[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

This is the cutest IU - Lee Joon Gi interaction! ^_^ 

Why Lee Joon Gi teased Kang Ha Neul with IU? :lol: It's because at least for me, KHN can't hide that he likes her for real. He has been so obvious many times. I think he probably is a fanboy. 

@Gabi Bros  It's my understanding KHN is Uaena. But I'm with you. I too think he's sporting a crush.

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

I wonder if it would have helped if they placed the characters(all the Prince and Haesoo's) age while introducing them to justify their childish behavior. I mean they said the story will cover more than a decade in that period. Wang So ascended at age 24-26. So right now, he is basically around the age of 20s? The others are prolly between 15-18 (of course except for KHN and JHJ too)

Yes...We know Haesoo is 16 because of character description...but for people that don't searched about it...will never know unless is said on the drama. So far we know that Chaeryung is one year younger than Haesoo but has Haesoo's age being revealed in the drama? I don't remember that. We only know that she is 16 years old based on her character description (and also is the original age of Ruoxi in Scarlet Heart drama). I think Wangso mentioned the incident of his scar was around 15 years ago...so yes, he is 20 or early 20's. Wang Wook is said in character description that is the same age as Wang So. Yeonhwa called Wang Wook -oppa- in the special episode (so she is younger). We know, only because of character description that 14th (Wang Jung) will call Haesoo noona (so he is younger...maybe between 14 and 15 years old). Wang Jung is the baby of the group...so, all the others princes (except Wang Mo, Wangso and Wangyo) are maybe between 15 to 19 years old.  

As you said, it would have helped a lot for people that are not familiar to understand the childish behavior. So, many criticism of -she looked like a teen-, -he behave like a kid- would have been avoided. 

• Like 17

20 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

Yes...We know Haesoo is 16 because of character description...but for people that don't searched about it...will never know unless is said on the drama. So far we know that Chaeryung is one year younger than Haesoo but has Haesoo's age being revealed in the drama? I don't remember that. We only know that she is 16th based on her character description. I think Wangso mentioned the incident of his scar was around 15 years ago...so yes, he is 20 or early 20's. Wang Wook is said in character description that is the same age as Wang So. Yeonhwa called Wang Wook -oppa- in the special episode (so she is younger). We know, only because of character description that 14h (Wang Jung) will call Haesoo noona (so he is younger...maybe between 14 and 15 years). Wang Jung is the baby of the group...so, all the others princes (except Wang Mo, Wangso and Wangyo) are maybe between 15 to 19 years old.  

As you said, it would have helped a lot for people that are not familiar to understand the childish behavior. So, many criticism of -she looked like a teen-, -he behave like a kid- would have been avoided. 

True, this is something that supporters of the drama might know since they read character descriptions, translations and all that during the last months prior to the drama airing. But for those who're not avid supporter of SHR may miss the fact that these characters are basically teeners(for me their age is like still a kid xD ) Its prolly not entirely about the acting but the character they're acting out, I mean how are you supposed to act as a teener at age 14-16? If people think they're acting childish then the team must be doing excellent job portraying their characters.

• Like 16

49 minutes ago, Berou said:

woooow i've been away for 2 days and i had to read 20 pages !!!!! this thread  is moving a lot faster than expected. I need to adjust to the speed hahahha.

Numerous people, including me, have complaiend about the hate and the low ratings of the drama. we should forget about that and enjoy it. Low rating doesn't equal low quality of drama and poor writing. Korean audience have a particular taste, different from the ifans. there are a lot of dramas that were super popular in korea and got high ratings but in my opinion they weren't so great and i didn't understand the hype over them and in contrast there were dramas that were super popular with the ifans but got low ratings in korea ( ie: healer).

i find a little bit regrettable that the quality of the drama is judged from the first three episodes although the plot hasn't unfolded . I'm positive that by episode it will get better and the ratings will rise. Those who hated in the first place, will regret it and bite their nails.

Totally agree with you! My European mind can't get why in Korea fans opinion affects celebrities so much?! And why if some celebrity turned to be not so perfect as expected to be-everyone becomes to hate him?! Celebrities are people like all of us, they have a private life, they can make mistakes... For me IU is a good actress, i believe to her in all her emotions: anger, embarassment, laugh and tears. For example Park Shin He is not better at all as an actress but she is liked and no scandal-so everyone ok with her very low actor skills. I like Park Shin He but I want to be honest she is not a great actress!

is it true-Healer had a low ratings?!! 

• Like 16

20 hours ago, Lady_Lara said:

For me IU is a good actress, i believe to her in all her emotions: anger, embarassment, laugh and tears

As a fan of IU myself, I think she's good, there are times that she may not be able to connect with the audience in emotion but nothing really serious to point out in every frame possible just a lil lacking for most who're avid in watching Saeguk. 

Koreans have really unusual taste, for one, i know that they like Saeguk according to survey. As to what type of Saeguk is the question.

At least Healer was consistent between 8-10% in rating. Even Love Rain (although I haven't watched that drama, but was highly popular in my country) was not well-received in Korea from what I've heard.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, ilovekorearocks said:

As a fan of IU myself, I think she's good, there are times that she may not be able to connect with the audience in emotion but nothing really serious to point out in every frame possible just a lil lacking for most who're avid in watching Saeguk. 

Koreans have really unusual taste, for one, i know that they like Saeguk according to survey. As to what type of Saeguk is the question.

At least Healer was consistent between 8-10% in rating. Even Love Rain (although I haven't watched that drama, but was highly popular in my country) was not well-received in Korea from what I've heard.

IU is still a very young girl if she practices in acting I'm sure she will be a very good actress:) I really want to support her, maybe you know her nick in instargram?

• Like 13

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:16 PM, chickenchopflipflop said:
On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:29 PM, Nymeria289 said:
26 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:
26 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

Totally agree with you! My European mind can't get why in Korea fans opinion affects celebrities so much?! And why if some celebrity turned to be not so perfect as expected to be-everyone becomes to hate him?! Celebrities are people like all of us, they have a private life, they can make mistakes... For me IU is a good actress, i believe to her in all her emotions: anger, embarassment, laugh and tears. For example Park Shin He is not better at all as an actress but she is liked and no scandal-so everyone ok with her very low actor skills. I like Park Shin He but I want to be honest she is not a great actress!

I liked this forum better when people weren't so sensitive to negative comments to the point of asking members to stay away. Different people watch with different expectations. I guess you can speak only if you love it or forever hold you silence. So be it, goodbye. 

Hi guys! This is my first message up on the soompi forums ever. After years of hibernation, i have decided to speak up because i feel quite emotional about the drama as well as the negative comments surrounding it. 

First of all, I don't think there is much to criticise about IU's acting at this point in time, because, they have not even gotten to the emotional parts! Lee Joon Gi is perfect as always, you could tell he's working very hard in every single scene he appears in, even though he does not appear in many scenes at the moment. 

However, I feel that ultimately, the people working behind the scenes have been letting the production down quite a bit, hence explaining the low ratings... To discuss this, i would need to use some spoilers as examples to talk about the points I would like to make. 

Hide contents

To be honest, the cinematography was breathtaking, the actors were wonderful, the sets were meticulously designed but the greatest let down was the storyboarding and post editing......

Although the K version was drastically different from the C version, the audience was promised a moving love story and an intriguing plot about palace politics. Instead, the editors and story boarders have decided to dumb the story down by 10 notches by presenting it in a way even a child could understand. And my goodness, the story is GREAT SO FAR but the post production wasted such a good script by not editing it, or storyboarding it properly to maximise its original intention/ potential to entertain....All the character's intentions were laid out SO PLAINLY since the beginning, there is hardly any suspense or mystery left for the viewer to speculate....which i think is the reason why korean viewers are not coming back to the show, despite the awesome acting etc...

I work closely with the post production business, so already I could point out 2 GLARINGLY IMPORTANT plot points that were glossed over so roughly and mindlessly that it is frustrating to me as a viewer..

1) Wang So changing positions with Wang Moo at the ceremonial dance
They should have cut the scene where the astrologist proposed to Wang So to help the Crown Prince AFTER  the king unveiled the mask and realised that Wang So had switched with Wang Moo. The viewers should have been fooled together and realise  the truth only at the same time as other characters do, not before, as this would have maximised the full dramatic potential of that plot point. Instead, we were already expecting Wang so behind the mask, so no surprises there..

2) the parallels between 8th prince (wang wook) and the 4th
In the 3rd episode, Wang Wook explained to Hae soo calmly that he too had killed before, but it was to protect his family and he is proud of it and at peace with what happened. This scene should have been cut side by side with the scene Wang soo is killing the monks to protect his own family. The comparison would have drawn a clear and intriguing contrast between the 2 male leads, both of them do the same thing, but have drastically different means and circumstances. It would also endear us more to Wang Soo's character, instead of showing a SUDDEN shift to a completely cold hearted killer (which was inconsistent with how the first 2 episodes portrayed him as). I felt strongly that the script was intended to be read this way, but the editors again decided to dumb down this plot point.....

Overall i felt strongly that the editors and story boarders went for the most straightforward approach to telling the story, which may not sit well with korean audiences, but might reduce the risk of broadcasting to a large regional audience (all with different languages, cultures and values). So while in a way their approach was understandable, I felt it was disrespectful to the actors, the script and the overall production in general

In general, i am not trying to say that the drama is bad, or that you should boycott it. What I am saying is, it's just not right for the actors to be criticised for something they had no control over.. and finally you should still continue to watch the drama BECAUSE IT HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL !! i just hope the post production team realise what they are doing wrong and rectify it asap.....:angry:

@Lady_Laraoh thanks! A high fiver for that. 

Been pondering over that for days now!

My British mentality cannot comprehend too!!

• Like 11

20 hours ago, Lady_Lara said:

IU is still a very young girl if she practices in acting I'm sure she will be a very good actress:) I really want to support her, maybe you know her nick in instargram?

Her insta is dlwlrma. xD I only created IG to follow her, I didn't have it before, and I am only following her. xD

• Like 9

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

@akinahana89 You have totally shocked me. This is the very first time I've ever seen you jump from our prior ship to another one. I can attest...this drama's gotta have some legs for you to change.  :lol:

Trust me, chingu, I shocked myself too. LOL. But honestly speaking, since news broke out last year, I've been wondering if it was disrespectful to keep it up, if it would mean or be interpreted as a silent rejection of reality and their individual happiness. At the same time, I didn't want to discard it like it meant nothing to me. It's different though, the situation. Our prior ship was a ship between two people, this ship is a ship between two characters. I'll always be captain, no doubt, but I decided last night that, at some point, we've gotta let it go. Right? And what a better way to do that than to give into my current obsession and heart throb? :P

1 hour ago, chi13lou said:

And since she is a queen, it needs to be super special, a vicious live snake!

I was going to say, might as well make her Medusa... but then I realized that'd be way too much power for her. LOL

55 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

And that's the thing that puzzles me. I LOVED both Healer and Love Rain. Both were amazing dramas and are in my top ten favorites, but the reception for them in Korea were very lackluster. Outside of Korea though, they were big hits. It may just be me, but I find the taste and opinions of Koreans in regards to dramas a little... weird. They don't seem to like unique, well balanced dramas, but love cliches, cheesiness, and plot hole filled ones. lol.

• Like 15

Can I deduct like Holmes? Well free to put input here and there since it's only my thoughts and it can be wrong. I still ship Wook with Soo. Even better, I ship KHN with IU. Thank God it's not only me who thinks that guy falling head over heels for her. The way his face lights up everytime IU is around or talked about is gold. Maybe that's why he done such a fantastic work becoming Wook.

For me Wang Wook and Wang So is the exact opposite. 

Wook is very gentleman-like, soft, caring, wise and warm on the outside but he actually cold, calculative, very smart but tries not to show it of, and plays his game really well because he plays to win on the inside. No one really knows about Wook, what he's thinking, how he truly feels, except Wook himself. Later on this will become handy when he pave his way to the throne because he can have many followers. He likes to know where the roads actually end up before walking on it. His ambitions can be understand since he comes from the lower rank compare to the other princes. He doesn't love his wife but care and respect her, that's why he feels guilty about his feeling for Soo. The only unexpected thing in his life is Soo. Wook forget about manners, how to act accordingly and live on instinct when it come to Soo. I'm sure many have tried to make him fall in love, including his wife, but fails. Is his love for her genuine? I think it is. Only true love can make someone honourable wrecked like that. Well, at least on the teasers, ost mv and the preview for next ep. 

Wang So in the other hand use to live by instinct and sharp not only on the edges but all around. He threatens everybody so no one can approach and hurt him. Fear is his weapon. The more one fear him, the better. It doesn't work on Soo. Well, maybe just a little bit. But then Soo bite him back again, making him awe and twitch a smile or two. He is like a snow on the outside. Snow can be cold and deadly and beautiful at the same time. But underneath all that 'necessity accessories' he truly a warm hearted and considerate guy. Sometimes he even tends to be childish when Soo is around, teasing and unnecessary touching and grabbing. Like an elementary school kid. Wang So is a hot headed person. He acts before he think. He doesn't hide anything, really, if one takes a close look at him. Want to know what he thinks and feels? It's all there on his face. We just have to look at it the right time because he sure fast hiding it. All he wants is to be love unconditionally and she got that from Soo. He bares it all for her: her scar, her life and soul. But So is a man who knows his duty. I hope this vers don't follow the path of the C vers about this. If it is, it would be less fun. 

The only thing in common about this two men us their love for Soo and how it can make or break them. 

The end. 

Thanks for reading. :D

• Like 19