[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

10 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

From Wikipedia: King Jeongjong

• Consorts:
  1. Queen Mungong (문공왕후)
  2. Queen Munseong (문성왕후)
  3. Lady Cheongjunamwon

Yeon Hwa is a favourite of the King, so he might see her as a suitable bauble to possess. Plus he would curry favour with the King. Or as you say to annoy Wang So :D

omo...3 wives already......Even King Taejo did has many wives because he marry them as one of his dispute plan to reunite with the family, to gather support and power....but this Yoo...from the way he approach YH based on picture...I really don't think he think as his dad....

• Like 13

@Yippeuni I believe, Yeon Hwa and Yo must have played a part in the arranged marriage. However, I fear that JM might have had a word in it too. He has a huge influence on the king Taejo. If he has knowledge of the future, he might have realised that Hae Soo is from the future and her presence might have a negative impact on History. If so, this means that JM knows that Wang So is predestined to become the king later and something in the past must have changed it. Therefore he is trying by any means to make sure that History won't change. Jm knows that Wang Wook can't marry Hae Soo that's why he could have played a role in it. So he used his influence in order to get rid of Hae Soo because he sees her as a disturbance. Yet, at some point, he will realise that he had it all wrong. He might tell Hae Soo to support Wang So: this could be the reason why she says "I can do it" and why she will refuse to run away with him.

• Like 19

@Yippeuni one poster here has informed earlier that there was a scene cut by the director between So and Baek ah.

Apparently earlier on there were leak scripts that I think Yo slime Baek ah for his background (less powerful clan) and So step in to tell Yo off. This was supposed to have happened before the whipping scene.

This suppose help So and Baek ah to get closer.:) 

• Like 24

4 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

There are so many talented Eclipses/Time Travelers!

Love those you shared too @akinahana89

I watched them twice and couldn't help myself, hadta screenshot

img1473588644575.jpg

This scene gets me every time and Wang So's eyes.. Geesh He nailed that combo of emotion : sad, vulnerable, disbelief and hope.

And love the purple filter

img1473588080623.jpg

27hours to next episode. Monday Moon is upon us soon

• Like 23

17 minutes ago, lxands said:

A question here....

From my understanding Princess Yeonhwa is Prince Wang Wook's younger sister from the same set of parents while Prince Wang So is their half brother,  ie same father different mother. However why do I get the impression that Princess Yeonhwa has feeling for  Wang So & is hinting to him she wants to marry him instead of the man her father, the king would arrange for her?

She is has feeling for Soo. And in the beginning Soo seem had an eye also for her, as if you refer to earlier episode where Soo got hurt in his arm because the attach during the ritual dance, YH step in to treat him and after that Soo saying that he once has a thought that he is curious of how YH will become when she is grow up. Both has smile in their face that time. 

And when YH whipped HS and Soo stop even defend on HS by telling her that HS is his, YH look so angry she even clench her fist. 

And someone once post in here (I'm sorry I forgot who), YH is the most best wife candidate among the pincess except Wook, because she has the highest power and a favourable of the King. So marrying YH means the couple will have highest power even maybe can make their way to the throne easily. 

And if you are talking about incest, I think in that era they will ignore that aspect. Yoo and Soo think YH as a woman not a dongsaeng. 

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Yippeuni I believe, Yeon Hwa and Yo must have played a part in the arranged marriage. However, I fear that JM might have had a word in it too. He has a huge influence on the king Taejo. If he has knowledge of the future, he might have realised that Hae Soo is from the future and her presence might have a negative impact on History. If so, this means that JM knows that Wang So is predestined to become the king later and something in the past must have changed it. Therefore he is trying by any means to make sure that History won't change. Jm knows that Wang Wook can't marry Hae Soo that's why he could have played a role in it. So he used his influence in order to get rid of Hae Soo because he sees her as a disturbance. Yet, at some point, he will realise that he had it all wrong. He might tell Hae Soo to support Wang So: this could be the reason why she says "I can do it" and why she will refuse to run away with him.

When HS confronted JM, he did wink at her and told her to behave according to the place she is in. So i think he knows who she is (like he knows she is from the future) 

Only thing is that i am unsure where JM's loyalty lies, it seems that maybe because he knows the future, he is one of the driving force/influence for WS to become king. But i am not sure how he will eventually tie in with regards to HS-WS? Maybe he doesnt have that much of a role with regards to that?

still a lot of 'maybes'

26 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Another thing that tickling from this picture is not about JM who "might know something" about the marriage 

But about WS and BA. We haven't witnessed a scene where they converse together, When WS met the brothers in 1st episode Eun, Jung and Won are startled as if they're going to faint. Yoo just stare and smirked while Wook greet him. And Baek Ah he did look surprise but his next gesture just like he is happy to see him. 

And when YH whipped HS, BA is standing behind Soo, as if they're walking together before. In this scene we also see BA join with Soo in seeking JM help And in teaser we also see BA is together with Soo and General making ally. 

So BA has been close with Soo since when?

As mention by @qwenli that there were some scenes for Baek Ah and WS together before HS got whipped. I am not sure whether they are fully friends or allies yet. But i think there is some direction towards that? and if so i am looking forward to it. I would like to see WS be surrounded with more allies or friends.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, MadraRua said:

MOD EDIT: Do not quote videos

Longer preview for Episode 6 cheer1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Hmmm.... I guess uri OTP won't have much more scene together in eps 6. Appareantly, Hae Soo - Wang Wook still a thing. I do hope, our PDnim put a lot of Hae Soo-Wang So on the next episodes. I just like their cute ranting to each other.

Usually in K-Dramaland, when one drama has 20 episodes, the OTP's love story will emerge at 9 or 10th episode. CMIIW.

but still, hwaiting uri OTP \^o^/

Edited by akinahana89
  • Like 15

@kaoriharang I think Ji Mong is essentially trying to keep history on it's track. It's why he supports the CP now and has organised to keep Wang So in the city. If he has anything to do with Hae Soo's marriage he may also be trying to remove her from the equation because he knows she doesn't belong in history. 

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The things you learn when you spend time on Soompi! ;) Not the love triangle part of course. That was obviously always on the cards.

There's no doubt that there's something inherently dangerous about So that will always be part of his personality. You can take the man out of the wilderness but you can't take the wilderness out of the man. I am supposing now that the temple purge was a harbinger of things to come. If they plan to follow the broad brush of history, I expect that we will see more purges.

I've been a bit concerned that they would turn So into Darth Vader Goryeo style and that may now end up being the route being taken. He's already got one foot in the dark side and plunging him right into it head first would see him really become the monster that people already think that he is. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

That said, I have never loved LJK more than I love him in this show. Apart from putting in a performance par excellence, I find the many sided aspect of Wang So highly immersive and awe inspiring.

Still I'd be disturbingly happy to see an "obsessive" Wang So if it means lots of unbridled passion exploding all over the screen. :lol:

I really love the analogy here because Anakin was a person full of passion and it was his love for his wife that pushed him to the dark side. I don't think, we will see the purges (9595-975) as such, but I can imagine that the moment Hae Soo leaves him (her death), this will trigger Wang So to become more aggressive. 

• Like 20

LOL...I found this post is funny 

Beans of Wisdom: Pool dangers and threat of disnumberment

by DB Staff | September 10, 2016 | 54 Comments

atz has a message in “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 4” comment #34:

Dear HeadsNo2:

I don’t think we, your viewers, mind if you skip writing Queen Sinmyeongsunseong’s name and quote her what ever you like to call her from now on. I can see the pain of quoting her titled name every time you need to write her name!! Her name is just way too long!! I am not even sure if I did copy her name right! Your recapping is great and fast so you are entitled to quote the evil queen( Sorry I refuse to quote her real name) whatever you wish to call her. Great job as always.

Which has blnmom suggesting:

Queen S?
Queen Sin?
Sin Queen?
Queen SMS?

Yoyo:

Evil Queen?

bbstl

Queen SMH

And nchoe’s brilliant idea:

I’m considering to use her name as my wifi password

ME : CRAZY EOMMA

Wandering writes in comment #46:

Loved this episode especially the scene where Su is following Wook’s footsteps in the snow contrasted with the last scene where she’s also following him in the snow except he’s carrying his dead wife with him.

I thought those two scenes say so much about their relationship in the future. It might seem like it can work now that Lady Hae is gone, but the weight of her memory and what she meant to both of them will also come in between them. I can’t see how they would get past that. But regardless of where it goes, I still think their love, however forbidden it may be, is pure and beautiful just like the snow. Sometimes, it’s hard to remember but there are many different types of love that we experience, and I think while So might be end game, this was a love Su also had to experience.

On a different note, I also loved that scene because it was almost as if Lady Hae’s most precious person was carrying her into the afterlife. It was sad and beautiful at the same time.

Also, after this episode, I kind of wish I paid more attention to my history teachers.

ME : I LOVE THAT SCENE TOO 

More at http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/beans-of-wisdom-pool-dangers-and-threat-of-disnumberment/

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

@kaoriharang I think Ji Mong is essentially trying to keep history on it's track. It's why he supports the CP now and has organised to keep Wang So in the city. If he has anything to do with Hae Soo's marriage he may also be trying to remove her from the equation because he knows she doesn't belong in history. 

though then i wonder if lets say he also has memories of his future self. then why did HS get sent to the past?

14 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

Hmmm.... I guess uri OTP won't have much more scene together in eps 6. Appareantly, Hae Soo - Wang Wook still a thing. I do hope, our PDnim put a lot of Hae Soo-Wang So on the next episodes. I just like their cute ranting to each other.

Usually in K-Dramaland, when one drama has 20 episodes, the OTP's love story will emerge at 9 or 10th episode. CMIIW.

i read somewhere that this drama has 21 ep? is that correct?

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Well, one reason that they would need the same actor for 2 roles is to illustrate the fact/possibility that there are dopplegangers/counterparts for characters in the past & present(Future). We know Ha Jin/Hae Soo. Now we see Homeless Guy/ Ji Mong. Since he is there, this opens up the possibility that other pairs exist. WS may have a counterpart in 2016, WW may have a counterpart in 2016. They are different people, but they look the same. So if Hae Soo were to return to 2016 back in her own body as Ha Jin, there is the possibility she may meet WS counterpart. And it would make sense because she met Ji Mong counterpart, the homeless guy. 

In the C-Drama version, Ruoxi was actually an ancestor of the modern day Rouxi (I'm sorry but her modern day name escapes me). I liked this fact because it helped to provide a connection between the 2 women and the past/present. It also explained why they looked alike-they were actually family, with shared DNA, so it made sense that there was a "family resemblance".  Unfortunately, the K-drama version doesn't seem to have this as they haven't mentioned Ha Jin  being related to Hae Soo, or them sharing a common ancestor. It's too bad because i think that would be another way to explain the coincidences between past & present. Everyone is a descendant of/related to the Goreyo characters. The homeless guy is a descendant of Ji Mong, Ha Jin is a descendant of Hae Soo, so there could be the descendant of WS also in the present. 

Hi...I've been a lurker since a few days ago, and have been enjoying everyone's insightful posts.

I am interested with what you posted, about doppleganger, or having the same ancestors. I agreed with your opinion, however, as much as I want Hae Soo to meet Wang So from the future (or someone that resembles Goryeo Wang So), I cannot get behind this idea that that Hae Soo will fall in love with someone else, even he bears Goryeo Wang So's face. I am sorry for being weird....hahaha....many time-travelling drama used this trope (Rooftop Prince, Splash Splash Love) but I honestly feel like the heroine fall for the face, not the essence of what made her falling for the hero at the first place (personality, their shared memories). So I honestly hoping the writer will avoid this trope. Isn't it sad enough to see someone that resembles our dead lover but he has no idea about who we are, at all...Im gonna have a heart break if thats what they will show us...

If they want to go to this route, hopefully Goryeo Wang So gonna live inside the future Wang So, and I'd rather watching him struggling to adjust living in future setting, with internet and all ^^

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, hikari2016 said:

as much as I want Hae Soo to meet Wang So from the future (or someone that resembles Goryeo Wang So)

I think this will be happening. Ha Jin will not forever trapped in HS body, and also she also has some issue to solve in her present life. And I'm sure she will met the future Soo...and even the future princes in her present world. 

But how the writer and director make it happen that I really want to know...

I even had crazy thought that in her present world lady Hae is her mom...ahahahaha I know that's crazy how come she remember JM face but completely blank whe she saw lady Hae for the first time. 

But it will be very pleasant scene to see Ha Jin meet with the future character of these Goryeo princess and lady Hae even everyone. 

• Like 23

16 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

20 episodes + 1 special episode

I hope the special episode will be shown on Drama Fever and it will be more of our OTP SoSoo romancing :wub: I really think they have enough footage for more than 20 episodes, all those cut scenes :cry:

• Like 23

38 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

After seeing this preview the one who carries the hae soo is wang wook but in another preview the one who is carrying hae soo was wang so? I am confused :S

• Like 10