[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

Even WW wants to marry HS, I think his mother and sister will not allow it, so maybe thats why HS will become servant

No that's not why she became a servant. What most people don't know is that back then in the dynasty periods of China and Korea, there was a system where came a selection period where young, unmarried girls had to enter the palace. I think at one point this was compulsory and to avoid this, many young girls would married quick to avoid entrance to palace because ... well ... it isn't all that great in there as you can imagine. Just think of it similarly to military drafting for girls back then or something. The palace needs a lot of workers to maintain and function, they had to come from somewhere lol

When the girls first enter, the most beautiful are selected as candidates for the King as concubines and whatnot. Then the rest get categorized and put into different jobs and roles. If you're lucky, you can lead a peaceful life if not, it's a struggle to be embroiled in political affairs.

• Like 18

@skxz yes I noticed that they mentioned Yo being married and divorced. Probably that's why the 3rd, 9th and 8th Prince all have their hair bun up. Whereas the younger princes have their hair down.

In the olden days it's a marital indicator. So I am also abit concern to see Haesoo hair bun up in some of the trailers, who did she get married to?

Oh darn, they took out the chicken date scene. Hmm. Thank goodness they release the bts, otherwise it's a waste for all the chicken they ate.lol 

• Like 20

@kentangbakar

OMG is that what the top knot means?!?!?! I had absolutely no idea I've always just been like hmmm that's an ancient type of hairstyle looks pretty cool on them:joy: But it all makes sense now!

Thank you so much for your response! I learnt something new today 고마워 친구 야 (gomawo chingu ya)!!!!

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, qwenli said:

In the olden days it's a marital indicator. So I am also abit concern to see Haesoo hair bun up in some of the trailers, who did she get married to?

Is that an indicator that applies to the women too? For some reason I thought the change in hairstyle for women had more to do with crossing a certain age first??? I do realize that the massive elaborate hairdos are reserved for married women but Soo's hair doesn't look like that at all. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Do you know how my Life was with the Kangs?

Once they threw me into the biggest wolfes den in Shinju.

I spend all Night fighting the Animals with there gnarshing teeth.

Then I burned down the entire Mountain!

I burned and killed all of them in there.

He is laughing...

The Crazy Concubine Kang...

She wouldn´t let me out of her sight thinking I was her dead Son.

Then she would come to her senses, beat me and lock me up.

She´d demand to know where her son was.

Asking why there was an unsightly monster... (not able to finnish that sentence)

It could be three days - or four.

I didn´t get one sip of water but noone came to check on me.

My Heart Heart broke hearing him saying that...

My heart broke too that i cry watching this scene. that eyes, that voice, that words, everything is killing my heart. lee jun ki acting is not just mind-blowing but it is mind-and-heart-blowing. so perfect!

• Like 21

3 hours ago, evok said:

guys don't care ratings...at same time spot at same days in a two rival channel there is a two historical drama and actually this kind of rivalry always brings one side playing dirty and try to drop other drama ratings by negative articles. A lot of people also think this "bad acting" article was unnecessary and unrealistic, ıt happened at 1st ep!.. everyone knows there was no real public reaction behind it... you write "public reacted to this and that artist acting skills and suddenly public really react after reading that! they show their reaction with losing their interest!.. I saw this so many times. After the news Scarlet Heart ratings dropped and Lovers in the moonlight ratings increased! 

but again I always say  5-6-7-9%... this are not really bad ratings! ıf you are old drama lover, you also have to know most of the very popular korean drama took bad ratings at korea. for ex now a teenage drama Cinderella and four Knights is in everywhere...people keep talking about it but ıts ratings are 2-3%...Pinoccho was very popular drama for i-fans..ıts rating was 5-6%...Healer was very popular drama..ıts ratings was again 5-6%...there is so many like this...

so don't be sad, just watch and have fun. 

Hmm just want to correct the rating for Pinocchio. It was NEVER 5-6%. Its rating was at the 1st place for the same time slot. The average was around 11%  I believe.  Rating wise Pinocchio was considered a success. 

BTW I agree with you about just watch and have fun. 

• Like 14

@qwenli

Yes it makes sense now thanks! But is it an marital indicator for both men and women? It would make sense for men cause women always have the huge circular almost wreath looking hair (I think this is more for the concubines) and like the bigger your hair is the higher up you are. With princesses its either tied up or they leave it out so I think it might just be a marital indicator for men only? I'm not 100% sure tho but it's nice learning stuff off other contributors :) 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, hiluna said:

I agree with you@chubbz Wook may love Soo but I think ambition will win out. When he invited So to stay with them he didn't consider him a threat for the crown because of his scar and horrible treatment by both parents so there is no harm in being nice and diplomatic. The 13th prince will side with So because he sees beyond So's exterior like Soo does, remember Lady Hae says that he is very much like Soo. I think he really wants to be a brother to So. The forest scene was fun, reminds me of the wild west where you don't want to pick a gun fight with a guy who has a reputation of a quick draw and numerous notches on the belt:P  but did you notice that the 14th prince couldn't bring himself to thank So for saving them all and only thanked Wook, wow with a family like that who needs enemies.

I think one of the most important reasons why 13th allies with So in the games of throne is because Haeoo and WooHee will soon become best friends when they meet :phew:  He surely doesn't want to displease the one true love of his life by going against her sisterhood :D

• Like 11

watching with sub make my heart more flutter... so-ya... i love you but wook make my heart flutter the most this time.. his eyes and voice.. admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

Screenshot_3.jpg

and absolutely make me more hate the queen. what she's thinking of why she said WS bring bad luck? because when she have WS her husband abandon her, married again and her life turn up side down? but that's nothing to do with WS. because of her 14th even hate WS too... aiuh... how i wanna curse at her. hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

bad mother aside.. i love to se how WS look more relax and younger when HS around, they even argue like a normal couple. HS seem forget or never see WS as a prince, she more daring around him.... and he smile a lot when HS around. let's count how many time WS smiling when HS around?? (only in 1 ep... )

insta007.gif

Spoiler

insta008.gif

insta009.gif

insta010.gif

insta012.gif 

insta013.gif 

i don't know somebody have to point this, again i haven't back read.. but i wondering why suddenly BA is there when WS come? he's not there before, just as cameo since all the prince have to be there. or because he have some business there too? but his sudden presence surprise me. 

Screenshot_4.jpg

note..: thanks to PD-nim close up style i can count LJK mole in his face hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

• Like 24

35 minutes ago, milwon said:
6 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

It could be three days - or four.

I didn´t get one sip of water but noone came to check on me.

My Heart Heart broke hearing him saying that...

My heart broke too that i cry watching this scene. that eyes, that voice, that words, everything is killing my heart. lee jun ki acting is not just mind-blowing but it is mind-and-heart-blowing. so perfect

@milwon so heart breaking and we could really feel it cause LJG acting brought it justice.

45 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Sorry but coming to another drama thread to "fight" with the users of that thread because of your preference for other drama...is too much. This is not a place for fanwars, it deserves respect. We are separated in threads to avoid these kind of situations. If you don't like this drama at all, please don't come anymore. If you like it a bit...then let's spend a good time together here. We have created a good community, fanwars are not allowed. To all the users in this thread, please let's avoid talking about other dramas that are not Moon Lovers. Pleaseeee. :confused:

@Gabi Bros very well put and exactly how I feel. Let's just stay in the threads we like to nurture the love we have for our dramas. My preference for Soompi is because it's civil and respectful. It would be great if we can continue to foster that.

34 minutes ago, katie2013 said:

Hmm just want to correct the rating for Pinocchio. It was NEVER 5-6%. Its rating was at the 1st place for the same time slot. The average was around 11%  I believe.  Rating wise Pinocchio was considered a success. 

BTW I agree with you about just watch and have fun.

@katie2013 thanks for correcting. I went to Google it. Agb ratings range from 7.8 to 13.3 and avg at 10.6.

36 minutes ago, skxz said:

Yes it makes sense now thanks! But is it an marital indicator for both men and women? It would make sense for men cause women always have the huge circular almost wreath looking hair (I think this is more for the concubines) and like the bigger your hair is the higher up you are. With princesses its either tied up or they leave it out so I think it might just be a marital indicator for men only? I'm not 100% sure tho but it's nice learning stuff off other contributors :) 

@skxz I'm oso not sure with Goryeo hairstyle but I'm loving Wang So's hair. Wang wook hair looks nice dishevelled aft he went to rescue HS in the forest. With the bangs down he looked handsome and boyish. With Chinese dynasties girls have their hair down until wedding day and afterwards it's always up. Looks that way too in Goryeo for the females

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

watching with sub make my heart more flutter... so-ya... i love you but wook make my heart flutter the most this time.. his eyes and voice.. admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

and absolutely make me more hate the queen. what she's thinking of why she said WS bring bad luck? because when she have WS her husband abandon her, married again and her life turn up side down? but that's nothing to do with WS. because of her 14th even hate WS too... aiuh... how i wanna curse at her. hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

bad mother aside.. i love to se how WS look more relax and younger when HS around, they even argue like a normal couple. HS seem forget or never see WS as a prince, she more daring around him.... and he smile a lot when HS around. let's count how many time WS smiling when HS around?? (only in 1 ep... )

Reveal hidden contents

i don't know somebody have to point this, again i haven't back read.. but i wondering why suddenly BA is there when WS come? he's not there before, just as cameo since all the prince have to be there. or because he have some business there to? but his sudden presence surprise me. 

note..: thanks to PD-nim close up style i can count LJK mole in his face hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

The collection of WS's smiles are too cute!

And due to the close up style I find myself staring at LJK's ears... and looking at the hole where the piercings should go. Hahah! 

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, hiluna said:

I agree with you@chubbz Wook may love Soo but I think ambition will win out. When he invited So to stay with them he didn't consider him a threat for the crown because of his scar and horrible treatment by both parents so there is no harm in being nice and diplomatic. The 13th prince will side with So because he sees beyond So's exterior like Soo does, remember Lady Hae says that he is very much like Soo. I think he really wants to be a brother to So. The forest scene was fun, reminds me of the wild west where you don't want to pick a gun fight with a guy who has a reputation of a quick draw and numerous notches on the belt:P  but did you notice that the 14th prince couldn't bring himself to thank So for saving them all and only thanked Wook, wow with a family like that who needs enemies.

Agree with you about Wook not seeing him as a threat when he invited him to stay upon Yeon Hwa's suggestion and yeah, now that you mentioned, Lady Hae did mention Baek-ah is like HS so that's a hint to us already haha

Yep, I noted Jung was profusely thanking Wook and HS, all gratitude and smiles, but was evasive and trying hard to avoid connection of any sort with So. It must have been quite deliberately written that way for Jung to portray that scene in that manner.

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, skxz said:

@qwenli

i think have. for single woman they let the hair down. while married woman bun up?. the wreath like hair is indicator of the woman family status. like normal family  vs noble family vs royal family, the ranking among the people. same for single woman, the hair accessories define you are in which ranking.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, notintoyou said:

I love love love IU's chemistry with the princes

-the sexual tension with the 8th prince. He was touching her neck, but her reaction :blush: sold me lol. it reminds me of this scene from the producers 

Reveal hidden contents

How could a one sided crush be so hot :astonished: ps I'm still low key pissed BSC was touching her so much when he's not interested in her

-the bickering (and cute) dynamic with the 4th prince

-the cute and childish interaction with the 10th prince

-and we have a new one from ep 4, the 14th prince. I already think they're cute because Jisoo is one of my biases...

new bts

Spoiler

CrmuLvPUMAEaVHT.jpg

Spoiler

CrmgF6dVUAAsNPc.jpg

Oh god Haesoo wore the same dress like her mentor lady Oh Sang Goong aka. Mr Old King's former lover :dizzy: 

• Like 12