[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@Gabi Bros I watched that scenes gazillions time beacuse of the shout but never knew it was a bracelet given by Wook for Soo. He smash it because she leaving it and him behind, I think? Never knew he had that temper to begin with but I should see that coming after watching ep 4 preview. 

Thanks a bunch for the info again.

• Like 12

This is the cutest IU - Lee Joon Gi interaction! ^_^ 

image.png

Why Lee Joon Gi teased Kang Ha Neul with IU? :lol: It's because at least for me, KHN can't hide that he likes her for real. He has been so obvious many times. I think he probably is a fanboy. 

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

I'm everchanging, but this is the first time since Splash Splash Love I've had matching signature and avatar B) What is this collective group known as by the way? Anyone got any ideas? I'm crap at nicknames.

By the way @akinahana89 ...... is your signature big enough?? :blink::P

It's intentionally as big and as attention grabbing as I can get it without breaking the rules. :P LOL

Are you asking about couple names? I would have suggested SoSoo, but I keep thinking that couple name already belongs to someone else... and WookSo doesn't sound very nice for the alternate couple. lol. Using other combinations like Wang or Hae doesn't work either! WangSoo? WangHae? HaeSo? That's practically the same as Hae Soo! WookHae? HaeWook? WangSoo? That's the same as Wang So too! Oh dear, I'm stumped... LOL

• Like 17

being on sick leave from office has big advantage of spending your whole day with your beloved Wangja-nim and staring at his Flawless/Gorgeous face:wub::wub::wub: .... and still you want many more such pics to stare more...So my whole day spent very well. And I spazzed the thread like a crazy

Here I have few questions if anyone can shed some light for me:

1. All the saeguks I have watched so far (Dae Jang Geum, Iljimae, Dong Yi, Arang and Magistrate etc.) have kings addressed as Jeohna but in this show king is called as Peha (as per what i heard), why is it so ?

2. Females costumes of princess and queen, is it Hanbok ? not sure why I found it different than the hanbok in other shows I watched, was it really different or is it my mistake or less observant me to notice something which is not even there?

3. As we know its a time travel drama and HS was not there is history in reality, so is it possible PDnim cant send her back to today's time and she can be with WS (like an alteration to history) ? cause any of such saeguk drama with fictional character ended by disappearance of that character so that it wont alter the reality or history ? can this happen here ?

4. Next one, I write Lee joon Ki with a K in middle name while i see many other members using G, so which one is correct letter to use for his name. And its not just one but many other charcaters confuse me be it B vs P or vs D ?

5. Just on funny note... how difficult it would be for makeup artist to give a scar or imprefection to that perfectly - chiseled - flawless face of LJK ? like emotionally how it must be felt to do some thing bad and how difficult using tools to make it that way ?

• Like 13

51 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

being on sick leave from office has big advantage of spending your whole day with your beloved Wangja-nim and staring at his Flawless/Gorgeous face:wub::wub::wub: .... and still you want many more such pics to stare more...So my whole day spent very well. And I spazzed the thread like a crazy

1. All the saeguks I have watched so far (Dae Jang Geum, Iljimae, Dong Yi, Arang and Magistrate etc.) have kings addressed as Jeohna but in this show king is called as Peha (as per what i heard) ?

2. Females costumes of princess and queen, is it Hanbok ? not sure why I found it different than the hanbok in other shows I watched, was it really different or is it my mistake or less observant me to notice something which is not even there

3. As we know its a time travel drama and HS was not there is history in reality, so is it possible PDnim cant send her back to today's time and she can be with WS (like an alteration to history) ? cause any of such saeguk drama with fictional character ended by disappearance of that character so that it wont alter the reality or history ? can this happen here ?

4. Next one, I write Lee joon Ki with a K in middle name while i see many other members using G, so which one is correct letter to use for his name. And its not just one but many other charcaters confuse me be it B vs P or vs D ?

5. Just on funny note... how difficult it would be for makeup artist to give a scare or imprefection to that perfectly - chiseled - flawless face of LJK ? like emotionally how it must be felt to do some thing bad and how difficult using tools to make it that way ?

1. it's different dynasty and people are saying they called themselves emperor or king, blah blah. they are not sure which one is true, so the writer went with emperor. it's early goryeo dynasty. the current king is the founder.

2. well, it's goryeo. and hanbok is usually name for the joseon clothes. but "hanbok" probably means Han people's Clothing. Korean is called Han's people. Han clan in a bigger sense? i think it came from WAY BACK three Korean countries all called Han. They were simply called Three Hans together. goryeo's clothing was little bit more influenced by the next-door-country. though people are saying that the drama made it too much like next-door-country, so it's problematic.

3. HaeSoo is not a real character since her cousin Madam Hae is also fake character. in some trailer, i heard HaeSoo wondering if she could fix the history. i'm not sure how it will go.

4. using K is how US writes down. G is how it actually sounds. so people use what they wants. ex) Sunggyu, Kyuhyun

5. well, So's scar is not actually that bad lol i was like WHAT? THAT'S IT?! but i don't know. 

Edited by louisawatson
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

It's intentionally as big and as attention grabbing as I can get it without breaking the rules. :P LOL

LOL ... You've succeeded, they couldn't miss it from space gold-star-smiley.gif

I was talking about the group as a whole - you know The Moon Lovers / Scarlet Heart Ryeo Society Collective Appreciation of the - but I can't think of anything catchy... go figure

@mynameiswat those gifs are too funny.... how'd we get to shipping that pair?? holy-cow-smiley.gif

• Like 15

53 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

I am not an expert...but for me the correct romanization is Lee Joon Gi but the sound is similar to Lee Jun Ki. :sweatingbullets: Also, Lee Joon Gi uses in his instagram "actor_jg". 

OO= sounds like U

O= sounds like O

G=sounds like K

That's why some people said Haesoo or Haesu. But the correct one for me is Haesoo. 

EDIT: Sorry is Joon not Joong...haha my error. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

1. All the saeguks I have watched so far (Dae Jang Geum, Iljimae, Dong Yi, Arang and Magistrate etc.) have kings addressed as Jeohna but in this show king is called as Peha (as per what i heard) ?

2. Females costumes of princess and queen, is it Hanbok ? not sure why I found it different than the hanbok in other shows I watched, was it really different or is it my mistake or less observant me to notice something which is not even there

5. Just on funny note... how difficult it would be for makeup artist to give a scare or imprefection to that perfectly - chiseled - flawless face of LJK ? like emotionally how it must be felt to do some thing bad and how difficult using tools to make it that way ?

For question 1: I've watches plenty of saeguks too, and I have noticed the addressing the Majesty. I've come to a conclusion that Jeohna is mostly used during the Joseon Dynasty while Peha is mostly used in the dynasties before Joseon. I'm just assuming that its based on dynasties, but I can be incorrect. 

Question 2: I believe it's not a hanbok. Hanbok was like an adaption of the Ming Dynasty (China). If you pay attention closely to the clothing of the Mings, even the emperor, their attire are just like the Joseon Dynasty.

Question 3: It can happen in this case. Either the writer can make Haesoo die, or the writer can make her a mistress to 4th prince without anyone knowing. 4th prince might make her live in an isolated area, and then visit her frequently since Haesoo is a fictional character, therefore making her not having a name recorded in the royals documents. 

Question 4: I use a K for "Ki" because when I was first introduced to him, I saw his name spelled like that, so I got used to it ever since. 

Question 5: Hahahahahha... I don't know how to answer this question. My guess is..... slice him up for real? Hahahahhaha

• Like 11

4 hours ago, ilia said:

This drama is eyecandy all around and fun, intriguing and the scenery is espectacular, love love for all princes!!

My eyes are extremely happy.:D  I read a complaint about too many princes is confusing.  I don't know about them; however, I am having no problems distinguishing between the princes.  I am enjoying all of them, even the younger ones. If time travel were possible and the princes actually were that swoon-worthy, I would not mind landing in the middle of a few of them.  Honestly, living in this day and time, if it were possible to go back, I would not, just image, no central heating/air conditioning and no toilet paper...just saying.  As I stated earlier, each version has its own merits and should not be compared to the other. I enjoyed the Chinese version, and if anyone asks for a recommendation, I always recommend Scarlet Heart. So far, I am pleased with the Korean version and I am glad that they made it their own.  The attraction is already forming between Hae-Soo and the 8th prince; however, I cannot wait until she falls for the 4th prince.  I am sure eventually she will return to her own time; however, will that before or after he comes king.

I am with you, I love all the princes, it takes my mind off of the day to day grind for an hour.  

• Like 12

The writer could blend the fantasy character into historical, the writer could move the story in the way of Empress in the Palace.

In Empress, Yongzhen elevated Zhen Huan (fictional) status to that of Consort Xi by claiming she is the mother of the 4th Prince (Qianlong) when the Emperor wishes to find a way for Zhen Huan to return to the palace after his one night stand with her resulting of her being pregnant.

• Like 11

btw, has anyone watched the longer 33 second preview available on youtube for episode 4.

the streaming sites all had the 15 second preview only.

I did not find it posted anywhere on the board . Apologies if it has already been posted and i missed it.

mynameiswat - I absolutely love the GIFs you have posted of the "secret couple"

• Like 14

@louisawatson@mynameiswat @LyraYoo @Gabi Bros

Thank you very much for your inputs.

so understood as its different dynasty addressing and dressing is different than Joeson dynasty.

So now only thing to watch is how HSs character will be used till the end to not to alter the history and satisfy the viewers with entertainment.

@louisawatson.. thank you. agree scar is not that bad and surely does not need that big of a mask.
@mynameiswat... no way to slice his face just to see how that real scar would be, I am happy seeing it just as makeup...hehehe

@LyraYoo thank you so much for the link to learn more abt korean words.and yes its a challenge to put that scar...lol.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

My Soompi account is now fully Scarlet Heart: Ryeo-ified... LOL. It's been completely unchanged for the last few years and now, I barely even recognize myself. That's the effect this drama has on me... :lol:

@akinahana89 You have totally shocked me. This is the very first time I've ever seen you jump from our prior ship to another one. I can attest...this drama's gotta have some legs for you to change.  :lol:

@Niki Azia the recent attacks on Joongi in some of the blog sites when there was none before is telling. A lot of us already knew that from some of the things that were being said, but this just seals the deal and confirms that a lot of the hate being stirred up is being manufactured. 

• Like 11

Hi Yeorobun!

How's everyone? I've been on and off from this thread but I always read each page and I appreciate all the insight, BTS shots and stills shared in the last pages. You guys are awesome!

I've been watching MLSHR with sub and without sub for a couple of days. I love all of the character interactions. I was initially heartbroken from the SHR team for the ratings and negative comments but then again I believe that the story is good and will be able to pick-up as it progress. I'm not worried about the ratings for now, I'm just glad they're receiving international support from fans and non-fans of the actors/actress. Others are even checking it out due to the massive social media publicity/debates it is causing for the international public.Bad publicity or good publicity is still publicity. I guess my role in this is to make sure that we do not allow bad publicity to drown this good drama.

Although, everything boils down to a person's preference. I hope that other fans would respect that and stop nitpicking on celeb-dols. I'm already past the negative comments of haters and nay-wishers of SHR.

I wonder if it would have helped if they placed the characters(all the Prince and Haesoo's) age while introducing them to justify their childish behavior. I mean they said the story will cover more than a decade in that period. Wang So ascended at age 24-26. So right now, he is basically around the age of 20s? The others are prolly between 15-18 (of course except for KHN and JHJ too)

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@louisawatson@mynameiswat @LyraYoo @Gabi Bros

Thank you very much for your inputs.

so understood as its different dynasty addressing and dressing is different than Joeson dynasty.

So now only thing to watch is how HSs character will be used till the end to not to alter the history and satisfy the viewers with entertainment.

@louisawatson.. thank you. agree scar is not that bad and surely does not need that big of a mask.
@mynameiswat... no way to slice his face just to see how that real scar would be, I am happy seeing it just as makeup...hehehe

@LyraYoo thank you so much for the link to learn more abt korean words.and yes its a challenge to put that scar...lol.

In my opinion, he thinks like that because he saw his scar just after the injury so that he and the others were horrified. I believe from that moment, he never wanted to see his face and scar again. Therefore he still thinks that his scar is just like in the past. Since nobody saw it again, they all think, that WS' scar is terrible. HS will force him to look at himself again and make him realise that his scar has changed and is not so visible anymore.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Plus, that cute butterfly pin was always too pretty and innocent for his mother. If he should get her a hairpin, he needs to get one with a vicious snake on it to properly represent her. :P

And since she is a queen, it needs to be super special, a vicious live snake!

• Like 12