Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

@bebebisous33  I've always liked your analysis, and if I may I'd like to add something to your post. It is said that the first impression counts. And I think that in her mind, Hae Soo always saw Wang Wook like this:

ml6.jpg

that's why her mind refuse to believe that she has been abandoned by him in her most difficult moment.

• Like 19

If Hae Soo rejects Wang So then what was her reason!?!?!?

Concubine Oh?? If it is then please let Wang So know, I'm sure he'll understand...

• Like 12

1 minute ago, briseis said:

I wouldn't be so quick to take that bit of news like it were the Holy Writ because it's pulled completely out of context and misleading just like the previews. I think that SOO WILL CONFRONT WOOK ABOUT HOW HE ABANDONED HER and that's something completely natural that she would want to hear him directly say it - IT's NECCESSARY FOR HER SO SHE COULD FINALLY LET HIM GO AND MOVE ON. 

@briseis Oh? They have history misleading the previews? Thank god. I'm a happy SoSoo shipper again. :wub: I hope your prediction will become true. HS need closure with Wook and if she confront him about his abandonment we will finally see the end of their romance and preparing HS for another one. :glasses:

ps. I follow you on tumblr, and your posts in this forum and in tumblr really help me to go through SHR withdrawal and I start watching Jang Ok Jung because I surfing throught your old post (It was great BTW.) Thank you :heart:.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, liddi said:

@Mona Ys

Regardless of which version, the solitary double bass that plays the moment Taejo realises it was So, not Moo behind the mask... building up to a fever pitch as the ensemble of strings traces So's singleminded pursuit of the assassins, never fails to give me chills. Please, please let them release the instrumental soundtrack, if possible, even midway through the drama, instead of having to wait to the end.

Yes!!! This one exactly. Ohh your description of that soundtrack is exactly how i feel everytime I hear it. They use it most appropriately in the drama. Please tell me they are gonna release that instrumental bgm. It is Daebak! So atmospheric. It never fails to elevate the scene and specially So's emotional display. I love love love it . This is one thing they do well in the production. 

• Like 11

On 1.10.2016 г. at 10:04 AM, SizzlerZ said:

18 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Concubine Oh?? If it is then please let Wang So know, I'm sure he'll understand...

Ok maybe HS will ask WW did you miss me and when he say yes all the time she say but i don't miss you at all and don't need you hahahaha pls let be this way and is not for WS who i love but for HS because after all of what happen it to miserable.... it's normal to reject WS for now it to soon after all and she know he will be a king she can't tell him the true 

• Like 12

@lavendre @hallyus

I'm gonna cross my fingers and pray to drama gods that IF that translation is true, Hae Soo's "Do you miss me?" to Wook is not in context of

"I still love you, and misses you, how about you?"

but about

"Do you miss me, while I was there in prison you only told me to stay strong, while I was almost hanged and died you were nowhere to be seen, while I was kneeling in the rain you turned your back on me and never look back. Do you even misses me? Do you even love me?"

Sorry for the hyperbole words. Hahaha I hope in the next two episodes, they're gonna wrap up Wang Wook and Hae Soo love arc beautifully and start the foundation of Wang So and Hae Soo love arc. And I agree that Hae Soo won't change her heart easily. With all her heartbreak in recent episode and Wang So suddenly asking her to get married to him, she won't jump in just like that. Like, you just build the foundation, but you already wanted a roof? It's too soon boy! Hahaha

But if it's not happening, I'm gonna decide that this drama is indeed stupid, err.. sorry more like, Hae Soo is indeed stupid, but I'm still going to believe that ost picture with Hae Soo in red and Wang So in black wearing mask kissing. Or that bareback LJK instagram picture with IU in vicinity. Pfftttt

@Lmangla hahahaha I think we're on the same (jokes) wavelength :w00t::w00t::w00t: I agree that orange color and that heavy eyeliner are distracting! How can an evil guy in Sageuk looks like a rock band member? Pfftttt. Hahaha I actually laughed seeing the evil queen wardrobe in episode 11 (forgot which scene, if I'm not wrong it's when she met YH and WW and Queen Hwangbo), like everybody is in turmoil because of Hae Soo's verdict but she looked like she just went back from shopping. I laughed out loud seeing that. Hahahaha

Totally agree with Wang So. And once again I'm LOL-ing because of this

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

sorry again for cutting your post!

if the theme is to celebrate romance and personal growth, then we can get a somewhat happy ending but it will leave rational viewers utterly confused on how this whole time travel-soul switching - premonition thing really works! am keeping fingers crossed to get some major mind-bending absolute-nonsensical science that makes zero sense! hahahah

@ratgirlina omg your post totally made my day! Miserable food lemon us. HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 20

@ck1Oz Annyeong chingu! Have been wanting to ask you for a little while now about why Viki wasn't able to secure a license for MLSHR? Do you happen to know?

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, aypopa said:

Ok maybe HS will ask WW did you miss me and when he say yes all the time she say but i don't miss you at all and don't need you hahahaha pls let be this way and is not for WS who i love but for HS because after all of what happen it to miserable.... it's normal to reject WS for now it to soon after all and she know he will be a king she can't tell him the true 

I hope she says that back to WW as well. I get that she would reject WS but I don't think it would be too soon. I'm pretty sure he proposes after he comes back from the warzone (I think) or maybe Shinju (?) so I think quite some time will pass. I can understand her rejecting him because of him becoming king and the change in history she might cause. 

I don't think I need to worry about this because after all this is Wang So we're talking about, but just to put this out there I hope that Hae Soo's rejection (and the reason she gives him) doesn't make Wang So give Hae Soo up. At first this thought concerned me but then considering the amount of episodes we have left, common k-drama trends and most of Wang So himself made me throw away my worries.  

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, briseis said:

HOWEVER, THIS NOT NOT THE CASE OF MOON LOVERS. They are following the way the relationship developed in the novel and in the drama = keeping faithful to the flow of the original story, keeping faithful to Tong Hua's work. I think that because they changed the historical background so much PEOPLE OFTEN FORGET THAT IT IS STILL AN ADAPTATION OF THE NOVEL - the people who hate HS's prolonged relationship with the 8th Prince obvious don't know that it's exactly what happened in the novel; and changing it would be like completely leaving out Eowyn's infatutation with Aragorn in the LOTR adaptation.

Let's put away all the fancraze about how the drama will end too soon and that there is not enough time to develop the story and look at it objectively. THE NOVEL HAS ONLY SOME 250 PAGES (this is not some epic saga like Tolstoy's, it started as an internet novel)! AND THEY HAVE 20 HOURS TO ADAPT IT. Peter Jackson had only some 8-9 hours to adapt the 1000+ LOTR trilogy.

The cdrama had 35 45-minute episodes = 1575 minutes = 26x60-minute episodes. RX accepted the 4th Princes feelings in episodes 22-23 which is approx. around the 1035-minute mark=17th EPISODE. SO THE KOREAN VERSION IS PERFECTLY ON TIME AND KEEPING TRUE TO THE GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT.

(By the way, I can't believe I just used math to prove my point. I mean this show is making us go completely nuts, I think the comment that perfectly sums this up is the one I received when I wrote about the solar eclipses occuring in the years 941 and 975 and added the NASA link -  "when your otp ending looks so bleak you science your way to a happy ending")

I wouldn't be so quick to take that bit of news like it were the Holy Writ because it's pulled completely out of context and misleading just like the previews. I think that SOO WILL CONFRONT WOOK ABOUT HOW HE ABANDONED HER and that's something completely natural that she would want to hear him directly say it - IT's NECCESSARY FOR HER SO SHE COULD FINALLY LET HIM GO AND MOVE ON (to Wang So :-)). 

I haven't read the novel nor have I seen the chinese version of this drama. But there were so many posts in this therad about them that I almost know what will follow. So, I took my heart in my teeth, waiting for a sad ending. But even so to see the relationship of love between Hae Soo and Wang So developed in just two-three episodes I feel that is not enough for me. I only hope it will be intense and beautiful. Another rejection of her will be hard to bear. And after those episodes I will have to see Hae Soo die. Surely this will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. That doesn't mean that the beauty of this drama will fade for me.

Maybe it's because I love so much this couple.

• Like 18

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I understand why Hae Soo rejects Wang So's proposal. She has many reasons for her refusal:

- Wang Wook had already proposed to her and in the end, she was betrayed

- Lady Oh's death: The court lady had warned her that she was blind and she shouldn't trust the marriage proposal from Wang Wook. Lady Oh's death has such an impact on Hae Soo. She lost her mother and she can't forget that if she had followed lady Oh's advice (leaving the palace), the latter wouldn't have died because of her. So as a sign of respect towards lady Oh, she wants to follow her mother's advice: cut all the ties with the princes.

- She can't trust anyone any longer. This was the second advice from lady Oh. She is following her advice. 

Moreover, if she accepted Wang So's proposal, this would make her look like an easy woman. She needs time to forget Wang Wook. She can't jump to the next ship so quickly!

Exactly. Soo just needs time. Wook hurt her bad. For her to just say yes right after would be bad too, soo need time to heal so she can have a healthy relationship with so. 

• Like 19

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I understand why Hae Soo rejects Wang So's proposal. She has many reasons for her refusal:

- Wang Wook had already proposed to her and in the end, she was betrayed

- Lady Oh's death: The court lady had warned her that she was blind and she shouldn't trust the marriage proposal from Wang Wook. Lady Oh's death has such an impact on Hae Soo. She lost her mother and she can't forget that if she had followed lady Oh's advice (leaving the palace), the latter wouldn't have died because of her. So as a sign of respect towards lady Oh, she wants to follow her mother's advice: cut all the ties with the princes.

- She can't trust anyone any longer. This was the second advice from lady Oh. She is following her advice. 

Moreover, if she accepted Wang So's proposal, this would make her look like an easy woman. She needs time to forget Wang Wook. She can't jump to the next ship so quickly!

You're reasoning actually makes perfect sense. If any of these reasons do happen to be why HS rejects WS then I hope she tells him this. Although I don't think that's going to happen but in my wildest imagination HS will tell WS the reason, WS being WS will continue to patiently pursue her and when WS successfully manages to destroy every possible reason HS has for rejecting him they will secretly live happily ever after in a village defying history. 

• Like 16

54 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I have been reading quietly for sometimes and I have officially abandoned the Soo-So ship since episode 10. Tbh, I don't understand why Wang So has to propose marriage when he is aware of the facts that there are so many things going on in Haesoo's life. Somehow, I miss the reserved Wang So who always look cool. I don't like him doing extreme chasing. He devalues himself when he was so "hard to get" type when the drama started. I would prefer for the drama to progress with Haesoo falling for him naturally now that Wook is out of the picture. Wouldn't it be nice if marriage proposal never to take place at all at this juncture? I feel that the writer went overboard with Wang So's possesiveness. I guess, the drama will only serve us 6 episodes of romance between our OTP, the last two episodes will be reserved for her disdain towards Wang So once he becomes the ruthless Gwangjong. I hate that Lee Jun Ki doing the chasing, in my book, no girl can ever say no to LJK. This is beyond logic.

• Like 16

was watching the marathon and i have a theory! A few episodes back, HS had several startling revelations about WS as GJ which started right after the rain ritual. However, in the following episode, this plot line got sidelined but i have a feeling it is going to return. 

Spoiler

by helping WS conceal his scar, HS has changed history and accelerated WS's claim to the throne. If not for the missing scar, WY would not have been shocked and would lead the rain ritual instead of WS, hence gaining the approval of the people and succeed the CP as king after the CP dies of ill health (as per what was written in history)

Because of HS, WS became the one who conducted the ritual and gained the approval of the people instead, thus she made him the 2nd king to succeed the throne after CP. because she made a big change in history, thats why she starts seeing visions of WS being cruel, and killing the 10th prince, things that WY, the original 2nd king was supposed to do (as listed in history).

However, as we know history cannot change, so something will happen later on that will cover the crack in history that HS made. My guess is WS and Baekha will plot to take down CP's enemies (WY and WW). If WS and BH's plan worked, then WS will kill off the CP's enemies and succeed the CP after he dies of illness. however, HS, still having feelings for WW, will warn him of the impending attack and ends up sabotaging WS and BH. The plan will go very wrong and CP will be killed as a result. somehow, HS will right history again by helping WW and WY attain the upper hand which allows WY to rightfully succeed the throne after CP. Although history is set back on course, and HS's visions will stop, WS will be deeply affected by the loss of the CP, and this will be the start of an insurmountable rift between WS and HS that will propel the story to its eventual conclusion, one that is similar to the C version (both love each other deeply, but hurt each other so much they can no longer be together.)

Just a prediction, i am just so involved in this drama that i keep trying to forecast what will happen in the show....

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Diana Blanche said:

This bothers me too. We've had 11 episodes to see how Wang Wook has lured her with his words and his lovey-dovey gestures. And it seems that even in the next two episodes we will not see any gesture of affection from her towards Wang So. All I hope is that in the episodes who will be left Hae Soo will accept Wang So love in the end and the interaction between her and him to be mutual and intense. But I still question myself if she will accept Wang So because she really loves him or because she feels grateful towards him. Will it be love or gratitude? I hope with all my heart to be love.

You aren't alone in this. I do find the chemistry between Hae Su and Wang So to be intense but from one side only. It might have something to do with Lee Jun Ki's micro-expressions that shifts from love, madness, hurt and understanding all at once and Hae Su's one note wide eyed response. I don't expect her to fall in love with him at once keeping in mind her response for the past 11 episodes which has oscillated from fear to understanding back to pity to understanding to fear again. Not once did I feel an underlying subtle shift in her emotions to something romantic. So I feel this part is going to be delicate for them all. From Hae Su's part, the fear has to give way for understanding and gratitude with her acknowledging that Wang So has a kind side. All this will have to morph into deep love. I am unsure how that will be accomplished. But I hope they'll do it well and it'll be a swift but believable transition that will feel natural.

• Like 16