[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I think Haesoo has behaved  well as far as Wang Wook is concerned. Yes, her feelings were stirred by him, his kindness and appearance but after the moment when he wanted to kiss her, she did keep her distance as far as possible, she did not stalk him or sought him out, she tried hard to control her mind and thoughts about him either by focusing on his wife or even thinking about him as a landlord and it was always she who always broke away from his grasp or his hand. That, I think would be what is expected of a sensible person who wants to not further or may want to even end a relationship.

It was a credit to Haesoo's integrity that she took responsibility for her own actions, although there were some mitigating factors, from my viewpoint. The first quoted by her was, taking his hand when she first came into the palace. At that moment she was bewildered and crying and he went in as 'family' and master of the house to assure her ( who supposedly had lost her memory) by offering his hand to her. It was an innocent act on her part that she took his hand, as a child would. The second quoted by her was ,she came out of her room when he came with the balm. In this case, I think if any of the princes had gone to see her , she would have gone out as well cause she was angry and hurt that people with no standing would be tied and beaten like animals in that place. Yes, her feelings for him might have caused her to run out at the last momnet and it would have been much better if she had not gone out. Yes, she needn't and shouldn't have given him the piece of soap but although she is supposedly 24 years old, I think those of us who are much older can remember our foolishness at that age. Wang Wook  being a man of the world, older and married , and with authority in his household should be the one who should have kept his eyes and mind in better control and had ordered circumstances so that they would never be alone together if he did not want to be tempted. Why did he hang around outside her room with the balm, or given her the poem or only sought for her face when they were visiting the palace etc etc? He was the one chasing after her, with no good ending in sight at that time. In modern times, if a married, rich man behaves like that towards a vulnerable, single young lady like that, we might have called him a scum bag.

I hope against hope, that the story would not be as dark and heart breaking as the Chinese version, and the writer has taken creative license to give us a happy ending somehow. Oh! for Haesoo and Wang So to be together and happy ever after!

• Like 21

Regarding the novel of the drama pix that was posted, what I read on weibo is that people are buying the cover with lee joon gi, that's why the stack is lower than the other two stack featuring IU n KHN. 

It's really funny:D

------

Love all the hair pins of Hae Soon. So pretty all of them.

------

Glad the topic index has this drama coming out tops, there is still hope after all :) 

-------

With regards to So's obsession, sooner or later he has to do something to see her more often. 

• Like 22

i think when HS enter the palace she will mend tge broken bond between the prince... all of them in a way restrict themselve so they don't really open with each other but now they all have a common thing... 

they all related to Haesoo.. you can see that HS walk with WJ and BaekAh.. also Eun who i think will console HS after Lady Hae death... WS?? i wonder why he seem so angry with HS maybe because she hurting herself... 

so HS will became the important people in palace because she have connection with prince.. just like YH said 'that girl receive all the attention'.. 

not because she ask for the attention but because she charming she just became a centre in all prince life..

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

This is from the longer preview of Episode 6.

Can we surmise from this that the crazy astromer had something to do with Hae Soo's marriage? Wang So looks super pee'd with him. Maybe she's been sold in exchange for Wang So to the Kangs in Shinju?

its been a long time i guess since i see that level of intensity in WS face... he really pis* off and want to find a way out for HS... maybe because JM is the king advisor he can break off the wedding or like u said its because he have something to do with the marriage... 

either way we can see how he affected by HS marriage.. he just can't accept that no matter what eveb before he have feeling for HS.. its because  in his heart she someone that worth a lot more than became a palace puppet to be married to stranger like that..

• Like 21

4 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Not sure if I want to start on this since I can't get over Bu Bu Jing Xin (Scarlet Heart)... the second one was so bad. 

Although this is an adaptation, I will wait.. 

I found this adaptation so much better than C-version.  The 4th prince WS has so much more depth and character and the slow development of our OTP is so well thought out unlike C-version.  However, feel free to wait, at least you won't be suffering like us "eclipsers" each week for the next episodes :crazy:

• Like 18

@LyraYoo Thanks for choosing my comments!! I feel really honoured!

Now back to our subject the moon... Sorry if I am quoting myself but I've noticed something really important was missing. The reasons I am quoting myself are

- I want the analysis to be complete

- I had already received so many likes ... not sure, people would read the edit.

I also like the title of this drama: Moon lovers. Wang So and Hae Soo's major encounters did happen during the night:

- the bath where she sees his scar and how vulnerable he is - the night in the woods and later, how she explained her action so that the witness got killed. By saying that she just wanted to live, she touched Wang So's heart 

- the night before he went on his killing spree: the talk about mothers

- the meeting at the stones piles again, where he is covered in blood. Here again, she witnessed how vulnerable and upset he is. She shows concern and care ... she consoles him. - the last night before he leaves for the palace and she wishes him well. She shows concern and care for him. 

Finally, this last scene is even more important because she is the one who looks at the sky and the stars and expresses her joy to be able to watch these. Wang So can't forget her remark so that he wishes to see the stars too. But actually, when Wang So is looking at the sky, the director shows us the moon implying that he is not really looking at the stars, but at the moon. Like I had mentioned it before, the moon embodies Hae Soo (scene of the eclipse in the episode 1) and for Wang So, she is already the moon for him, as if she was his guide and companion, but noone knows about it because it is dark and secret. Their relationship is a secret and noone has ever noticed their interaction. 

I came to realise that Hae Soo, associated to the moon, contrasts very much with the Queen Yoo. Queen Yoo keeps saying that she would like to shine implying that she would like to be seen like the sun. Striking is that the moon is considered as the Queen of the night. So we have two queens:

- Hae Soo as the future guide of Wang So, Queen of the night. 

- Queen Yoo as the past sun, Wang So was gravitating around her looking for her affection and her "light", but he failed.

Interesting is that the moon's light is more subtile and discret therefore Hae Soo will stay in the background. This also explains why she will remain unknown in History because she will never shine as Queen like Yoo. While Yoo wants to shine like a sun, she is using golden jewelries and as many as possible, Hae Soo will do the exact opposite, she will be a maid, a court lady but never the official wife of Wang So. 

Wang So wanted so much to be loved by the sun (Yoo), but failed. However he found a new Queen, the moon... besides, two suns can't coexist. Since the sun symbolises Wang So, he will be the future king and no queen will shine like him next to him. In my opinion, even if he marries Yeon Hwa, he will never allow her to shine like him, he will act differently from his father.  

@solelylurking thanks for the compliment!!! :wub:Here another post to read!

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

I want to know who is Yoo current wife, is she has less power than YH so Yoo seducing he too??? Or he do it just to hurt Soo?? Or it's just because he a player too?

From Wikipedia: King Jeongjong

• Consorts:
  1. Queen Mungong (문공왕후)
  2. Queen Munseong (문성왕후)
  3. Lady Cheongjunamwon

Yeon Hwa is a favourite of the King, so he might see her as a suitable bauble to possess. Plus he would curry favour with the King. Or as you say to annoy Wang So :D

• Like 17

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Well, one reason that they would need the same actor for 2 roles is to illustrate the fact/possibility that there are dopplegangers/counterparts for characters in the past & present(Future). We know Ha Jin/Hae Soo. Now we see Homeless Guy/ Ji Mong. Since he is there, this opens up the possibility that other pairs exist. WS may have a counterpart in 2016, WW may have a counterpart in 2016. They are different people, but they look the same. So if Hae Soo were to return to 2016 back in her own body as Ha Jin, there is the possibility she may meet WS counterpart. And it would make sense because she met Ji Mong counterpart, the homeless guy. 

In the C-Drama version, Ruoxi was actually an ancestor of the modern day Rouxi (I'm sorry but her modern day name escapes me). I liked this fact because it helped to provide a connection between the 2 women and the past/present. It also explained why they looked alike-they were actually family, with shared DNA, so it made sense that there was a "family resemblance".  Unfortunately, the K-drama version doesn't seem to have this as they haven't mentioned Ha Jin  being related to Hae Soo, or them sharing a common ancestor. It's too bad because i think that would be another way to explain the coincidences between past & present. Everyone is a descendant of/related to the Goreyo characters. The homeless guy is a descendant of Ji Mong, Ha Jin is a descendant of Hae Soo, so there could be the descendant of WS also in the present. 

I wouldn't rule anything out at this point since we are only 5 episodes into the show so don't be prematurely disappointed about the DNA stuff, you would be surprised at how ancestry DNA can be shared far down the line by many.:P

• Like 15

Another thing that tickling from this picture is not about JM who "might know something" about the marriage 

ImnH9gn.gif

But about WS and BA. We haven't witnessed a scene where they converse together, When WS met the brothers in 1st episode Eun, Jung and Won are startled as if they're going to faint. Yoo just stare and smirked while Wook greet him. And Baek Ah he did look surprise but his next gesture just like he is happy to see him. 

And when YH whipped HS, BA is standing behind Soo, as if they're walking together before. In this scene we also see BA join with Soo in seeking JM help And in teaser we also see BA is together with Soo and General making ally. 

So BA has been close with Soo since when?

• Like 24

A question here....

From my understanding Princess Yeonhwa is Prince Wang Wook's younger sister from the same set of parents while Prince Wang So is their half brother,  ie same father different mother. However why do I get the impression that Princess Yeonhwa has feeling for  Wang So & is hinting to him she wants to marry him instead of the man her father, the king would arrange for her?

• Like 13

Can we take a moment to appreciate how beautiful the costumes are. Most sagueks have those standard robes but look at the workmanship here. Such rich detailing on the men's costumes

Also there are so many beautiful locales they have shot in. I wish sometimes the director would just linger a bit more on the wide/long shots so viewers can take in all the beauty.

This is only one complaint i have. The director just doesn't let you soak up all the beauty on screen.

• Like 23