[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

On 9/1/2016 at 3:59 PM, akinahana89 said:

To be honest, I think that's such a cop out approach. It's like they're saying, "we're really aiming for a sad or bittersweet ending, but we fear the backlash of that, so here's a reincarnation who has no knowledge of anything, but they'll fall in love anyway because, look, reincarnation! So everything should be okay since you can TECHNICALLY count it as a happy ending even though it's not."  lol.

I mean, if done really well, then maaaaaaybe... but most of the time, it's just... ugh.

The only thing that made Bu Bu Jing Xin 2 acceptable with that aspect is that they acknowledged in the end that everything between the two of them began with that painting in the museum. Even though the entire production got butchered by restrictions and became an absolute train wreck, I have to believe that the original intention of the sequel was for Nicky Wu to realize or gain knowledge of his past as the 4th prince and for everything, past and present, to come together. We just didn't get to see that anymore and they saved the production as best as they could.

So will this mean we will see and ending with WW or WS saving her in reality from drowning and they will swim off happily ever after I agree this would be a cop out and a terrible ending.. I just hoipe the writer thinks of something more creative we don't need to go back to reality just end it in the era it's in.. Maybe they would have IU/HS wakes up in the hospital from her coma after drowning I think this would be more realistic..

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, briseis said:

It took me awhile to pinpoint exactly what makes Wang So so different from the majority of kdrama male leads - it’s his unrestained emotional vulnerability, at least where his personal feelings and emotions are concerned.

I hope the sequel to this post is the scene in which his father, the King, asks him how his wound is the next day when he goes in to report back about the assassins in the forest. The unfiltered surprise on his face and the happiness he couldn't hide that, for one very brief moment, his father showed the slightest bit of concern. I think you would do a far better job than me at explaining and dissecting that scene with elegance. ^^

5 minutes ago, valsava said:

So will this mean we will see and ending with WW or WS saving her in reality from drowning and they will swim off happily ever after I agree this would be a cop out and a terrible ending.. I just hoipe the writer thinks of something more creative we don't need to go back to reality just end it in the era it's in.. Maybe they would have IU/HS wakes up in the hospital from her coma after drowning I think this would be more realistic..

Spoiler

In the C-version, Rouxi gets transported to the past due to getting shocked by an electric billboard rather than by drowning. When she dies in the past, her soul got transported back to her modern body, where she's been in a coma for a couple of weeks. She doesn't actually meet the modern day version of 4th Prince until she recovers enough to leave the hospital and head to the history museum in search of answers. When she sees him there, she stares at him and tears up. He smiles at her uncertainly and asks if he knows her, but she shakes her head and he walks away while she stares longingly at him.

I haven't reached the end of the novel to know how similar or how different the C-drama made the ending, but if MLSHR is following that on a fairly close level, then modern day Wang So wouldn't be there to save her from drowning. Most likely, the father who was already trying to pull her out of the water would be her savior.

Since what we've seen so far is already pretty different from the C-version, I hope and believe that the ending will be different too. So much attention to detail has already been made for this drama, I don't think they would cop out in the end with an unsatisfactory ending. At the same time.... I think it's inevitable that Ha Jin will have to return to the modern day, either by Hae Soo's death or another magical solar eclipse. Although, the implications behind that would be rather heartbreaking...

• Like 17

continuing my rant about Wangso....

a lot of male lead have actually this syndrome where they broken meet a girl and fall in love.. but Wangso is kinda different in a way.. yes he broken from all the thing that his mother do but he still have a sense as a human being.. he still love his mother and his brother even when they treat him like that.. he still have sense of humor i mean when 3rd prince tell he just understand animal language he just casually said that why he understood him.. LOL

Wangso for me is not a complex character but have depth in his character.. that's what i like.. we as viewer understand him..

when Wangso stop Yeonhwa from beating Haesoo and declare she belong to him we can see how possessive of him.. he can grab Haesoo neck and face.. can throw her down but do not accept in any way other people do that to her.. its like only him can do those mean thing to her nobody else can..we can see that when Haesoo give advice to him for the first time in ep4 i think that's when Wangso decided to take interest in her..how she see beyond his hurt to treat him like any human being that his mother and brother still can't do...his sense of protectiveness will only increase in time when he around Haesoo.. i just love Wangso and Haesoo as a separate character and when they together is just amazing... :)

• Like 18

20 hours ago, qwenli said:

Ah, here you mentioned another of my past scar - Healer. They lost out to another drama Punch of the same timeslot. Punch was a heavier drama about corruption etc. Whereas Scarlett heart vs Moonlight is a Serious drama vs a Light hearted drama and they lost out? So I am really confused whether Korean audience like serious or lighthearted drama. 

Or maybe they really have issues with the cast that we do not know of. 

There is no exact formula when it comes to Korean taste. They're just so weird when it comes to a lot of thing. Well, as someone mentioned the rating is based on a limited # of households(2000-3000), so they don't really represent the entirety of SK public and I wouldn't worry about ratings anymore. I get a headache whenever I remember it. LOLs. I like complex/complicated stories so SHR is a drama I am most interested on following. 

Anyone know if there is a streaming link for the back to back later?

20 hours ago, briseis said:

It took me awhile to pinpoint exactly what makes Wang So so different from the majority of kdrama male leads - it’s his unrestained emotional vulnerability, at least where his personal feelings and emotions are concerned. He may be brooding and cynical, but never cold because he is so utterly incapable of controling his emotions. WANG SO HAS ABSOLUTELY NO FILTERS, HE SIMPLY FEELS TOO MUCH AND HE DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO HIDE IT - THE PAIN, THE LONGING, ANY OF IT. And his emotions are so intense, raw, turbulent and totally unguarded to the point where it sometimes seems he is on the verge of combusting from the emotional overload. THAT’S WHY HE APPEARS SO VULNERABLE DESPITE THE MASK COVERING HIS FACE - HE CARES TOO MUCH, HOPES TOO MUCH AND WANTS TOO MUCH AND THAT ALLOWS OTHERS TO HURT HIM. The saddest thing is that all he wants is the love of his parents - the very people who don’t love him enough and who failed him 15 years ago and continue to fail him even now. Yet, Wang So has such a huge capacity for love, maybe because he received so little of it, but each time he allows himself the tiny hope he would be loved in returned, it’s heartlessly crushed. 

I really love reading your post here. They're well thought out. Jjang!:blush:

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

I hope the sequel to this post is the scene in which his father, the King, asks him how his wound is the next day when he goes in to report back about the assassins in the forest. The unfiltered surprise on his face and the happiness he couldn't hide that, for one very brief moment, his father showed the slightest bit of concern. I think you would do a far better job than me at explaining and dissecting that scene with elegance. ^^

Reveal hidden contents

In the C-version, Rouxi gets transported to the past due to getting shocked by an electric billboard rather than by drowning. When she dies in the past, her soul got transported back to her modern body, where she's been in a coma for a couple of weeks. She doesn't actually meet the modern day version of 4th Prince until she recovers enough to leave the hospital and head to the history museum in search of answers. When she sees him there, she stares at him and tears up. He smiles at her uncertainly and asks if he knows her, but she shakes her head and he walks away while she stares longingly at him.

I haven't reached the end of the novel to know how similar or how different the C-drama made the ending, but if MLSHR is following that on a fairly close level, then modern day Wang So wouldn't be there to save her from drowning. Most likely, the father who was already trying to pull her out of the water would be her savior.

Since what we've seen so far is already pretty different from the C-version, I hope and believe that the ending will be different too. So much attention to detail has already been made for this drama, I don't think they would cop out in the end with an unsatisfactory ending. At the same time.... I think it's inevitable that Ha Jin will have to return to the modern day, either by Hae Soo's death or another magical solar eclipse. Although, the implications behind that would be rather heartbreaking...

i think there is a saying that no matter how much you want to stay behind if you don't belong there you have to go.. Haesoo fate is to help Wangso get the throne and in the process they fall in love and its love of their life.. its like their love is defied the world principal as time cannot be altered.. love between different time and Wangso description hit me hard 'the man who want to be Haesoo lover even after he dies

the sad part is she just being borrowed to him to fulfill his fate.. once its completed the time will take her back.. this is why this love story is beautiful but heart wrenching cause we know what going to happen.. no matter how the writer did the ending they both going to suffer before i'm sincerely hoping at least they can became happy again... 

• Like 13

@akinahana89  

Spoiler

I saw the C-verison of this drama after reading what I posted It could come down to her awakening from her coma maybe the first person she sees when she wakes up is WW who is a doctor in the reality era and may have spend time talking to her while she was in her coma.. I did see the ending of the C version I'm more skeptical then ever ion how this one is going to end hopefully your right that her father or the father of the child saves her from drowning.. 

15 minutes ago, violet90 said:

continuing my rant about Wangso....

a lot of male lead have actually this syndrome where they broken meet a girl and fall in love.. but Wangso is kinda different in a way.. yes he broken from all the thing that his mother do but he still have a sense as a human being.. he still love his mother and his brother even when they treat him like that.. he still have sense of humor i mean when 3rd prince tell he just understand animal language he just casually said that why he understood him.. LOL

Wangso for me is not a complex character but have depth in his character.. that's what i like.. we as viewer understand him..

@violet90  I agree there's a lot of depth and complexity to WS character is mom will be the cause of his complexity aslong with the brother the mother don't want the child around that she scared for life as to remind of her her on complexity now will she use his wanting to be accepted in her on quest for power to plce her eldest son on the throne.. How much more damage will he has to endure because of her HS will be his only salvation to normality but he has to fight WW for that..

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

No direct links

Wow. THANKS ALOT. I really appreciate this. I just hope it loads and won't buffer for eternity like the last link I used.

One thing I noticed about Hae Soo is when she talks, she strikes a chord. LOL. So far I've seen that with Wang So and Wang Wook. She said things that both guys have burried into their inner hearts but she was able to tap into them without knowing.

I'm just a little amazed that she can read body language of other people. I mean, how did she know what Baekhyun was gonna say/confess? and how can she tell that YeonHwa was just being plain mean and doesn't like her? I wouldn't have been able to figure that out. xD

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 9

@valsava

i need to add that for Wangso Haesoo is his salvation and his world.. there is no denying in that but Haesoo is someone that kind and love everyone.. Wangso is her lover but she will and still protect all the people that she love.. that's why they both hurt each other when they fall in love cause Wangso goal is to protect her no matter what but Haesoo mind is from 20th century where she can't understand why it have to be that way.. so yes its going to be interesting to see their love journey..

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

There is no exact formula when it comes to Korean taste. They're just so weird when it comes to a lot of thing. Well, as someone mentioned the rating is based on a limited # of households(2000-3000), so they don't really represent the entirety of SK public and I wouldn't worry about ratings anymore. 

From a statistic point of view, the sampling method is correct, because it is not cost effective or possible to put a meter in every household, also some people wont consent to being surveyed. Even for food checks, the health authority will check probably 10% of the stock for e.g 1 can for every 10 cans and then extrapolate it to represent the whole population. There will of course be some margin of error, so hopefully the researchers/surveyors update the sampling method and size regularly.

---------------------

Here is one for the YoYo club from the Queen's personal instagram. I wonder if this is a bts or an actual scene, because So is standing behind watching them.:sweatingbullets:

scqueen.jpg

The men and their horses 

sc6.jpg

knhorse.jpg

[spoiler/]

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, valsava said:

@akinahana89  

Hide contents

I saw the C-verison of this drama after reading what I posted It could come down to her awakening from her coma maybe the first person she sees when she wakes up is WW who is a doctor in the reality era and may have spend time talking to her while she was in her coma.. I did see the ending of the C version I'm more skeptical then ever ion how this one is going to end hopefully your right that her father or the father of the child saves her from drowning.. 

Hm... Wang So as a doctor? Or Wang Wook? That's an interesting thought and one that didn't occur to me. If he had spent all that time taking care of her, talking to her, etc... when she's been in a coma, then I think I'd be okay with that ending. I think. Although it'd be hard to imagine him developing any kind of feelings for her while in a coma. I guess they could develop mutual feelings if they moved from patient to doctor to friends. Their interactions might begin from the simple fact that Ha Jin would be grateful for his care during her stay and from wanting to stick close to him after her journey in Goryeo. Or... modern day Wang So might just think she's a crazy woman if she woke up, took a look at his face, and promptly burst into tears or something. Haha.

Maybe we shouldn't focus so much on the ending just yet. We've just begun after all and the speculations could very well drive us insane. lol.

• Like 12

'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' shares heart-stopping pictures of Lee Jun Ki

By alim17  

Lee Jun Ki might be all cute off screen, but he's definitely sexy on, especially as the tough warrior in SBS's 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo'!

Recently, Namoo Actors shared behind cuts of the actor as the fourth prince in the historical piece, draped in red while his bangs cover half his face, lending him an air of mystery that ladies cannot resist!

SEE ALSO: Actor Lee Jun Ki cutely welcomes his first 500k followers on Instagram

Make sure you check in on Monday and Tuesday to get more of Lee Jun Ki!

lee-jun-ki_1472834473_1472719262323.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/scarlet-heart-ryeo-shares-heart-stopping-pictures-of-lee-jun-ki

============================

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo breaks online viewing records

a27345ef-c2c8-4373-8e55-f0c8452cd5d4.jpg

In what is being considered record-breaking, an incredible 300 millions viewers in China tuned in over the course of three days on Youku to watch DramaFever exclusive, Scarlet Heart:Ryeo

China seemed to have loved what they saw. From beautifully designed sets and exquisite costumes, to a jammed packed stellar star cast (oh hello IULee Joon Ki and Kang Ha Neul) and soul stirring OST, the drama delivers everything a viewer can hope for! 

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/300-million-chinese-viewers-tuned-in-to-watch-scarley-hert/

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

In the Wangso-Haesoo makeup scene:

Haesoo applies goryeo bb cream to Wangso. After that the eyeliner.

Wangso: Wow! I am so pretty! :wub: Do you have eyeshadows? 

*So romantic* 

Everytime someone apply eyeshadow to a man I remember about Gil Tae Mi from Six Flying Dragons haha.. My fave character there. 

Hae Soo should produce and sold every make up in she can and make tons of money from it. She might be just a lower rank royal but filthy rich. Money is all the same in whatever era right?

• Like 7