[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

20 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Also remember when it was 10th prince bday the king arranged him to marry 8th prince wife sister in which later on she ran out of the carriage being unreasonable that 8th knocked her out. She was unhappy to see a cheerful 10th prince force into a marriage he doesnt want. In this one im sure she will be outspoken about it 

We may not see the arranged marriage between 10th Prince and 8th Prince's sister in MLSHR. After all, 8th Prince's sister is Yeon Hwa and she's basically a silent participant in the struggle for power. 10th Prince also doesn't stand a high chance of getting the throne and I can't see any reason why the King would find it suitable to wed 10th Prince and Yeon Hwa. Plus, Yeon Hwa is only interested in Wang So.

Whereas in the C-version, while 8th Prince's sister is capable of running the household, much like Yeon Hwa, she doesn't desire power and she has no person of interest. 8th Prince's sister is a supporting character and isn't all that significant. But, I feel, Yeon Hwa serves a higher purpose here, especially if she's capable of succeeding in her schemes and, ultimately, does become queen.

Which is why I think arranging a marriage between Yeon Hwa and 10th Prince would contribute nothing to the plot and even goes against history.

Of course, we could simply see 10th Prince forced into a marriage with some random princess or lady instead of Yeon Hwa, which could make more sense. And if 10th Prince is against it because he doesn't love the woman, then I'm certain Hae Soo will have something to say about that as well, but... I guess we'll see. ^^

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

@itzibitzispider 

Remember when she surprised him in the bath scene without his mask? He dropped it then and she picked it up.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read your question right. I don't think it's the same hairpin, he hasn't given it to her yet and they wouldn't cut an important scene like that out.

I thought so much, too ... but if you compare the hairpin she wears and the one he holds after her beating by th eprincess ,,,, it is with orange perls ... looks to me like THE hairpin .... anyhow seams I did not miss it

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Watched the 5th ... I need to ask ... might be stupid or useless or I just missed the spot

When did HS get the Butterfly hairpin from WS?
After she delivered the letter or rather emoji to WW she wears the Butterfly-hairpin ....

*confused*

They look similar, but it's actually two different hairpins. ^^

WangSoHairPin.pngHaeSooHairpin.png

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I'm guessing the motivation is probably Hae Soo and I have a feeling that 8th is actually ambition for the throne he's just not showing it yet. The way when he got annoyed when WS said HS is his and 8th replied nobody is his meaning he is possessive so I have a feeling that when HS begins to fall for WS that's what pushed him to probably want to fight for the throne

Hide contents

maybe they changed 13th and 14th role. cause Lady Hae said HS reminded her of 13th alot so he might fall for HS and his character remind me of 14th in BBJX. 14th so far is too playful and i feel like he's not mature 

Your analysis is rational. I see 8th/WW to be possessive of HS so there's a probability that she will still be the cause of the fight. I'm wondering as well, how will she blame herself in the future.. if what happened, happened.. Anyway since the plot is really different from the original, we people that watched the BBJX got to enjoy Moonlovers in completely different experience.

I want more, I promised to watch it when subtitle is out, but again I end up watching the episodes 2 to 3 times, from live streaming, without sub and lastly with subs. Haha:heart:

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, mintkiss said:

@akinahana89 correct me if I'm wrong, but 10th is forced to marry the general's daughter I believe...

If you're talking about the Mongolian clan with Princess Min Min, she falls in love with 13th Prince, but they don't get married because he doesn't not want to marry her. Later on, her father arranges for her to marry Prince Zuo Ying, which she throws a tantrum over, only to fall in love with him at first sight.

10th Prince marries the lady who pushes Ruo Xi down the stairs. But I think I'm still mistaken. She's not 8th Prince's sister, but 8th Prince's first wife's sister. ^^;

• Like 9

@bebebisous33 That's an interesting subject. In the trailer Yo stated that the bloodshed happened because of King Taejo's favoritism.. for several reasons, I find his statement fitting.. but not really sure. If he actually does favor one of his child because of affection or just simply because it's the best interest of his kingdom? (him embracing the throne more results being a lousy father) Actually I find him equally cold-blooded to Queen Yoo.. or worst more, at least Queen Yoo is brutally candid on how she despise So. That might be one of the reason why King Taejo sent him to shinju and all, but I can't still shake the main idea that he sent him to shinju because of his face.. if what I read in here was a fact during that during the early era.. that scarred face of So is denied by most and must likely to taint his dynasty.. and as a proud reputable king it's not acceptable..so he neglected him, he gave him away coz that's the only useful thing left that So is capable of.. if only he could cut blood ties, he will.. he'll probably suck out his blood from So, IMO. But then the tides change.. he's now useful to him. A shield to his "beloved?" crown prince, which infuriates me more :angry:

Does he really favored the crown prince because she loves her mother more than the others(if this theory is accurate) or because of the crown prince's star shines the brightest(according to Ji Mong) that'll intensify his legacy. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to shade him negatively.. for who knows that all the bad-cop-deeds is actually because he just wants the best for his people (I know it's too early for me to judge.. but as of now that's how I have decipher King Taejo)? Then I won't discredit him.. He's a great king-- (but I can't close my eyes, he's horrible as a father). or worst case it's all just to feed his ambition. -- So if ever I was right then this is an up vote for Yo.

Spoiler: This is just me hitting nirvana to pre-occupy myself from getting crazy waiting for episode 6 :sweatingbullets:. Pardon me big time please! (You're free to ignore my absurdity :w00t: HAHAHAHA!) 

Spoiler

I don't know but I'm kinda caught up with the idea on how the astronomer is behind the time travel or what's the actual reason of the time travel to begin with. I actually came up with a full-of-holes-basis and might be a complete non-sense.. but what if, a complete what if.. Ha Jin is originally from Goryeo's era? I mean what's the use of bringing Ha Jin along with him.. if right now he's a huge influence to King Taejo and to the princes.. I believe by controlling the most powerful piece is enough to engineered things. One more thing if the writer's goal is something like Ji Mong wise words "Your life can't change just because you want it to" that means no matter how Ha Jin as Soo steer the ship it's destination will never change -- what's written in history is bound to happen. Maybe Ha Jin is a real catalyst from Goryeo that wasn't written in history (I think this was already mentioned, pardon me but let me borrow your idea)  and choose to forget because of all the misery and despair, thus reincarnated her in the 21st century as So is actually waiting for her to remember him that might be the reason why she was sent back to Goryeo, to recognize So (in the 21st century)

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

Spoiler: This is just me hitting nirvana to pre-occupy myself from getting crazy waiting for episode 6 :sweatingbullets:. Pardon me big time please! (You're free to ignore my absurdity :w00t: HAHAHAHA!) 

Hide contents

I don't know but I'm kinda caught up with the idea on how the astronomer is behind the time travel or what's the actual reason of the time travel to begin with. I actually came up with a full-of-holes-basis and might be a complete non-sense.. but what if, a complete what if.. Ha Jin is originally from Goryeo's era? I mean what's the use of bringing Ha Jin along with him.. if right now he's a huge influence to King Taejo and to the princes.. I believe by controlling the most powerful piece is enough to engineered things. One more thing if the writer's goal is something like Ji Mong wise words "Your life can't change just because you want it to" that means no matter how Ha Jin as Soo steer the ship it's destination will never change -- what's written in history is bound to happen. Maybe Ha Jin is a real catalyst from Goryeo that wasn't written in history (I think this was already mentioned, pardon me but let me borrow your idea)  and choose to forget because of all the misery and despair, thus reincarnated her in the 21st century as So is actually waiting for her to remember him that might be the reason why she was sent back to Goryeo, to recognize So (in the 21st century)

I just got chills while reading this. It's an amazing "what if" and one that I can actually see, if all the pieces can align together this way. This is why I love this thread! So many ideas, theories, and possibilities! :D

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

If you're talking about the Mongolian clan with Princess Min Min, she falls in love with 13th Prince, but they don't get married because he doesn't not want to marry her. Later on, her father arranges for her to marry Prince Zuo Ying, which she throws a tantrum over, only to fall in love with him at first sight.

10th Prince marries the lady who pushes Ruo Xi down the stairs. But I think I'm still mistaken. She's not 8th Prince's sister, but 8th Prince's first wife's sister. ^^;

whoops, I was referring to the k-version 10th prince and the earlier discussion re possible marriage between him and princess yeonghwa. ^^ sorry, I should probably read all pages first before responding XD

but you're right, in the c-version the emperor arranges a marriage between 10th and 8th's first wife's little sister (who yes, pushed RuoXi down the stairs and was her rival in the beginning of the story lol)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, minmar said:

Re:Dr Myri Blogspot.  Just from the style of writing and the interspersing of that running commentary,,, I would guesstimate that the the author of this blog is an overly self impressed 20 something with descent writing skills, bad acne and nothing else to do but start a blog. IF not they should be. I get the impression he likes rubbing people the wrong way... en masse.

Yes, I read a few lines and stop because it was clearly a juvenile rant to me. 

We have to be mindful of what we read. Everyone can create blogs and write reviews in this digital age and although everyone has a writing style preference,  we don't have to take every piece of writing seriously. 

Can you imagine if even 1% of the 100mil viewers of China write a review each week? That's like a million reviews?:sweatingbullets:

Anyway, in my early days of soompi, I have to confessed I picked a few fights too. Lol. All part of growing up, I guess.

That said, the week has whizzed by and we are on Friday already! Monday is not far now!:wub:

• Like 15

Hello! This is my first time actually being involved with this thread and "contributing" I guess you could say. I don't really use my Soompi account, but ever since MLSHR was released I have been silently reading all your insights and analysis! (Creepy I know hahah)

Well I just wanted to comment that I really liked how the hair pin is already presented in the korean ver. Not sure whether this will be a spoiler to BBJX, but just in case it might, I'll hide it lol.

Spoiler

Im not sure if the hair pin that WS got for his mom is actually the magnolia hair pin that the 4th prince in BBJX gave Ruo Xi. But I think WS will definitely give the hairpin to HS later on in the series instead because she's now the woman who he loves and cares for the most. It used to be his mother's love that he wanted, but later on it will eventually be HS's heart that he yearns for. Therefore, he will give it to her — or rather put it on her hair like the 4th prince did for RuoXi (he did this the second time he presented her with the hairpin since the first one broke).

I don't know if someone already mentioned this or not — if you did, sorry I didn't mean to repeat what you said (its hard sometimes catching up with everyone). I think most people who watched BBJX and are now watching MLSHR are predicting this too :D

• Like 14

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

We may not see the arranged marriage between 10th Prince and 8th Prince's sister in MLSHR. After all, 8th Prince's sister is Yeon Hwa and she's basically a silent participant in the struggle for power. 10th Prince also doesn't stand a high chance of getting the throne and I can't see any reason why the King would find it suitable to wed 10th Prince and Yeon Hwa. Plus, Yeon Hwa is only interested in Wang So.

Whereas in the C-version, while 8th Prince's sister is capable of running the household, much like Yeon Hwa, she doesn't desire power and she has no person of interest. 8th Prince's sister is a supporting character and isn't all that significant. But, I feel, Yeon Hwa serves a higher purpose here, especially if she's capable of succeeding in her schemes and, ultimately, does become queen.

Which is why I think arranging a marriage between Yeon Hwa and 10th Prince would contribute nothing to the plot and even goes against history.

Of course, we could simply see 10th Prince forced into a marriage with some random princess or lady instead of Yeon Hwa, which could make more sense. And if 10th Prince is against it because he doesn't love the woman, then I'm certain Hae Soo will have something to say about that as well, but... I guess we'll see. ^^

lol what I meant was that in this version it looks like 10th prince might be hook up probably with another girl possible since we all know in history Yeon Hwa is suppose to be with Wang So. I remember in the trailer there was a female warrior that took interest in 10th, maybe she is arrange to marry him instead? I'm curious who is going to take interest in Seohyun character. I'm getting 13 and 14 confused all the time lol I just know when 13th is on screen is when he has some ornament hanging from his hair 

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

lol what I meant was that in this version it looks like 10th prince might be hook up probably with another girl possible since we all know in history Yeon Hwa is suppose to be with Wang So. I remember in the trailer there was a female warrior that took interest in 10th, maybe she is arrange to marry him instead? I'm curious who is going to take interest in Seohyun character. I'm getting 13 and 14 confused all the time lol I just know when 13th is on screen is when he has some ornament hanging from his hair 

lol. Sorry, I guess I went off in a completely different direction. At least it helped me refresh my memory for the c-version. LOL.

I get 13th and 14th mixed up sometimes too since I find them a little similar in appearance and I'm not very familiar with either of them. I've never seen Ji Soo in a drama before and my only experience with Nam Joo Hyuk was in Surplus Princess. (But I just remember that 14th prince has smaller eyes than 13th. LOL)

• Like 11

1 hour ago, pwnkl said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hold that thought, it may not be that absurd. If you remember at the beginning saying that she wished she could sleep for a hundred or a thousand years and forget everything, so maybe it is time for her to wake up and remember everything in the distant past. Not a bad ending :thumbsup:

• Like 16