[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Not ashamed to say I cried during the part when HS was putting on makeup for Lady Hae and also the piggyback scene between Wook and Lady Hae. :tears: It's understandable for HS to be so sad about Lady Hae's condition as throughout her stay in Goryeo, Lady Hae and Chaeryung were the only people that cared for her. I believe HS/Ha Jin really treated Lady Hae like a real sister. 

I'm sure we'd be seeing the funeral scenes next week right, gonna prepare lots of tissues again.. 

On a lighter note, HS was really cute during the part where she met the King and she started blurting out phrases that her history teacher taught her. I'm sure she'd never expect to use them one day! :P:D 

Very few WS and HS scenes today but I love the scene was HS returned a cute drawing to WW, that emoticon face LMAO. Seems like WS is the only person who understands HS's drawings B)

Saw next weeks eps preview, is Seohyun (Woohee) finally appearing? Hehe. Can't wait to see her scenes with BA~ But it seems like HS got downgraded to a maid? Omg, really wanna find out what happened!~

• Like 15

8 hours ago, qwenli said:

Actually I am quite surprise to see dB making lady hae to be a saint for condoning wook's and hs relationship.

Maybe becos I am Chinese and back in the ancient days even up till the early 1900s, it was a very big issue not to have children, (in fact the influential Confucius said that not having children is the no.1 on the list of failing to be filial becos the bloodline cannot be continued) and lady hae clearly is not able to fulfill her role. So arranging for her husband to get another concubine is par for norm.

That's why I find if the drama go overboard on this wook griefing and hs+wook's guilt it's just to appease modern viewers. In reality, it wld be more like, wife died, move on and marry hs immediately.

I am not saying it's right, but am saying it seems like modern viewers will have issues with this drama, with all the complex relationships.

Sorry, for sounding abit like yeonhwa if you find wat I am saying abit cold. But that's just the way it is back then.

Yeah you're right, i think probably they're trying to toned down the concubines to appease the viewers. Regarding marrying your step sister in your father side, is it common in ancient korea or china? 

Anyway would HS become the palace maid whom stationed to help the king? 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Berou said:

it will be one of those moments filled with admiration and tension \^o^/. HS will be  telling herself what a fine man :wub:, and imagine the tension between them when she will be putting the makeup to cover his scar, their eyes will meet and they will be staring at each other . AHHH i'm already hyperventilating

that would be the scene making this thread move at speed of light...we all gonna be n heaven together

• Like 17

1 hour ago, yourmindisasnowflake said:

Hahaha i'm giggling to myself about what we're going to do when that mask finally comes off and we see his entire beautiful face in those close up shots~ :wub: *faints*

I think that I will miss the mask, it adds a dangerous aura to his character that I like.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Berou said:

@KdramaSwimmer yes we will be in LJK's heaven, i forget also to mention the part where she will caress his scar that many of you mentioned before 

yup true absolutely..

on side note...I am talking all rambling cause havent watched the epi 5 yet to put anything sensible....so its all abt LJK feast for my eyes..

(i am working on urgent report for work...can you belive the video is in pause and cant play it cause of the report...and i am working with lightning speed to finish t up)

• Like 19

@MoOnLoVeRz Awww what a cute interview! And I think Kang Haneul likes IU~~~~ his gaze at her when she said Liu Shishi is beautiful is like, "Well...you're beautiful too.", aaaaaaah...!! If only IU weren't taken in real life, I'd ship her peacefully with Kang Haneul or Lee Junki. They are just. So. Cuuuute!!

• Like 18

7 hours ago, 12blbl said:

Yeah you're right, i think probably they're trying to toned down the concubines to appease the viewers. Regarding marrying your step sister in your father side, is it common in ancient korea or china? 

Anyway would HS become the palace maid whom stationed to help the king? 

Please check my first post in this thread as it answers for ur first question :)

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, skxz said:

Okay guys please help me I legitimately am having a hard time choosing which ship to sail. Usually it isn't rocket science right?! But why is it so hard with this drama??? I blame this on the male leads, they are just too good.

Please save me from this torture. Do you guys ship Soo/So or Wook/So and why?

I'm definitely a Soo/So shipper!~ I love how she's slowly melting that icy exterior of his, every time these two are together, you could tell that So gets rid of his cold personality and he smiles more often. :wub:

• Like 23

@lebritneeey

I totally agree with you and ship Soo/So them for those exact reasons but there's just something about how KHN personifies Wook that makes me ship him and Soo as well. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but their chemistry brings butterflies to my stomach and makes my heart flutter. 

• Like 19

Thanks for the IU interview, it's funny once they ask who took care of her the most, all the guys started figeting trying to act nonchalant,:lol: then when she choose joongi, khn appears jealous.lol  drama rivalry extend to real life huh? Lol.

• Like 23

yay love that this thread is moving reallly fast, love reading all the comments here hehe. finally watched ep 5 with subs, indeed always a rollercoaster ride watching MLSHR, there's always moments i go awwww cute can't stop smiling, other times theres sadness and crying, then anger..

what stood out for me in this ep is choi ji mong's words to hae soo.. idk why theres this element of eerieness in it haha.. i think his character is very intriguing and i am wondering just what is his role? his conversation with hae soo made me think that he actually knows hae soo has time travelled. very strange. 

lady hae's death made me cry buckets but at the same time i thought her death scene was beautiful being piggybacked by the man she loves. this ep also made me realise how selfless her love is. baek ah is the one i'm worried about - knowing his love for lady hae, he won't react well to her death.. he didn't even get to marry the woman he loves. my heart hurts for baek ah :'( just a thought, maybe lady hae's death could also be a trigger for baek ah and hae soo to connect even more, given their close r/s and connection to lady hae, and remember when lady hae told baek ah that him and hae soo are very alike. i think they'll begin to confide in each other more - like drinking buddies in the preview for next ep. i really hope their relationship becomes like in c-version, literal soulmates, like best friends, like siblings, the only thing short of is romance. but i'm curious how this progress will take place in the k-ver - considering how angry baek ah told hae soo off, i'm really wondering how they'll become BFFs? (and i sincerely hope they do, bc 13th and ruo xi's friendship is my fave in the c-ver.) I think baek ah will become a reliable person for hae soo to depend on in future when she gets her feelings caught up between 4th and 8th. (and i guess he'll lowkey ship hae soo with 4th given how he disapproves hae soo and 8th, as he remembers lady hae)

• Like 18

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

or what WS will find later when he and HS are in love.. and then he will remember how she "liked" WW's poem.. and the mystery ensues..

Will bring separation of HS and WS..

I don't think she is going back to 2016

Hmmm...that would have been possible if the sender or recipient's names were indicated but I recall that paper had nothing but that poem so even if So could recognize Wook's writing, he would not have known who it was meant for, so I doubt this would become a problem for So and HS?

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, skxz said:

@lebritneeey

I totally agree with you and ship Soo/So them for those exact reasons but there's just something about how KHN personifies Wook that makes me ship him and Soo as well. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but their chemistry brings butterflies to my stomach and makes my heart flutter. 

Yes, I think haneul's portrayal is very successful, I am quite convince of his love for her and he seems like such a good man but some joongi's presence is so huge, he just cant be brush aside. Also So soo tend to have heartfelt soulmate talks, their connection goes beyond looks, status or whatever. 

• Like 17

1 minute ago, qwenli said:

Yes, I think haneul's portrayal is very successful, I am quite convince of his love for her and he seems like such a good man but some joongi's presence is so huge, he just cant be brush aside. Also So soo tend to have heartfelt soulmate talks, their connection goes beyond looks, status or whatever. 

Yes I agree with you KHN's portrayal is just amazing his acting is so beautiful and heart felt. You are correct that LJK's portrayal of So allows him to steal the spotlight a lot of the time cause let's be real LJK's acting has always just been 완벽해 (wanbyeokhae). But I feel like I'm so confused as to who I want her to be with is because we've received a background story of So's struggles and his past and the environment he's been brought up in. We've seen his raw emotions and his vulnerability but we haven't seen anything of that sort for Wook. I feel that there is a lot of complexity and struggles that are hidden within Wook we have yet to see and depending on how future events unfold and affect him I think I'll know who I ship.

It's still too early to tell we still have many more episodes to come. But I really like your insight about how So and Soo's connection goes beyond everything tangible and intangible. 

• Like 21