[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

45 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Actually the other thing that I wanted to reply to your earlier post is not to be too hard on Wook. He is a product of his times and education. He follow rules and thread carefully. So is abit of a wild card having not gone through the same system and probably make do with whatever "education" the king can get him without triggering the Evil Queen's alarm bells.

Was I? I thought I was handling him with kids glove. :P;)

If he were actually my son... "hard" would mean something different... Chinese torture techniques would be boy scout treatment.

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

I must say I am starting to have more respect for the writer.

Evil queen is very smart. She probably knows that So wouldn't be her puppet the way Yo is. In a sense, So resembles her too much for her to love him.

I've always thought that the writing was pretty good. There are plenty of nuances and layers in the storyline. Most of the issues are really post-production stuff.

I think it's why the king probably kept So as far away from her as he could. While I can't condone his taste in women (probably didn't have much choice in the matter), Taejo seems to me quite a cluey operator. I'm sure So was pretty smart as a kiddie too.

I expect he's got his succession plan all worked out.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, liddi said:

@ruizaio Thank you very much for translating KHN's Q&A too! Truly very much appreciated.

I love his insights into Wook's character:

My utmost focus while acting as Wang Wook was 'reason.' Of course, reason would be important for any character, but for Wang Wook, rationality/reason was the core of his character and the cause of the changes in the character as well as the theme of the character of Wang Wook himself. My take of Wang Wook was that he was a person that was composed of countless inner conflicts from his surroundings due to his position and status that accumulated over time and wore him out. The reason for his arranged marriage, the reason for him to feel affections for Hae Soo, and the reason for his character's change later on. He's really an unfortunate character. 

It is gratifying that my impressions of Wook were validated by the actor himself. Wook is indeed one who is trapped due to who he is, what he is, and the weight of an entire household, a family's expectations, hopes and survival pinned on his shoulders. He is one whose life is no longer his own, and does not have the luxury to live based on what he wants, but what he has/needs to do - in response to that responsibility. So while frustrating as a lover and not condoning his reassuring but ultimately ineffectual promises, I empathise and sympathise even, with Wook, because I relate to it in many ways, coming from the perspective of a sole caregiver in terms of the inability to just freely make decisions without considering every single aspect and every single person who is dependent on me and me alone.

T_______T Poor Wook...

I feel very sorry by KHN mentioning that Wook is such an unfortunate character.. Wonder what will happen to him later.. :'(

by the way, happy monday guys..\(^O^)/ looking forward to this week's episodes..Brace ourselves for upcoming emotional draining scenes!! T__T

• Like 11

1 hour ago, liddi said:

It is gratifying that my impressions of Wook were validated by the actor himself. Wook is indeed one who is trapped due to who he is, what he is, and the weight of an entire household, a family's expectations, hopes and survival pinned on his shoulders. He is one whose life is no longer his own, and does not have the luxury to live based on what he wants, but what he has/needs to do - in response to that responsibility. So while frustrating as a lover and not condoning his reassuring but ultimately ineffectual promises, I empathise and sympathise even, with Wook, because I relate to it in many ways, coming from the perspective of a sole caregiver in terms of the inability to just freely make decisions without considering every single aspect and every single person who is dependent on me and me alone.

I so agree with this, and can relate to it very well too, which is why I'm cutting him some slack in the romance department. I love WW, but I love WS more for HS :D

Yes, if he were to be punished by the King, everyone in his household under his care will be punished as well, even the lowliest servants.

On a side note, may I just say that Queen Yoo is so beautiful with her straight hair down. Been wanting to say this since the early episodes. I know probably I'm the only one who thinks that, hahahaha....

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Adnana said:

@wordsmyth0253 @ruizaio

Thank you so much for translating the text preview. I really really hope that Hae Su "wavering" means that Wang So managed to move her heart after all...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On a related note, the 2nd video preview for Episode 10 is out as well, but unfortunately it's not an OTP scene.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1134485

Thank you for the 2nd preview! 
I would've really hoped the 2nd preview to be something about HS and WS or something to do with HS but unfortunately not :(

But at least we have something! :D 

11 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Am curious upto what level episode 10 would slam us once again. Meanwhile

I want to see Hae Soo back in those clothes so badly!!!

I wonder if she will ever wear those again...

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 15

Ok today is the day and again i can't work think or anything else i need episode 10 i know is today and after 6h and 35min but i am so excited and happy and sad  hahahah what is this i became crazy person fighting we survive this long week but please give us some happy scene .

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Q: What should we look out for from Wang So?

From being the most neglected prince, Wang So suddenly becomes the center of attention. He was a self-conscious and introverted boy before but now he’s gonna show a more strong and assertive character. He will tackle betrayal, jealousy, romance and more so keep watching!

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

@MAROSA_JIN  Thanks for bringing the iinterview,

Poor WS he has a lot to deal with and it seems that HS will betray him and he'll become jealous of HS and WW so this could be were his obsession comes in at.. HS will have no clue to how she will be affecting the princes life..   

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, aypopa said:

Ok today is the day and again i can't work think or anything else i need episode 10 i know is today and after 6h and 35min but i am so excited and happy and sad  hahahah what is this i became crazy person fighting we survive this long week but please give us some happy scene .

I think the start is going to be happy but then things are just going to go down and down and down....

:tears::tears:

The writers will get us all happy and excited as we see them going on their little trip to the sea and then BAM the assassination attempt, WS drinking poison, misunderstandings, arresting ... the list keeps going ... :(:( 

• Like 15

sorry to bring the c-version up again, but a thought just occured to me earlier today (this drama has taken up at least 75% of my brain space lately!!! :lol:):

Spoiler

I do believe that in c-version, there was a (kind of odd, imo) daydream sequence of 4th prince imagining Ruoxi dancing for him in a beautiful red costume. I believe this signified his realization of his romantic feelings for Ruoxi. This scene was also shown when he was on his deathbed near the end of the series, which shows how he never was able to forget Ruoxi after all those years...

Anyway, i wonder if Wang So being struck by HaeSoo's bday song for 10th was supposed to be the k-version counterpart!

In the meantime, only several more hours until ep 10!  :w00t: Unfortunately I won't be able to join until much later... yay time differences and work schedule! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I think the start is going to be happy but then things are just going to go down and down and down....

:tears::tears:

I hope for the second kiss but i think she will be in episode 11  when we see our sweet otp little happy and then Bam something bad will happen again and episode will end .....

• Like 11

See you tonight after the eps guys or probably not! I'm trying to rest my mind from MLSH. It's getting too serious I can't keep up. :tears: 

I'm praying I won't have to back read so much when I get here but let's face it, it's useless. You guys are lighting speed!!! Way to gooooo... Manseeee!

• Like 14

Say hello to moonday, eclipses! Finally,it's less than 7 hours to 10 PM KST, I already prepare a blanket and a warm bowl of soup to comfort me in one of tortuous time for our OTP (or a glass of champagne on top of a building if you're on evil queen side. cheers to the victorious trap. LOL.) Let's do the circle hugs and get through this together, shall we?

Okay since now we have saw 'that spoiler-y pic', looks like we would inevitably heading to that 'aggravating, irksome, and head-banging' part where wang so would married to yeonhwa, just like what's written in history. Of course, I have told myself to stomach the reality many times, but still I can't help but feel bad to our OTP that apparently they would never catch a break.

Now if I try to surmise the inducements that led to this arranged-marriage, at least there are two plausible causes, it's either

• by force, similar to eun, he was tormented on the receiving end, like a political pawn, and not in the position to opposed the marriage or defying royal decree.
  • or by pragmatic choice, in a way he also calculating his benefits into account and he was not just a pawn but held the stirring wheel in their pure-business relationship. Which much more fitting to his personality. It's mutually beneficial and would consolidate power necessary for the throne, a position they both aspire for different reasons. For him, it was probably a mixture of haesoo's sake, desire to avenge his mother's humiliation, or put a stop to tyrant wang yo. As difficult as it is to admit, we saw that both reserved a tiny soft spot to each other, I would not necessarily call it affection (no way!), but their interactions never suggest an abhorrence, it was civil and respect in manner. Other than the fact it was incestuous relationship, it was not that appalling that they somehow form an allegiance through marriage in the future. Like it or not, YH probably much more fitting to be a queen than our modern day haesoo, she has both brain and spine to survive the challenges as a queen. I conclude she will be a better version of evil queen, she has a good combination of quality between EQ and queen sinjeong, she is as manipulative and ruthless as EQ, but not as emotional, she knows when to strike and when to held back, and just like her brother WW she knows how to hide behind a perfect facade of smile and kind courtesy. I believe she would offer him much help as political partner in mobilizing influences in court and manage the intricacy of palace, at least before their relationship goes completely sour in the latter part of their marriage. In other words,she can be the queen of goryeo and haesoo's will always be the queen of his heart.

There's also a plausibility that it was a combination of both, but I prefer if it was leaning towards the second option just because I don't want him to be portrayed as a hopeless romantic that completely caught off guard and been force into a marriage he did not want to commit. As cruel as it is betraying our heroine's feeling, the second option is much in line with his character and I better believe he had a da*n good reason for it.

Either way, this marriage would completely change the dynamic between our OTP, adding another insurmountable hurdle for their happiness. But like any relationship worth fighting for, would she swallow the bitter pill of reality, and finally relents in compromising her ideal view of love and marriage just for him? Or would she surrender their dream to have a future together and just quietly loves him from a far?  Neither one of this choices would make her happy to be honest, and when the time comes I would be a dysfunctional emo mess. :tears:

So...when would the arranged-marriage likely happen on this drama? Considering the possible inducements I explain above, I think there are two plausible timeline for this to happen:

• If the reason leaning towards by force, then I assume it would come sooner than we expected when their father still is THE KING. Why? It's because it can't be done much later, neither CP,EQ (through WY) or YH herself could force WS to arrange marriage, he definitely would retaliate and fight against their plan especially since his stake of the throne as legitimate as theirs. It's different if their father still the king, he was an authoritative figure to both of them and if YH (with the help of EQ) manage to convince him to gave her to WS, no one can contests his decision. Besides, since YH already in marriageable age, she need to be hurry for her plan to work, if not she would be sent off elsewhere to another marriage. However, I am doubtful it would happen this early because I am holding on hope that our OTP will have their peaceful and wondrous time of their relationship during CP's reign (Bless you, wang mu, my teddy bear awesome brotherly prince, don't failed me please....) and that won't happen if WS already married. Why? Because if he does, he would live elsewhere from palace and then there's YH, where in the world would my poor little HS go then?
  • That is why it's much more plausible if the reason was a pragmatic choice, then it's most likely happen in between the later end of CP's reign to the beginning of WY's reign. It's the most turbulent times for our OTP with chaotic power struggles between the princes' in the palace. With so many things at stake, i think he was motivated into a decision to ascend the throne himself to protect everything that near and dear to him and YH offer a beneficial relationship that could consolidate power necessary for the throne.

Okay I should end my speculation now, it's getting too long and real life restrictions start interrupting (on my way to work......), apologize if this make you snooze and bores you to death, lol, I get carried away easily when my inner fan girl self take over the sane side of me, and thank you to all of you who kind enough to read it till the end. See you soon~

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

I predict this thread will experience a huge volcanic ERUPTION by end of ep 10 tonite..:astonished:

I'm also expecting everyone going crazy later at night during the recaps. I can't wait!!!! It's hard to hide my anticipation and feels for our ScarCouple when I'm in the office!!!! :flushed:

• Like 10