax it appears he has even upped the ante! It’s as if the the individual puzzle pieces he gave us slowly began to form the whole picture. I’m in awe how much thought and work he’s invested into this story and even more I admire his vision and the way he manages to realize it with the help of the PD and the amazing cast. Everything is logically connected and intertwined, yet in a very subtle and almost seamless way that you barely even notice it, and it is episode 8 which makes you realize how much. 

tumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo1_400.pngtumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo10_400.png

The fact that Takane was born on 23.11.1985 is poignant for so many reasons - he shares birthday with Junko’s sister which makes him even more connected to her and her family; it makes you realizes that for a whole one month he was the same age as Junko; THE FACT THAT HER LUCKIEST DAY IS LITERALLY THE DAY TAKANE WAS BORN - THE FEEEEEELS!; and that he is a Sagittarius and an Ox while Junko is a Libra and a Tiger. There is so much symbolism regarding the Zodiacs here, because the writer combines both of them - the western and the Chinese - the modern and the traditional just like Junko and Takane! Just look how brilliantly thought-out these characters truly are - Sagittaurians are truth-seekers, interested in Philosophy and religion, straighthfoward, philosophical, large-hearted and intellectual, while Libras are very social but undecisive and avoid confrontation. On the other hand in the Chinese Zodiac, the Ox and the Tiger are the 2nd and 3rd signs respectively (they follow after the Rat) and they have a great compability together despite being the complete opposites personality-wise as long as they don’t want to change each other. And this was all was implied since the first episode and has stayed consistent throughout the whoel drama!

tumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo2_400.pngtumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo3_400.png

Now, about the Rat and the Cat. As you might know the Chinese Zodiac, just like the Western one, has only 12 signs and the Cat isn’t one of them while the Rat is the first sign of the whole Zodiac. It is the story about which Amane talked with Sankyuu and it is also the story which Takane used to tell him when they were young (as Amane mentions in their conversation):

The Jade Emperor ordered that animals would be designated as calendar signs and the twelve that arrived first would be selected. At that time, the cat and the rat were good friends and neighbors. When they heard of this news, the cat said to the rat: ‘We should arrive early to sign up, but I usually get up late.’ The rat then promised to awaken his friend and go together. However, on the morning when he got up, he was too excited to recall his promise, and went directly to the gathering place. On the way, he encountered the tiger, ox, horse, and other animals that ran much faster. In order not to fall behind them, he thought up a good idea. He made the straightforward ox carry him on condition that he sang for the ox. At last, the ox and him arrived first. The ox was happy thinking that he would be the first sign of the years, but the rat had already slid in front, and became the first lucky animal of the Chinese zodiac. Meanwhile his neighbor the cat was too late so when it finally arrived, the selection was over.That’s why other animals appear behind the little rat and why the cat hates the rat so much that every time they meet, the cat will chase and kill it. 

Amane isn’t a Rat in the Chinese Zodiac considering he is 23 years old and that would mean he was born probably in 1992, but his age reveals a much more important thing - he was a mere baby when his parents died and he never had the chance to know them, which explains why he became the man he is today it, though it doesn’t justify it. He and Takane share a similar fate of orphans but it isn’t the same - their conversation reveals a lot. Chess is a game of wit, shrewedness and intelligent and it’s a game they played when they were younger (notice the fact Takane has the white figures while Amane has the black ones). Takane remarks that his brother’s playing style resembles that of their father but Amane counters that is his Takane’s playing style since he was the one who taught him to play the game in the first place just like he taught him crayfish fishing and how to ride a bicycle. Takane has been both a father and older-brother figure for him but it’s clear Amane is suffering from a mix of various inferiority complexes  - like father c. or older brother c. - which drives him to surpass his father/older brother like men are wont to do but  it’s intensified by the reason why he seems to hate Takane so much - Takane knew their parents, he had their love, he has memories of them but Amane has none and I suspect he wants to make Takane pay for this injustice.

tumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo4_400.pngtumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo5_400.png

Takane wins this game and contradicts Amane’s assumption that he has to choose Junko or the temple - HE IS GOING TO MARRY JUNKO AND TAKE THE TEMPLE AS WELL. His younger brother says he is happy that Takane has finally found a woman he loves and that he will support him and Takane gives him a grateful and gentle smimle. BUT WE HAVE ALREADY LEARNED THAT NEITHER THE CAT NOR THE OX SHOULD TRUST THE PROMISES OF THE RAT!

tumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo7_400.pngtumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo6_400.pngtumblr_nydvyjbZpM1s8t96qo8_1280.png

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/134069363969/the-cat-the-rat-the-sagittarius-and-the-libra

:sweatingbullets:Gosh, I drag another innocent friend to watch this drama and she immediately got hooked to it, she even cried while watching.:lol:She is not a dorama or k-drama watcher but once she saw the 1st episode she just loves the otp n storyline. I'm so happy I got another friend to talk abt this drama now other than my daughter, yay!:D:P

Archived