[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

There are many reasons why HS will refuse WW: 

- The rumours she had been having an affair with WW.

- Moreover she will be feeling guilty, as if she had stolen her mother's/big sister's husband. Since HS comes from the 21st century, she has experienced how painful it is to watch your boyfriend leaving you for someone close to you. She has experienced it herself as the victim. She doesn't want to hurt someone like she was hurt in the past, therefore she reminded herself not to allow him to touch her shoulder in the episode 4. In that moment, she thought of lady Hae.

The other reason why this marriage will never take place is that HS is from a lower status and she doesn't come from a powerful family. As soon as lady Hae is dead, Wang Wook's mother and her daughter YH would like him to have a political marriage again.

Good Morning - and there is one Reason more for me - I believe Hae Soo will not try to change the History. As a Woman from our time she might be afraid what that can change - and if she will be able to go back to her time than.

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@dhia205 those smiling WS gifs are so cute....thanks for sharing. Can i use them for my signature ?

be my guest... you can use it as you wish :)

2 hours ago, xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii said:

The collection of WS's smiles are too cute!

And due to the close up style I find myself staring at LJK's ears... and looking at the hole where the piercings should go. Hahah! 

and thanks to PD nim.. as a woman i feel a shame and jealous... his skin so flawless :lol:

• Like 13

I don't get the complaints over IU's acting. She's not bad at all. Usually for Kdramas I have to self-lobotomize to get through the female's acting. Are netizens just targeting her because of her previous album scandal?

IU is really good at creating chemistry and connection with her co-stars in intimate settings. Her facial expressions are on point, especially the angsty ones featured in the trailers. I think IU's acting style is better suited towards subdued, nuanced scenes instead of OTT dramatic scenarios. For example, the scene in the forest where she was bawling to 8th prince wasn't believable, but the 1-on-1 interactions she has with 4th and 8th feel very natural.

• Like 17

I am wondering when we will see the birthday party with Wang Eun?HS celebrating WE birthday.png

13 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Good Morning - and there is one Reason more for me - I believe Hae Soo will not try to change the History. As a Woman from our time she might be afraid what that can change - and if she will be able to go back to her time than.

But she doesn't know very well History around Taejo and I can't imagine she knows whom Wang Wook married later.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, theseasasleep said:

I was less annoyed with Wook about his slow reaction than I was with his deliberate psychological undercutting of So, a thing that completely bewildered and hurt So because he defused the situation yet here he was being kicked yet again. Wook's phrasing was chosen for maximum damage to both discourage So and remind him of his place, which is nowhere. It had no root except in jealousy and (self-directed) anger unlike his slow reaction that was bound up in a lot of hierarchical stuff.

I compare it to the scene where we met the flower princes for the first time. 3rd Prince (one day I'll remember his name and that's the day he'll die, lol) was about to hit a servant for spilling wine on him but Wook *immediately* halts/distracts his brother and the servant is given a reprieve. It was nothing for Wook to instantly interfere because there was a clear-cut way to handle it without having the higher rank/his brother lose face to the lower rank/the servant. This is not the case between Soo and Wook's sister (I will learn her name, someday). Not disciplining a servant could be seen as magnanimous but with his sister, Wook would be undercutting her authority and social ranking for a social "inferior". This leaves Wook caught between upholding social/cultural norms and the right thing because choosing Soo in this instance runs a bit deeper than the matter of his feelings. Soo is someone who 1) is righteous enough to take a beating in place of her servant and 2) is under his household's protection. No wonder the perfect Prince who everyone thinks should be the Crown Prince freezes, his actions stuttered. He instinctively moves forward but deliberately stops himself and it takes a couple of strikes before he makes a serious move to stop it. This isn't the only time he's been slow to react when Soo has tangled with a social "better" - there was also her fight with Eun. The fight was already in session by the time he arrived and everyone watching was amused or surprised but also knew her fate was sealed the moment she laid hands on a Prince. Only So bothered to stop her as soon as he saw the situation because it was better to do something than nothing. We're likely to repeat this theme throughout the drama: Wook's inaction versus So's action which will likely lead to a situation where Wook overreacts to compensate.

Now for So, who arrives later than everyone else, the decision is easier because he's been set outside of society for all his life. He quickly assesses the situation, understands the costs of stopping Wook's sister and still chooses to do so. Why? Probably partially because societal/cultural norms have done him few favors in his life. Protecting the Princess's pride is not (should not be) worth more than protecting a person from being beaten over a mistake/misunderstanding. So doesn't completely throw away the norms because he does explicitly apologize to the Princess afterwards. The other reason to stop it is he's growing to like this strange Soo girl and while it's not at the depth of Wook yet, it is enough for him to put himself out there.

I'm not sure how much Wook stood to "lose" if he had stepped in sooner and really, he could have stopped it before it all began because nearly all the Princes were there long before Soo exchanged herself for her servant. On the surface, it doesn't seem as if So loses too much because he's already on the outs but Wook's sister is one of the very few people who seem genuinely on his side. Disrespecting her could cost him a rare ally and friend (?), so he might have less face to lose but more to lose personally. My take on the dynamics of the situation as I await the next episode.

Wook's reaction to So...I don't blame him for that. Yes, it stemmed from jealousy but the entire episode had Wook struggling with his place in the system, his duty towards it all vs. what he really wants. The jabs at So was his the only way he could gain some control over the situation. Sure, the way he said it all did prick but what he said wasn't wrong either. The house is Wook's. Plus, So so boldly claimed the one person as "his person" Wook really wants to have but knows that he can no way have her without hurting some of his precious people along the way.

I agree on the theme of Soo's action vs. Wook's inaction. Idk much about the original story but I do have a feeling that Wook's decision to actively in involved in the fight for the throne will come from his building frustration of wanting to do something but being unable to and ultimately losing it. So is more free as you said. He is not bound by the hierarchical chains cuz all his life he was told repeatedly by actions and manners that he doesn't belong. Not once but twice in the epi Wook had to see Soo at risk and both the times it was So who ultimately helped her out..from the beatings as well as his timely entry when the goons surrounded them. Wook is mostly powerless and for now just wants to keep his world at peace. So he chooses to be on the sidelines as much as he can and try to help from there. He does it with quick comments to diffuse the situation and even silence as well because why would the man of the house step in the household manners when the one who is running the house is involved in the situation? Wook has a very strong internal conflict..add to that his powerlessness to try to fix it and we get what we got i.e. a petty jab at So which meant he doesn't belong.

As for So's apology to YeonHwa (the sister) I'm not reading it as deep as him not wanting to lose a possible ally. YH is just one of those rare people who care for So and So is the person who gives what he receives. This as well as that he has sense enough to deal with the situations cleanly. I think what Wook stood to lose had he stepped in sooner was that Soo's position would've weakened in the household that he gets undue favors from Wook and blah blah blah, you know how gossip works. Wook wants to protect Soo and he wouldn't like if he is the reason that she faces problems in the first place.

The brothers might be the same age but they are fundamentally two different people shaped by their birth and circumstances. While Soo brings out the human in So who is righteous and can be kind and shows that he is not made of rage as people make him to be, Wook ends up showing the helplessness that his position in the society has bestowed upon him. I find it all so interesting and look forward to how it all changes or amplifies in the future.

• Like 21

1 minute ago, yourmindisasnowflake said:

Hi everyone!! I've been lurking around on this thread ever since the beginning of Moon Lovers and giggling and fangirling with you all :D (especially at all the hot pictures of WangSo *coughcough* )

I finally plucked up the courage to make an account so i could share in the fun :)

Like most of the comments here i also want say that Lee Joon Gi as 4th prince is absolutely amazing, WHAT a scene STEALER, and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE him in this drama. He portrays such a layered character so well and it also doesn't help that he looks so hot that i should go and take a cold shower, heck i don't even know if i am obsessed with the drama more or the man. But I actually do enjoy watching IU here, especially in ep 4 i thought she was very cute. No second lead syndrome for me hehehe i ship SoSoo the whole waaaay :wub: (but ok, the 8th prince is also pretty hot and doing an awesome job too.)

your most welcome to the forum...and we here are just too obsessed drama n LJK both...and more the merrier...

hope you will have as much fun and entertainment as we all are having.

oh and yes LJK is hotness personified as WS...I am feeling as if he was destined to play this role...

Enjoy !!!

• Like 15

one last thought before I head to bed:

in the scene when 10th prince was trying to cheer haesoo up with various toys, he shows off a pretty looking ball and mentions it's from the qing dynasty. that struck me as odd while I was watching it but clearly I forgot about it until now (too distracted by LJK and KHN!! :sweatingbullets:).

I looked up the years that the qing was in power and the dynasty started in 1644.... some 800 years AFTER goryeo! so, dunno if it was a goof by the writers or translation mistake in the subs.... OR maybe it was an attempted nod to their source material (the c-version takes place during the qing dynasty) ;)?

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I think Soo will try to change history if she can. Not only is it one of the major plotline of the show, but the more she gets involved with these people the more she'd want the best for them. Reading from text books about historical people and actually knowing them in flesh are two different things and Soo is experiencing the latter so her reaction would be like that. At this point I think the girl only wants to survive and has pretty much given up on going back to her time. That being said, I strongly believe she won't say yes to marrying Wook. The writer put in the whole backstory of her being cheated on by her boyfriend with her bestfriend for a reason and that is for Soo to know the pain of being hit in the worst possible way by the people closest to you.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Glamour90 said:

Thanks chingue for your answer

I thought about that too but if it was based on empress arrangement, shouldn't we have 5th instead of 14th???? He's queen's son but came last

From the beginning that what make me wonder... because in one of the explanation about Goryeo (from the Moon Lover video before it airing) The number of princes is based on the political power that the mother/mother's family had (which is quite difficult because King Taejo has 34 wifes). Then I though maybe after the political power the number is because age, but So's mother is the 3rd Queen and Wook's mother is the 4th. We know that So and Wook born in the same year, but So is 4 and Wook is 8. So who is the 5,6,7?

Or this just because Moon Lover want to as close as possible to the novel?

Or, maybe from this we have to learn that married many times will mash up your bloodline. :grimace:

2 hours ago, valentvcd said:

I think ChaeRyeong secret is that she is dating/having affair with prince wang won...

Ugh... I didn't expect that but I got shocked when I read ChaeRyeong profile about the secret. It's her secret or HaeSoo secret?

But if it's really her secret than it explain well why the director shoot Won 9th in ep 4 when HaeSoo bring her after the scourging.

1 hour ago, xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii said:

The collection of WS's smiles are too cute!

And due to the close up style I find myself staring at LJK's ears... and looking at the hole where the piercings should go. Hahah! 

I realize that too. But because Yo 3rd is wearing ear piercing so maybe it's because of that?

But I found that JoonKi ear is so cute... (Oh, I begin to fangirling again)

1 hour ago, chubbz said:

Not disappointed. But I was wondering why he did not step in immediately. I like KHN, but not the character Wook. He is a "still waters run deep" character.

If they merely wanted to have So step in instead of Wook (in stopping YH from punishing HS) to heighten the OTP line, they could have done it such that Wook arrived on the scene one step too late. That's a common situation to highlight that second lead is always one step too late (Lee Joon Ki's role as second lead in My Girl was often in that situation, but I digress haha).

However, they did it such that everyone was on the scene to witness and the two younger ones were anxious yet helpless (coz they were younger than the princess, I think?), thus begging Wook to help, yet he stood by (although it was obvious he was affected as well), leaving the two younger ones unable to do anything as well.

By the time Wook decided it was time to step in, it was indeed too late, because So had stepped in. Eun took cue from So and also stepped in between HS and YH, although it was obvious he was still afraid of YH. And with Baek-ah appearing separately from the rest (and all of us wondering when he popped into the scene) and ending up in the pavilion, it seems the two "cliques" are already in place ("unintentionally" by the characters) to foretell what is to come - So, Baek-ah & Eun vs Yo, Wook, Won & Jung.

I think Wook 8th is hesitant because YeonHwa is her sister but the other hand Soo is someone he "care" (remember in this era what YeonHwa do is normal, even when I see it from my modern point of view is totally unhuman). He need to save Soo but need to protect her sister face too (in front of the servant). I agree with you that he is late (he is indeed to much thinking) so when he want to stop YeonHwa, So 4th already stop YeonHwa first.

3 hours ago, arabela said:

one of my favorite lines "Then tell me why you killed them" - wow !!! is this not something?!

and this from a girl who till now we see she cannot stand crime, injustice or violence, who lecture anyone who do bad things,  - she has such an incredible understanding of So in that moment; and such a great relating to his most inner self, that she is letting apart all the fear, judgement, prejudice, morality; she is not loving So but she really can see who he is!!!! she can be shaked by Woong, maybe erotised by him, but I wonder if she has on Woong such a deep view of who he really is, as she can do with So! (even compare her talk with Wook about his selfdefence crime, when she figure out that even was in selfdefence that act let a scar in his heart)

I liked the fact that she is happening to talked about her different inner feelings only to So - also now she has an erotic moment with the 8th price, her most important talking about her thoughts aned feelings are with So 

but I wonder: if the 8th prince wound't be married, if he was free, what would then happen? would she still end up loving So? I would like to be another reason why she will not fall in love with 8th price, more profound then the fact that he is married or the fact that she like/pitty his wife - something that will make her fall in love with So even if he would be married; of course being married could be a great reason not to show your felling or not to let the love consume; in my opinion you can choose not to be with someone because he is married, but can not choose not to fall in love; so - will she not love Wook only beacuse he is married? or will be inevitable to fall in love with So?

and my last thought: will ever So find out that she is from the future? 

Yes I like that line too. It's so strange to be said by modern HaJin but normal for HaJin who start to learn Goryeo's way of life.

Let's imagine. If Wook 8th not married yet, then Moon Lover story won't exist because Lady Hae won't bring HaeSoo to Wook 8th house. Hahaha just kidding...

Right, we can't choose the person that we will fall in love but we can choose which one we want to pursue. I always believe that. HaeSoo can fall in love with Wook 8th but she choose not to pursue him (the reason maybe because he merried her cousin and her experience from his boyfriend and her friend betryal). The choice always depend on the person value and time. We never know in the future (when HaeSoo getting used to Goryeo) are this choice is still valid or not.

4 hours ago, sunl0ver said:

I saw your comment last night and thought : YES, so agree !

I am also watching on OneTV (simultaneous telecast with Seoul). Sorry I can't catch-up with all the replies here. Is the version on OneTV exactly the same as the one telecast in Seoul (just subbed) ... I read here and there about director's cut. Honestly, the editing for the version on OneTV is really meh, especially the first 10 minutes of Ep 4, the scenes just switch too abruptly. I felt someone cut out all scenes with HS, WS, WW and put it together for me to watch.

I can't agree more with what you said about Wook's feeling for HS. I still think something was going on between Wook and HS(original) as Wook's reaction in Ep 4 indicates he is completely in love with HaJin-HS. His behaviour (reacting to HS's "rejection") in front of his wife and servants was not logical for a prince.

Even for Wang So's feelings for HS, it was too fast. I was so :crazy: I went back to watch Ep 3 (OneTV on demand). WS had that sexy 'dress your wound' scene with princess, then killing spree, confront mother. In Ep 4, he suddenly has feelings for HS ?! Even HS asked 'you wanted to kill me now you are so nice.." something to that effect.

There are good potentials in this drama but I wish they take time to develop the romance triangle between the 3 leads better - for it to be heart wrenching, I need to be convinced of their emotions for each other.

{I have thrown out BBJX and watching Scarlet Heart as purely inspired by the BBJX story skeleton}

I suspecting there are change in the episode (because it's in Malay, which supposed to be Indonesia). Maybe the subtitle is not ready for all nation (so just Eng, Malay, and Chinese)?. Are the episode is being change due to the director cut from 1-3 before? If that so then Moon Lover team must be work really hard to subbing all the new ep. (I tend to just enjoy the show so it's hard for me to notice is the cutting is good or not...)

I think So 4th feeling for Soo is not the love yet. He indeed interest to Soo but in different term. Maybe love for friend or someone who care about him (beneath his stern). He is someone who always lonely but doesn't mean he like to be lonely. It's like jackpot to find who brave enough to speak to him.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, briseis said:

3)  Sang-gung look (highest rank of court lady, the title was conferred by special appointment only to those court ladies who had sexual relationship with the king)

oo my.. i just back read few page ant this caught me so much... i know i should have pay attention to the history part but that "had sexual relationship with the king" make me giggling so much embarrassed2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129 gosh look what that sexy beast doing to me.

since it must be dozen page back.. can somebody tell me either it in c-version / novel what the reason WS want to claim the thorn?? not just because he wanna be acknowledged by his mother as a bright son right??

Screenshot_5.jpg 

and his tears... haiohh LJK jjang 

insta015.gif

• Like 24

13 minutes ago, mintkiss said:

in the scene when 10th prince was trying to cheer haesoo up with various toys, he shows off a pretty looking ball and mentions it's from the qing dynasty. that struck me as odd while I was watching it but clearly I forgot about it until now (too distracted by LJK and KHN!! :sweatingbullets:).

I looked up the years that the qing was in power and the dynasty started in 1644.... some 800 years AFTER goryeo! so, dunno if it was a goof by the writers or translation mistake in the subs.... OR maybe it was an attempted nod to their source material (the c-version takes place during the qing dynasty) ;)?

I noticed it too, from someone who love chinese history I noticed it right away, he should've said it came from Yuan dinasty, as Qing Dinasty will come later, yes 800 years later...hehehe.....

Anyway Hello chingus!! wow I go crazy over this drama, specially episode 4. Firstly,  I watched it on One Asia and as I mentioned before, the rap BGmusic bothered me at some point, I wish they can change it in future episodes, I know they probably already distributed ep 4&5 to each international channels, but maybe they still have time to fix later episodes.

But when I watched the 2nd time (raw Korean version) I noticed the background music has changed and was done beautifully. So I watched it the 3rd time with english subs hehe....  this episode definitely DAEBAK! 

To my surprised, the rating is very low (WHY?!!!) but the responses are good, so I am still optimistic it will go better and better in future episodes. I hope everyone here sends good vibes and good comments all over the internet (thru other websites/fb/insta/twitter etc) and always give full support for SHR team, they deserve better, specially LJK, KHN, IU, they all did their best. Lee Jun Ki is my bias but he really works hard to deliver his character and I hope SK entertainment industry will give him an award for his acting skills here. KHN and IU, Ji Soo and BaekHyun they all did well for their characters. 

I can't wait for episode 5 tonight, SHR FIGHTING!!

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

I noticed it too, from someone who love chinese history I noticed it right away, he should've said it came from Yuan dinasty, as Qing Dinasty will come later, yes 800 years later...hehehe.....

23 minutes ago, mintkiss said:

I watched the show with Chinese subtitles and it read 秦 (Qin) and not 清 (Qing).

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am wondering when we will see the birthday party with Wang Eun?

But she doesn't know very well History around Taejo and I can't imagine she knows whom Wang Wook married later.

The Birthday was quite early in the C Version ... and

She don´t have to know who will it be - marry one of the Princes... that would be a move to change it - the risk is there. Her NAme was never in the Books. And the Princes Wifes Names - and if he will become the next King (and he is suited to be) it will become even worst.

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, luna07shiro said:

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1096180

Clip from EP06...

Can someone please translate? What did WS's mother say to him?

Thanks for posting the video! :wub: It is really important because finally HS is witnessing how WS is treated by his own mother. She can sense the hate and desdain in the voice and words, although she doesn't see the queen herself. So far, noone has ever paid attention how harshly WS was treated by his mother. Everything about WS is connected to rumors and some of these rumors were created by the Queen Yoo herself and her son Yo. Even Wang Jung fell for these lies. I really love the way WS is protecting HS. She goes hiding and he puts himself in front of her. She has become his only ally therefore he claimed she was his person. I don't think, he saw her in a romantical way, but he saw her as his friend and companion. 

• Like 22