[Drama 2015] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made (From Five To Nine) 5時から9時まで

Guest ororomunroe

On 12/4/2015, 5:59:20, briseis said:

THE ALMOST KISS COUPLE

If I should summarize episode 8 in just one sentence it would be this one:”Everybody kisses…except the OTP, of course.” There is a small but lovely 5-9 thread on Soompi, a platform that is mostly used for kdramas, and few weeks ago someone asked whether this OTP already had its nickname. I know it isn’t exatcly original, but when I think about these two THE ALMOST KISS COUPLE  just sounds so apt, even though ironical because no other couple in the history of shipping has ever tried more often or harder!

I don’t know if Junko’s dad is so hapless or desperately trying to protect his daughter, though I highly doubt it’s the second option, since he was more than happy to move Takane into her room. Either way, he’s been their biggest cockblocker so far. LOL! Takane wants to resume where they stopped the moment he leaves but Junko says it’s impossible since it’s her parent’s house and Takane resignedly agrees. THAT’S WHY THE WHOLE FANDOM KEEPS TELLING BEGGING YOU TO RETURN TO THAT LOVE HOTEL AND FINISH WHT YOU STARTED, FOR CHRIST’S SAKE! On a side note, it’s awesome how with the heart-forming blankets they look as if they were sleeping in the same bed.

The next morning Takane finds himself in the middle of a family crisis - his future mother-in-law has run away from home, leaving a message that she needs a time off from the marriage - or at least he thinks so. It turns out this is an recurring event in the Sakuraba family and she went to her father in Saitama. Still Takane is clearly unused to such bahaviour and wonders whether they shouldn’t call the police (to find her - I suspect he would have done that if Junko ever tried to run away from him), Junko assures him it’s normal occurance between her parents.  Far more important is the fact, that the last night meant another progress for our OTP, as Junko is now finally wearing her half of their couple merchandise, and so is Takane - it’s HANTEN ( a traditional Japanese winter jacket) but instead of the typical family crest it bears their initials!

Awww, Takane practicing Junko’s name again and doing the laundry in his handmade couple apron - I guess the previous one didn’t have enough frills for his taste and lacked the neccessary couple photo and the proclamation of his eternal love for Junko, and in English so even foreigners could understand it! THE JERSEY FETISH! THE PERFECTION OF THIS SHOW KNOWS NO BOUNDS!

There's an interview w/ Director 平野真  published on 11/30.  Director 平野 revealed they planned the Almost Kisses plot since the very beginning (from episode 1). Although the production team had discussed on this and decided to let the OTP successfully kiss in the final episode, the script after episode 9 actually hasn't confirmed yet. The director added he's inclined NOT to let these two successfully kiss in between episodes. He personally will never let these two kiss until the last episode. (I personally hate this director!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P )

Here's the link for the article  http://dogatch.jp/news/cx/36469

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@laura1997, thank you for the info about the article I will write about it on my blog so more people learn about it :-)

THE DARK CLOUDS GATHER

Just as Junko and Takane finally find happiness in each other’s arms, there are forces who work against them to undermine and separate them.

“Takane and I live in a complete different world than you. And no matter how hard you try(work), I will never accept you as Takane’s bride. Leave Takane.” 

tumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo6_250.pngtumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo3_250.png

The saddest thing about it is that it’s Takane’s own family who is their greatest enemy. It’s heartbreaking to watch the sheer contempt with which his grandmother treats Junko, as she was the lowest being on Earth. Telling her in no vague terms that she is not Takane’s equal, that she is not worthy of him, not worthy of his love. How can she hate and constantly humilliate the woman her grandson loves above everything else? How can she deny him to be finally happy after he has spend his whole life sacrificing everything for her and the Temple? 

tumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo8_540.png

It’s even more profound now, after we’ve been given the final puzzle piece to Takane’s story that makes us understand what the Temple means to him. Something we’ve always suspected, but only now have we realize the full extent of his loyalty and capacity for love and how deeply he’s been hurt by the loss of his parents - the Temple is a symbol for them and he has spend his whole life living for them, making them proud, talking to them each day. For them he always got full scores, for them he won the foot race at the athletic meeting, for them he was so happy when he finished his coming-of-age ceremony. Only after meeting Junko 2 months ago, when she almost killed him with that urn, for the first time he began to fight to make his own happiness. Hibari’s disapproval of Junko is only one part of the hurt his family has caused him, now his younger brothes is trying to literally destroy everything Takane loves, everything he has left of their parents, everything he has nurtured his whole life.

tumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo7_250.pngtumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo9_250.png

The last straw is that even Terada is ready to sacrifice Takane’s happiness for the temple and begs Junko to leave him. Poor Takane! He really NEEDS JUNKO SO MUCH so there is finally someone who would put him first.

“I won’t give up Junko nor the Temple.”

I love this, I love that he won’t give up neither, that he won’t let himself be forced to make a choice between his parents and Junko. And it makes so much sense why he won’t give them up no matter what - because there is no one else in the entire world who deserves them more than he does, because NO ONE ELSE WOULD EVER LOVE THEM, CHERISH THEM AND PROTECT THEM AS MUCH AS HE DOES!

tumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo2_250.pngtumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo5_250.png

“He was kicked out of the temple?! Why haven’t he told me?” - Junko

“You know that she is going to abandon her dream of going to New York, don’t you? If you ever make her cry I will steal her away from you.” - Kiyomiya

The reason why I’ve decided to change the order of the scenes while recapping today is to illustrate the parallels between them and how crucial they are, putting them into perspective of the direction and development of the OTP story. There is only so much time Junko and Takane can live in their personalized shippers heaven before the reality intrudes and they realize how much the other is sacrificing out of love. How much can they bear to watch the person they love the most as he/she suffers? If love is the most selfish feeling in the world, can they be selfish enough to stand against their enemies and never let go each other no matter how much it will hurt in the end.

tumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo4_250.pngtumblr_nyr4irdVg51s8t96qo1_250.png

WHEN THE WORLDS COLLIDE

OMFG! THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS AND FUCTIONAL! I want to cocoon them and protect them so nothing could ever hurt them! It’s palpable how much Hibari’s words hurt Junko, it was almost as if her heart shattered in the moment she heard that she can never be with Takane, that she should let him go just when she’s just found him and the courage to love him. Those words still haunt her even when she is with him now, and the differences between them that have always been there, appear to her more pronounced than ever before. He comes from a world where he is like the brightest of stars, the high priest of a famous temple, he is pretty much like royalty, a man who is eating his first cup of ramen noodles ever, WITH HER. To her he must  seem almost unreachable - this man who has entered her world without asking, pursued her with so much determination, never given up on her no matter how much she hurt him or forced him away, and who in the end has stolen her heart so completely. This man who immediately notices how crestfallen she is and begs her to tell him so he can help her in that heartfelt baritone, velvet voice of his full of concern for her. He is killing her with his kindness and love and the threat and fear of losing him makes her realize how dear he is too her. It is as if the mere thought of not being with him, makes her want to touch him, to make sure he is there.

tumblr_nyr54nEnPs1s8t96qo3_540.png

MY FEELS! SHE INSTINCTIVELY LEANS HER HEAD ON HIS CHEST PLACING IT DIRECTLY ON HIS HEART SEEKING COMFORT IN HIS PRESENCE AND HIS TOUCH! This is pretty much romance novel stuff and the very reason why I love this show so freaking much! It’s competely wordless, as if they didn’t need them because they understand each other without them, as if touch was enough. AWWW, THE WAY TAKANE CALLS HER NAME, LOOKS AT HER WITH SO MUCH LOVE AND LOWERS HIS HEAD TO KISS HER AS IF IT WAS THE MOST NATURAL THING IN THE WORLD…

tumblr_nyr54nEnPs1s8t96qo8_540.pngtumblr_nyr54nEnPs1s8t96qo6_540.png

IN YOUR EMBRACE

tumblr_nyr5bq1GRS1s8t96qo1_250.pngtumblr_nyr5bq1GRS1s8t96qo2_250.pngtumblr_nyr5bq1GRS1s8t96qo8_500.png

HA! Even the household appliances are against them! But seriously, from a statistically point of view what is the probability that a kiss would be thwarted 11 TIMES (dreams included) AND COUNTING?!! Has anyone in this show heard about the phrase “third time is the charm”?! From the way things look right now, probably NOT! The OTP’s kiss conversion percentage has fallen to an all-time low in episode 8 with 4 ALMOST-KISSES, BUT I LOVE THAT DESPITE ALL THE EPIC FAILURES THEY ARE STILL SOLDIERING ON LIKE TROOPERS HERE, GOING IMMEDIATELY FOR A SECOND ATTEMPT…ONLY TO BE THWARTED YET AGAIN!Actually, someone wrote to me weeks ago, I think it was @flohon, who wondered whether the lack of OTP kisses isn’t due to some stipulation that IS won’t do a kiss in this drama. I still think it isn’t true but looking back at her previous shows I think it might be possible that she can have a demand in her contract that she would do ONLY ONE KISS per drama. It’s a pure, baseless speculation on my part, but if it’s true then the writer is actually brilliant at finding a loophole and getting us as many OTP moments as possible, becausefrankly I can’t remember a jdrama OTP that would touch and caress so much as Junko and Takane and their almost-kisses are so raw and heartfelt and charged with longing and emotions it’s as if they have already kissed 1000 times.

tumblr_nyr5bq1GRS1s8t96qo5_250.pngtumblr_nyr5bq1GRS1s8t96qo9_250.png

“Just hold me like this for a little longer.”

Awww, those little smiles full of understanding they exchange AND THAT EMBRACE!

tumblr_nyr5bq1GRS1s8t96qo7_500.png

THE MUFFLER COUPLE

tumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo1_500.png

tumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo2_250.pngtumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo3_250.png

THE CUTEST THING EVER! One of the zillions things I love about this show is how with each moment Junko spends with Takane, she gradually falls more and more in love with him until a point where her love for him becomes irrevocable and just as deep and intense as his for her. Each time Takane manages to overcome another of her defences, doubts and inhibitions. Just like now, after that heartfet moment the previous night Junko makes the next step and goes out wearing her couple muffler so that now pretty much everyone can see whose girlfriend she is. And even though she is shy about it, it’s obvious how happy she is. Their neighbour shippers squad thinks it’s basically a done deal now  and the wedding is afoot, so they begin to congratulate them and the lady even tells them to think about getting a stroller which Takane notes with interest! LOL! I was half-expecting that he would pull out that trusty black notebook of his and write it down for future reference!

tumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo5_250.pngtumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo10_250.png

MY FEELS! The way Takane used his both hands to touch her! They are so epic together and blissfully happy! Though, I don’t know if it’s just me but the moment I saw him waving her goodbye my heart sunk in premonition that this is one of the last few happy OTP moments before it will go all down the drain in episode 9.

tumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo8_250.pngtumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo9_250.pngtumblr_nyr5gss6fk1s8t96qo6_500.png

THE CHOICE

It’s a sequence without any words but it’s perhaps one of the most crucial moments of the entire drama, where Takane and Junko ruminate and decide the future of their relationship. The whole feeling of importance is enhanced by the parallel way it was filmed which is very apt because they both face the same choice - Am I selfish enough to hold onto this person no matter how much it will cost her/him to stay by my side? Or should I become a selfless, noble idiot and break both our hearts?

tumblr_nyr4rhIsAM1s8t96qo2_250.pngtumblr_nyr4rhIsAM1s8t96qo5_250.png

Their dilemna poses the old-age question - Does love really conquer all? Is love stronger than the expectations of society and our own ambitions? I’ve seen hundreds of romantic Asian dramas but what particularly gets me about this one is that when it is all said and done, the main problem isn’t the social divide between them but how much can they compromise their own aspirations, expectations, ambitions and dreams in order to stay together. 

tumblr_nyr4rhIsAM1s8t96qo3_500.pngtumblr_nyr4rhIsAM1s8t96qo6_500.png

Junko can never be the traditional temple wife and Takane knows it better than anyone else, that’s why Kiyomiya’s words affect him so much - he is aware of Junko’s dream. He knows because he saw how much she strived to achieve it because he was there the whole time, silently and secretly supporting her and helping her despite the fact, that fulfilling that dream would mean losing her. So of course, he knows because he is the person who cares the most about her dreams and happiness. On the other hand, Junko has always known that Takane isn’t an ordinary man and becoming his lover and bride would irrevocably change her life. So in the end it comes down to the same question and they both have already made their choice.

tumblr_nyr4rhIsAM1s8t96qo4_250.pngtumblr_nyr4rhIsAM1s8t96qo1_250.png

THE HEART HAS REASONS THE REASON CANNOT KNOW

tumblr_nyr62ad3AU1s8t96qo6_500.png

I’ve chosen this quote because it so aptly and perfectly encompasses everything about love and that there is indeed logic and meaning in emotions even if the brain can’t see it. It explains Junko’s and Takane’s choice to stay together, even if the prudent and expected choice would be for them to break up since both have bright futures ahead of them. The society today overrrates the importance of professional success and achievement while the things that are truly important get lost and forgotten. 

tumblr_nyr62ad3AU1s8t96qo7_250.pngtumblr_nyr62ad3AU1s8t96qo8_250.png

If this was any other drama this would be the moment where Junko would break Takane’s heart, breaking under the pressure and driving him away for both their goods, but instead she decides to be selfish just as he is, proving she’s grown to love him as much as he loves her. She immediately confronts him about his expulsion from the Temple, asking why he hid it from her. And when he tells her he didn’t want to make her worried, she admonishes him and begs him to worry her since they are going out and she IS WORRIED ABOUT HIM. I love this because you can see how much she wants to be an integral part of his life, how much she wants to help him and how much she wants him to trust her and believe in her enough to tell her everything; because she WANTS TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM BECAUSE THERE IS NO PLACE FOR SECRETS BETWEEN THEM. So she tells him about his grandmother’s visit, how she told her they are from different worlds and in that moment you can see how afraid Takane becomes as he interrupts her and begs her with so much urgency to stop talking like that, that he won’t ever let her go no matter what happens. His eyes are silently pleading with her not to do this, not to do this to them, not to break his heart, not to let go of him as well. However, the moment she tells him she doesn’t want to deprive him of the Temple, the place which holds so many memories of his parents, it’s as if all fight gets out of him and with it all hope, because he senses the finality in her words and realizes that her minds is already set and no matter what he will say or do won’t change her decision. The most heartbreaking thing is that in that very moment you realize that while he would have fought the whole world, even the Buddha himself, if they tried to separate them, IF IT’S HER CHOICE HE WOULD LET HER GO, if it’s what she wanted. He wouldn’t bind her to himself by force and would set her free (it feels almost like a premonition). He is pretty much resigned and braces himself for the inevitable and final rejection.

tumblr_nyr62ad3AU1s8t96qo1_500.pngtumblr_nyr62ad3AU1s8t96qo3_500.png

“Please, forgive me, I...love you. No matter what I do (helplessly), I love you. That’s why I won’t break up with you. Please, forgive me.”

OMFG! YES! Her revelation shocks him and there is a flicker of so many emotions in his eyes - confusion, utter disbelief, elation and fulfillment. I love this so freaking much because in the end it’s the prospect of losing Takane that drives Junko to hold onto him and never let go him go. She is visibly afraid of what will come but letting him go isn’t an option to her. It shows how different she is from the woman we’ve met in episode 1, the woman who was trying to find any excuse not to be with him, not to become his lover and bride. However, here she is having the best excuse possible knowing he wouldn’t protest, but instead of taking advantage of it she is determined not to let go. She’s has changed and it was Takane and her love for him which have made her stronger, transformed her and gave her the strength to fight for their love and future. He has given her the courage not to run away because losing him would break her. The possibility of losing someone puts many things into perspective and makes us see the things which are truly important. 

tumblr_nyr62ad3AU1s8t96qo9_250.pngtumblr_nyr62ad3AU1s8t96qo2_250.png

Hi  to everyone in this thread.. I'm in EP4 already.

I admired Briseis for posting a Summary which help me a lot understand more the drama per episode. I guess Junko has several admirer but each one of them is very hesitant to confess their feelings towards her. But Takane who is a monk is very courageous to tell her that he loves her and did anything to show his love to her. 

I just would like to know if a monk can marry?  I thought they are not allowed to marry.

@briseis, Thank you so much for these recaps:wub: I was so afraid that Junko was going to be the the noble idiot. When I watched the raw, to the point I've been a little leery of reading recaps about that scene. OMG she's sorry because she won't leave him, this is truly the stuff of romance novels. That they both choose their love for each other over how it affects every one around them just makes me swoon over this OTP.  I'm so happy that up to this point, this mad chemistry between IS and YT is not being wasted by the classic I love you but...that I see in 99% of dramas. 

@bebebisous33, I'm so happy that Amane is going after the temple and not Junko. I was thinking along those lines too. I'm so attached to our Almost Kiss Couple that I'm not ready for any couple angst.  #Ivefallenhardforthealmostkissedcouple

@fidda868, I love that mv. The other night I was looking for some made for this drama. Thank you,  (I had forgotten that you made great one's for SWP) I hope you post more here or don't mind if I do.

@Sarang21  I didn't know you were watching this drama please join us.

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

@briseis, Thank you so much for these recaps:wub: I was so afraid that Junko was going to be the the noble idiot. When I watched the raw, to the point I've been a little leery of reading recaps about that scene. OMG she's sorry because she won't leave him, this is truly the stuff of romance novels. That they both choose their love for each other over how it affects every one around them just makes me swoon over this OTP.  I'm so happy that up to this point, this mad chemistry between IS and YT is not being wasted by the classic I love you but...that I see in 99% of dramas. 

@bebebisous33, I'm so happy that Amane is going after the temple and not Junko. I was thinking along those lines too. I'm so attached to our Almost Kiss Couple that I'm not ready for any couple angst.  #Ivefallenhardforthealmostkissedcouple

@evie7 Their chemistry is truly out of this world and I'm so happy that both writer and the PD know how to sell it and give us so many delicious OTP moments! I'm afraid Takane will become the "noble idiot" in the next episode, driving Junko away after he sees how much she is suffering in the temple. Though, honestly I'm not sure whether we can call it noble idiocy ini his case because what can he do when his grandmother is hellbent on tormening Junko as long as she is with him (regardless whether he marries her or not). The traditional temple bride problem/obstacle has always been present in the story from day 1 and I'm really curious how they are going to deal with it.

THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS

tumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo2_500.png

“So you’ve finally told me you love me. I won’t break up with you, too, no matter what.”

tumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo4_250.pngtumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo5_250.png

THEY SLAY ME! Everything about their emotions and the way they express them to each other is so raw and visceral. From the day he met Junko months ago, Takane has spend basically each day telling her he won’t ever let he go and proven it hundreds time already when even her most brutal rejections meant to hurt him couldn’t drive him away. Imagine his turbulent feelings now, when she finally loves him so much that she is willing to fight against to world and his own family to be with him. She spent her life protecting her heart, never giving it to anyone in fear they would break it, but to Takane she gives so completely now. After everything they’ve been through, all the misunderstandings and rejections, here she is - on her knees in front of him, sobbing and begging him to forgive her because she loves him too much to let him go! That she is too selfish to let him go because she wants to have him all for herself! He can’t bear it any longer so he swoops her in one of his all-encompassing embraces full of want and longing and then looks at her with so much need and goes for the (almost)kiss! This is the most perfect angst you can get! Here you have two people who are clinging to each other with so much desperation, both literally and figuratively, and are unwilling to let go of each othe despite the consequences and adversity, unwilling to be separated by anyone. 

tumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo1_400.png

And why should they break up? There are always two in a relationship and he wants to stay with her as much as she does. Is her dream of living in NYC more important than being with him? Can she be truly happy without him? If she goes to NY who will embrace her like he would never want to let her go, who would wipe her tears, who would give her flowers, send her love messages, find her in the rain and catch her when she falls? If she goes to NY who will make him smile, call him idiot and celebrate his birthday and hold his hand when he goes to sleep?

tumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo7_500.pngtumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo8_500.png

OMG, I didn't knew that this thread existed! :blink:

This is the most funny and heartfelt drama of this year for me, I love Takane and Junko interactions, they are perfect for each other!

I've been reading @briseis 's insights and found out so many details that I've missed! Thank you, you rock it!! :w00t:

now of I go to read more!

Guest ireumimolla

Our OTP's progression. I absolutely loved the scene at the end of Ep 8 when Junko finally says what Takane has been wanting to hear. Even though they haven't kissed (yet), their chemistry is so undeniable that I find myself not longing for their first onscreen kiss as much as I should be. Kudos to YT and IS! :wub:

tumblr_nyyxsr5ihI1r2z6o5o1_250.giftumblr_nyyxsr5ihI1r2z6o5o2_250.gif

tumblr_nyyxsr5ihI1r2z6o5o3_250.giftumblr_nyyxsr5ihI1r2z6o5o4_250.gif

tumblr_nyyxsr5ihI1r2z6o5o5_250.giftumblr_nyyxsr5ihI1r2z6o5o6_250.gif

http://supersimplysimple.tumblr.com/post/134700658369

I usually don't make gifs but actually started making some for the first time in my life because of this drama... I'm going crazy shipping this pairing!! Goodness me.

Don't know what am to do when this drama ends in a week. 

On another note, it's Monday! I have no Monday blues today because 2 dramas I like are airing tonight LOL.

Guest jennie p
On 12/5/2015, 2:28:10, fidda868 said:

I just finished watching ep.8 with eng sub and its so funny and so sweet..Takane is so adorable and funny...and finally Junko confessed her feeling towards Takane!!! And Takane said he wont break up with her..but then Amane turn up at Junko house and asking for their opinion about his intention to demolish the temple...i'm not sure what will happen in ep.9..i cannot guess it from the ep preview coz it totally gonna be different from what i think..

I made this ep.8 otp fmv a few days ago and hope you gonna enjoy it!

[FMV] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made - OTP Scenes Ep8:

Where did you watch ep 8 with eng sub?

THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS

tumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo2_540.png

“So you’ve finally told me you love me. I won’t break up with you, too, no matter what.”

THEY SLAY ME! Everything about their emotions and the way they express them to each other is so raw and visceral. From the day he met Junko months ago, Takane has spend basically each day telling her he won’t ever let he go and proven it hundreds time already when even her most brutal rejections meant to hurt him couldn’t drive him away. Imagine his turbulent feelings now, when she finally loves him so much that she is willing to fight against to world and his own family to be with him. She spent her life protecting her heart, never giving it to anyone in fear they would break it, but to Takane she gives so completely now. After everything they’ve been through, all the misunderstandings and rejections, here she is - on her knees in front of him, sobbing and begging him to forgive her because she loves him too much to let him go! That she is too selfish to let him go because she wants to have him all for herself! He can’t bear it any longer so he swoops her in one of his all-encompassing embraces full of want and longing and then looks at her with so much need and goes for the (almost)kiss! This is the most perfect angst you can get! Here you have two people who are clinging to each other with so much desperation, both literally and figuratively, and are unwilling to let go of each othe despite the consequences and adversity, unwilling to be separated by anyone. 

tumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo1_400.png

And why should they break up? There are always two in a relationship and he wants to stay with her as much as she does. Is her dream of living in NYC more important than being with him? Can she be truly happy without him? If she goes to NY who will embrace her like he would never want to let her go, who would wipe her tears, who would give her flowers, send her love messages, find her in the rain and catch her when she falls? If she goes to NY who will make him smile, call him idiot and celebrate his birthday and hold his hand when he goes to sleep?

tumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo7_540.pngtumblr_nyr5ufwIhZ1s8t96qo8_540.png

Here's the summary of what I understand of ep9, @bebebisous33

Junko quits her job after deciding to marry Takane and went to the temple to train as a temple wife again and persuade the grandma to accept her slowly. She worked really hard but unfortunately, grandma just brush her off or said something not nice to her. She endured everything for her love while Takane is always by her side looking and coming to her rescue at times but was stopped by Junko so not to make matters worse.It was heartbreaking coz though she tried her best to hide her suffering, Takane was always watching over her and comforts her without much word as he understands what she was going thru for him. In the end during a park date where Junko finally got to wear the shoes Takane bought her and made some food to eat together, Takane arrived with a heavy heart. After thinking deeply over the events that happened during her stay at the temple, he decided that it was best for them to separate for her own sake. He wants her to continue teaching and live her life while he will get married to Kaori as his grandma wishes and continue to be temple Chief Priest. Junko was shocked and cried as she watched Takane leaving and walked blankly to ELA where she was seen by Kiyomiya and he hugged her quietly while she cried on his chest. In ep10 preview, Junko is back home and her family found out about the tragedy that befall their daughter. I'm glad her family is always supporting her and dad became angry to hear the news. I'm sure it will end well coz everyone will be protesting in front of the temple to get them back together again. Junko n Takane are meant for each other. U can just wait for briseis to give better explanation with her posts later on. It was already on her tumblr for ep10 preview, so fast!

Oh God what a heartbreaking episode I am in the mess right now:bawling:

I know that they will broke up but i expected some twist at the end of scene. She finally wear the Jimmy Choo's and brought her homemade food for him! Takane how could youuuuuuu:angry: 

I keep on re-watching the part when Junko hugged Takane before the almost-kiss scene (gosh i lost count how many rounds already) and the part when he pick her up bridal style (again) and lay down next to her, watching her sleep in tears. And also when he embrace her after clean up the mess on her kimono. Gosh so many bitter sweet scenes in this episode. I know it would be a happy ending next week but i cant help but to feel so miserable now. Monday please come faster!!! 

Archived