[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

It was a sad one...but we knew it was coming

WS letting HS go...resenting for her past with Wook or just accepting that she wants to go...after she told him she wants to go with Jung ...when someone does not want to be with you there's nothing you can do...even if you r a king...sad fact is that he is left alone just like he was at the beginning of this story...sad story of his life

HS...don't think she left coz she is warried what WS will do if she dies ...she really was fed up with all that happend...it is not strange knowing she is different and came from the future...but not fair enough at the same time...she knew all yet got mixed up first with Wook then WS and now Jung???...luckily there r no more willing princes...ok Wook was nice to her and she fell...but court lady warned her on time not to mix with WS if she's not ready to really be with him...he was honest with her from the start...she knew where all this is going...and now she is sorry she put up a make up on  face of a man who was hurt so much and for all the rest...yeah its better to leave then stay till the end...it's not enough to say i love you...real love is to stick to a man in difficult times as well

YH...will be the only one who got all she wanted...well all except WS love, but to be honest that was something she knew she can't get from the start....that scene with her at the pool and my son will be the king thing reminded me of WS late evil mother...well her son is the king...if we twist things a bit in a way she as well got what she wanted...as for YH wish she'll have to fight hard from now on as well coz i supose once WS sleeps with her he will start to sleep with other women 

Can't wait for that traitorous weasel time to come...plotting against king's...brothers..turned his back on CR...on Wook...and still safe? Disgusting...

Don't won't to even imagine whats coming tomm...willl wait and let them surprise me

Whatever happens...will be for ever sorry they didn't make more eps and showed us HS's love  growing twds WS and much  more of their love scenes...there was too many of hers with Wook way to much time lost on that if you ask  me

• Like 7

Related imageRelated imageRelated imageRelated imagescarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-15-vostfr.jpg

When I look back and really think about each character so many love stories and not one left as a happy couple or a happy ending.  That is except for one person YH which is so ironic & pathetic  as she gets her power and  becomes queen and WS who in the end would come to her as she always hoped.  Which was harder to bare than them getting married. WS gave his word that if she threw away her family than he would give her a child.  I would love to believe like some others that it didn't happen.  Anyone but her and I really do mean anyone!!!   But  when he walked into YH's room  he asked her are you sure  and  she replied I am then it was a done deal.  Except she didn't realize just because you try to make one doesn't mean you get one!  Heaven just might have you wait a while. Payback is rough!   She would no longer consider her brother & mother as family!  Just goes to show how low she could go and to think WW gave up so much in order to protect her what a waste.  Although I don't really care about an heir all I know is they could have left that part out and I wouldn't have minded or missed it.  She may very well have him now or If I am wrong than later  but she will never own his heart or be the Queen of it.  I have said it before no matter what your words say, your heart cannot deny what is real...

WH this to me was heart breaking they were my hope that at least one couple other than WS & HS would make it and what a sweet couple they were.  I think this is what hurt me the most.  WH throwing her precious young life away.  Finally finding someone to really  love  who loves her only to have it taken from her by her own choice for she loved her people and a prince she would protect to the end...

I think HS's world as she knew it, had fallen down all around her and I even think YH tore her soul out  while telling her of all her faults HS believed every word and was crushed because  she believed she had indeed caused it.     When you hear that, time & time again that your not good enough, you can do nothing for WS except bring more harm to him. After years of waiting for him and in the end still having to protect him by allowing another woman to be his queen.  I wonder can one even understand that type of suffering.  Most everyone she loved day by day was disappearing from her life.  Even her leaving my have seemed like a selfish choice but I ask you to think about our journey with this character.  Yes, she is a modern woman but not in a modern world. Where she was use to choice & freedom here she was faced with not only the opposite but where her life held little value or the life of others that she loved. When others keep dying she continues to live and witness and struggle she just can't bare another thing until I think she is at point where even dying would be better than living...

I think the good-bye scene with her and WW was about her being thankful that he had helped to set her free.   It had nothing to do with her still having feelings for him other than like a brother. One might wonder why the smile and sweet nature towards WW. I believe  when faced with coming death knowing there is no escaping what she cannot change her heart was getting worse with every passing day not unusual for her that she prepares herself.  Forgiveness is a part of that process wanting to forgive WW and thank him as well but we know he owed her one that's for sure.  It was that farewell and forgiveness a last embrace maybe to put his heart at ease you know her always thinking of others but more about putting hers at peace...

I'm hoping tomorrow may change my mind but right this moment I would say what my heart is feeling and my mind is thinking WHY?  When you could have made this Korean version so much better.  When the start seemed different in some ways and you allowed us to hope!!  When you had the chance & choice to make it different why not follow your own path & ideas spread a little happiness at least allow one couple to survive.  I understand the realness of life but why leave so much darkness with so little light of hope...  I must also admit I loved this drama and differences you did make although I was hoping  and still am that the ending will be the icing on the cake the best and at least make us believe one couple did make it after all...

I am willing to face the ending head on and it won't really matter what I think it won't change the ending.  These things are out of our hands but I do think about us viewers and what's the difference between a good drama & a great one.  Maybe as selfish as it sounds meeting our expectations and inspiring us as well.  This drama had a lot of that there is no denying it yet a part of me thinks the writers had something amazing within their grasp and it feels as if like sand they allowed it to slip right through their fingers.  Oh how I hope they make me wrong and give me a surprise tomorrow I won't ever forget...

@kdramawriter totally agree with you... in fact this relationship shows us exactly why a woman must not sacrifice her entire principles for love. If she does that, that love will consume her leaving her desperate for a way out. 

Its like the movie the way we were. The heroine does everything do accommodate the hero s beliefs. But at the end they had to split up only to meet agains with their respective partners. The sentence she tells the hero says it all---Your girl is lovely, Hubbell.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, blue003 said:

@kdramawriter totally agree with you... in fact this relationship shows us exactly why a woman must not sacrifice her entire principles for love. If she does that, that love will consume her leaving her desperate for a way out. 

Its like the movie the way we were. The heroine does everything do accommodate the hero s beliefs. But at the end they had to split up only to meet agains with their respective partners. The sentence she tells the hero says it all---Your girl is lovely, Hubbell.

Man I LOVE The Way We Were. That was such a grand romantic movie too. I love that Barbara returns to her protestin' curly hair ways at the end. It's so satisfying when she walks away from Hubbell. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, pass3rby said:

EVeryoe left. He's all alone, with a woman he doesn't love. I can't imagine how would his life be after this? The throne is a lonely seat, indeed. I can feel his loneliness. Back to square one. Alone, in despair, no love, no family, no friends. My tears are for WangSo. 

I feel irritated that HS made such a light promise about not leaving him. But when the moment got tough, her first thought was to leave him. 

I understand if the palace is a stuffy place yes. But i were WS. I would feel utterly betray. WS was right, he did not throw HS away first, she did 

it it is amazing on a side note, I went to sleep and the thread jumped 20+ pages. :dizzy:

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, blue003 said:

By the way what happens to Wang jung in history?

he becomes an important general or So right hand man... like a  second in command next to the king ...which i find so funny by now..vice king and he  also changes his name ...i forgot what the name though...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

I think you have a very different definition of love than Hae Su. She does truly love Wang So, but she is not willing to stand aside and allow herself to be consumed by the way of his life. She is not willing to stay by his side, consequences be damned. I don't see that as a stupid character, I see that as a woman keen on survival. I keep seeing comments about how sad it is that HS is leaving WS because she doesn’t love him or understand him. I think she’s leaving him because she DOES love him and she knows him all too well. Here’s what I see:

1. Hae Su should have understood Wang So because she has been with him the most. Her understanding should have allowed her to continue to be in love with him. 

ANS: From your quote: "When a person loves someone, aren't you suppose to accept the good with the bad?" Maybe. This is an ambiguous question and more of an aphorism than logic. How much bad are you suppose to accept? How much bad can you bear before it drives you insane? That is a question every relationship test must pass. Is there more good than bad? Is the bad worth the good. Only our heroine can decide what her limit is in a relationship, we don’t get to decide that limit. For me, it is enough that Hae Su knows her limitation and is bailing for her sanity.  

2. Hae Su never takes Wang So's side. 

ANS: Hae Su has taken his side plenty of times. She proclaimed him king. She covered his scar so that he would be successful at the rain ritual. She subsumed her identity in order to be with him. She lied to herself that she could be with a man who was in a polygamous relationship with another woman (YH) who’s hell bent on destroying her. THIS MESSAGING IS WHAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT. You cannot change yourself for a man, you will only be ruined in the process. Hae Su tries to fit into the palace, but her very essence does not belong there because she does not hunger for power. She is not interested in gaining a position so she will always be vulnerable. Has Wang So been able to protect her? He’s kept her alive, but there’s not much else for her to live for other than seeing him. And that’s simply not enough to sustain a person. 

Just because Wang So loves her and will not let her go does not mean that his love is inherently GOOD. This is the difference I’m parsing out for you. We can see that WS’s love is actually obsessive (as LJK has said in interviews past) and suffocating. Once she entered the palace as his woman, there was no hope of them ever being equal ever again. He cuts her off from every line of information and communication, “to save her” but also to restrict her freedom, which is the one thing she has told him she absolutely cannot live without. He ignores this because he’s desperate to have her forever. Is this desperation love? I think it's the only kind of love WS is capable of because he's so messed up from Mama Yoo. But yes, he feels like it's love. But Hae Su feels it as suffocation. 

3. Hae Su is a hypocrite for forgiving CR and not forgiving WS

There’s no line where Hae Su says CR is forgiven for her crimes. That Hae Su feels sorry for CR is part of her personality. She is an empathetic person able to see CR’s plight. She was able to do it for So in the past: when he killed those monks, when he had to kill Eun, when almost everyone in Goryeo tells her that he’s a terrible person, she tells WS that she KNOWS he’s a good person. This is the problem though, because what HS considers to be a good person is absolutely not what WS considers to be a good person. 

This is an excellent read from overthinking kdrama:

Soo has become a shadow and a type of every influential, wise, gorgeously flawed woman she’s been forced to watch go before her. She is Myung Hee, trapped in a failing body unable to offer anything but comfort to the man she loves as his heart gets further away from her. She is Court Lady Oh, calling her former lover Your Majesty, serving him as she gets mocked and bullied by his other woman. She is Soon Deok and Chae Ryung too. She is every one of them, dying for the men they love. She too is being crushed beneath the ever turning wheel of this monstrous patriarchy. To keep from being devoured, all she can do is flee the palace.

And don’t try to argue to me that Soo is changing first, that So is staying steadfast while she is giving in. So threw Soo away when he picked the throne, it’s just taken her until the end of episode 18 to realize it…and he still hasn’t realized it. At least he won’t admit it to himself. Like his father before him, he doesn’t realize that love has been lost until it has been lost utterly. 

I loved your anaylsis and support it fully!

thank you for such a detailed write up! My heart only goes out to WS. Everyone else can disappear for all I care. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, bratita said:

Hello..

Just wondering, been looking for anything about it but couldn't find any....

How did Hae Soo know that it was the king/WS who killed the bird? that it was WS who created the plot to frame WW?

Thanks vmuch.

After watching episode 19, everyone has her own coping mechanism to go through the finale.  Mine is going back to BBJX recap's site (Ep. 22) after reading your question. Can we say that it is a deduction or inference or lucky guess? (I wish they showed us her thought at that moment like in the previous episode.)

• Like 4

Just now, Kasmic said:

Ratings

SHR - 9%

MAN WHO LIVES IN OUR HOUSE - 7.4%

WOMAN WITH A SUITCASE - 7.1%

One happy news... at least!!! even if it dropped since last week

Just now, briseis said:

The Day When Dreaming Ends

I always love your post.. you usually speak my mind (and better than i can do it) 

• Like 5

Four hours of sleep and now I'm up... Well, I do have to get some things ready so getting up early is good. But we all know here because we're losing sleep over MLSHR, hahahaaa...

One thing was bugging me before I went to zzz-land. That is WH's death. I don't understand why she had to sacrifice her life just to make a point. Or just to get her people accept KGJ's rule. Wouldn't dying because of a certain king's reign means that your people will be more angry and want to revolt? Even WS was startled that her dying was the solution in order to save BS.  I don't understand... She obviously didn't get the death song as BGM, at least not in the international editing. Anyhow, her death didn't have any impact on me just because her character and relationship with BA are not well-developed enough. Her entrance was unimpressive, her exit was quick too. It is cruel that she had to do that in front of BA. I really hated that she did it that way.

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I dout that..

YH remains his queen till the very end.. and there is no reason for wook to tell WS abt all of that..

I think YH wanted WW to tell WS abt HS in a manner that he lets go of HS ( which is why WW tells HS that he did not confess out of goof will)..

And WW does love and respect HS... so he would never discuss any of these special memories in front of anyone or give anyone a chance to demean HS. But he has to tell WS because WS needs to be hurt..

Its sad.. for all of them...

I am just waiting to see how 9th is punished.. because that alone is left to happen..

Well, going against YH does not necessarily mean divorcing her. Eg. WS could back out of the giving her an heir deal because of her evil deeds, until of course several years later, which we will never know later happen or not (in drama's perspective, not real history) coz we'll reach the end of drama already.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, enigmaticangel said:

I think i am the only one optimistic here..i think they wrap the Goryeo parts in the first 30 minutes the next 3o mins will b n 21st century..

I am not sure now because there is still her suffering and missing So to get through, then there are unanswered questions about Won and YH past actions, and then Jimong is flip flopping about over HS leaving. He tells her to let him go and tells him to keep her with him ???  Will he tell So where HS is from is the big question?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, thenagain said:

this writer tho....

meticulously and steadily builds a subtle nuanced romance based on mutual respect, understanding, and love over 16 episodes only to crash all that hard work into the ground and with three sloppy rushed  episodes where every promise/progress we've seen them make is forgotten.

I mean did the writer seriously just send HS back to the same "I made So a monster" richard simmons nonsense that I thought we scrapped ages ago?!?!?  This is crap!! I actually don't mind a tragic ending if it's done right but the way this is all happening just doesn't jive at all with the first 2/3 of the drama. Maybe it because the writer is trying to condense a much longer drama story into 20 episodes? IDk but I'm kinda disappointed. The beginning and the end just feel so different. 

We aren't given enough time now to really understand the characters changing feelings as we did in the beginning. The moment we started to have multiple time jumps in one episode everything just started to feel disjointed, rushed, and incomplete. 

To me it feels like the writer is trying to fit a round peg in a square hole because the characters were different from the C-version and now she is trying to fit it into the C-version ending which kind of leaves our characters at a loss as to how their love could deteriorate so quickly.

• Like 15

Here's my problem with everything, I read everyone's posts and there are ones defending HS and others bashing her, and whenever I finish one I say it makes sense, all of them make sense, but here's the thing, it is all still speculations , especially on HS's part, I want to believe that what she did in this episode is okay, that's it's okay to want to keep her good memories of Soo, that she doesn't want to see him become bad, she trusts him, she understands him, she doesn't want to lose herself, she doesn't want to become like CR, and many many other things about her that I do admit are part of her character, but when I see it play onscreen, I'm just like WHY ? WHY did you do that ? What happened to all the promises ? So I guess the problem is with the execution, the writer made a big huge gigantic mistake by leaving everything for speculation and analyzing, how do we know which side is true ? How do we know that HS truly is doing what she's doing because of this reason or that ?  The writer didn't provide a thing to help us lean toward one speculation or the other, she didn't help us understand her, which is completely contrary to WS, we can always find a reason for his actions, and it's what ultimately makes us sympathize with him and dislike HS for hurting him. It's this lack of balance that's making us disappointed with everything at the moment, and I really I really really hope we'll get our answers tomorrow, if not then I don't care what happens to HS later, I just want her to go back to the 21st century and be done with this.

• Like 20