[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

She killed herself because her connection to Baek Ah leaves him vulnerable to attacks from the powerful families. WS doesn't have enough power to protect Baek Ah. So one option would be for him to go to battle and survive. But her people would suffer. Because to suppress the traitor allegations they either need to be super harsh to her people or she needs to be gone from Baek Ah's side. So she cuts a deal with WS, give freedom to my people, I will save Baek Ah. Just stopping the mob isn't enough to save Baek Ah, she needs to be gone from his side. If WS had enough power she could just give a speech and calm her people down. But the powerful families would just raise suspicions that Baek Ah is a spy. It doesn't matter what WS thinks, it's whether he could stop their machinations. So instead she needs to kill herself (I mean, I think it would've been better if her speech were longer than a few characters, a bit ambiguous, but that's more the director's choice). By sacrificing herself she can save both her people and the man she loves.  

Oh, okay. Thank you for your explanation :)

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

1. I'm so mad at the writer's shortcomings in this drama.  Me, too. But I would also place the    blame on the director and whoever edited the scene sequences. I'm also annoyed at the  background song/music choices they repeatedly choose. Most glaring was during the scene  WS confronted HS about Wook. And also WS mom's death scene.

2. Can't Hae Soo at least say once " I love you " It's better she did not utter the words. Saying  those three words, then acting the opposite would make those viewers hate her even more.

I'm making my own list of complaints:

3. WHY is Won scot free? Wook and Jung's already in house arrest. Can't imagine him  suddenly growing a conscience and willingly drink poison as payment for Chae Ryung's  death. If he did he would be so out of character. I sure hope the last episode won't waste ten  minutes of precious screen time just to show him drink poison. He is so not worth it.

4. Why did Woohee have to sacrifice her life? Couldn't she be just exiled? That way B could  still visit her. If Won remained unpunished why couldn't she be exempted? They already killed  Eun and SD. I was hoping they would be spared. Now another couple down the drain.

5. What is Jimong's purpose in this story? Really, does he have a purpose? 

6. Scenes I could do without:

A) Hug scene WW/HS. I could do without that gesture. I know it's goodbye, but I would rather  see the scene where Woohee, for her people's sake, made a deal with the king. 

B) Far too many scenes of WS as the king either sitting mostly alone in the gloomy and stifling courtroom, or holding court with a couple of official ministers, who I don't even care about. Couldn't the director shoot a scene of him with B or HS or Jimong going out so he could see how the people of Goreo are faring. Or have him walk the vast palace courtyards, let us have a view of his supposed kingdom. I didn't mind the scene where Baek Ha officially left him. But the scene in which someone was doing his portrait, it could be done outside in the garden, right? And in the scene where Woohee jumped, it would have more impact, if Wang So was from afar and witnessed it.

Even King Taejo was not always shown in the court room. He was shown in Damiwon, having  his  hair combed by Lady Oh. In a different room with the princes. He took the carriage to visit  WS,  though he did not show himself. He went to the temple to pray, too. 

The storyline right now is depressing enough I wish the background visuals should provide  some kind of distraction. I guess I really hate the throne right now that I don't even wish to  see it repeatedly. 

C) Damiwon kiss between WH and B. I mean after so many people died in that place, I  believed it is cursed. Couldn't the director chose somewhere else? 

D) Yeon Hwa bathing pool scene. It's an irritating reminder of WS mom. I would rather see WS  in the pool, brooding about his crumbling relationship or helplessness as king. Or is that  particular pool simply for power hungry female use?

Can someone help me, what exactly happen to WH? Did WS threaten her? Is that why BA blames WS for her death?

Why did she choose to take her own life? And yes why wasnt she just exiled? Although WH dying does follow in line with what happen in the c-version. the love of 13th lfie also took her own life because she was threaten of some sort. (those who know the drama more please clarify) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

I think you have a very different definition of love than Hae Su. She does truly love Wang So, but she is not willing to stand aside and allow herself to be consumed by the way of his life. She is not willing to stay by his side, consequences be damned. I don't see that as a stupid character, I see that as a woman keen on survival. I keep seeing comments about how sad it is that HS is leaving WS because she doesn’t love him or understand him. I think she’s leaving him because she DOES love him and she knows him all too well. Here’s what I see:

1. Hae Su should have understood Wang So because she has been with him the most. Her understanding should have allowed her to continue to be in love with him. 

ANS: From your quote: "When a person loves someone, aren't you suppose to accept the good with the bad?" Maybe. This is an ambiguous question and more of an aphorism than logic. How much bad are you suppose to accept? How much bad can you bear before it drives you insane? That is a question every relationship test must pass. Is there more good than bad? Is the bad worth the good. Only our heroine can decide what her limit is in a relationship, we don’t get to decide that limit. For me, it is enough that Hae Su knows her limitation and is bailing for her sanity.  

2. Hae Su never takes Wang So's side. 

ANS: Hae Su has taken his side plenty of times. She proclaimed him king. She covered his scar so that he would be successful at the rain ritual. She subsumed her identity in order to be with him. She lied to herself that she could be with a man who was in a polygamous relationship with another woman (YH) who’s hell bent on destroying her. THIS MESSAGING IS WHAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT. You cannot change yourself for a man, you will only be ruined in the process. Hae Su tries to fit into the palace, but her very essence does not belong there because she does not hunger for power. She is not interested in gaining a position so she will always be vulnerable. Has Wang So been able to protect her? He’s kept her alive, but there’s not much else for her to live for other than seeing him. And that’s simply not enough to sustain a person. 

Just because Wang So loves her and will not let her go does not mean that his love is inherently GOOD. This is the difference I’m parsing out for you. We can see that WS’s love is actually obsessive (as LJK has said in interviews past) and suffocating. Once she entered the palace as his woman, there was no hope of them ever being equal ever again. He cuts her off from every line of information and communication, “to save her” but also to restrict her freedom, which is the one thing she has told him she absolutely cannot live without. He ignores this because he’s desperate to have her forever. Is this desperation love? I think it's the only kind of love WS is capable of because he's so messed up from Mama Yoo. But yes, he feels like it's love. But Hae Su feels it as suffocation. 

3. Hae Su is a hypocrite for forgiving CR and not forgiving WS

There’s no line where Hae Su says CR is forgiven for her crimes. That Hae Su feels sorry for CR is part of her personality. She is an empathetic person able to see CR’s plight. She was able to do it for So in the past: when he killed those monks, when he had to kill Eun, when almost everyone in Goryeo tells her that he’s a terrible person, she tells WS that she KNOWS he’s a good person. This is the problem though, because what HS considers to be a good person is absolutely not what WS considers to be a good person. 

This is an excellent read from overthinking kdrama:

Soo has become a shadow and a type of every influential, wise, gorgeously flawed woman she’s been forced to watch go before her. She is Myung Hee, trapped in a failing body unable to offer anything but comfort to the man she loves as his heart gets further away from her. She is Court Lady Oh, calling her former lover Your Majesty, serving him as she gets mocked and bullied by his other woman. She is Soon Deok and Chae Ryung too. She is every one of them, dying for the men they love. She too is being crushed beneath the ever turning wheel of this monstrous patriarchy. To keep from being devoured, all she can do is flee the palace.

And don’t try to argue to me that Soo is changing first, that So is staying steadfast while she is giving in. So threw Soo away when he picked the throne, it’s just taken her until the end of episode 18 to realize it…and he still hasn’t realized it. At least he won’t admit it to himself. Like his father before him, he doesn’t realize that love has been lost until it has been lost utterly. 

I love your analysis here. You pretty much put the mess in my mind into words so I think I can finally be at peace as I know where I stand in this HS Vs WS quarrel.

In any relationship it is expected that both partners support eachother equally and when I thought about what WS and HS each contribute and receive in their love, I started getting a little confused. 

To me HS gives WS the understanding, comfort and support that no one else does and can and WS gives HS the protection and importance that no one else does or can. I thought to myself is that it? I mean I know this is just a summed up version of everything but I found myself questioning myself about whether this is equal or not. @kdramawriter I think analysis really clears up the delimma I was having and helps me understand them a lot better.

Does anyone have a different take on what HS and WS contribute and receive in their love?

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

SHOOOOOOOOOT!!

Dammit, it's going the way of C-BBJX!!

Damn it all!!!

CURSES!!

OMG the TEARS!! That cry when Wang So has the letter. I DIE. 

Goddamn, LJK you are gonna break me. Because that cry was so primal and guttural. All the Daeksang awards for you. 

**also, who's looking to cry during the unsubbed livestream?!!

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

She killed herself because her connection to Baek Ah leaves him vulnerable to attacks from the powerful families. WS doesn't have enough power to protect Baek Ah. So one option would be for him to go to battle and survive. But her people would suffer. Because to suppress the traitor allegations they either need to be super harsh to her people or she needs to be gone from Baek Ah's side. So she cuts a deal with WS, give freedom to my people, I will save Baek Ah. Just stopping the mob isn't enough to save Baek Ah, she needs to be gone from his side. If WS had enough power she could just give a speech and calm her people down. But the powerful families would just raise suspicions that Baek Ah is a spy. It doesn't matter what WS thinks, it's whether he could stop their machinations. So instead she needs to kill herself (I mean, I think it would've been better if her speech were longer than a few characters, a bit ambiguous, but that's more the director's choice). By sacrificing herself she can save both her people and the man she loves.  

Thank you for explaining. I'm beginning to understand her sacrifice. It's really too bad it wasn't clear enough from the drama. Not to me at least, lol....

Meanwhile, inside my mind --- *notwatchingthepreview--notwatchingthepreview--notwatchingthepreview!!" Thanks for posting though @briseis

Edit: Okay, leaving this forum till after ep.20 is watched, coz discussion of preview is starting to flood in, haha... till later y'all!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, briseis said:

Episode 20 preview

OMG WHAT THE EFF DID I JUST WATCH?!?!??!? IM LITERALLY SHAKING FROM A PREVIEW?! 

I CAAAAAAAAAAANT :astonished::bawling:

ps: I can't seem to delete the video from my phone so my apologies in advance mods

• Like 11

My way of dealing with this brutal pain from last night episode

1. Get angry at everything after watching episode 19

2. Burst into tears for 20 minutes, soak my pillow 

3. Watch running man to ease the pain

4. Watch Ringa Linga over and over again until I fall a sleep

Now, I am ready for episode 20 (well, sort of :tears:)

• Like 15

22 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Yes Wang So, you are not the first person in this world that have to endure bad relationship and broken heart. Been there done that.

Just live your live, become a great king and take care of your people. Then find new love. Just be happy.

I am insane :tears:

no no ...i find you very reasonable ...

• Like 8