[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

13 minutes ago, irilight said:

@MadraRua, @bbygjjang, @Gabi Bros, Thank you all for your comments about Dr.Myri blogspot comments

Hide contents

Like you all, I am loving this drama, but I am not loving the light comical parts (and I did not like them in the previews either). And I did agree with the comments that this particular scene was in poor taste. For that matter, I dislike most of the half naked bodies we see in this production. I have never seen that in any other sageuk or fantasy sageuk.  Personally, I feel - it is the influence of Universal investment in the project - in wanting to cater to Western viewers.

Lee Joon Gi has made a point of never going shirtless, because he wanted to prove himself as an actor first, and not a sexy body (and yes, I do think he is sexy! I love him), but in this production we do get to see him shirtless. I was almost shocked to see that.

There is a lot of good in this production for sure. But I was reading more POV's because I want to understand why the low ratings.

Sorry, that I seem to have offended some of you. That was NOT my intention for sure.

Believe me the low ratings have absolutely nothing to do with a few naked shots because I can cite a few dramas that got high ratings in Korea and had similar fanservice (some as recently as this year). Also, personally I don't like this kind of fanservice either and if it was all the drama had to offer then yes I wouldn't still be watching. 

However regarding LJK's scene, it was not fanservice imo as it was plot driven and the way his body was filmed was to showcase the numerous scars he had, all testimonies of a very harsh life and afterwards the whole exchange with HaeSoo, his nudity (half naked to be exact) as well as not wearing any mask were both used to show how vulnerable she caught him because not only does his face have a scar that makes him into a pariah but once again his entire body does as well, something none of his brothers have. So, personally it didn't bother me. Now if it happened every other episode, like it's the case for the evil queen, then yes, I would agree. Btw the one who is really abusing the baths is Queen Somuchhateinmybody not the princes. :grin:

Anyway, don't worry I wasn't offended per se, I just think it's a shame to bring negativity here and if we do, let it at least be some constructive criticism. Case close and I in turn hope I wasn't too harsh. :fearful:

Edited by bbygjjang
  • Like 24

9 minutes ago, bbygjjang said:

However regarding LJK's scene, it was not fanservice imo as it was plot driven and the way his body was filmed was to showcase the numerous scars he had, all testimonies of a very harsh life and afterwards the whole exchange with HaeSoo, his nudity (half naked to be exact) as well as not wearing any mask were both used to show how vulnerable she caught him because not only does his face have a scar that makes him into a pariah but once again his entire body does as well, something none of his brothers have.

I think the same. His body shows the harsh life he had. In the scene we can see that he was not wounded only physically, but also emotionally. For me, is not fan service.  And Lol...about the scenes of the Queen...haha as you said she was the one abusing of the baths. So true XD 

• Like 22

9 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Same here...i Too missed that one.. :(

To be honest - it was 50 / 50 for me - I knew he was in both - Nonstop 4 and Star´s Echo - but in one just as a Guestrole. But I gladly was right that Nonstop 4 was not related to Japan. But that was the tricky Question for sure...

I´m glad that Cinderella can shorten my waiting time tomorrow and the day after... I already miss Wang So and his Brothes and of course the Energy Hae Soo - so much. I would love to marathon it now... who cares if I can get sleep or if I will end up as a mess all in tears... waiting for this Drama is really hard. I keep rewatching the Wang So Scenes. :D And the BTS - extremly from his Fighting Scenes - for some reason I can´t stop watching them. He looks so elegant and wild with the Sword. Oh and of course my Signature Scene and his first arriving in the Village - how often have I seen that... and without the Mask... okay... all of his Scenes... Yes.

• Like 13

@solelylurking I could not get quote option for a part of ur post so pasting it below for refrence

For me it makes the love triangel no fun hahaha. There should be tug wars and who tried harder to please or rescue the heroine, so the heart anxiety feels louder. 

I think thats make the ship sailing almost in one sided direction.  I alwways had SLS in most ny past kdramas  juat cause I found second giving tough fight to male lead to get gals heartn love. SL always had more chances and ways in their armor to give male leade enough threat to one up his game in oreder to win. Here it feels like WW has no power remaining to give WS tough fight. And I'd feel instead if WW YH is more of a threat for So2 love story

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, irilight said:

@MadraRua, @bbygjjang, @Gabi Bros, Thank you all for your comments about Dr.Myri blogspot comments

Reveal hidden contents

Like you all, I am loving this drama, but I am not loving the light comical parts (and I did not like them in the previews either). And I did agree with the comments that this particular scene was in poor taste. For that matter, I dislike most of the half naked bodies we see in this production. I have never seen that in any other sageuk or fantasy sageuk.  Personally, I feel - it is the influence of Universal investment in the project - in wanting to cater to Western viewers.

Lee Joon Gi has made a point of never going shirtless, because he wanted to prove himself as an actor first, and not a sexy body (and yes, I do think he is sexy! I love him), but in this production we do get to see him shirtless. I was almost shocked to see that.

There is a lot of good in this production for sure. But I was reading more POV's because I want to understand why the low ratings.

Sorry, that I seem to have offended some of you. That was NOT my intention for sure.

You didn't offend me @irilight , that god awful review did. Sorry if I came across as harsh. I love all your posts, I really do :heart:

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

@irilight It's okay... I understand. ;)

thank you @Gabi Bros, and also @MadraRua  :wub:

21 minutes ago, bbygjjang said:

Anyway, don't worry I wasn't offended per se, I just think it's a shame to bring negativity here and if we do, let it at least be some constructive criticism. Case close and I in turn hope I wasn't too harsh. :fearful:

@bbygjjang, I have seen on this thread Knetizens comments too.
In any event - I have deleted those comments from my original post, and I apologize again.

달의 연인 포토스케치_인정사정 없는 연화의 매질을 막는 왕소

달의 연인 포토스케치_소의 등장에 서로 부둥켜 안으며 바라보고 있는 왕정과 해수

달의 연인 포토스케치_황자복을 입은 타고나길 황자가 맞는 왕소

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

To be honest - it was 50 / 50 for me - I knew he was in both - Nonstop 4 and Star´s Echo - but in one just as a Guestrole. But I gladly was right that Nonstop 4 was not related to Japan. But that was the tricky Question for sure...

I´m glad that Cinderella can shorten my waiting time tomorrow and the day after... I already miss Wang So and his Brothes and of course the Energy Hae Soo - so much. I would love to marathon it now... who cares if I can get sleep or if I will end up as a mess all in tears... waiting for this Drama is really hard. I keep rewatching the Wang So Scenes. :D And the BTS - extremly from his Fighting Scenes - for some reason I can´t stop watching them. He looks so elegant and wild with the Sword. Oh and of course my Signature Scene and his first arriving in the Village - how often have I seen that... and without the Mask... okay... all of his Scenes... Yes.

I had no IDea abt that question.. :(

Ahh and I have days to rewatxh All the epi to make more gifs... *hahhaha*

• Like 5

Omo this thread is really fast. It's nice to see everyone's insights..

In BBJX i prefer 14th because he became someone Rouxi can rely on when everything went downhill. He wouldn't force her as well to marry him, more on waiting for her and I suspect that he loved her as well. Anyway in Ryeo, I definitely prefer 4th, I'm a sucker for dark, brooding handsome prince! lol

But 8th is someone also that makes my heart beat fast hohoho!

I don't know how you chingu do it but I can't wait for next 2 episodes...:tears:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, TeBe said:

@KdramaSwimmer But he added also that WS became very obsessive about HS. LJK facial expression when he said that line was a little bit different. I am fearing that his obsession about HS will go overboard and might be the reason he will be so furious about eliminating any threat that he might face. Which means that the bloody fight between 4th and 8th drama will be mainly for HS and not for the throne . I wonder how HS will be reacting to this. I bet she will be blaming herself to death, if the 8th will be killed by his brother because of her. My poor baby Soo ! She won't enjoy WS's love, if it turned out this way. :tears:

I feel like 8th is actually ambition but he just hides it for the cversion he was ambition for the throne but doesn't really show it. Like his family, his sister YH is ambition herself cause she wants to get revenge. I feel like 8th when he lose HS that's when he's determine to fight for the throne. HS maybe is part of the reason but maybe cause his family was exile and had to suffer humiliation under the other queen that pushed his buttons

• Like 14

It seems that the Scarlet heart Ryeo made some adjustments when it comes to the princes. 13th became like some kind the combination of 14th and 13th of BBJX. 13th supposedly her drinking buddy/soulmate/ bestfriend but not husband . But in Moonlovers (as what I read previously, not sure though) he might become the husband which will be one of the people that might witness Soo's last day in Goryeo. Some were divided.

I'm curious how the battle of princes for the throne will play out.. I don't know how the motivation for the fight between 8th and 4th will start. Just like what also previously said Soo doesn't know much of the history so there's a possibility that she will not be the one that will warn 8th about 4th, then will not be the start of the fight or everything.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Looks like Wang So get's mad at her for hurting herself or I'm assuming that's what happened as per previous posts in this thread. (Sorry I can't find them) Question is why would she hurt herself? To stop the arranged marriage? And is that why Wang So and Wang Wook collaborate to spirit her away?

Hdu3HMX.gif

Oh, sharp eyes! I didn't notice the bandage around her wrist until just now. If I remember correctly, Ruoxi in c-version went through a withdrawal period after the King announced her marriage to the Crown Prince, who had favored her for a concubine after noticing her spunk. She refused to eat or became so depressed, she couldn't eat, and she became ill. 4th Prince was the one who saved her from that depression. He said to trust in him and to believe in him, he'll find a way.

Perhaps MLSHR is taking this section of the plot too and making it their own. Hae Soo can't cope with the idea of losing her freedom and of not being able to marry the man of her choice and for love, so she hurts herself to escape it. I'm intrigued to see where this plot point goes and how they will handle it.

I really love the intensity and anger in Wang So's eyes here. Call me weird, but there's something about seeing him angry that makes me kind of swoony too... LOL Especially if that anger comes from knowing Hae Soo had intentionally hurt herself. And the way Hae Soo is unable to look at Wang So strikes me as so vulnerable. She knows what she did was wrong and she probably feels really guilty for it. For worrying Wang So too. But at the time, she probably felt like she had no other way to escape. And no longer being able to avoid the knowledge that her actions caused Wang So to worry makes her unable to meet his eyes, something she would usually do with him.

• Like 22

Re:Dr Myri Blogspot.  Just from the style of writing and the interspersing of that running commentary,,, I would guesstimate that the the author of this blog is an overly self impressed 20 something with descent writing skills, bad acne and nothing else to do but start a blog. IF not they should be. I get the impression he likes rubbing people the wrong way... en masse.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, sugarista said:

Hide contents

It seems that the Scarlet heart Ryeo made some adjustments when it comes to the princes. 13th became like some kind the combination of 14th and 13th of BBJX. 13th supposedly her drinking buddy/soulmate/ bestfriend but not husband . But in Moonlovers (as what I read previously, not sure though) he might become the husband which will be one of the people that might witness Soo's last day in Goryeo. Some were divided.

I'm curious how the battle of princes for the throne will play out.. I don't know how the motivation for the fight between 8th and 4th will start. Just like what also previously said Soo doesn't know much of the history so there's a possibility that she will not be the one that will warn 8th about 4th, then will not be the start of the fight or everything.

I'm guessing the motivation is probably Hae Soo and I have a feeling that 8th is actually ambition for the throne he's just not showing it yet. The way when he got annoyed when WS said HS is his and 8th replied nobody is his meaning he is possessive so I have a feeling that when HS begins to fall for WS that's what pushed him to probably want to fight for the throne

Spoiler

maybe they changed 13th and 14th role. cause Lady Hae said HS reminded her of 13th alot so he might fall for HS and his character remind me of 14th in BBJX. 14th so far is too playful and i feel like he's not mature 

19 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Oh, sharp eyes! I didn't notice the bandage around her wrist until just now. If I remember correctly, Ruoxi in c-version went through a withdrawal period after the King announced her marriage to the Crown Prince, who had favored her for a concubine after noticing her spunk. She refused to eat or became so depressed, she couldn't eat, and she became ill. 4th Prince was the one who saved her from that depression. He said to trust in him and to believe in him, he'll find a way.

Perhaps MLSHR is taking this section of the plot too and making it their own. Hae Soo can't cope with the idea of losing her freedom and of not being able to marry the man of her choice and for love, so she hurts herself to escape it. I'm intrigued to see where this plot point goes and how they will handle it.I really love the intensity and anger in Wang So's eyes here. Call me weird, but there's something about seeing him angry that makes me kind of swoony too... LOL Especially if that anger comes from knowing Hae Soo had intentionally hurt herself. And the way Hae Soo is unable to look at Wang So strikes me as so vulnerable. She knows what she did was wrong and she probably feels really guilty for it. For worrying Wang So too. But at the time, she probably felt like she had no other way to escape. And no longer being able to avoid the knowledge that her actions caused Wang So to worry makes her unable to meet his eyes, something she would usually do with him.

Also remember when it was 10th prince bday the king arranged him to marry 8th prince wife sister in which later on she ran out of the carriage being unreasonable that 8th knocked her out. She was unhappy to see a cheerful 10th prince force into a marriage he doesnt want. In this one im sure she will be outspoken about it 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

Perhaps MLSHR is taking this section of the plot too and making it their own. Hae Soo can't cope with the idea of losing her freedom and of not being able to marry the man of her choice and for love, so she hurts herself to escape it. I'm intrigued to see where this plot point goes and how they will handle it.

I really love the intensity and anger in Wang So's eyes here. Call me weird, but there's something about seeing him angry that makes me kind of swoony too... LOL Especially if that anger comes from knowing Hae Soo had intentionally hurt herself. And the way Hae Soo is unable to look at Wang So strikes me as so vulnerable. She knows what she did was wrong and she probably feels really guilty for it. For worrying Wang So too. But at the time, she probably felt like she had no other way to escape. And no longer being able to avoid the knowledge that her actions caused Wang So to worry makes her unable to meet his eyes, something she would usually do with him.

Hdu3HMX.gif

Omo,,,, even sharper mind @akinahana89

I had totally forgot about that. Did a quick google and found this scene. Yes indeed, it could be so. That would explain why she's dressed as a maid. Should be interesting indeed to see where it goes. 

Lol - sadomasochist tendencies? Ah no, I'm only joking. It's the intensity that comes with his anger that is swoon worthy. He's disappointed in her that she would do such a thing. Remember in BBJX when 4th told Ruoxi that she was not allowed to die without his permission? I think a touch of the same intensity might be going on here. That's why he's so angry with her. Where 4th lead Ruoxi followed and I think it'll be the same with Hae Soo and Wang So. In his mind she is forbidden to hurt herself.

@itzibitzispider 

Remember when she surprised him in the bath scene without his mask? He dropped it then and she picked it up.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read your question right. I don't think it's the same hairpin, he hasn't given it to her yet and they wouldn't cut an important scene like that out.

• Like 22