[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

A No.1 rating and more than 1500 pages on this thread -> Congrats to all of MLSHR cast and supporters ^^

The rating has cheered me up and brightened up my day a little bit. Honestly, ep 18 preview has put me in quite a dull mood, worrying about the forthcoming separation of our OTP and whether the writer is kind-hearted enough to show his/her sympathy for So-Soo and let them have a happy ending (in modern era of course). As someone who has already watched the c-version, I know the day So is parted from Soo will come eventually as it's a significant part in the depiction of their relationship, but witnessing it actually happen on screen for the second time will definitely take me on another emotional roller coaster ride, which I have been on quite frequently since I bumped into this drama, and break my poor heart :bawling: (At this point let's not mention that damn wedding ceremony between So and wicked YH which we might have to see because it would just add to our pain!) 

Pls writer, can you show us some mercy by letting So-Soo meet again in present time with their memories intact (I personally loathe the idea of Soo/Ha Jin travelling back to the future with all of her painful regrets and meeting So's reincarnation who has no memories of their encounter in the past. I'd rather see them both forget everything and have a fresh start than see one of them leading a life of torments while the other is completely ignorant about it *cry a river*). Geez, this drama has been torturing me mentally and it will take me some time to recover after it finishes (this time it's gonna be much harder to do so as I'm obsessed with So's character more than I did with the 4th prince in the c-ver), yet I can't stop myself from watching (God pls bless me so I can be strong enough to take whatever kind of ending the writer will throw at us :cry:)

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

They need to record LJG's self healing tape. So he can sooth us with his voice

I imagine something like this:

This is only a drama.

There is no need to get hurt

You are a strong, confident viewer

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive everyone in the drama

Forgive yourself

Everything will be alright

OMG, I start to lose my mind :sweatingbullets:

This is a great mantra! :D I will use it the next time I feel my grip on reality slip because of MLSHR! :P

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

This is only a drama.

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive yourself

it is actually  a very catchy song ....whatever helps me move on from ML will be dearly appreciated....

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

Hi @ktcjdrama! I thought about that too, but I noticed too that in all the sageuks that I've watched, the king never goes out of the palace freely, except on ceremony or travelling to carry out ancestral rites... Whenever the king goes out of the palace as in Dong Yi, Yi San, Moon embracing the Sun, Jang Ok Jung Live in Love and more recently Flower in the Prison, he always goes in disguise with few/no guards...

I guess it is the protocol of being a King. I had hoped WS as KG will do things differently. Anyhow, I don't watch sagueks. This is probably the first one I'm watching from start till the end, two versions at that. The other saguek I had watched would be Gu Family Book, which I skipped a lot towards the end - only the first 2 episodes on the love story of the parents attracted me.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

This is only a drama.

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive yourself

it's better than any therapist.. please do that LJK :wub:

do the healing tape :heart:

• Like 9

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

I guess it is the protocol of being a King. I had hoped WS as KG will do things differently. Anyhow, I don't watch sagueks. This is probably the first one I'm watching from start till the end, two versions at that. The other saguek I had watched would be Gu Family Book, which I skipped a lot towards the end - only the first 2 episodes on the love story of the parents attracted me.

It's an awful protocol, to be honest. The kings always seem so happy to be regular men on the town and seem so suffocated in the palace :( I tried to watch GFB - too sad after what happened to the parents -  I just couldn't carry on - this drama is making me push the limits of what I can normally endure :rolleyes:

• Like 9

The look on So when he said to kill all those associated with the late king scares me.. I really like the dinner scene he had with Soo and Baek Ah, and the way he is able to laugh carefreely around the both of them without any restrictions.. or the part where he pulled Soo into his bed, and seems so at ease while he rests his head on her lap.. The times spent with Soo and Baek Ah must have comforted So and let him forget momentarily all the burdens that come with being the king. I really hope these are not the last of the happy scenes we are about to witness.. Hearing his own mother Queen Dowager Yoo calling his son a thief who has stolen the throne must have really hurt.

I can't believe Wook have sunk to a new low. Him breaking the bracelet must have signified the way he wanted Soo's scar to be exposed, since the bracelet was originally supposed to hide that. It was despicable of him to poke at Soo's old wound just because of his own bitterness about her rejection, as well as his own failure to secure the throne. Shouldn't So, being the new king, has the authority to change some of the rules, even if they have been passed down in generations from his predecessors? 

• Like 21

19 minutes ago, may6 said:

i don't know if i should be happy or sad for this ...as much as i'm looking forward  to the mask scene ,it doesn't seem as though it will be a completely happy one....:bawling:  on another note,  i fear for JM life ...WS/GJ ...is  extremely   capable of going  out of character if he is to know that JM had ....just the slightest  audacity of suggesting such a thing to HS ....will he end up playing  the role of that enuch that die  (and that the 4 kill) in BBX ....i'm extremely curious...

Don't worry. Ji Mong in history lives to serve 6 kings - last one being Wook1's son who becomes king after Gwangjong's son. During later years of Gwangjong, he does get exiled for being too drunk in front of the king, which could be when Wang So finds out what he'd been doing to Hae Soo behind his back in MLSHR...

• Like 19

3 hours ago, violet90 said:

Yesss.... he would always give her what she wanted no matter how stupid/silly her request might be.... he was humoring her naturally..... I loved our OTP interaction Last Night episode....  :wub:

***SORRY.... I use mobile And my previous post pooped up... Just ignore it... Thanks ;)

33 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

This is only a drama.

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive yourself

Hhhhhhh I order 1, for the voice recorded/ tape.... It will be my lulaby at night..... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I have a question that keeps nagging me... why did HS looks so shy when the king hugs her to sleep? I mean havent they "blown out the candle" already? Why act coy all of a sudden? hmmm.....

@qwenli Maybe the candle got blown out because there was a strong draft due to the window being left ajar to accommodate the many prying eyes plastered on their every move :sweatingbullets::P So technically, they are still in shadow puppet stage :phew:

• Like 15

5 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Yes sadly the harsh reality of such great empires is to keep the throne in house, hence they need children; not just one but many. 

I think it is not just the issue of procreating but also the idea of marrying YH for power. After all, YH comes from a powerful clan. With support on his side, that baby would have no issue in becoming king. Compare to having a baby where he will have to constantly fight for support to justify his authority (very much like what So is going through now).

i think true WS's heart will never be with YH, but if he had to think about the big picture and even HS when she looks at history she knows she can't be queen. So regardless he will have to marry YH. 

Actually not true at all.. regarding multiple kids:) ...  we have the other series going on parallely:)

Its ironic, the moment we start justifying reasons for why WS had to 'make out' with YH.. his love is already being diluted from that epic status.

Well! Can't do much... Real life anyway doesn't have the concept of eternal one true love.. .. I wonder if HS had to sleep with Wook and have his kids (the whole act initiated by her) all in name of saving the empire...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roneddski said:

I can't believe Wook have sunk to a new low. Him breaking the bracelet must have signified the way he wanted Soo's scar to be exposed, since the bracelet was originally supposed to hide that. It was despicable of him to poke at Soo's old wound just because of his own bitterness about her rejection, as well as his own failure to secure the throne. Shouldn't So, being the new king, has the authority to change some of the rules, even if they have been passed down in generations from his predecessors? 

Well, isn't the King himself not supposed to have a scar?  Or is it a male-chauvinistic rule of the times, that only applied to the King's consorts?  Otherwise, WS has already broken a rule when he became King, and can use that as the excuse to break one more rule :)

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I have a question that keeps nagging me... why did HS looks so shy when the king hugs her to sleep? I mean havent they "blown out the candle" already? Why act coy all of a sudden? hmmm.....

-----------------

I think the one big lesson I learnt from this drama is seize the day when you can, marry and make out when you can. Dont assume there is tomorrow. Tomorrow anyone can take their last breath....

See you all later.B)

Sorry to cut your post. Perhaps it's bcs now he's a King kkkk.. but yeahhh that thing keeps bothering me too kkk "the blown out candle tragedy" kkkk :phew:

• Like 6