[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

The truth is that I don't want my words to be true. I still hope that the one that Ha Jin will meet in the future to be So. But I will can't endure to see tomorrow another 50 minutes about WS/HS pain and only 10 min of remembrance in the future. It would be like after they broke my heart to pieces they would try to stick them back with super glue.

Another 50 minutes about WS/HS pain + 26 years of Wang So's pain as GJ + 1000 years of waiting

THEN

10 minutes of happiness if it even exist somewhere

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

Give the author some love, friends! See you tomorrow for the finale

i can't give her any love as of now, buy later i will...i will thank her for all my fav moments until ep 18..sure thing...right now i need space to grief  and be mad at someone..someone needs to pay me for all this heartache ...mainly the writer....:vicx:

6 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I still don't get that part too. I wanna be sad but I can't because I don't get the message why you have to kill yourself to make a point to your people. If I am one of his people, I would blame the king for making my princess die. So with her death, her people will finally accept that GJ is their king?

I am sorry but I still don't get that part. Maybe someone can explain this better?

some things don't  make sense you just have to ride with flow...

• Like 5

In some ways, it's pretty amazing that this drama is making me believe that So finding out that Soo did love him upon her death is a happy ending under the circumstances, considering the alternative (that he goes through 26 years with the snake by his side believing the love of his life never loved him)

But what about Soo? If So doesn't end up coming in time to see her before she dies, she's going to die believing that he believed she'd never loved him and he hated her.

The poor girl. What an amazing(ly tragic) life she's lived.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, millie10468 said:

But what about Soo? If So doesn't end up coming in time to see her before she dies, she's going to die believing that he believed she'd never loved him and he hated her.

The poor girl. What an amazing (read: tragic) life she's lived.

i couldn't care less about her  given the circumstances ....i hope that by tomorrow i can change my mind on all this ordeal...i just want for WS to not lose it completely...that would be devastating to see...him going hysterically out of control ...:tears::tears:

• Like 7

Guest ktiminie
20 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

I just realized that this series is about the breakdown of a relationship. In all other K-dramas with a couple, the series is how the couple comes together, overcome obstacles, and have a happy ending. The happy ending here is that So and Soo break up because they have drifted from each other and they are no longer compatible with one other. It doesn't matter if it's because she turned selfish (which I still say she's entitled to since her self-preservation has kicked in), or he turned into a tyrant, or it's kill or be killed in Goryeo, they've drifted. Relationships are hard work in the 21st century alone but relationships in the 10th century? That's hard work on a different level since betrayal and death is a legitimate threat. They no longer have the same life goals and values and are now fundamentally incompatible. Neither one is the bad guy but circumstances have made them prioritize different values and now they're seeing how the other person prioritizes and they don't like what they see.

THAT... exactly! And this is why SHR is such a tragic but beautiful love story...

(sorry to cut your post)

:phew: That said I'm sure tomorrow episode will be brighter, this is K-Drama land after all ;)

13 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

I've yet to watch 19 because I am a coward (!!!) and I will probably sob buckets but..I will be live recapping tomorrow's finale, come hell, high water and the inevitable tears.

Here is a story that made me cry and also hope..BECAUSE IF THIS IS NOT HOW IT REALLY HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE THEN THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8374036

Can't do this right now. I am still in my angry, depressed, heartbroken, crazy, and hate everything phase. Maybe later.

There is no love in this world, only pain :tears:

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

I've yet to watch 19 because I am a coward (!!!) and I will probably sob buckets but..I will be live recapping tomorrow's finale, come hell, high water and the inevitable tears.

Here is a story that made me cry and also hope..BECAUSE IF THIS IS NOT HOW IT REALLY HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE THEN THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8374036

no worries my dear friend. you are not the only coward. I dont want to as well.

I have been seeing all over the internet (not this thread) that many people are just angry at WS for being so cruel to HS. But oh my gosh, people! it was HS first that threw WS away. THe moment CR got punished and die, she wanted to leave the palace and leave WS.

I know HS is very kind hearted thats why she begged for WW's life. But it was such a betrayal, I mean? Till the very end WW was just as manipulative as his sister. True i admit that YH is really horrible.. The moment WS turns 'animal' she leaves. Urgh, i cant stand HS (sorry to anyone that is a fan of HS) 

it sounds a little wrong, but i want WS to just man up and really just move forward. I know his heart is still with HS. but i dont want her not being around to hinder him from accomplishing great things.

And i want YH to just be miserable for the rest of her life. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

In some ways, it's pretty amazing that this drama is making me believe that So finding out that Soo did love him upon her death is a happy ending under the circumstances, considering the alternative (that he goes through 26 years with the snake by his side believing the love of his life never loved him)

The poor girl. What an amazing(ly tragic) life she's lived.

And then she wakes up in 21st century and finds out he had 5 children with YH, I'm guessing that'll break her heart even more and convince her that he did hate her. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

I think you have a very different definition of love than Hae Su. She does truly love Wang So, but she is not willing to stand aside and allow herself to be consumed by the way of his life. She is not willing to stay by his side, consequences be damned. I don't see that as a stupid character, I see that as a woman keen on survival. I keep seeing comments about how sad it is that HS is leaving WS because she doesn’t love him or understand him. I think she’s leaving him because she DOES love him and she knows him all too well. Here’s what I see:

Hide contents

1. Hae Su should have understood Wang So because she has been with him the most. Her understanding should have allowed her to continue to be in love with him. 

ANS: From your quote: "When a person loves someone, aren't you suppose to accept the good with the bad?" Maybe. This is an ambiguous question and more of an aphorism than logic. How much bad are you suppose to accept? How much bad can you bear before it drives you insane? That is a question every relationship test must pass. Is there more good than bad? Is the bad worth the good. Only our heroine can decide what her limit is in a relationship, we don’t get to decide that limit. For me, it is enough that Hae Su knows her limitation and is bailing for her sanity.  

2. Hae Su never takes Wang So's side. 

ANS: Hae Su has taken his side plenty of times. She proclaimed him king. She covered his scar so that he would be successful at the rain ritual. She subsumed her identity in order to be with him. She lied to herself that she could be with a man who was in a polygamous relationship with another woman (YH) who’s hell bent on destroying her. THIS MESSAGING IS WHAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT. You cannot change yourself for a man, you will only be ruined in the process. Hae Su tries to fit into the palace, but her very essence does not belong there because she does not hunger for power. She is not interested in gaining a position so she will always be vulnerable. Has Wang So been able to protect her? He’s kept her alive, but there’s not much else for her to live for other than seeing him. And that’s simply not enough to sustain a person. 

Just because Wang So loves her and will not let her go does not mean that his love is inherently GOOD. This is the difference I’m parsing out for you. We can see that WS’s love is actually obsessive (as LJK has said in interviews past) and suffocating. Once she entered the palace as his woman, there was no hope of them ever being equal ever again. He cuts her off from every line of information and communication, “to save her” but also to restrict her freedom, which is the one thing she has told him she absolutely cannot live without. He ignores this because he’s desperate to have her forever. Is this desperation love? I think it's the only kind of love WS is capable of because he's so messed up from Mama Yoo. But yes, he feels like it's love. But Hae Su feels it as suffocation. 

3. Hae Su is a hypocrite for forgiving CR and not forgiving WS

There’s no line where Hae Su says CR is forgiven for her crimes. That Hae Su feels sorry for CR is part of her personality. She is an empathetic person able to see CR’s plight. She was able to do it for So in the past: when he killed those monks, when he had to kill Eun, when almost everyone in Goryeo tells her that he’s a terrible person, she tells WS that she KNOWS he’s a good person. This is the problem though, because what HS considers to be a good person is absolutely not what WS considers to be a good person. 

This is an excellent read from overthinking kdrama:

Soo has become a shadow and a type of every influential, wise, gorgeously flawed woman she’s been forced to watch go before her. She is Myung Hee, trapped in a failing body unable to offer anything but comfort to the man she loves as his heart gets further away from her. She is Court Lady Oh, calling her former lover Your Majesty, serving him as she gets mocked and bullied by his other woman. She is Soon Deok and Chae Ryung too. She is every one of them, dying for the men they love. She too is being crushed beneath the ever turning wheel of this monstrous patriarchy. To keep from being devoured, all she can do is flee the palace.

And don’t try to argue to me that Soo is changing first, that So is staying steadfast while she is giving in. So threw Soo away when he picked the throne, it’s just taken her until the end of episode 18 to realize it…and he still hasn’t realized it. At least he won’t admit it to himself. Like his father before him, he doesn’t realize that love has been lost until it has been lost utterly.

Beautifully said. And this is why I will always be team Hae Soo.

(And also Wang So. And Baek Ah. Especially Baek Ah my baby.)

• Like 7

7 hours ago, porcupinerobot said:

1. I'm so mad at the writer's shortcomings in this drama. 

2. Can't Hae Soo at least say once " I love you " to GJ?? 

1. I'm so mad at the writer's shortcomings in this drama.  Me, too. But I would also place the    blame on the director and whoever edited the scene sequences. I'm also annoyed at the  background song/music choices they repeatedly choose. Most glaring was during the scene  WS confronted HS about Wook. And also WS mom's death scene.

2. Can't Hae Soo at least say once " I love you " It's better she did not utter the words. Saying  those three words, then acting the opposite would make those viewers hate her even more.

I'm making my own list of complaints:

3. WHY is Won scot free? Wook and Jung's already in house arrest. Can't imagine him  suddenly growing a conscience and willingly drink poison as payment for Chae Ryung's  death. If he did he would be so out of character. I sure hope the last episode won't waste ten  minutes of precious screen time just to show him drink poison. He is so not worth it.

4. Why did Woohee have to sacrifice her life? Couldn't she be just exiled? That way B could  still visit her. If Won remained unpunished why couldn't she be exempted? They already killed  Eun and SD. I was hoping they would be spared. Now another couple down the drain.

5. What is Jimong's purpose in this story? Really, does he have a purpose? 

6. Scenes I could do without:

A) Hug scene WW/HS. I could do without that gesture. I know it's goodbye, but I would rather  see the scene where Woohee, for her people's sake, made a deal with the king. 

B) Far too many scenes of WS as the king either sitting mostly alone in the gloomy and stifling courtroom, or holding court with a couple of official ministers, who I don't even care about. Couldn't the director shoot a scene of him with B or HS or Jimong going out so he could see how the people of Goreo are faring. Or have him walk the vast palace courtyards, let us have a view of his supposed kingdom. I didn't mind the scene where Baek Ha officially left him. But the scene in which someone was doing his portrait, it could be done outside in the garden, right? And in the scene where Woohee jumped, it would have more impact, if Wang So was from afar and witnessed it.

Even King Taejo was not always shown in the court room. He was shown in Damiwon, having  his  hair combed by Lady Oh. In a different room with the princes. He took the carriage to visit  WS,  though he did not show himself. He went to the temple to pray, too. 

The storyline right now is depressing enough I wish the background visuals should provide  some kind of distraction. I guess I really hate the throne right now that I don't even wish to  see it repeatedly. 

C) Damiwon kiss between WH and B. I mean after so many people died in that place, I  believed it is cursed. Couldn't the director chose somewhere else? 

D) Yeon Hwa bathing pool scene. It's an irritating reminder of WS mom. I would rather see WS  in the pool, brooding about his crumbling relationship or helplessness as king. Or is that  particular pool simply for power hungry female use?

• Like 11

4 hours ago, yuhotarubi said:

Question: can't actors discuss their characters with the writer ? To ask why it does this or that or what is the motivation, the deep feelings, and that sort of stuff ? I know the director guides his actors through scenes and tell them how it should look or how it should go, but it's the writer who's most important. Do actors just take the script and act it out on their own interpretation? Are they not allowed to ask WHY ? Or that only applies to certain actors of certain calibers

Which character in particular? As far as I know, even if we hate some of the characters, they are all well portrayed. Even Hae So who has been delusional since the death of lady Oh. She hasn't felt remorse for the killings that she indirectly caused and her being aware that it was all masterminded by Wook yet she dared to plead for his life before the King. On top of that Wook was her lover and Wang So was well aware of that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ktiminie said:

THAT... exactly! And this is why SHR is such a tragic but beautiful love story...

(sorry to cut your post)

:phew: That said I'm sure tomorrow episode will be brighter, this is K-Drama land after all ;)

Oh my god, if episode 20 wraps a neat bow on all of their issues with some deus ex machina bull I will be legitimately upset.  I do want a happy ending but I want proper storytelling too!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I have not considered the situation where ending will be different from real history because this is time travel and history has to coincide with what we know.. the drama seems to explore only the how..

As it is, there are many things in this drama that is not coinciding with history already. Some other friends have kindly provided more historical background on Goryeo many pages back. One example is that the Hae clan is non-existent. Another is that WS and WW are very close and have good relationship. (Correct me if I'm wrong, those who know the historical facts well)

2 hours ago, Artheusa said:

Edit: Anyone discussed the meaning of the round drawings (or prints?) between them in this scene? One looks like a setting sun (ending of their relationship), the other a butterfly (short-lived love) maybe.

Those drawings stood out like an eye-sore for me in otherwise beautiful background. But yeah, it made me think there's more about their significance too. They can't happen to be just there, can they?

@pwnkl I just want to comment on your final rant post. Difficult to quote your post. I think there's something lost in the English translation when HS said she believe CR was honest with her and nothing WS say will change that. I believe a better word instead of "honest" is "sincere", at least that's what it is translated in Chinese. HS believes that CR was sincere towards her. HS knows she lied to her, but she feels that her heart/care towards her is sincere.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

no worries my dear friend. you are not the only coward. I dont want to as well.

I have been seeing all over the internet (not this thread) that many people are just angry at WS for being so cruel to HS. But oh my gosh, people! it was HS first that threw WS away. THe moment CR got punished and die, she wanted to leave the palace and leave WS.

I know HS is very kind hearted thats why she begged for WW's life. But it was such a betrayal, I mean? Till the very end WW was just as manipulative as his sister. True i admit that YH is really horrible.. The moment WS turns 'animal' she leaves. Urgh, i cant stand HS (sorry to anyone that is a fan of HS) 

it sounds a little wrong, but i want WS to just man up and really just move forward. I know his heart is still with HS. but i dont want her not being around to hinder him from accomplishing great things.

And i want YH to just be miserable for the rest of her life. 

Yes Wang So, you are not the first person in this world that have to endure bad relationship and broken heart. Been there done that.

Just live your live, become a great king and take care of your people. Then find new love. Just be happy.

I am insane :tears:

• Like 21