[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Right now what I've been concerned so far is how far YH will be punished for her crime for trying to poison WM, frame HS for it and eventually lead to Oh Sanggung death. We all know, WW will be prisoned for his past crime, and the BTS showing us that possibility of YH is a queen in today episode or maybe next week but how GJ will handle this situation once he knows about it. He can't let her go right?

Moreover, the desynchronization of international version and SBS version makes me think that the director tried to bring the end into a different direction. 

Or maybe it just me.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, antiherofans said:

They need to record LJG's self healing tape. So he can sooth us with his voice

I imagine something like this:

This is only a drama.

There is no need to get hurt

You are a strong, confident viewer

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive everyone in the drama

Forgive yourself

Everything will be alright

OMG, I start to l0se my mind :sweatingbullets:

Excelllent idea!! I recently bought Learning Korea Vol 1 with Lee Jun Ki from  Yes Asia. Every time I hear his voice in the audio, I am melting. I play it over and over again. I may be losing my mind already :kiss::kiss:

• Like 9

would someone here who have better understanding about Korean history.

i have a question,

"Seongjong was born on 15 January 961, the second son of Daejong, and a grandson of King Taejo (the founder of the Goryeo Dynasty). He ascended the throne after his cousin and also his brother-in-law King Gyeongjong died in 981. After he ascended the throne, Seongjong was at first content not to interfere with the provincial lords, and to appease the Silla aristocracy. Seongjong married a woman of the Silla royal clan." (wikipedia)

Seonjong is the son of Wook or Wook #2 (aka Baek Ah)??????

• Like 3

Finished watching episode... So,Wook is now bat sh** crazy, Yeon Hwa has lost her senses, Jung continues to be a congenital idiot, Doctor who should be telling Soo vitamins she needs to take for her and So's cute babies is giving her a death sentence, OTP getting tossed up and down, Baek Ah and Woo Hee's OTP couple are also doomed - falling in love in Goryeo is just too painful. Tomorrow and next week, I'll just take sick leave to recover from extreme dehydration.

#Starts chanting @ktcjdrama's mantra...

tumblr_nebme5IeMD1tl1w72o4_400.gif

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Nindia Putri said:

Guys, do you know where i could watch SBS version with eng sub ? in International version they cut a lot tho :( Thank you..

If you want the English subs files for the SBS version, you can find them at darksmurfsub.com ... The first 16 episodes are done.  Ep. 17 may take 2-3 days to do, as only a couple of us are working on it, at the low-key DSS site.  You will need to find the raw videos from somewhere to watch with those srt files, as DSS is not a streaming video site (only DSS members who help make the subs can get videos there).

• Like 8

3 hours ago, outofspace said:

I think it's likely that since Moonlight & Moon Lovers have a similar demographic (younger viewers), a lot of viewers were probably watching Moon Lovers as well, but it's just that Moonlight was their viewing priority. However, now that Moonlight is over, they can watch Moon Lovers. ^^ 

I think they do follow the progress of Moon Lovers by online watching. There is less interaction between WS and HS in beginning of the episode. Therefore they shift to MLights.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

INTERNATIONAL VERSION

I just watched the international version with subs and I wasn't thinking it was bad until I saw that disaster of editing in the OTP cute moments. I have mixed feelings between feeling very mad and sad because that is the original version. The cast worked really hard only for their effort being wasted in the post production by a editing team that had no idea in what they were doing, no common sense. The drama is called Moon Lovers...yes LOVERS, but they sacrificed the OTP love in order to have time for: unnecesary scene of maids cleaning Hae Soo, Hae Soo talking something irrelevant with WoHee, Wang Wook having FLASHBACKS of WookSoo couple? YES! FLASHBACKS! :dizzy: 

I hope those amateurs will never work again as editors in a drama. :angry: LJG said that KKT was working hard with the editing team in the second half of the drama (original/international version). Well, seems that KKT also has NO COMMON SENSE because he gave the OK to that editing.  

---------------------------

SBS VERSION

On a happier comment... I am glad that we were able to watch the extended cute moments. :blush: The moment I loved the most was Hae Soo telling a story for Wang So to sleep. They were so adorable. 

About Wang So entering the dark side, I will reserve my comment for episode 18. Still, the story is interesting and I am waiting for episode 18...even knowing it will be a big hit for the OTP. 

----------------------------

Hong Jong Hyun shone the most in this episode. Big Claps! You did a good villian. I felt bad for Wang Yo at the end but for the bad things he did to EUN and SD...he deserved to die. Now who is going to replace our king of memes!!!? :lol: 

Where did you watch the SBS version other than KA?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, isengdoang said:

i have a question,

"Seongjong was born on 15 January 961, the second son of Daejong, and a grandson of King Taejo (the founder of the Goryeo Dynasty). He ascended the throne after his cousin and also his brother-in-law King Gyeongjong died in 981. After he ascended the throne, Seongjong was at first content not to interfere with the provincial lords, and to appease the Silla aristocracy. Seongjong married a woman of the Silla royal clan." (wikipedia)

seonjong is son of wook (8th prince)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_tree_of_the_Goryeo_kings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taejo_of_Goryeo

Queen Sinjeong (신정왕후)

• King Daejong (대종), 8th prince (Father of King Seongjong 6th)
  • Queen Daemok (대목왕후), (Mother of King Gyeongjong 5th)
  • Like 6

How come for every exciting and beautiful scenes between So and Soo has caused and will cause more tears and heartbreak. 

1. The beach and horse ride: We expected romantic ride and walk alongside the shore. Nothing like that. Rejection all together from Soo.

2. Their first back hug and kiss: Rejection again from Soo, plus forced not to mention heated kiss.

3. Upcoming mask scene: Not prepared. Don't know who's gonna say the doomed words. Have loads of tissues at hand. Don't trust the happy pics anymore. ML made me doubt a lot.

4. There's probably more, but at the moment I can't remember 

All these scenes looked promising with love and having future together. Instead we got tears, somewhat hurtful words and separation. I learned not to trust previews all together, and wait for the whole thing to air before starting too.

• Like 14

14 hours ago, Kasmic said:
  Hide contents

Towards the ends of ep 17 Wook says something about HS then preview of ep 18 - SBS

This is the international preview ep 18

14 hours ago, liddi said:

Transcript of International version preview based on C-subs:

YH: Your Majesty should protect the throne
       Our son. I want him to become the next king.
WS: He would actually dare to use the throne as bait, and play me in the palm of his hands
WS: (hugging HS) You are not allowed to go anywhere. You are my only queen...
JM: (to HS, who's dressed in wedding finery?) Please give up your marriage to His Majesty
      It's only right that you should give it up first
HS: What should I do?
HS: [watching someone being rolled and beaten up in a mat] How could you treat someone like that?!
WH: Soo! (when Soo collapses, realising it was CR)
HS: (to WS) You would go as far as to beat her to death like a dog
WS: I have become a monster in Soo's eyes
WS: I will not let him get away with this

My heart cant take all these! :confounded: Yes, WS & HS need a break! The flow is going up & down.  HS.. please, you're supposed to know WS's heart so well by now.  :fearful:  Having chest pain!!! I think will stop watching @ Eps 16 & just continue reading the posts in this thread... or should I stop reading the posts too..

• Like 12

Eclipses, do you have the link where I can download the subtitle file of Moon Lovers ep17 SBS version? Because I downloaded from kissasin using my mobile but I was shocked to find that the subtitle was not included. Can you help me pls? I really really wanna watch it right now but I dont understand their conversations. Pretty pls 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AryRa said:

it's better than any therapist.. please do that LJK :wub:

do the healing tape :heart:

I  bought Learning Korean Vol 1 with Lee Jun Ki with Yes Asia. His voice in the audio, I am melting into puddle. They sell Vol 2 and 3 as well but that is for intermediate and advance. I started with Beginner. 

http://www.yesasia.com/global/hello-korean-vol-1-learn-with-lee-jun-ki-book-audio-dvd-english-version/1022740393-0-0-0-en/info.html

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Akiddo said:

Sorry to cut your post but it is very unlikely that the tragedy will not unfold if HS stays on...

I may have mentioned this in my much earlier posts. Even if HS marries or stays with WS - it will not get any better. Firstly, she is his Achilles' heel - she will be used to weaken him constantly. Secondly, HS is torn between her love for WS and loyalty/friendship to the other princes/CR/WH. There aren't that many left for her to protect. Her loyalty to these people challenges WS's authority. Thirdly, HS's health is also a huge barrier. Would she be able to survive the whole pregnancy given that Yeonhwa is queen? Will the child be able to survive infancy? Lady Oh is a walking example. Even Wang Geon (given his power) couldn't protect her. Lady Oh became a sacrificial lamb - HS would be the same had she stayed on. YH would stop at nothing to break them up and destroy their relationship. 

Every step is like a trap for WS and HS. In my opinion, leaving WS is the right thing to do. We can call it self preservation, avoidance..but ultimately, it allows HS to preserve her memory of their love. Love changes over time - and no one can guarantee WS and HS will not hate or resent each other had she stayed on. In BBJX, RX felt that by leaving - she could start loving 4th Prince without any fear or barriers. That was one of her comforting moments - though it made her miss 4th Prince even more - eventually leading to her demise. 

I have no issues with the looming tragedy - that's how the story is supposed to be. The only difference is how they will deal with the present day - would HS be back in modern times? Would Wang So appear in the modern day with memory fully intact? Would he have left some clues in history to let Hajin know that she really existed 1000 years ago? 

On a separate note, I think Prince Yo did a great job last night. He stepped up in his final scene - and felt sad for his predicament (not easy to feel sad for a vilian!). I just wish we had more episodes to develop the side characters. Scarlet Heart Ryeo could have really been a domestic success if given more time with better editing. 

True but someone can just knock the Hwangbo siblings off a cliff and that'll solve it right?  :lol:

She should have realized her own heart sooner and left the palace with WS.  I can't deal with tragedy - even that cancer drama UEE was in left on a happyish open ending!   Is it weird that I don't care if HS has a happy ending but that WS does?  I mean she wakes up from a coma and goes back to her normal life with the chance of meeting reincarnated WS but Goryeo WS will have to live the remainder of his days lonely.  Poor guy - someone send me back to Goryeo to keep him company!  UGH I thought I could accept this drama was aiming for "behind every great man was a great woman" theme but now I can't as we near the end lol.  I just want a happy ending for WS!  BLAH!

• Like 10

Wouldn't it be nice...if there's a festival in modern day Korea where people can dressed in period costume, of any era when the Korean monarchy is still in existence. 

Ha Jin (Hae Soo) chooses a dress from the Taejo era, of course, & chance upon a guy who chooses a garb from that period too. They are especially distinctive when most Koreans will wear the more traditional Korean costume (like in Moonlight-Cloud series). She remembers him of course, though not him of her...but does it matter?

He is a carefree person with an easy laugh - like the Wang So who's stargazing with Hae Soo earlier in episode 14. He notices her because of her costume & instantly feels a strange affinity towards her but doesn't understand why. He walks to her, smiles & holds out his hand with a gift - it's the Gaksital (The Bridal Mask*); In his other hand is the Imaetal (Scholar's Servant / Fool's Mask*).

The crowd around them strangely disappears, leaving just the two of them gazing at each other, at a pond similar to their palace rendezvous place. She looks at him, tears falling down her cheeks... (the end).

* Credit: @briseis for the info.

Moon.Lovers:.Scarlet.Heart.Ryeo.full.722

• Like 23

13 minutes ago, jayakris said:

If you want the English subs files for the SBS version, you can find them at darksmurfsub.com ... The first 16 episodes are done.  Ep. 17 may take 2-3 days to do, as only a couple of us are working on it, at the low-key DSS site.  You will need to find the raw videos from somewhere to watch with those srt files, as DSS is not a streaming video site (only DSS members who help make the subs can get videos there).

Um.. or you can watch online through DramaFire/DramaGo. I used to stream online from DF, tho. Pretty quick to update, usually you can stream the latest episode in the early morning. Hope it can help :)

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, isengdoang said:

i have a question,

just see the family tree of Goryeo.

son of Baek Ah is Hyeonjong , the 8th king of goryeo. from his side the tree of kings of goryeo continues ...

• Like 5