[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

I've found the translated profile of 13th and 14th prince.  :wub: it seems like 14th prince will soon join the throne's war against Wang Wook and Wang So :tears:

Hi I just want to highlight in Chinese history, it is well known that there was controversy about whether the fourth or the fourteenth gets the throne, because there was much rumour that the king wrote his edict for the fourteenth, but someone meddled with the edict and erase the "teenth" to become the fourth prince. In chinese characters, it was possible. So the emperor Yongzheng (which the 4th prince became) was a controversial figure. But he was not too bad an emperor, pretty firm and effective.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

found one making video with initial minutes of LJK and IU having fun during their shoot, at one point he says Saghija (lets date) (I hope in understood correctly with my very limited Korean knowledge)

MODERATOR EDIT: DON'T QUOTE VIDEOS!!

yes he said that.. lol

the last scene where they rehearse and IU bite that person hand he even said 'why she so cute'.... hahahahaha

• Like 12

1 hour ago, sunl0ver said:

I am not sure. The body language of Wang Wook suggests something was going on between him and Haesoo before HaJin-Haesoo appeared ?
In Ep 1, Wang Wook went into HS's room, held out his hand to her and said something like "you can avoid it/run away from it." ? Need to re-watch to confirm.

My sister thought so too but I argued with the library scene where Wook is alone with Soo and say that he is never close to her before but he can see she is different now. Since they are alone, there is no reason for him to hide if they had a relationship before Hajin/Haesoo. So my opinion is they are not close before. He is just attracted to her now.

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, violet90 said:

@solelylurking

its actually different in term of their relationship in BBJX.. i mean first Wangso is actually a nice guy minus all the time he threaten Haesoo to kill her cause all the subtle thing that he do to her even when he throw her from the horse he did stop and wait for her to get down but she just staring at him.. lol 

but more importantly Wangso is vocally claimed Haesoo as his person in front of everybody..that's something is purely his instinct to protect Haesoo when YeonHwa beat her.. that's where we can see that he did care for her and try to protect her in a way.. but even LJG said when Wangso fall in love with Haesoo he became a very possessive and extremely jealous guy... we can see his face when Haesoo hug 14th prince..hahahaha

can't wait to see this guy... lol

Wang So didn't stop at just that, he slapped 14th when they came home in front of their evil mother :D that scene showed in the trailer too :D poor 14th didn't know what on earth was going on :lol:

• Like 11

here are not so fun part....

no matter how strong or deep Wangso love for Haesoo is he have obligation for his country first.. even that mean marrying his half sister cause he cannot destroy a country for a love.. that a sad and reality part.. Haesoo is just ordinary girl with absolutely no power and she don't have anybody beside 4th prince.. he can't take her as a queen cause he have to take someone that have power or can united the clan.. just like King Taejo that married to avoid war.. that the king duties..

but his heart is something else.. that something belong to Haesoo no matter what.. its just a harsh reality of life when we cannot get everything that we want but i just want to they happy no matter how hard it is.. 

p.s sorry for my rambling.. i got nothing to do cause its my off day... kkkkk

CqgyA5OVMAAhehF.jpg

• Like 20

8 hours ago, MadraRua said:

4th Prince Yinzhen indeed had ambitions for the throne but it wasn't until 13th Prince got locked up and Ruoxi was demoted to the the laundry house that he wanted to seize it for them so he could free both his precious people. 

I'm looking at the character description and it doesn't say 8th Prince has ambitions for the throne because of Hae Soo. It says he's a natural born leader. This we already know. He doesn't follow the lead of 3rd like most of the Princes around them but challenges him. He's also a very compassionate man. His lady said he's done these charitable work before so he's (in my opinion) already laying the ground work the throne. He's a savvy politician. That's what I meant when I said his purpose was more altruistic. I believe Hae Soo will become a factor but she is not one at the moment. I think he's always had political ambitions and as it says, will gather his people around him - 10th Prince, 14th Prince. 9th Prince etc. He'll need all their support and more to take the throne. Does anyone know what 'Wang Bo' refers to in the piece?

As far as 4th Prince, Wang So, is concerned - I don't believe he has political aspirations as yet. He's come at the behest of the Crown Prince to see who is behind the assassination attempt. I think there's some tie between the two. He's just looking for a way to escape going back as a hostage and in no way is he thinking of the throne for himself yet. I think he will want to seize the throne for himself somewhere down the line because of Hae Soo either directly or indirectly. I really don't think he wants to see 3rd Prince sitting pretty on it either. It'll be interesting to see his conversation with his mother. He has now abandoned the Crown Prince with his role in destroying the monk temple. Maybe she will barter love for him in exchange for helping the 3rd Prince. Who knows. 

I don't think, he has really abandoned the Crown Prince Wang Mu. WS only covered the tracks that would lead to the involvement of his mother. He doesn't want to help his brother Yo to get the throne as he dislikes him. Moreover, the preview showed us that she will reject him again. She will say that he is not her son so that from my point of view, WS will be even more devastated. 

@zagigirl I also don't think, he killed the monks in order to protect his brother Wang Mu because if so, why did he leave much earlier than the CP? He wanted to be there before the CP arrives so that all the involved people are dead. He wanted to cover the evidences. It was his ultimative sacrifice for his mother in order to show her how loyal he is. However, he will be rejected once again.

• Like 10

LEE HI CROONS FOR MOON LOVERS: BO BO KYUNG SHIM: RYEO

leehi

This song I truly fell in love at first note – and I was delighted to find out it was sung by Lee Hi, no less. Love the gal and her beautifully unique voice. The title of the song has yet to be released. This was played in the scene where Wang So runs into Hae Soo in the bathing pool and she sees his scar. Lee Joon Ki’s vulnerability in this scene is heart-breaking and I can just go on and on how awesome he is as the cold, brutal Fourth Prince. Anyway, the melody is sweet, the lyrics are sweeter, and Lee Hi’s voice is just heavenly to my ears. I hope the full soundtrack will be released soon.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/09/01/lee-hi-croons-for-moon-lovers-bo-bo-kyung-shim-ryeo/

• Like 17

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Hide contents

Hi I just want to highlight in Chinese history, it is well known that there was controversy about whether the fourth or the fourteenth gets the throne, because there was much rumour that the king wrote his edict for the fourteenth, but someone meddled with the edict and erase the "teenth" to become the fourth prince. In chinese characters, it was possible. So the emperor Yongzheng (which the 4th prince became) was a controversial figure. But he was not too bad an emperor, pretty firm and effective.

I am not sure of the origin of that widespread rumour or otherwise known as 野史 ... maybe from TV series 外传 ?
Because during the Qing (Manchu) dynasty time of KangXi and YongZheng, they use manchurian script 满文 so if indeed there was an edict written for 14th prince, it would be impossible to amend it to 4th. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, qwenli said:

It will be so easy for the writer to do a cut and paste ending but I will really salute her if she can come up with an improved version.

Sorry to cut your post but totally agree with everything you said. How cool would it be for him to travel to the future with her? I mean if she could go back (and presumably goes forward again), what's to say he couldn't move forward too with her? Maybe not simultaneously, but as a reincarnation with all his memories intact? I'm dreaming of possibilities now.... but I'm sure writer-nim will surprise us all. 

As far as reincarnation goes, I'm not a subscriber to any religion, but I do recognize merits in each of them and for sure Buddhism with it's reincarnation core tenet is one of them. (Not saying I believe per say, but it is a comforting thought of the afterlife and our place in this world)

@solelylurking From what I recall I think 14th loved her from the beginning but held himself back because 8th Prince seemed to have captured her heart. His love for Ruoxi was very pure ... forgoing all this wives to live quietly with her until the very end. Of course Ruoxi never reciprocated those feelings :( And therein lies the rub... she loved 4th until her last breath... **swoon**  

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't think, he has really abandoned the Crown Prince Wang Mu. WS only covered the tracks that would lead to the involvement of his mother. He doesn't want to help his brother Yo to get the throne as he dislikes him. Moreover, the preview showed us that she will reject him again. She will say that he is not her son so that from my point of view, WS will be even more devastated. 

I think his tacit undertaking to silence and destroy the Monks temple says he has abandoned the Crown Prince. How can he rely on Wang So going forward? Even if his mother still rejects him, he will do what he can to cover her trail. Unfortunately for him she is his mother after all even if she doesn't act like it. She will stop at nothing to enthrone the 3rd Prince, and will rely on Wang So's skewered loyalty to ensure this. Maybe not directly but I don't think he'll go up against his mother with the Crown Prince. Just my ramblings cool-onion-head-emoticon.gif I could of course be totally wrong and your well within your rights to tell me 'I told you so' ;) 

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Sorry to cut your post!

I think his tacit undertaking to silence and destroy the Monks temple says he has abandoned the Crown Prince. How can he rely on Wang So going forward? Even if his mother still rejects him, he will do what he can to cover her trail. Unfortunately for him she is his mother after all even if she doesn't act like it. She will stop at nothing to enthrone the 3rd Prince, and will rely on Wang So's skewered loyalty to ensure this. Maybe not directly but I don't think he'll go up against his mother with the Crown Prince. Just my ramblings cool-onion-head-emoticon.gif I could of course be totally wrong and your well within your rights to tell me 'I told you so' ;) 

Yes, he won't go directly againts his mother. However, he will never do such a thing again for his mother. And the reason I am saying he didn't abandon the CP is because he acted behind Wang Mu's back. No one is aware of his action. Even Wang Yo has no idea about his intervention and I don't think, Queen Yo will reveal WS' intervention too. She hates him too much and she has sprayed so many lies about WS that if she started mentioning it to her son Wang Yo, he would start questioning himself or even getting angry. So on the surface, WS hasn't abandoned the CP. But from my point of view, after being rejection by his mother, WS will need even more his brother's support because he doesn't want to be sent back to Shinju!! Therefore he will keep staying at his brother's side (CP).

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, he won't go directly againts his mother. However, he will never do such a thing again for his mother. And the reason I am saying he didn't abandon the CP is because he acted behind Wang Mu's back. No one is aware of his action. Even Wang Yo has no idea about his intervention and I don't think, Queen Yo will reveal WS' intervention too. She hates him too much and she has sprayed so much lies about WS that if she started mentioning it to her son Wang Yo, he would start questioning himself or even getting angry. So on the surface, WS hasn't abandoned the CP. But from my point of view, after being rejection by his mother, WS will need even more his brother's support because he doesn't want to be sent back to Shinju!! Therefore he will keep staying at his brother's side (CP).

For me it comes down to who he'll ultimately side with - and this, regrettably, will always be his mother whether he likes it or not. She has this hold over him. He will always strive to please her even if he doesn't consciously know what he's doing. No matter how many times she rejects him, he will always seek her validation. I would love it if he dropped her like a hot potato, but I just can't see it happening. She scarred him and he still goes seeking her out with a hairpin to boot. Come hell or high water, he'll put filial duty before brotherly loyalty. 

• Like 11

@MadraRua oohh poor Wang Jeong a.k.a 14th. I guess that hug shake all his heart's core hehe. I would admire and grow to love a girl who risk her life to help me, I think. Even after that her 2 bodyguards came and fix the problem and make me their problem haha. @uuugogirl said 4th even slapped the 14th because of it. I have to check it out later. I saw a slapping part but it was Yoo slapping So. 

So he kind of give up but not completely because of 8th? He could've persue her still right? Soo is everyone fair game at that time because Wook hasn't propose officially or should I say couldn't. I feel Wook has that something that can make somebody backed out when it come face to face with him. He's the only one who is at level with Yoo and there say 'there's nothing here belong to you' to So eventhough his family rank lower than them. 4th ignored him and smirk vut still ... I sense calm but deadly from him. But maybe it just my fangirling mode on hehe.

Unfortunately for Soo, the two guys she involves with is possesive, over jealous and deadly. I don't know I have to cheer or cry for her. :sweatingbullets:

I agree with @bebebisous33. Wang So will have to cover his act and stay close to CP if he doesn't want to return being hostage. The choice is that or going to war, I think. But I believe war battle still long way to come so it leave him with no choice. 

• Like 12