[Drama 2015] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made (From Five To Nine) 5時から9時まで

Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy, I saw some preview of the final ep from Twitter, they kinda did some flashback of our OTP moment together but there's one part intrigued me. I thought that scene was from ep7 when Junko had this sexy dream with naked Takane on her bed so I re-watched back that part and boy this was totally different scene. In Ep7 Junko was the one who purse her lips but here in the preview it was Takane. He even move his left hand ( while in ep7 he move his right hand and put it on Junko's arm aite?) trying to hug her maybe? So this probably;

1. Unseen scene from Ep7 OR

2. Junko had another sexy dream again OR

3. This time was Takane sexy dream ORRRR

4. Our dream eh Junko dream finally came true :D

I choose no.4 bahahahhahah

Cant wait for final episode! Two days to go!:wub:

2 hours ago, momakas said:

Guy, I saw some preview of the final ep from Twitter, they kinda did some flashback of our OTP moment together but there's one part intrigued me. I thought that scene was from ep7 when Junko had this sexy dream with naked Takane on her bed so I re-watched back that part and boy this was totally different scene. In Ep7 Junko was the one who purse her lips but here in the preview it was Takane. He even move his left hand ( while in ep7 he move his right hand and put it on Junko's arm aite?) trying to hug her maybe? So this probably;

1. Unseen scene from Ep7 OR

2. Junko had another sexy dream again OR

3. This time was Takane sexy dream ORRRR

4. Our dream eh Junko dream finally came true :D

I choose no.4 bahahahhahah

Cant wait for final episode! Two days to go!:wub:

I choose #4 too!  Where did you find it on twitter? I saw one that fuji tv posted on their site but there was not a naked Takane in sight.  I haven't had the heart to watch ep 9 raw yet but @fidda868 Thanks for the ep 9 mv:heart: There really are many sweet couple scenes and thanks for translation of the last scene. I just really can't help tearing up.

@briseis, I started to think about the couple angst you had posted about. It's been so long since I've experienced it in a drama or even on my American soaps (there is no couple angst any more just kissing and then bed scenes. It's a shame there is no romance being shown in my country. That's why I started to watch Asian dramas) I had forgotten about it. Our almost kissed couple has reintroduced it to me. Just those looks they give each other, those wonderful hugs, I just turn into a lovesick fool for themin-love-cute-cat-emoticon.gif

It is almost impossible to find any pics of Yamapi for this drama except on tumblr from our tumblr contributors that participate here. I did find a You Tube FMV called 'Yamashita Tomohisa Dangerous Angel' but since it nothing to do with this drama, my PG13 is a little more lenient  than our mods, and I had no idea our leading can dance so well and so suggestive you can just search for it by the title.crazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif

Guest ireumimolla

Found this on YT. Preview that is a little different (?) from what they showed at the end of Ep 9.

I'm torn I can't wait for Ep 10 but I don't want this drama to end as well cos it's so short! I'm too used to the format of kdramas of at least 16 60-min episodes... :bawling:

We'd better get a super swoon-worthy kiss by our OTP in the last episode after so many almost-kisses else I will flip!!!

I'm sorry I haven't reposted anything in the last couple of days but Soompi just didn't allow me to log in. I loved Vanilla and I hate this new platform where in a week I have to deal with more technical problems than I had during all those years Soompi was on Vanilla. What's more today start my credit week so I've bee studying liike crazy. So again sorry for the lack of reposts. On my blog you can find more BTS photos and stills from episode 10 - I'm sorry it's almost 2am here and I'm too tired to repost them all.

ISHIHARA SATOMI AND YAMASHITA TOMOHISA PROMOTE THE FINAL EPISODE OF 5→9 ON THE FUJI TV MORNING SHOW, INCLUDING THE LAST ENGLISH LESSON AND THE ANIMATED SPECIAL 

tumblr_nzbmj7noW21s8t96qo1_540.png

tumblr_nzbmj7noW21s8t96qo3_540.png

“Final episode. Your eyes will be glued to the screen.”

I don’t doubt it! This is sheer cuteness overload! These two were destined to be an OTP!!! How else to explain their epic and explosive chemistry?! By the way, have I already mentioned how hard I ship them in RL?

tumblr_nzbmj7noW21s8t96qo5_540.pngtumblr_nzbmj7noW21s8t96qo6_540.pngtumblr_nzbmj7noW21s8t96qo7_540.png

Waahhhhh...thanks @briseis for the interview link..they are soooooo cute!!! and they even avoid an eye contact with each other...Something's fishy going on..LOL...i ship them so hard in RL!! Can't get enough of their chemistry!!

It's soooo hard to let them go! I wish there will be SP episode but it's impossible to happen right!?:(

So this is my first time writing in this forum or any forum on Soompi lol, but here's another video of them today. I don't really understand much but Satomi-chan says he likes to hum a lot and towards the end you see clips of the final episode that weren't in the preview. They look really cute together. https://youtu.be/852wACp62RI

Guest ireumimolla

Any kind soul here can PM me any link for live stream for tonight's final episode? I've gotten very desperate. This is the first time I've ever wanted to livestream a Japanese drama  :confounded:

I just want some fluff at the end before this drama ends... If not they better give us a SP! :heart:

nTOUV5t.jpg

THE TEMPLE CINDERELLA

tumblr_nz2cdl2Wfp1s8t96qo2_540.png

If anyone still doubted the depth of Junko’s love for Takane and the lengths she would go to be with him, this moment must have persuaded even the biggest sceptics. What other feeling makes a woman sacrifices all her pride and dignity in front of someone so readily and publicly, not out of respect or responsibility but to be with the person she loves the most? It’s both symbolic and gutting to watch Junko demeaning herself like this because it’s been one of the stories of her life, hasn’t it? Cowering in front of the powerful. Just like with the snobby, disgruntled ELA client in episode when she swallowed her pride and endured it for the sake of the school and her co-workers, but this takes it to a completely new level because she completely forsakes her pride. Lowering her head, begging the very woman who loathes her so much and everything about her to change her mind and allow her to marry Takane, the grandson who by contrast loves everything about her.

tumblr_nz2cdl2Wfp1s8t96qo6_400.pngtumblr_nz2cdl2Wfp1s8t96qo4_400.png

It’s really hard to imagine a man who would be worth going to one’s knees, but Takane keeps proving that he is that man because without a second of hesitation he rushes to her side and gets on his knees beside her. He can’t bear to watch his lover humiliating herself like this and tries to make her stand up, because in his eyes she should never do this, not for him, not for anyone, since in his eyes not only is she equal to his grandmother, in many ways she is her superior. He also immediately realizes that Junko has just entered the hell, giving his grandmother the perfect excuse to torment her, and that he won’t be able to do anything to stop this because  she entered it willingly.

tumblr_nz2cdl2Wfp1s8t96qo5_400.pngtumblr_nz2cdl2Wfp1s8t96qo7_400.png

Of course, he is right - no matter how much Junko tries, no matter how hard she works, it’s never enough for Hibari (the colour of the fabrics she buys doesn’t fit the season) and there is always more for her to do.

What I like about Junko is that she tends to ovethink, hesitate and have a lot of doubts and insecurities, particularly regarding her potential relationship with Takane, however, once she makes a decision she sticks to it, to him, come hell or high water, no matter how tough it gets.

tumblr_nz2cdl2Wfp1s8t96qo9_400.pngtumblr_nz2cdl2Wfp1s8t96qo3_400.png

THE THWARTED ELOPEMENT

Forget about princes! Only the hottest monk in Japan will do for this Cinderella! He arrives to Junko’s rescue just when she finally manages to catch a break late in the night, physically destroyed after the day full of all the exhausting work Hibari  put her through. Takane comes rushing to their her room, exasperated and outraged at the horrendous, exploitative treament from his grandmother.

tumblr_nz2cjgJeNl1s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_nz2cjgJeNl1s8t96qo4_400.png

“I will not tolerate it! Sweeping the Great Hall and cleaning the tombs and the gate from the early morning!”

He simply can’t bear to watch any longer how she’s been constantly and deliberately tormented, so he suggest the only reasonable thing a man can do in such an impossible situation - ELOPEMENT!!! HELL YES! PLEASE, PLEASE, do IT! Throw her over your shoulder, put her on that jet plane of yours and check into some remote love hotel somewhere in Hokkaido! And don’t dare to come back without a monk baby! Like I said he is totally reading romance novels (as a study referential material, of course, because how else could he possibly be so dreamy and perfect at this courtship and proclaiming-eternal-love business?!) and he was totally listening and mentally noting the possibility when Junko’s family mentioned it.

tumblr_nz2cjgJeNl1s8t96qo7_540.png

”If you stay here any longer your smile will disappear. The reason I want to marry you is because I want to make you happy. And when the person I care suffering so much, then I will...”

And making her a slave was never part of the bargain so he is pretty much ready to forget the temple and live with her somewhere far away where his grandmother couldn’t hurt her anymore, just the two of them, because it is totally what he’s going to to say next. He is ready to give it all up - his family, his position - FOR HER! And Junko knows it, that’s why she stops him with an embrace before he manages to finish the sentence - she doesn’t want him to give up his home and family for her. So she implores him not to do THAT because she wants him to become the high priest. Her heartfelt entreatment combined with her touch stirs him deeply and he turns to face her, calling her name in that all-encompassing way only he can do, and nods his head in agreement BECAUSE IN THE END OF THE DAY HE CAN’T DENY HER ANYTHING! And Junko knows it because she has already learned that in the end he will always respect her decision no matter what it’ll be and that she only needs to ask.

tumblr_nz2cjgJeNl1s8t96qo9_540.pngtumblr_nz2cjgJeNl1s8t96qo5_540.png

THE MOST SWOONWORTHY THING EVER! The way they look at each other, those little loving smiles and the frustratingly slow way their lips get closer...

On a sidenote, how awesome is it that out of all the things she could have taken with her to the temple, Junko has brought Takane’s couple merchandise?!

tumblr_nz2cjgJeNl1s8t96qo8_540.pngtumblr_nz2cjgJeNl1s8t96qo10_540.png

tumblr_nz68x3RuW01s8t96qo4_540.pngtumblr_nz68x3RuW01s8t96qo1_540.png

THE UNSUITABLE BRIDE

I’m leaving out my reaction to the thwarted kiss because, to be honest, I’ve run out of English words for disappointment and frustration and who can blame me with 12+ almost kisses and counting?! On the bright side, it’s a time to celebrate because this is with the most probability the LAST UNSUCCESSFUL KISS!!!

tumblr_nz2cqwjoR31s8t96qo7_540.png

The good news is that the next day Takane manages to get Junko a day off because he’ll be visiting the temple’s parishioners and his grandmother is going with him. It couldn’t come soon enough! Few more days and Junko would collapse from exhaustion and end up in a hospital with stress disease. Someone should remind Hibari that slavery was abolished in Japan more than 400 years ago! Junko can’t hold her excitement to finally get outside and Takane is happy that he can finally see her smile again after such a long time, which she denies, but the moment he steps outside, she becomes her old, happy self again, calling Momoe, happily chattering about her upcoming visit to ELA. Takane overhears it from the corridor. He is not lingering there because he is interested in the content of their conversation but because he wants to hear her laughter again. What guts me the most is that you can see that deep down Takane has already realized that her happiness doesn’t lie inside the temple since it was the mere realization that she can get out which made her smile and happy again.

tumblr_nz2cqwjoR31s8t96qo8_400.pngtumblr_nz2cqwjoR31s8t96qo9_400.png

On the way to the meetings, Takane again asks Hibari why she can’t accept Junko and she replies because whenever he is with her he always get dragged by her into some trouble/misery. 

And if anyone still needed another proof that Junko’s efforts to make Takane’s grandmother accept and like her have been an exercise in futility here it is - when Junko returns home Hibari gives her a roasting how terribly late she came and how dare she have fun outside when there is dinner to be made. Junko protests that there is still time and that she will immediately prepare it but Hibari informs her that Kaori already prepared it (of course, she did, that epitome of bridal perfection!). Takane comes to Junko’s rescue, admonishing his grandmother that it was HER who gave Junko the permission to leave for the whole day and he is pretty much ready to give HIbari a what-for for daring to treat his lover so unfairly, but Junko stops him before he can do that because she doesn’t want him to argue with his grandmother for her; she doesn’t want to be the reason for a discord in his family.

tumblr_nz2cqwjoR31s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_nz2cqwjoR31s8t96qo10_400.png

THE TRAPPED PRINCESS FROM THE STORAGE ROOM

tumblr_nz2cwv4qv21s8t96qo1_250.pngtumblr_nz2cwv4qv21s8t96qo2_250.png

tumblr_nz2cwv4qv21s8t96qo3_500.png

The moment when Takane silently listens to Junko from behind the doors is both so fitting and symbolic - him watching her from behind the bars, the lock on the door. He spent the better part of the last few months they knew each other to get her there (he literally locked her there against her will the first week they met!), but now when she entered the place willingly he wants nothing else than to get her out of there as fast as possible. It destroys him to see her like this - lying to her family members who think that she is living like a princess while in truth she’s being treated like the lowest slave, supressing her tears, pretending to be happy while she is not. She used to be so cheerful and carefree but now she looks like a bird who’s been locked into a cage and he blames himself for clipping her wings

tumblr_nz2cwv4qv21s8t96qo5_400.pngtumblr_nz2cwv4qv21s8t96qo10_400.png

The matter with Amane later is only the final straw, because the decision to let Junko go is something that Takane’s has been contemplating and heading toward thoughout the whole episode. One of the main breaking points for him was when he learned about Hibari’s illogical hate for Junko, as if watching her humiliate and emotionally hurt his lover wasn’t. enough. It’s here where Takane realizes the hopelessnes of trying to change Hibari’s mind because her dislike of Junko isn’t about some grudge or particularly flaw or mistake she made; his grandmother simply hates her. And it’s impossible to change something like that, no matter how hard Junko tries or strives. It’s even made even more heartbreaking because you realize that it kills Takane’s indomitable belief that his grandmother could one day finally see how amazing Junko is.

tumblr_nz2cwv4qv21s8t96qo8_400.pngtumblr_nz2cwv4qv21s8t96qo4_400.png

LOVING YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP

tumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo1_540.png

There is something beyond intimate about Takane taking care of Junko when she is asleep and at her most vulnerable state, maybe even more so because she doesn’t see it and because she trust him so much that she allows herself to fall asleep in his presence, deep down knowing that he is going take care of her. While she sleep she doesn’t notice the tenderness with which he looks at her, with which he picks her up and tugs her into bed, nor the the tenderness with which he removes her hair from her face - each touch and each gesture being a caress on its own and tenderness at its most raw.

tumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo2_400.pngtumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo3_400.png

tumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo4_400.pngtumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo5_400.png

It’s so soul-stirring and gutting as Takane watches his beloved with such brutal and blatant longing and tenderness. While at the very beginning he had such troubles with expressing them because no one has ever taught him how, now he can now longer hide them even if he tried. It must be such a bittersweet moment for him - on one hand, the happiness and the feeling of completeness to have the woman he loves in his home, falling asleep by his side, and on the other, the hopeless, heartbreaking sadness to see her cry in her sleep (allowing herself to cry only in her sleep so he wouldn’t see her), whereas previous she smiled silly and dreamed of crabs. The only thing Takane has ever wanted was to make her happy, but now he is afraid, afraid  that somewhere along the way he has become the architect of all her tears.

tumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo8_540.png

SHIPPER’S HEAVEN! I don’t know what I love more about this - the way he observes her with so much reverence and so intently as if he wanted to imprint each feature of her face into his memory so no one could ever erase it, the way he lies on the cold floor while she is sleeping on the mat or the way he keeps clutching her hand  in a desperate attempt to cling to her and also as if his mere touch could drive away her tears and nighmares.

tumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo9_400.pngtumblr_nz2d1dOySs1s8t96qo10_400.png

Archived