Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

I have around 12 pages to backread. This thread is the bomb. :) 

It's nearly 10pm here on my side of the world. The kids are sleep. The dishwasher, washer and dryer are on. The house is tidy thanks to hubby for understanding my love for LJG. ;)

• Like 19

As we settle into the second half and the shift of the pairings from Wook to So, I wonder how much the show is going to be remain true to the original series, and what elements they will change. 

The rain scene was an equally emotional and pivotal moment in the Chinese version, but it was not driven by the same cause. It makes me wonder if the transfer of this hugely significant scene to Lady Oh will mean that the relationship it originally involved will be lessened, or if they will utilise another method of conveying the significance of that incident/relationship.

Major spoilers for the Chinese version and potentially upcoming episodes for this drama:

Spoiler

Ruoxi (Chinese version of Haesoo) does kneel in the rain for days, in the hopes that the Emperor will change his mind and reverse his sentence. However, it's not for Lady Oh, but rather for the 13th prince. The two of them were best friends, kindred spirits and platonic soulmates of sorts. They spoke candidly about society and equality and he was fascinated by her modern ideas, and she valued his friendship and leaned him as she navigated palace politics. 

Similar to Baek-ah, he was also very close with the 4th prince and when the 4th prince was framed for trying to take the throne, he stepped in to shoulder the blame. He was stripped of his title and placed under house arrest, and it was for this that Ruoxi kneels in the rain for three days. When the others try to get her to stop, she tells them that it's the right thing to do and the 13th prince would do the same for her. Whilst she doesn't get the Emperor to change his mind, he does allow 13th prince's lover to join him, which helped significantly ease his loneliness during what ends up being ten long years.

Their friendship remained strong despite his decade long absence and they were each other's source of comfort during their final years. 

We've gotten glimpses of a similar trajectory in Moon Lovers, where Baek-ah and Soo were drinking buddies, and spoke of rather risque concepts (for that time period). I do so wish we got to see this relationship unfold a lot more, rather than mostly in flashback, but I do appreciate that he has steadfastly been on her side since they became friends. He was visibly upset and pushed So to help her when she was getting shipped off to her marriage, and fought for her even after knowing it was the King she was to marry. The fact that he just fronts up and admits that she's special to him. Gah, my heart.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I'm conflicted because I could do without 13th prince being locked up and suffering for years, but I also don't want the intensity and weight of this relationship to be diminished. Their scenes and their relationship just slayed me in the original, and I want that again. 

We still have a fair bit to go, so hopefully they'll convey this relationship better. I just want to see them interact more, and more meaningfully, because it was such a precious relationship, and incredibly heart wrenching.

Apologies for the word vomit, but this is honestly my favourite relationship in the original series. Hands down. 

• Like 24

7 minutes ago, briseis said:

I think the SoSoo love story has been the kind of slow-burn romance, particularly on HS's side, and that she DOES love So and the reason why it’s been taking her such a long time to realize it and admit it to herself is because SHE FELT SOMETHING LIKE THIS, NEVER WAS LOVED BY A MAN LIKE SO WHO WOULD LOVE HER SO UNCONDITIONALLY, FIERCELY AND COMPLETELY. 

tumblr_inline_oef1sjbWXO1rhkl0p_540.png

I am agree with this. Haesoo just frightening for a kind of unidentified feeling called "being loved faithfully and throughly". Something that she never see as a "reality" because In her present life she has never felt that kind of overwhelming feeling.

Can someone teach me on how to insert an image here? Been not here since soompi has changing the system. Sorry for #oot. Thank you in advance.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

Hmmm ... is it real?
will she really ask him if he missed her?
and if, in which context?
is that a fact from sbs?
I can believe the "Marry me"-rejection
but after the rain thing I have my doubt about the missing part in a "I missed you so much and still love you, did you miss me?"-way ...
It might be out of context ...

• Like 23

41 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Wae?!!!!

We only have 4 more weeks. Dun tell me Soo will only love So in ep 14?, Then we only have 6 EPs left for the love between the leads! 

Thanks for the heartbreaking ride. I will steel myself that it is a sad ending to prepare myself.....

This bothers me too. We've had 11 episodes to see how Wang Wook has lured her with his words and his lovey-dovey gestures. And it seems that even in the next two episodes we will not see any gesture of affection from her towards Wang So. All I hope is that in the episodes who will be left Hae Soo will accept Wang So love in the end and the interaction between her and him to be mutual and intense. But I still question myself if she will accept Wang So because she really loves him or because she feels grateful towards him. Will it be love or gratitude? I hope with all my heart to be love.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, fathiayunia said:

My feelings exactly!! I should give you guys an award just for this words alone. I'm sooooo frustrated with Hae Soo crazy monkey 049 Girl you should wake up already. Haha I think she already knows and sense some of Wang Wook's invisible cloak but she tends to ignore it, or denied it, and all she sees is Wang Wook's gentlemanly behavior before. I'm not entirely sure about next episode though, I'm gonna be satisfied if Wang Wook tried to sweet talk her and she said

"I'm tired of all the empty promises you gave me. I'm here to return the bracelet."

TO HIS FACE crazy monkey 062 YEEEEAAAAAHHH!! If she said that I'm gonna cheered and probably dance crazily.  crazy monkey 001Bahahahaha. Think it's possible?

2 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

@fathiayunia I can't say anything ㅠㅠ I know she can't change her feelings like wind, but I feel like she doesn't even give So a chance at all ㅠㅠ if she does really ask Wook whether he misses her or not, she really has no idea that the guy had betrayed her. My last hope is the preview of the 6mins trailer where So is trying to defend the palace for CP against Wook who joins ally with Yo (guess that time Taejo fell ill). In that preview, it seems Soo wearing her maid clothes is watching the fight. Then she will realize what Wook does all this time behind her.

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Hmmm ... is it real?
will she really ask him if he missed her?
and if, in which context?
is that a fact from sbs?
I can believe the "Marry me"-rejection
but after the rain thing I have my doubt about the missing part in a "I missed you so much and still love you, did you miss me?"-way ...
It might be out of context ...

Before anything else, is this the official text preview.? Aigoo, My heart. 

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, briseis said:

Actually, I've always expected for their romantic relationship to become mutual/official and start in episode 14 BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MOST 20-EPISODE DRAMA WORK - just look at the likes of Secret Garden or Healer.

I am not sure how to say this,but am kind if disappointed with kdrama being more and more formulaic. 

Like ep 1 n 2 have to be real good and big budget to capture audience and then by ep 8, there must be a kiss. Blah blah.

I wish more dramas just tells a story proper building characters and plot. But I know the production cost is high and everything is dollars and cents. It's hard to find the outlier dramas like Misaeng. 

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Before anything else, is this the official text preview.? Aigoo, My heart. 

That's why I asked if it is a fact from sbs ... I don't want to miscredit anyone, but before we get carried away, we might see here a prediction of someone, who is not an on scene 1. hand scource

• Like 15

3 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

HS's rejection of WS's proposal is expected. She's just lost Court Lady Oh and her "candy lover" turned his back on her right at the moment she thought he was her last hope. At present, life to her is a terrible nightmare in which she wishes for nothing but being woken up. I'm okay with her turning WS down for now but hopefully she will be able to recover and move on soon enough. Let's say, she will avoid So for around one more episode (Pls writer, don't drag it over two or three more episodes, I'm starting to lose my patience >"<), then something will happen as the final push and motivation for her to open up to him and love him back. Only 9 episodes left and I really need to see our OTP having a happy time together for a few episodes before their relationship is hit by a storm later on. HS yah, pls wake up and see for yourself who is the one you can trust and rely on. You saw it with your own eyes that Wook had left you behind and walked away while WS chose to stand by your side on that day in the pouring rain. If that can't open your eyes then I don't know what can. Pls don't waver no matter what excuses Wook would use to defend himself and don't let his words blind you again. It would be a huge disappointment if you did :cry:

• Like 18

4 hours ago, xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii said:

@SizzlerZ YES!!!!!!!! After she has the vision of Gwangjong she has become so different and timid in her actions. It seems almost a lifetime away from when she challenged the ways of Goryeo in her drunken talks with Baek Ah, and her social commentary which So had echoed! I miss the girl that realised that she could take her fate into her own hands, the one that intentionally scarred herself in order to avoid getting married to the king, and the one that knew that she couldn't rely on anyone but herself to get what she wants.

I know that in the next episode she is going to be completely run down as a washing maid, but... I want our smiling, witty and optimistic Soo back T_T 

In the longer preview, we've seen that she becomes a concubine (?) but she's in tears. I wonder what will come next and in terms of character development, will Soo continue the pathway of the tragic heroine that is ultimately going to sacrifice everything for So? Or will she overcome this and adskfsakdlfs so many questions lol

I know it does seem a lifetime away! Although I want to see the old Hae Soo back I have a feeling we're not going to see her.  As the drama progresses and Hae Soo continues living in Goryoe - sorry surviving in Goryoe she will definetly have her ups amongst the tragic events. We'll see her smiles in these ups but I doubt those smiles will be enough to say that our old Hae Soo is back.  
Of course Hae Soo is still Hae Soo, she hasn't changed completely and her strong held principles and beliefs still haven't changed. We see this when she was kneeling to protest for Concubine Oh didn't we? So I think it's safe to say that the writers won't change Hae Soo's character completely.
As much as I want to see the 21st century sassy girl back I don't think we'll see her. When I first picked up on this I thought it would be Wang So who would bring her back but then I realised that the chances are smile since there is way too much happening in the coming episodes. Although I still do hope I'm wrong and Wang So has some magic potion or something to be back to the 'noisy thing' she is.  - If someone gets my reference please tell me, when I do such things people don't really get it so I really want to know. If you want to know what I was trying to do please tell me :) 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

Is this an official preview that is translated or a projected story arc based on the video? doubt Soo will ask Wook if he had missed her....I would be highly disappointed if she does.

• Like 13