[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

The SBS version was so much better than the international version.

Jung, ugh please grow up. 

Wook, so damn petty. He's the s**tty ex-boyfriend that can't let you move on with your life and when you do he shows up at your house and blames you for the break-up while simultaneously asking you to get back together. He was never doing any of the things that he did for HS, he was doing them for himself. Him deriding her for being the kings woman really got on my nerves and made me flashback to him doing the same thing to WS when he over heard the proposal. I appreciated that Soo told him that she's with WS because he was honest with her, Wook still hasn't realized that he played a part in her not wanting to be with him anymore.

YH, ugh, I understand why she does what she does but still I want her to just go away. 

WH/Baek Ah, I can sense some pretty painful things coming up for them. Kudos to WH for killing that traitor though, he's had it coming for a while. 

Yo, I actually found myself sympathizing with him in the last two episodes, yes even after he killed his brother and his wife. He's starved for his mother's love and he thought that the throne would give him that, but it didn't. When he was talking to HS/himself before he died and he said that he just didn't want to be thrown away I kinda wanted to hug him. His mother a truly a detestable character, he favoring Jung, throwing WS away and setting Yo's life up as one where he would be so great and useful to her as king, poisoned her sons and their ability to have a relationship with each other, we see it with Jung now, the way he treats WS and we saw it with the way Yo talked about WS in the earlier episodes. It's sad that it was not until moments before his death that he finally understood how WS has felt his entire life.

Soo/So I was quite shocked when she was the first one to bow to WS and proclaim him king, but I probably should not have been she was the one who set him on the path to the throne in more ways than one. It was kind of great that in the end Yo gave her the choice of picking who she wanted to be king and she exercised that right by choosing So. Soo has done what YH couldn't she is the kingmaker. She essentially made Mu king by siding with WS and not telling Wook about Taejo dying, she made Yo because WS chose her over killing Yo to avenge Mu. The scene where HS and So were sitting on the throne was so sweet and a little heartbreaking with the trajectory that the show seems to be going, I'm trying to think of all the sageuks that I've seen and I can't remember one where someone shares the throne with the King the closest I can probably get is Empress Ki when Huizong shared the throne with the Crown Prince, but I can't remember any of them having the kings woman/queen sitting on the throne with him, so that scene made me go whoa. I liked that the scenes that were essentially a montage in the international version were different scenes in the SBS version some happiness before all of the pain that the preview promises.

I feel that so much was cut out that the transition from So being So and him being Gawnjoing and ordering the death of people were such such contrasting scenes. Once more I say this show would have benefited from more episodes especially the latter part of the show because there is so much going on. Hopefully the DVD project is successful because when I watched the stream I was like, huh he's attacking the palace with Soo inside, after watching the international version I realize that she was most likely not meant to be there as she looked shocked when Yo called for tea

The end of this episode makes it abundantly clear why Gwangjong killed noble families and started the civic test I'd get tired of those b**ches trying to flex their muscle and control me. 

• Like 23

9 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

I really hope so. This is why I cling on to the delusion that GJ would never touch YH lol after all the scheming and hurt she's caused, killing Eun and his wifey + having Soo accidentally ALMOST poison CP leading to Lady Oh 's death, it just doesn't seem right to me that So never finds out and she gets away with it. 

Hi @q4q4! I am trying to also think that this won't happen - but they go on to have 5 kids together - I've been praying that they are all adopted, but seeing how 'aggressive' she is with So, this might be, like you rightly observed, a delusion. I'll need a strong drink to get over their wedding. I can't even... I'm getting an instant headache just thinking about it.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Evelyn C said:

Hi @q4q4! I am trying to also think that this won't happen - but they go on to have 5 kids together - I've been praying that they are all adopted, but seeing how 'aggressive' she is with So, this might be, like you rightly observed, a delusion. I'll need a strong drink to get over their wedding. I can't even..

Yeah I hear you, historically it would be unavoidable.. I have a feeling the only way the scheming snake could get him to blow the candle out would be if she drugged him first. I wouldn't be surprised. Ugh

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, desvlo said:

@chi13louThere is no turning back from this..I should've escaped when I could. LOL

But I've got so much love for this drama! I'm all in till the end! :)

We're all in this together!

Join the Soompi Scarlet Heart Project - details on page 1 of the thread.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, q4q4 said:

Yeah I hear you, historically it would be unavoidable.. I have a feeling the only way the scheming snake could get him to blow the candle out would be if she drugged him first. I wouldn't be surprised. Ugh

NO. DON'T.

I BEG YOU DRAMAGODS FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY I HOPE THEY'RE NOT SHOWING WHATEVER GJ-YH WILL DO.  beg onion head

• Like 21

1 minute ago, q4q4 said:

Was there really no other woman from the Hwangbo clan that he could have married??? Why her ?? Why? She's actually the scariest character to me - as much as I deeply despise Wook, Jung, Won and Yo-Yoo couple, she frightens me the most - Woman with no sense of loyalty, throws people away when it's convenient for her...

• Like 17

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

I second that:wub: finally, Lee Jun Ki has ascended the throne. Sbs, don't you dare not give him any awards. Not just the top 10 stars awards, but the best actor, best couple, and the netizen awards. Give him all those awards he deserves

Yes, yes, let our king win them all :lol:

• Like 14

http://raindropsfallingup.tumblr.com/post/152190779651/from-wang-so-to-gwangjong-so-tell-me-what-is 

read that... and i understand...

hail the writers!!!

wildly wondering... real gwangjong would be... what's his real story that doesnt revealed in written history.,

if i knew him, i think i'm gonna be fallen in love wth him, hardly

• Like 16

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I believe there is hope, people.... If Namoo would even think of holding a final episode screening event for the fans, I.am.sure the ending will be a pleasant one. You wouldn't want to gather a mass of people who might go berserk at the end of an event, would you?

Maybe they bring therapist with them? You know, just in case

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

SBS text preview for ep 18:

Ji Mong tries to talk Hae Soo out of marrying Gwangjong, but Hae Soo doesn't give up. On the night of the New Year's Eve (Narye) festival, Hae Soo asks Gwangjong to get out of the palace to spend time together. Gwangjong puts on the mask Hae Soo prepared, and the two of them enjoy a private moment...

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!!! I DONT DREAD EP18 AS MUCH NOW #famouslastwords :tears:

• Like 15

Why is it that every time WS-HS had a chance to have a cute romantic date, there has to be something that's holding them back from enjoying it fully? First it was the boat date. They couldn't fully enjoy themselves because each of them know they are holding back some information/feelings. This time the lantern festival. We don't know yet what will be the bomb dropped there, but HS is looking sad. And I'm sad too. I guess I shouldn't be greedy and just accept and live with stargazing dates only.

And why can't WS go out of the palace freely as KG? Why is he being so reserved about wandering around his kingdom? A good king should go into town and get in touch with his subjects to know exactly how to help them. I mean it's not like he cannot defend himself... If it is other people, I understand how people would want to assassinate the king in order to seize the throne? But a WS? Not that easy to kill him. If he were going to change into the same conventional king, and be imprisoned by rules and protocols, I'd rather him not be king at all. Sorry, just had to rant about this unimportant detail that bothered me.

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

I really hope so. This is why I cling on to the delusion that GJ would never touch YH lol after all the scheming and hurt she's caused, killing Eun and his wifey + having Soo accidentally ALMOST poison CP leading to Lady Oh 's death, it just doesn't seem right to me that So never finds out and she gets away with it. 

Queen SMS caused Lady Oh’s miscarriage —>  her sons died  (2nd Prince and Yo)

Queen SMS did not love Wang So —> she did not receive love from King Taejo 

Yo used HS as a puppet —> he became a puppet for his mother 

Won poisoned CP —> I think Won will be sentenced to death with poison (hopefully)

So I hope that what she did will come back to her in a similar manner or worse. I hope someone will reveal her scheme just like how she revealed Wang Eun's and Soon Deok's hiding place. :rolleyes:

• Like 16

Just now, antiherofans said:

Maybe they bring therapist with them? You know, just in case

LOL! To be fair to all of us, they also need to send a therapist (therapists ??) to this thread - this drama pushes us to the brink of  mental nuclear meltdowns every week - :w00t:  

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

SBS text preview for ep 18:

Ji Mong tries to talk Hae Soo out of marrying Gwangjong, but Hae Soo doesn't give up. On the night of the New Year's Eve (Narye) festival, Hae Soo asks Gwangjong to get out of the palace to spend time together. Gwangjong puts on the mask Hae Soo prepared, and the two of them enjoy a private moment...

i don't know if i should be happy or sad for this ...as much as i'm looking forward  to the mask scene ,it doesn't seem as though it will be a completely happy one....:bawling:  on another note,  i fear for JM life ...WS/GJ ...is  extremely   capable of going  out of character if he is to know that JM had ....just the slightest  audacity of suggesting such a thing to HS ....will he end up playing  the role of that enuch that die  (and that the 4 kill) in BBX ....i'm extremely curious...

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why is it that every time WS-HS had a chance to have a cute romantic date, there has to be something that's holding them back from enjoying it fully? First it was the boat date. They couldn't fully enjoy themselves because each of them know they are holding back some information/feelings. This time the lantern festival. We don't know yet what will be the bomb dropped there, but HS is looking sad. And I'm sad too. I guess I shouldn't be greedy and just accept and live with stargazing dates only.

And why can't WS go out of the palace freely as KG? Why is he being so reserved about wandering around his kingdom? A good king should go into town and get in touch with his subjects to know exactly how to help them. I mean it's not like he cannot defend himself... If it is other people, I understand how people would want to assassinate the king in order to seize the throne? But a WS? Not that easy to kill him. If he were going to change into the same conventional king, and be imprisoned by rules and protocols, I'd rather him not be king at all. Sorry, just had to rant about this unimportant detail that bothered me.

Hi @ktcjdrama! I thought about that too, but I noticed too that in all the sageuks that I've watched, the king never goes out of the palace freely, except on ceremony or travelling to carry out ancestral rites... Whenever the king goes out of the palace as in Dong Yi, Yi San, Moon embracing the Sun, Jang Ok Jung Live in Love and more recently Flower in the Prison, he always goes in disguise with few/no guards...

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

We're all in this together!

Join the Soompi Scarlet Heart Project - details on page 1 of the thread.

The moment you realise that your brain has checked out the door.... when I read "Scarlet Pimpernel Project" and did a double-take, wondering who needed rescuing from the guillotine. Perhaps Ji Mong, since he had the audacity to tell Soo to give up the idea of marriage to So? :blink: 

• Like 14