[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@briseis I just realize So ask "why?" to Soo's comment not to say she is his again thanks to your gifs. Like it was ok to claim anyone before the relationship even started hahaha. But maybe back then it was ok to call dibs on a girl :) thanks for the gifs. 

@junee22 noooooo... I hope They still aired the eps even if it's late or after the match if it's true. Better late than nothing. 

1 hour ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Sorry to cut your post:

What I really want to see is 13th relationship with Lady Hae like when did he fell for her etc

Maybe they will show it in the next ep when 13th shared grieve with Soo. 

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

Based on this pictures...

and your gif....

....I fear that Haesoo is trying to cut her wrist by that ceramic fragment :cry:

My first reaction was ... :tears::bawling: but then.. "Yes. Yes, So! Be worried and more protective over her. Let the love bloom between you."

Just so you know, I'm seeing a psychiatrist after this all end hahaha... 

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Hi I love what you said here because I have been justifying to myself why she is so unafraid of him. That is the constant question for him too which really piques his curiosity.

Your post spark an Eureka moment for me. I realised since Soo is an "alien", she has no background knowledge of him.She has never heard of him until she "arrived". Although a villager and Chae Ryung had told her of his horrid reputation, but it did not quite sank into her. I think in part, the first time she met him, she was scooped up onto his horse and you know first impressions last a lifetime, he saved her. 

Then she came right up to him when he was unclothed, he almost strangled him but one can almost understand that reaction. If I got caught in a men's sauna, and some half naked man railed at me, I would understand its my fault. :D

After that, she saw him all bloodied and emotional when he was at the yard smashing stones, then, all she saw was an injured, deeply upset man. 

Hence, she never had a chance to be afraid of him. I may have got some of the sequence wrong, but the only time she was angry with him was when he wanted to let the assassin kill her in the bamboo forest, that set up her wall against him which is the backdrop to all their strange bickering.:D 

When she bumped into him before the snow fall and he told her he is moving back to the palace, out of the usual 21st century friendly courtesy, she told him to eat well and sleep well. But these words meant a mountain to him, I wonder if he has even hear these from anybody. Thus that night, when snow falls on them, he saw she was a beautiful girl both in looks and in heart. :wub:

I know in Korea, the first snow fall of the year is always special. I heard, you even can take an opportunity to kiss someone, much like standing under the holly wreath during Christmas.:D So that moment, was really special for our So and Soo.

To add to this, even if the villager and Chae Ryung had warned and told Hae Soo about Wang So and his ruthless ways, Hae Soo had never experienced it first hand. Well, not until the bamboo forest, but as you said, the heroic first impression had already been made. It's easy to judge others when you've had years of hearing nothing but the rumors and gossip about someone, but it's just as easy to NOT believe it when you're new and completely foreign to those rumors and when the first encounter was a somewhat positive one. From her modern world perspective, Hae Soo already subconsciously knows not to judge someone before getting to know them, but I'm sure it was very different for the people of Goryeo and that concept was not understood.

That's why even if Chae Ryung and the villager had said those negative things about Wang So, it still didn't really strike that chord of fear within her. It's like when someone tells you not to befriend someone else because they're not a good person, but you may not believe it until you witness it for yourself that, yes, that person is mean. (Or, likewise, for relationships, when people tell you you're wrong for each other, but you won't believe it until it all plays out for itself.)

• Like 23

3 hours ago, briseis said:

I love that little moment when they look at each other - it feels so private and even though they don’t say anything, you can read the emotions in their eyes - her gratitude, his answer that he accepts it, their mutual understanding. And in that fleeting moment they almost appear as a chivalrous knight and a lady he came to rescue. But it’s almost over before you notice it. 

@briseis I love this moment too! The first person Wangso looks at after he gets off his horse is her...almost like he's unconsciously seeking her acknowledgement. I was really glad that she rewarded him with a small smile. It almost looked like she was trying to be a tad covert. I'm looking forward to them strengthening the ties that are definitely now established between them.

@uuugogirl Love this artwork, chingu. This is exactly how I would picture Haesoo and Wanso as anime characters.

Finally, I have a feeling someone's already touched on it, but I just wanted to applaud how well Nam JooHyuk did in Ep 5. I'm glad he's gotten a good chance to showcase his acting chops. I look forward to his future scenes with Woo-hee and Wangso...particularly Wangso because it will be nice to finally see ONE of his brothers supporting him.

@Ayame Welcome, Chingu!! Long time no see. So glad you're here!!

• Like 21

Hi guys! I am finally unlurking :) the last time I was active on soompi forums was when the drama Healer was airing but this drama is just too good for me to stay away from this forum.

I was just wondering did anyone start a SoSoo couple ship thread yet? I'm not trying to ship the real life actors Lee Joon Gi and IU but their fictional characters Wang So and Hae Soo. In case this drama does have a sad ending I just want a safe haven for us SoSoo shippers to find solace together lol.

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

New stills. IU chemistry radiates to everyone :D

So the buzz is building up for our actors. ^^

[instiz] THE GRADUATION PHOTOS OF THE MALE ACTORS FROM MOON LOVERS ARE NO JOKEㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

Awwwww...sooooo cute!!!!!! Okay..it's fixed! when I'm pregnant with 2nd child I'm going to watch those pics just so my son could look like them ...:D lol (even though only in my fantasy) thank you @LyraYoo for these pics..

@irilight I somehow managed to register to dramafever..hehehe..use some tricks I know :P

• Like 13

==========

'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' drops brief MV teaser for Taeyeon's OST

By beansss   

'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' has released a brief MV teaser for the drama's upcoming OST Part 5, sung by Girls' Generation's Taeyeon!

"All With You" seems to capture the romance between IU and Kang Ha Neul, playing gently over highlights featuring the two characters. 

The full song drops September 13!

ALLKPOP

• Like 23

11 hours ago, magdale said:

Haesoo will die in the past for this to happen, I think, but will return to the body of who she is in present. Then as their love will never dies, she will meet with a man resemblance to Wang So.

That is the ending of C version. 

I'm not sure K-version will adapt the same story line, as they came very different like the C-version in this 5 episodes. 

14 hours ago, Tang Soon said:

WS marrying YH, there is 2 possibilities.. Political marriage or she is actually HS.  Historical facts stated it is YH but knowing it is the past, no one outside palace actually seen YH but her name and status.. That is if the writer pushing for happy ending.

I'm quite tempting about this too....but logically speaking isn't the queen always show up in a very important event? It will be so hard to explain for me. So for me WS will marry YH for political power. To save HS and get rid Yoo from the throne. 

10 hours ago, shiraru said:

I know we shouldn't compare...but I was watching Bu Bu Jing Xin a bit (haven't finished), and I noticed that Ruoxi seems to know her history better on Qing than Hae Soo on Goryeo. Just a teeny-tiny thought...since I heard that BBJX ends with history not changing despite Ruoxi's involvement, I think it's possible the writer of Moon Lovers made Hae Soo not knowing her history well on purpose. Hae Soo is quite an upright person judging from her asking for the 10th and 4th to apologize for their fault in earlier episodes, an upright person would want to change everything for the better, if they can prevent tragedies, they would do anything for it. If Hae Soo knows her history better, the possibility of her changing the past would be bigger. But this can be a double edged sword though, Hae Soo can still change the past without her knowing it if she doesn't know her history well.

Agree....remember the preview scene, where HS guessing which one among the princess that will in for the throne, she even fear about what's and who's going to have it. And I believe it's JM role to do the "fix" without put any un necessary blood in the process. 

9 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

All the princes (except #3, #9, CP) YH is also present here, What YH is doing here Or she is not YH..? HS does have that purple in her hand so does YH know about kidnapping ?

Omo..what happen in next episode then??

• Like 12

hello (: just someone who is currently loving the drama right now. 

Side note: the whole complaint and nonsense hate that IU is getting for her "big eyes acting" is really ugh. SHE's NOT EVEN THAT BAD IN ACTING, she actually improved A LOT. Ofc, if you compare her acting to LJK OR KHN, there's an obvious difference. For me, I THINK HER ACTING IS FINE.

what annoys me most is the really UNNESSCARY close ups and zoom on the faces out of nowhere. OY.

anyways ;; I do sure my worries on how this love triangle will go. I remember reading a plot when the drama was stil filming that HS will be in a brief relationship w/ WW but she falls in love with WS & those two love each other. I can't wait to see how that will develop. 

• Like 11

12 hours ago, violet90 said:

so there are discussions about YH marrying WS?

here my insight about it.. 

i think WS have to marry YH in order him to became a king.. take Haesoo aside first.. he need to expend his power and by marrying YH he will have more power to reign the throne.. it must be done in order to became a king.. i don't think WS love YH or anything but he respect her enough cause she treat him at least better than everyone else.. i think we will have to see this before WS became a king though.. in BBJX 4th prince treat his wife with care and respect its the same here IF YH changed to better person.. cause right now she just a manipulative person with a goal.. 

about Haesoo? even if WS married he the type that will protect Haesoo no matter what.. if what the description of his love to Haesoo its true we don't have to worry about their relationship.. its just Haesoo will hurt to see him getting married with other girl.. seeing how obsessive WS is with Haesoo i don't think he will never let Haesoo go no matter what.. even when he knew she hurting..

its a warning this drama will eat your alive with all the thing that will came.. i'm here to the end and i hope the writer give us justice in term of story.. 

I think there needs to be even in the C-version the 4th brother does a wife and not just one wife but a few actually. But his heart was always with Ruoxi.

So i guess in the context of the korean drama it has to happen. I am pretty sure historically he does marry his half sister (? please correct me if i am wrong) in order to gain power and influence. Not an usual thing at that time to do so. Not many people marry for love. And about that point that YH is more manipulative compared to the c-version then it would be a whole different dynamic.

Ultimately if the drama does follow the idea of the c-version we all know that WS will love HS wholeheartedly. I am looking forward to those scenes between HS and WS.

Just a quick question about the hairpin that HS found, which belongs to WS. Does anyone know who that hairpin belongs to?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mona Ys said:

what is KKTV? is it Korean tv or Chinese tv?

KKTV is an app / website in Taiwan that streams Asian dramas and movies, particularly from Korea, Japan, China, and locally (Taiwan). Their subs are all in traditional Chinese and subbed by locals. It's affiliated with KKBOX, also Taiwan-based, which streams Asian music. I only know of it because my siblings all use it in Taiwan (I'm Taiwanese), but I've never used it since, the last time I checked, it wasn't available for the U.S.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Out of curiosity I went to youku and click this week's most popular drama and here it is

First place goes to a native China production, second place is our drama Scarlet heart! 3rd and 4th are also Chinese productions, the next in line is Uncontrollably Fond. :) And this is just Youku alone, there should be other backdoor sites to watch as well.:)

THis is a great news.. I hope this great news will be continued in SK too..

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

New stills. IU chemistry radiates to everyone :D

So the buzz is building up for our actors. ^^

[instiz] THE GRADUATION PHOTOS OF THE MALE ACTORS FROM MOON LOVERS ARE NO JOKEㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

IU is very pretty.. I hope WS will always smile like that...

Cant wait until Monday... 4 days to go.. 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Just a quick question about the hairpin that HS found, which belongs to WS. Does anyone know who that hairpin belongs to?

Do you mean ultimately or currently? Currently it just belong to Wang So, since it was meant to be for his mother but then WS felt down when he saw 14th gave another gift for her. In my interpretation, Wang So is trying to give it to her as either a symbol that he still loves his mother or a symbol of Wang So's attempt at winning the mother's love, even if it's only a fragment of it. Ultimately I think the hairpin would belong to Hae Soo as a symbol that Wang So loves Hae Soo.

• Like 12

I think YH is another evil queen. 

She has revenge to queen Yo. Maybe she was causing hwang bo clan can not livee in shongak. 

YH did not care about his brother wife. She said her brother should marry another woman For politic . But WW did not want to do what WY did. A little diff with her mother even lady hae can't give a grandchild but she still respect her  and worry about her sickness. 

When YH give a pillow case to her father (king) her father said he want to married her with another clan . But YH worry if she will go far away from palace.. even she smile with her father. Her smile is fake..she hope she can marrying  someone had power full in the palace.. not want to live far from palace.. she want to be a queen...

If she to be queen . Its must be hard to SoSoo relationship.. if they already love each other...Soo must be hurt alot.. YH can torturing Soo...

I don't want YH to be queen... all of her kindness is fake.. 

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Immortal_Angel said:

haha so I'm a bit interesting how they take on the love relationship in this version but I'm glad I'm not the only one confusing 13 and 14 cause they look similar in many angles lol.

Sorry to cut your post

They are really close friend (in the real world) so maybe because of that they look similar (in my country there is proverb about someone become look alike when they continue together, like husband and wife, or friend for a long time). At first I don't think they look alike, but after I compare them, they indeed look similar. Hahaha...

2 hours ago, junee22 said:

I watched again Arang & The Magistrate just to kill my times until Monday..(but I only watched LJG & Shin Minah scenes lol ) .. can't wait for Monday..but then again..I read at some thread about ep 6 won't aired because of world cup 2018 qualification..is this true?anyone here would know?or somebody already discussed this? please someone tell me if they knew..I really want to see that eps ...:tears:

I see this in this (in One TV Asia web) and the countdown is 3 DAYS AND 8 HOURS. So I think our next ep will still air in Monday 8pm (IND)

• Like 14