[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I must say I am starting to have more respect for the writer.

Evil queen is very smart. She probably knows that So wouldn't be her puppet the way Yo is. In a sense, So resembles her too much for her to love him.

edit: and now I'm really going to sleep. 

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm really interested to know where you got your subs from. That quote from Lady O.

The C-subs say: 他本是极其缺爱之人, 却在你这里学会了情为何意 ("He was a person who lacked love, but has now learned to love through you.)

Such an interesting discrepancy. Wonder why that is.

i got it from one of the online site who sub this drama...

so in a way i think Lady Oh can see that WS is changing and its because of HS so Lady Oh warn HS if she did't want to give all her heart she have to make it clear for WS... Lady Oh try to make HS understand on what effect that she have on WS..

maybe because WS is someone who don't know about love but once he learn it there will be no turning back and if HS do not love him in the end its going to destroy WS....

'

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

I must say I am starting to have more respect for the writer.

Evil queen is very smart. She probably knows that So wouldn't be her puppet the way Yo is. In a sense, So resembles her too much for her to love him.

edit: and now I'm really goong to sleep. 

Good night and hope to see you soon after episode 10 as we're going to have a looooong discussion here :D

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@Adnana

WS takes HS to the beach, leaving the palace. WS confesses his feelings to HS and gives her a hairpin as a gift. Meanshile, WW decides to marry HS and proposes to her, but HS hesitates to give him an answer...

Why didn't you say something 4 episodes ago, you dumb bell? This is what happens when you're napping on the job.

Your brother has a horse, what do you have? *Shakes head*

(Okay I really shouldn't post anymore... Got to do my cleaning)

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm really interested to know where you got your subs from. That quote from Lady O.

The C-subs say: 他本是极其缺爱之人, 却在你这里学会了情为何意 ("He was a person who lacked love, but has now learned to love through you.)

Such an interesting discrepancy. Wonder why that is.

and as I watched the SBS version and with my little korean knowledge, the chinese subs seems better to convey the meaning literally.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Why didn't you say something 4 episodes ago, you dumb bell?

(Okay I really shouldn't post anymore... Got to do my cleaning)

This just made my day, I had the exact same thoughts !! Horses are indeed way better than caves. 

• Like 17

8 hours ago, skincareaddict said:

This drama made me finally create an account to comment. We know the drama spans ten years and we're about to hit the halfway point in the number of episodes. Based on the the CDrama, long preview, spoiler pictures, etc..., in terms of major plot points what do we know still has to happen in the next eleven episodes? Feel free to add to my list and rearrange what you think the chronological order will be.

Reveal hidden contents
  • So sacrifices himself and drinks the poison tea meant for CP
  • Soo gets framed for the poison and is subsequently tortured 
  • Lady Oh takes the blame and is executed; Soo stands in the rain to beg on her behalf
  • Soo gets promoted to Head Court Lady
  • Soo leaves the palace or is demoted (she wears the simple pink dress in one still)
  • CP ascends throne
  • Yo ascends throne
  • So ascends throne
  • So and Yuen Hwa marry
  • Soo dies and wakes up back in the future; meets the modern reincarnation of So

@skincareaddict Welcome on board.....:w00t:

• Like 9

9 hours ago, briseis said:

“You belong to me. You are mine. Without my permission you cannot leave. You can’t die either. You are only mine.” 

HE REPEATS IT LIKE A MANTRA, LIKE A PLEA, AS IF THE WORDS ALONE HAD THE POWER TO KEEP SOO WITH HIM; BUT BECAUSE THEY DON’t HE KISSES HER! 

THIS KISSES ARE AWESOME ON SO MANY DIFFERENT LEVELS! However, the main thing that stands out about them is THAT THEY FEEL HEARTWRENCHINGLY REAL! Just like their whole relationship! There are no tightly-pressed lips, only hot opened mouths - IT’S FULL OF NEED AND WANT, IT’S RAW, ARDENT, TURBULENT AND INTENSE, SEARING AND ALL-CONSUMING, AND IT’S MESSY. Because EMOTIONS ARE MESSY, BECAUSE REAL LOVE IS MESSY.

It isn’t the deceptively picture-perfect fantasy she has with Wook; because what’s most unsettling and disturbing about that relationship (where they both claim they love each other) is that they NEVER ARGUE, that she never yelled at him or told him what she really thinks (never shared her fears and vulnerabilites with him, always teling him she is OK when she was not,..) - THAT’S NOT HEALTHY. ARGUMENTS MEAN COMMUNICATION, exchange of different opinions, and communication is crucial for a relationship. Arguing is what normal, real people do BECAUSE THEY ARE FLAWED - THEY DISAPPOINT EACH OTHER, HURT EACH OTHER regardless of gender or how much they love each other, AND THEN THEY MAKE UP - AND THAT’S WHAT MAKES THEM REAL, HUMAN. 

PEOPLE ARE SELFISH AND LOVE IS PERHAPS THE MOST SELFISH EMOTION THERE IS - it includes jealousy, because when you love someone you can’t control it and in a way you want to OWN the person that makes you feel that way, so completely out of control. AND YOU DESIRE THEM - in the year HS’s been in Goryeo she never kissed Wook; she might be 17 physically, but she is a 25 year-old woman where it really matters - she didn’t feel the NEED TO KISS HIM. And Wook hasn’t kissed her either - he was the one who met her first, but it’s So who ends up kissing her first - BECAUSE HE NEEDS HER MORE AND FEARS MORE TO LOSE HER. It’s impossible not to compare the two brothers, considering that they were born in the same year, but THEY COULDN’T BE MORE DIFFERENT - WHILE SO’S BEEN WEARING A MASK HIS WHOLE LIFE HE ISN’T THE ONE WHO’S BEEN HIDING HIS TRUE SELF BEHIND FACADES. So feels this incredible need for HS, he is so much love-starved because he never had anyone to love him, while Wook has been loved his whole life - by his parents, siblings and most of all by Myung Hee - and HE TAKES IT FOR GRANTED. BUT SO DOESN’T HAVE THINGS LIKE THAT, HE MUST FIGHTS FOR EVERYTHING.

Nice Post!!!

Speaking about LOVE, here is what I firmly believed also, although others have their own definition.

Love is PATIENT, love is KIND. It does NOT ENVIOUS/JEALOUS, it does NOT BOAST, it is NOT PROUD. It does NOT DISHONOR OTHERS, it is NOT SELF-SEEKING, it is NOT EASILY ANGERED, it KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS.   

LOVE does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.    It always PROTECTS, always TRUSTS, always HOPES, always PERSEVERES.

I believe that loving someone is different from being in love with someone.  This is how I see HS feels for WW and for WS respectively.  She loves WW and very comfortable with him because he is in some way a nice type of guy.  But there is this feeling that you're drawn to someone even if he/she's not lovable to other people's eye.... That's HS to WS.  There are things that only the heart can see.... perhaps this is why other people say Love is blind.  Because there are beautiful things that you can only see in one person when your eyes are closed.  WS & HS have a little rough beginning but they have enriched each other.... I mean they make each other a better person.  Their respective strengths complemented each others weakness. :D

As far as being possessive is concerned, I think nobody wants to be possessive of something he doesn't want to possess..... WS included.  Sometimes being possessive is a good thing when it comes to relationship... as long as its properly handled... I mean no violent behavior displayed.   If they are like that then no room for any third parties. :D   This might not be applicable in this drama period... coz they have many wives.... but maybe in their hearts they can.

• Like 19

44 minutes ago, wordsmyth0253 said:

(on-the-fly-trans:)

Wang So escapes from the palace and takes Hae Su to the beach. While confessing his inner heart to Hae Su, Wang So gives her a hairpin as a present. Meanwhile,  Wang Wook, who has decided to wed Hae Su, proposes to her, but Hae Su wavers in her reply...

Wow.... this going to be interesting. can't wait to hear what Wang So said to her that makes her hesitate Wook proposal. Between So and Wook, I think, giving So upbringing, he has more realistic view of the world compared to Wook who has been in the comfort of the palace gate. Hae Su giving that 21st century mind may be realising that at the end of the day you have to accept the real fact of life.. I hope she would not change her mind based on the crap idea that you can change somebody...

• Like 12

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Apart from buying his mother a hairpin, the first thing So does when he enters Songak is to slash the horse he's been riding. But it is an important gesture for self-determination and it parallels with Su slashing herself to achieve the same ability to determine her own fate or destiny or whatever you want to call it. For So, it is a one-way ticket to freedom.

Maybe I'm just overanalyzing as usual... and taking a girl with you on a horse is just a 10th century courtship ritual to impress a girl when your rich father can't get you a Ferrari, Porsche or Mustang. ;) 

sorry to cut your post.

Thanks for humouring my request. :D The slashing thing is an unexpected parallel for both of them to freedom. Interesting.

Strange thing for me is I never watched any horse movies but Scarlet Heart is unexpectedly filled with many horse riding scenes. I wonder if it has something to do with Lee Joon Gi's expert level of riding. :P But anyway, what's a historical with no horses? lol.

Actually the other thing that I wanted to reply to your earlier post is not to be too hard on Wook. He is a product of his times and education. He follow rules and thread carefully. So is abit of a wild card having not gone through the same system and probably make do with whatever "education" the king can get him without triggering the Evil Queen's alarm bells.

-----------------------------

A few more hours to ep 10. Yippee! I am quite sure SBS will open with the kiss scene to continue where they left off. So the opening is likely different from the International version. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Why didn't you say something 4 episodes ago, you dumb bell? This is what happens when you're napping on the job.

lol, this is so funny :D:D:D

Yep yep, a horse ride speaks a million words.

A ride in the circa 944 "Ferrari" will make a girl forgets everything. lol.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, littleloony said:

This is a really well thought out and very interesting insight into Hae Su @bebebisous33 :wub: I didn't want to cut it :D Anyway, I highlighted two lines. The second one sums up HS for me and how I have perceived her till now.....it also explains her horrified reaction to her visions IMO. I have question about the first highlighted part.....just out of curiosity.....why do you think HS might feel that being honest about feelings is wrong or just not okay? How will it be possible for her to be more honest now that she is in the thick of things in Goryeo?

@bebebisous33 Another very insightful post on HS..  @littleloony Yes she's in the thick of things with WS telling her she's involved in palace life and things are not what they seem in her eyes.. Yes she could see him doing wrong but don't understand his action to defend.. Just like in that scene in the forrest all she felt was WS would kill her and even told the assasin to kill this is her honest opinon And yet she still didn't understand he saved her life but she believes everything WW tells her and still will be clueless to his deception.. Maybe she will open her eyes when she is framed for trying to poision the CP.. So her honesty could cost her, Her life if she don't know how to play the games or use wit and intelligence it's not about how much more honest she could be it's about it's about how to stay alive and whom could you really trust with your life..

8 hours ago, skincareaddict said:

This drama made me finally create an account to comment. We know the drama spans ten years and we're about to hit the halfway point in the number of episodes. Based on the the CDrama, long preview, spoiler pictures, etc..., in terms of major plot points what do we know still has to happen in the next eleven episodes? Feel free to add to my list and rearrange what you think the chronological order will be.

Reveal hidden contents
  • So sacrifices himself and drinks the poison tea meant for CP
  • Soo gets framed for the poison and is subsequently tortured 
  • Lady Oh takes the blame and is executed; Soo stands in the rain to beg on her behalf
  • Soo gets promoted to Head Court Lady
  • Soo leaves the palace or is demoted (she wears the simple pink dress in one still)
  • CP ascends throne
  • Yo ascends throne
  • So ascends throne
  • So and Yuen Hwa marry
  • Soo dies and wakes up back in the future; meets the modern reincarnation of So

@skincareaddict   Welcome Aboard..  

9 hours ago, littleloony said:

As conclusion, she doesn't allow herself to show her true thoughts and feelings because she has a very high standard for right and wrong. Being nice is one of her flaws in the end. She keeps being optimistic and nice so that she can feel better about herself and wants to be seen as a strong and nice person as well. 

Also @littleloony TBH I don't think she really understanding what era she's in.. This shows how lacking she was in her studies.. Most kids learns right from wrong at and early age or how to defend themselves.. Now her taking poision to the CP from the Queen should tell her something.. She really see people  through those rose colored glasses but not they thorns.. I don't know if I would be able to watch her if she's going to play the dumb girl roll..

Ha Ha my thread slowed down tonight only moved pages since my absence..    

8 hours ago, brielover said:

A comment a character made to Ji Mong near the start of the series has stuck with me: "You always put your predictions in two pots".  It is as if two histories, or two futures, might be possible, and I think these two "water" emergences highlight the two.  Su could choose Wook, who I do believe she loves and he loves her, and I don't think he is particularly greedy or shallow or whatever failings we might ascribe to him.  I think his only "flaw" is in fact that he is not ruthless like So.  As a human being, he's better than So for the most part, but he would be unable to play the part that real Wang So in history plays and enact the tyrant to stabilize the fledgeling nation.  Goryeo needs So, therefore Su needs So.  One and the same.  Goryeo needs a ruthless ruler at this stage in history; Su is going to need a ruthless lover who will fight for her at all costs.  One and the same.

8 hours ago, brielover said:

Time for Su to wake up to the reality of Goryeo which she has just seen in glimpses. @bebebisous33 is so right about her rose-coloured glasses.  Su can't stay the same, she has to change.  She's served her purpose in a mythological sense, now we get to see what she does in a historical sense as she attempts to influence So.  What we'll get I suspect is the same history she knows but an inside interpretation of it that neither she nor the people of the future know.

@brielover  WW is to nice of a person to be King also he's to cowardly to be King he has proven this time and time again.. He has never really had to fight for what he wanted so he don't know how without weighing his options.. Him going up against WS.. Now just take this alone he's smart but a scardy cat so he will use WY to attack his own brother but this will come back to him because WS would have appreciate it more if he just fought him directly smart but stupid.. I think in his attacks on Ws through WY he will emerge and make himself seem like the hero until rose colored glasses see him for who he is the man with many faces... This is when I think she will choose WS because she really don't know who WW is.. Yes she needs to wake up to her surroundings.. But how much history do she knows remains to be seen.. As of now she don't know much but WS is Gwangjong the ruthless killer..

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I feel Haesoo is receiving too much flak which she does not deserve in my opinion.

Till now all her actions are consistent to our regular KDrama Heroine, if we make a checklist of basic traits of KDrama heroine

1)Selfless - Check

2)Feisty - Check

3)High Self Esteem - Check

4)Thinks she can handle everything on her own - Check

5)Thinks she is responsible for everyone she cares about - Check

6)Blames herself for not stopping every single hardship that the people she care about face - Check

7)Actively tries to stop anything bad from happening to her loved ones irrespective of what happens to her - Check

8)Never thinks that her own good intentions might backfire on her and create a bigger mess - Check

So you can see Hae Soo is no different from regular KDrama Heroine.... so I am surprised why she is being singled out... for being exactly what she is supposed to be by the writer

@sukbin  Da Knock Upside My Head, I forgot this is the typical kdrama herione, I was so engrossed in some insightful comments I forgot all about the 8 commandments.. lol Oh yea forgot one when her high self esteem becomes low self esteem after her encounter with YH so add another commandment..

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, valsava said:

@sukbin  Da Knock Upside My Head, I forgot this is the typical kdrama herione, I was so engrossed in some insightful comments I forgot all about the 8 commandments.. lol Oh yea forgot one when her high self esteem becomes low self esteem after her encounter with YH so add another commandment..

Are you sure you are quoting me?  Because I don't remember mentioning anything about the 8 commandments and this thread moving so fast, I lost track on most comments. There is another @SukBin in here which I think is the one who came up with that comment. Cheers. ^_^

• Like 10

From the text preview it says that she wavers when wang wook proposes marriage, i think the reason is after the kiss she feels like she became intimate with wang so. Probably sees him in a different light after a kiss. Its a conservative culture and it is the past too so its not like today where kissing isn't a big deal. So at this point I think its like she's going to be uncomfy being romantic with wang wook because come on we all know, deep inside she loves wang so! yay! :D come on scarlet heart, be an epic romance! 

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, sukbin said:

Are you sure you are quoting me?  Because I don't remember mentioning anything about the 8 commandments and this thread moving so fast, I lost track on most comments. There is another @SukBin in here which I think is the one who came up with that comment. Cheers. ^_^

My bad well whom ever post this.  Hey we letting the other thread catch up with us. They at pg 593.. 

Well guy's have rewatch this last episode and still can't come to terms with the Queen and that so called family dinner scene.. She didn't care about her kids knowing she wants the prince dead and no shame in asking one of them to do it.. They are just tools to her nothing more or less hjust tools.. Do she love any of her sons..

• Like 11