Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

3 hours ago, peny said:

Fun facts. Lee joon Gi only has less than 10 minutes of screentime in ep.1 and only 1 minutes of OTP moment with haesoo at the end of ep.1

Total OTP moments between wangso and haesoo from 180minutes (3 episodes) are less than 19minutes. Ep.2 with best ratings and good comments has more screentime for wangso than his screentime in other episodes.

I guess we will see more media give spotlight to lee joon gi once we are over with this so many airtime for the other princes. Well we know CP and king will die soon. So hopefully we can have more LJG and everything will get better for moonlovers. XD

Edit: sorry my bad 3 episodes should be 180minutes not 120 minutes XD so tired after work. I make silly mistake :w00t:

Fyi, LJG airtime from total 3 episodes only around 70minutes including scene with HS and other princes. His presence as the first male lead actually less than 50%

You did actually calculate that?!

Daebak... Please accept my bow

5 hours ago, chi13lou said:

I am just curious about the one-way arrow between WS and the Princess. Perhaps this is part of the creative license of the production, because based on history, he did marry her.

Uh oh... because of your comment I look the chart again...

So HS will be friend with Woon Hee (WBA 13th interest) and why Chae Ryung have interest to WWon 9th? (which is good for us because it lessen the tangled connection, but not good for Chae Ryung in the future) 

So happy that WBA 13th will just be friend to HS... (Don't mind me, I'm just too envious to HS hahaha) 

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, briseis said:

And while the writing and directing gives him a lot to work with, it’s really LJK’s sublime performance and his unbelievable ability to emote and express all those complex emotions which make Wang So into this damaged, but unbelievably human character. If I should use only one word to describe his performance it would be HYPNOTIZING. It’s clear that the other characters will be gradually developed during the story and it isn’t that they would be badly acted, but LJK just outacts them with his insane intensity alone whenever he appears on the screen. The only ones who who can hold their own next to him are the senior actors, Kang Ha Neul and suprisingly, IU, who plays Ha Jin/Hae Soo with the perfect mix of naivité, spunk, maturity and innocence fitting a 20+ year-old in a body of a teenage girl.

And I love how it gives the explanation why he killed the horse - the horse belongs to his captors and as such it represents everything WS hates about his life in Shinju, so killing the horse symbolizes him killing the very thing that could bring him back to that life.

Hypnotizing... thats one perfect word for LKJ's expressive acting and how he can show all those multiple minute emotions within seconds and make us feel all those at the same what he acts on screen. His acting is so natural and par excellence that even if he is just standing with no dialogue you know his eyes will do what no all words can do.... telling what he feels.

Regarding Horse killing.... you explained it so well. thanks for that. I was wondering till now why he had to kill that horse ?

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Hypnotizing... thats one perfect word for LKJ's expressive acting and how he can show all those multiple minute emotions within seconds and make us feel all those at the same what he acts on screen. His acting is so natural and par excellence that even if he is just standing with no dialogue you know his eyes will do what no all words can do.... telling what he feels.

Regarding Horse killing.... you explained it so well. thanks for that. I was wondering till now why he had to kill that horse ?

I think the horse killing is such a great scene which has actually three parts - it's starts with WS talking with the man about him being held as a hostage, then comes the actual horse killing and finally he tells the guard he is never returning back which echoes the words he says to himself with so much determined vulnerabilty in front of the palace later. So when you consider both the dialogue and WS's actions - the message is clear.

• Like 21

Does anyone know where I can watch the directors cut/version of the first 3 episodes? PM the link or links, thanks in advance :) 

• Like 9

@qwenli i saw before that IU will not sing ost for this drama, but i dont remember where, or maybe my friends told me, either one. (i was hoping she will sing...sobss)....

i think she have more anti now because of her controversy over her mini album? chatshire-

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Just a thought but with Hae Soo's makeup skills could she possibly hide Wang So's scars? I mean why give her that talent? For what purpose? It shows she's skilled in herbs for skin care... does seem rather shallow but then Wang So's are so debilitating for a person of his stature. We're told the court prizes beauty above all else...

Your observation is so bang on. I watched this trailer again today and at one point (5.12-5.13 mint) we have a close uo of LJK and it does not have any scar, i was wondering how can that be, But after reading your view I could relate it. thanks for pointing this out.

• Like 15

I think that Wangso will have a kind of "The Beast" complex when he start to develop feelings of love for Haesoo. Beast did not want Bella go with her family afraid that she will not come back, also his appearance makes him hold on to her as the only person not afraid of him. If Wangso moves in that direction and jealousy about her feelings for Wang Wook influence his obsession with her, it will be an interesting and heartbreaking love triangle.

• Like 19

@meahri_1  Love your post and I so agree. I have just coined a new term  chingu lobe  meaning friends who share parts of the same brain... :lol:

• Like 17

Keeping up with this thread is real challenge you know. ;)

I saw the third episode and I'm totally amazed. I can't think about watching any other show right now. Will rewatch all 3 episodes tonight. Just because. The drama to me is perfect and it seems with every new episode it only proves how good this show is. 

And - forgive me! - my Joon Gi rules in the story. I'm totally in Wang So's team. I wonder what he'll do now when he sees his mother, he knows what that horrible woman is trying to do, and he's all covered in blood with sword in his hand... will he try to kill her? Or she'll find a way to save her life? I wonder...

• Like 24

I totally agree about Lee Joon Gi's acting skills..especially in this drama..another point he well known with his historical drama roles or typical strong guy image at action dramas and movies but after he passed to his 30s his face matured so much and gained characteristic lines. he also lost weight. I'm not Asian but Asian guys loose their baby fats at late ages and ıf they are actor their matured faces features give them advantage for expressing the emotions better. I always see this at other actors too..they always be better actor in their 30's..like Song Joong Ki..after he lost his baby face suddenly we started to see his face acting better.

for example same kind of look and smile but different feelings...LJG in his 20's and now

SHRLJGteasheader-690x400.jpg

Edited by lupita311
off topic
  • Like 20

7 hours ago, xoxobleach said:

the lead actor is too good. this is my first show w LJG and i cannot take my mind off him. just finished running man where he took part in to promote the show. 

i have since tried his other shows in less than 24 hrs but i dare say the cumulation of all his acting expertise can be seen in ep1-3. 

the only other show i really liked of his while hunting his acting repertoire was the king and the clown... 

I first watched, and subsequently fell for, Lee Joon Ki in Two Weeks. You should give that drama a try too! Not a whole lot of romance in it though, as a heads up, since he's more concerned about saving his life and the life of his child.

6 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

question, this back to back to back is the re-edited version?... may i know what is the airing time?.

Does anyone know if DF or another streaming website will have the re-edited version too?

5 hours ago, qwenli said:

Sorry to cut your post, just want to say those lines in bold, I agree totally.

I didnt know IU has so many antis, so it was rather surprising to me, I thought at one point she was the Korean little sister or something. But its ok, am staying positive and optimistic because I dont really have a problem with her. I am bias, yes. I hope she gets to sing a ost, it will be a complete waste if she doesnt. Even better, have a duet with Lee Joon Gi, that guy got a wonderful voice too. And let's not forget Kang Haneul who is a musical actor. Gosh, they should all sing together. It will be a riot!

I love Lee Joon Ki's voice and IU has been my favorite K-pop artist practically since her debut. It would be AMAZING if they surprised us with a duet! I know Kang Ha Neul is a musical actor too, but I've never actually heard him sing before. lol.

About possible reasons why Wang So would suddenly want to fight for the throne. Other than wanting to protect and call Hae Soo his own, it could be to take the throne away from Wang Yo. He has already figured out that Yo and his mother were the leaders behind the assassins meant to take out the Crown Prince and that they want the throne enough to kill one of their own members, so maybe, Wang So decides to take it away from them - leaving them both unable to use underhanded tactics again to try and make Yo the future king of Goryeo. Either that, or it's his way of taking power away from his mother and from Yo.

• Like 17