[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm really interested to know where you got your subs from. That quote from Lady O.

The C-subs say: 他本是极其缺爱之人, 却在你这里学会了情为何意 ("He was a person who lacked love, but has now learned to love through you.)

Such an interesting discrepancy. Wonder why that is.

The original Korean is "정에 주렸던 사람이 너에게 정을 배웠다"  or "Someone who was starved for affection learned affection from you." ;)

• Like 21

On 9/26/2016 at 1:39 PM, LyraYoo said:

And i am here smiling ear to ear that all the discussions in this thread were validated by JG and KHN's interviews.

Good job everyone!

Also I am happy that they are also aware of the success of the drama in international setting. That is much rewarding as a fan of JG and the drama as well.

@LyraYoo The cast has undoubtedly successfully translated their interpretations of their characters onscreen... which makes this drama such a compelling watch and so well received.

Goryeo's beekeeper definitely earned his moniker... but while his gazes are often swoonworthy, my favourite remains the moment he realises Lady Hae is dead - the devastation, fleetingly replaced by steely resolve as he shh's Soo to not wake her up... then the hollow desolation in his eyes as he continues to carry his wife in that lonely walk in the snow. Powerful imagery that haunts me even now. As for LJG... MLSHR truly opened my eyes to the LJG appeal... how he is able to translate so much of his emotions with so little. Every scene he had with Taejo and Queen Yoo... the bewildered hurt, knowing that his father looked only for the Crown Prince when he was the one injured in his place... the searing pain in the face of rejection by the mother whose love he desperately sought - all these subtly emoted through the look of just one visible eye. The triumphant look he threw her at the rain ritual, fulfilling his vow to force her to look only at him from there on - magnificent. As for IU... she has brought Hae Soo's youth, vitality and spirit to life after a slightly rocky start in the first episode, and now to me, she is Soo, and I am eagerly looking forward to how her character changes through the physical and emotional trials that await her. From the stills, I am certain she will not disappoint. And while we have seen some uneven acting among the less-experienced actors in earlier episodes, it is wonderful to see improvements in their performances as time went on. Love the camaraderie on-set, the obvious affection between them, and expecting even better things in the last half of the drama. 

• Like 23

18 minutes ago, wordsmyth0253 said:

The original Korean is "정에 주렸던 사람이 너에게 정을 배웠다"  or "Someone who was starved for affection learned affection from you." ;)

@wordsmyth0253 Thank you for this phrase, and may I also ask about the exchange between 4th Prince and Ji Mong when Hae Soo enters the palace (as a court lady) in E06? (at 56:07 in the SBS version)

Wang So says: ...something about Hae Soo (and seems angry with Ji Mong) What does WS say exactly?

Ji Mong replies: It's a misunderstanding.

• Like 7

I was just thinking how SHR might end.It would be so cool that when Ha Jin wakes up from her coma/fainting after being rescued from drowning,the first person she sees when she opens her eyes is reincarnation of Wang So dressed in doctor's clothing.Then maybe they can continue their love story inthe 21st century.There is a very slim chance such a scene would happen but never mind...I can dream a happy ending rite?:phew:

• Like 15

22 hours ago, junee22 said:

@miyukiakira1988 tried it for the second time.. and still the same answer "The administrator is currently not accepting new membership registrations" :huh: I wonder if this has anything to do with my IP like in case of dramafever???? 

Hide contents

@fathiayunia aslinya sih dari Banyuwangi.. :)

@dhia205 & @solelylurking it's okay..kalian pake lu-gw aja..kan udah kebiasaan :) ..about LJG..IKR...cantiknya ngalahin cewek..hahaha..tp pas liat dia fighting..ughhhhh..jd bener2 keinget sama kartun SamuraiX....hehehe...jadinya kayak aq selingkuh mata dari suami deh...astaghfirulloh...:P

Tadinya jg nonton drama satunya..tp pas SHR tayang di-pause dulu deh..ga bisa lepas dr bayangannya LJG ssi...

@leekyuphii why did you laugh?are you perhaps Indonesian too??or maybe know bahasa? nice to meet you again :wub:    

Hi ALL..... gw dari Jakarta, watching MLSHR from OneAsia channel. gw udah lama nge-fans ama LJG dari sejak dia main ILJIMAE, tiap tahun pasti heboh mabok kesengsem sama oppa LJG hahaha.... makin tua makin cakep aja ya.... dia beneran vampire kali ya... nonton TBWD sama nonton MLSHR, mukanya ngga berubah, cuma pas di Joseon Gunman dia agak tua tampangnya... makin ke Scholar trus sekarang kok tambah muda ya...

At last..did it on keeping up..but left behind again :rolleyes: oh well..let's keep on going friends..tomorrow is Moonday!!FINALLY!!

Hello, I've been super busy today but IT'S MONDAY guys!!! can't concentrate at all at work today LOL, and keep watching the time... it's 5 hours til episode 10! yeyyyy,.... I still got a meeting at 4pm (richard simmons) I hope it finishes early cause I need to go home on-time to catch my 8pm show.... I can't wait for this episode with so many spoiler stills and I really need my weekly dose of LJG, I think he is a drug in human form LOL....

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, liddi said:

@LyraYoo The cast has undoubtedly successfully translated their interpretations of their characters onscreen... which makes this drama such a compelling watch and so well received.

Goryeo's beekeeper definitely earned his moniker... but while his gazes are often swoonworthy, my favourite remains the moment he realises Lady Hae is dead - the devastation, fleetingly replaced by steely resolve as he shh's Soo to not wake her up... then the hollow desolation in his eyes as he continues to carry his wife in that lonely walk in the snow. Powerful imagery that haunts me even now. As for LJG... MLSHR truly opened my eyes to the LJG appeal... how he is able to translate so much of his emotions with so little. Every scene he had with Taejo and Queen Yoo... the bewildered hurt, knowing that his father looked only for the Crown Prince when he was the one injured in his place... the searing pain in the face of rejection by the mother whose love he desperately sought - all these emoted through the look of just one visible eye. The triumphant look he threw her at the rain ritual, fulfilling his vow to force him to look only at him from there on - magnificent. As for IU... she has brought Hae Soo's youth, vitality and spirit to life after a slightly rocky start in the first episode, and now to me, she is Soo, and I am eagerly looking forward to how her character changes through the physical and emotional trials that await her. From the stills, I am certain she will not disappoint. And while we have seen some uneven acting among the less-experienced actors in earlier episodes, it is wonderful to see improvements in their performances as time went on. Love the camaraderie on-set, the obvious affection between them, and expecting even better things in the last half of the drama. 

Thank you for this post! I accidentally clicked another MLSHR bashing article and comments. I was truly trying my best to ignore them but curiosity got the best of me...and as they say; curiosity kills a cat, moreover most of them can't seem to just agree to disagree with me :( I feel better reading your post because I have the same opinion as you about the cast. They bring MLHSR characters to life, and I appreciate every hard work and effort that they put in. Especially for IU, from the stills yesterday, I reaaally hope she brings her 'A' game to this week's episodes, so her bashers/haters/mean commenters would definitely shut up.

Also, more Kang Haneul being cheesy/flirty to IU, even Hong Jonghyun seems to have had it with him, hahahahaaa... :D:D:D

• Like 17

@Adnana So basically calls Ji Mong out for engineering it so that Su's not free of the palace after all - true, she's not a slave, but thanks to Ji Mong's suggestion she's still stuck in what So considers to be a very dangerous place, one that Su's' not at all equipped to deal with. As you said, Ji Mong replies that it's a misunderstanding, probably meaning that So's misunderstanding his intentions - that he was only trying to save her, not keep her there for some other [unfathomable] reason (but I don't believe him heh). Hope that answers your question! ;)

• Like 17

@Mona Ys Hi Dear!! please read your PM (from us) :sweatingbullets:

@shiraru we should really stop reading the negative comments..I'll never want to know for I know I won't have enough big heart to accept all those comments..just camp in this thread..we love to share our thoughts, learn from each other..advising one another..lift up another spirits..comfort friends in here..just forget those hateful comments..they'll never stop,they'll never try to understand..they just some ppl who didn't have any other better things to do (with nothing much in their lives) so just be strong :)

I signed up to naver just to show that we love the drama LOL :D

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, wordsmyth0253 said:

@Adnana So basically calls Ji Mong out for engineering it so that Su's not free of the palace after all - true, she's not a slave, but thanks to Ji Mong's suggestion she's still stuck in what So considers to be a very dangerous place, one that Su's' not at all equipped to deal with. As you said, Ji Mong replies that it's a misunderstanding, probably meaning that So's misunderstanding his intentions - that he was only trying to save her, not keep her there for some other [unfathomable] reason (but I don't believe him heh). Hope that answers your question! ;)

To me,when Ji Mong replied that it's a misunderstanding,I take it that it could mean 2 things.One is that Wang So misunderstand him because he did it for the sake of HaeSoo.Rather than becoming a slave,becoming a damiwon lady is much safer.The other meaning of Ji Mong's reply is that he did it for the sake of Wang So.Because he would probably know how important HaeSoo is in the development of WangSo in becoming a king.

That's what I think.What do you guys think about JiMong's intentions?

Edited by dramu51ch0c10ve
Grammar error
  • Like 13

47 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I was just thinking how SHR might end.It would be so cool that when Ha Jin wakes up from her coma/fainting after being rescued from drowning,the first person she sees when she opens her eyes is reincarnation of Wang So dressed in doctor's clothing.Then maybe they can continue their love story inthe 21st century.There is a very slim chance such a scene would happen but never mind...I can dream a happy ending rite?:phew:

Rescue - yes-- but sorry to say that ... he in my Eyes is not a Doctor ! And I don´t want him to see like that.

He was on a Tour with his Motorbike and just made a Break at the Sea...

Trouble is - even if they met in the modern Time and we will get a half happy End -my Heart will still break for the real So who was left behind in a difficult Time without the Love of his Love - the Love more importend to him than his Life....

• Like 13

Hello @littleloony. I went through soompi-withdrawal mode for about 1week+, and during that time, the forum seemed to have exploded, so I'm still in catchup mode. As I was bulldozing through the pages, I kept on setting aside posts that I wanted to comment on... but being a lazybone and lurker that I am, I don't usually get around to them. :vicx: 

Your very eloquent post made me finally sit my butt down and write a proper reply... so thanks for that. Sorry for cutting your post, but your post just makes me wonder...

On 9/25/2016 at 4:45 AM, littleloony said:

SHR may be thought of as that epic where there is Goryeo- a kingdom just newly created by the will of the Heavens and it requires a keeper who will consolidate and stabilize it to make it the most powerful nation of its time. For that to happen a keeper needs to be chosen- not just anyone but only the One who is the most suitable to be able to give proper shape to the nation. So begins a quest and the key to making this choice or the key to Goryeo is represented by Hae Su.

Hajin as Hae Su represents the key to the kingdom of Goryeo and it is her heart that is going to choose the keeper. She is on a quest to find that person who will irrevocably own her heart... 

I am a pessimist, and not a romantic. As such, MLSHR drives me nuts, because I always felt as if it is the story of Heavens playing a very cruel trick on two unsuspecting individuals... both starving (and very much deserving) of love and affection... and yet them finding said love in one another would be against the laws of nature, and thus would most probably doom to fail. I asked myself: If they were to have never met, wouldn't it have been kinder? Yes, they say, "'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all," but the pain of losing one another is the cruel fate that I'd rather spare them from.

Yet through the mythical lens you've created, it provided a whole new outlook to me. You see...

As a time-travel nut and believer of predestination, I've always believed HS's travel to the past as predestined and essential in the making of history as we know it. The pointlessness/hopelessness I have mentioned I was feeling was not for the affairs of the state, but for the sake of the hearts of our OTP. But by your narrative of HS's heart as the key to the Kingdom of Goryeo, I'm starting to see them not as pawns in the game dictated by the Heavens, but the creators of their own destiny. So thanks for helping me find some comfort in your very poetic post.

Edited by zi4r
formatting
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I was wondering the same too. if WS have a reincarnation in the future, then, the princes will have too, maybe they will involve in HJ live too?. will the story go that far?

• Like 9

8 hours ago, redfrommars said:

IU pulling LJK's wig

just our OTP sailing behind the scenes xD :wub:

THANK GOD ITS MOONDAY!!!!

I have been an IU fan since she was 17. I can roughly tell you what that action means. Don't forget, he's a sunbaenim 11 years older. They know each other very well for her to dare to do that. She's very happy to see him after a long while and wants a bit of his attention while his paws are all over Baek Hyun:blush:

• Like 24