[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hae Soo won. :lol: 

For me is unexpected because my favorite character of IU/LJE (Cindy from Producers) was also in the competition, but Hae Soo eliminated her and made it to the finals. :lol:

EDIT: And won the finals

Edited by Gabi Bros
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

Great theory from Dramabeans which lays out the logic of the show really well:

78 patpat October 12th, 2016 at 12:39 AM

To wrap it all, the purpose of Soo’s time travelling to Goryeo is to change the history, by changing So’s personality and the way So takes to become Gwangjong specifically, in order to make the history the way that we know now. Without her arrival, So would still become the king, but the pathway he took to become Gwangjong would be by killing his own brothers, his loyal staffs, and many more. He might not be doing any good to his nation given to his nature, which explains why Soo could only remember him as a horrible king in history. But with Soo’s influence, the present So is a much more better man who won’t go on killing spree his brothers (Eun was exception under Yo’s command), and as we know in our present history, he only killed the ones who revolted and threatened the stability of the nation. As Gwangjong, he also did many good things for his people and had a long reign of 26 years. Soo might not exist in history, but her presence is what shapes the history the way it is.

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

@kdramawriter Your post ROCKED!!  The way you navigated through your explanation was perfect. So much so that I totally believe your theory is correct. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

49 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Yes, that is excellent post. It is all makes sense now to me. I always wonder why Go Hajin think Gwangjong is a ruthless king.

41 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

To summarize : HS comes to goryeo to HUMANIZE WS.

One commentator of DB post almost same thing as this one. I really like the theory. It makes all the things fit into places 

@kdramawriter I like this theory, it sums up a lot of things. Just something I am wondering, Hae Soo has the vision that Wang So will become ruthless Gwangjong (during the rain ritual) according to history. Since her vision came true, not once but twice and likely in the next episode of Eun's part, so it make sense to say that this vision (of Wang So becoming ruthless Gwangjong) is likely to happen. So what will happen that cause Wang So to be ruthless Gwangjong if Hae Soo has humanized Wang So on his process to become the King? I guess it has something to do with Hae Soo. At this rate, I think it will goes down as tragic as BBJX. :(

• Like 13

4 hours ago, emerald_2 said:

This is a new .... FANFIC :wub:

I have come across this over at twitter   cr. alighieri888
It might be a starting draft of more fanfics from alighieri
   ♥ ♥ ♥

Reveal hidden contents

Hey @emerald_2 nice to see you too here chingu....small (soompi) world 

Thanks for sharing this Moon Lovers Fanfic,  that was intense. :sweatingbullets: Who is alighieri, this fanfic have the WS-HS BTS kiss feels in it ...yiiiiiiiee

• Like 3

I need to sleep..I REALLY need to sleep.. :sleeping:

But this thread is moving faster than the speeding bullet train I'm afraid of missing something and have to backtrack many pages in the morning :bawling:

Slow down chingu-Ya..chaebal-yo.. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

• Like 13

My thoughts on Visual Images and TrustB)

1188 pages and counting...WOW:grin: Suddenly the number of pages surged and I'm struggling to keep up.Am only at 1159 now...Keep it up guys!

I watched the episode again this morning before rushing off to school and I was almost late (hehe:sweatingbullets:).Didnt have the time to put my thoughts down til now...the whole day was hectic but reading your posts made me feel better:)Thank you to all of you:wub:

The biggest problem/obstacle that i see now is HaeSoo's premonitions/visions etc.(whatever you like to call it).Whatever happened is not entirely Soo's fault.So told her the truth-he had to look for Eun.But instead of killing him,he will bring him to safety.At this point is where some of you blame HaeSoo for not telling him she was hiding them.HaeSoo has known So for 4 years++ and during that period,he has done many things which prove his love for her.Shouldn't Soo trust him?Here is where I thought...

Soo should trust him: If Soo told him,he might be able to bring them to safety but So will be harmed for doing so.What if he can't save them in time?Then Soo's visual images(I shall call them that) will come true.Either way,she knows So is being monitored closely so it might be better not to get him involved...

Soo should not trust him:He is tasked to find them and kill them.If he doesn't do as ordered,Soo will be tortured-something that So obviously will not allow to happen.If there is a choice between Eun and Soo,he WILL choose Soo and she knows it.He will kill them to save her.The visual images will come true...

See that whatever choice Soo makes will ultimately lead to a high possiblity for her visual images to come true anyway.And I want to argue here that Soo DOES trust So....But NOT COMPLETELY.She knows So will do anything to save her.She knows he isn't Hellishly Evil by nature.But the visual images and the fact that she has seen how people can change in ways that you don't expect in Goryeo holds her back from trusting him completely.

With that said,why is she still completely trusting the wrong people like ChaeRyung?Well..all I can think of is that these people whom she has wrongly trusted in(Wook and ChaeRyung) were the first ones who were kind and helped her adjust to Goryeo life(First impressions count people!).Besides,they have never DIRECTLY OR PHYSICALLY hurt her.Wook's inactive stance always let something happen which eventually hurts Soo but she still trusts him.Only when Wook walked towards her and then turned his back against her in the rain did her trust in him start to dwindle because that was A DIRECT action which hurt her.In ChaeRyung's case,she put mercury in the water which killed CP and eventually putting Soo in danger-an INDIRECT action.That's why Soo still trusts her.So has put a sword near her neck before and pushed her off a horse...DIRECT and PHYSICAL hurt to Soo...so i guess that's another reason why she doesn't trust him completely.

Another thing which bothers me are the COLOURS of her visual images.Initially they were black,white,greyish.But then subsequent ones were in red.Why?I guess black,white,greyish ones are the ones that are supposed to/will happen and she has no power to stop it.But what about the red?Are the red ones warnings of things she can stop?Or things that aren't supposed to happen?Or the effects of her continued presence in Goryeo?I'm still clueless about this...anyone care to analyse?I'd be grateful and happy to hear your thoughts on this.But if Soo can figure out what these visual images mean,she has a better chance of finding out her true purpose there and can come up with a plan to fulfill it.

The problem with HaeSoo that she is too transfixed on WHAT is going on in her visual images that she doesn't keep in mind that she doesn't know HOW it will happen.She just does things that she thinks will lower the possibility of the visual images happening (like making Eun and his wife stay away from So since all three of them were in her visual images).She doesn't make use of her current advantages/benefits(like So telling her he will save them when he finds them).

Trust seems to be one of the main themes in SHR-something which is fragile because it is so difficult to get hold of completely yet so easy to lose.Maybe next week,Soo's trust in So will be whole and complete...

Trust is a fragile thing. Once earned, it affords us tremendous freedom. But once trust is lost, it can be impossible to recover. Of course the truth is, we never know who we can trust. Those we’re closest to can betray us, and total strangers can come to our rescue. In the end, most people decide to trust only themselves. It really is the simplest way to keep from getting burned.

- Unknown

• Like 16

2 hours ago, zi4r said:

Hey, Eclipses! I'm the crazy LJG fan that kept spamming here about hallyuvote.com and calling for reinforcements Monday and Tuesday.

Anyway, I was rotating on 4 different networks to vote (home, mobile and 2 vpns) to avoid blocking. Last night, work went crazy so I couldn't go back to the site. But today, whole day, I haven't been able to access the site at all. At first, I thought it was temporarily down or something, so I went to sleep for a few hours... but when I woke up this afternoon and realized I still couldn't access (And it seems you all have been able to?), I realize it's just me.

Ohh, I thought I was the only one. Can't vote either since this morning. Something must be wrong with their server. I'll check again tom. :)

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Akiddo said:

@antiherofans I agree. The K-version is breaking my heart all over again. 

One line that hit me in ep 15 was when Eun said if only they lived like this right from the start. While his character never resonated with me, I wish he and Soon Dok had more time together as a couple. The most carefree couple of the lot has to go first - what chance do the rest have in the next 5 episodes? 

In the last few minutes of ep 14, both Won and Yo had a flash of sadness when Moo finally drowned - they knew this could be their fate too. Wook was right - they were all fighting to survive. Perhaps this was the real Goryeo. The road to the throne is littered with broken dreams and death. 

To me, the K version is sadder due to the fact that So never wanted to be the King, unlike 4th Prince in BBJX. He simply wanted to be free from the shackles of his wretched fate and live like a real person. To love and be loved in return. While it seemed he had forced his affection on Soo in the beginning, he backed up with action, not just words or gifts. So was also surprised how deep in love he was - but once he realised the extent of his feelings - there was no u turn.

Soo, on the other hand, is the object of affection for at least 4 of the princes. She has feelings of varying depths for each of them while So is not able to differentiate love and friendship. Thus I am not surprised how upset he would feel when he links all the dots and realises that Wook is her first love. If you see from So's perspective, his love is absolute and untainted - and once he has experienced the mutual affection, love and intimacy with Soo - he would imagine Soo giving Wook the same affection and intimacy, even if it was not the case. Had he known earlier on that it was Wook, the impact would have been less painful. 

From ep 16, both So and Soo will move from slow burn romance to passionate love. The depths of feeling will be nothing like they have experienced before. As soulmates, the one who dies first will leave the other in despair and unbearable pain. So was quite prophetic in ep 12 when he advised Soo that the more painful the memory is, the harder she should work to move past it. The So that Soo left behind would retreat into his hard shell after she is gone and live another 26 lonely years pining for her. 

My only wish is that the couple receive a proper closure, be it in Goryeo or modern times.

Spoiler

Love this analysis. Eun's regret in ep15 touched me as well. It's unfortunate that he realized his happiness doesn't lie with Soo rather it was right in front of him all along right before his death..

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Not sure if anyone posted this already.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1168280/list/95888

This video is testing my speed to read Korean, using the So to make up hashtags. If you watch it with the hearphone, it will feel like Wang So is bugging you, talking to you non stop.

I was laughing so loud at Wang So = King Cow.  #So-Romantic

I love his voice. Deep, very manly voice.:love::love:

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Ha Jin you mean?

This one?

umm, not really sure. The above image looks like it from Ep  (though I am not sure) There were discussions that Ha Jin has come back to the present world and there were spoiler images of that. Since I was not able to find that image. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

@kdramawriter I like this theory, it sums up a lot of things. Just something I am wondering, Hae Soo has the vision that Wang So will become ruthless Gwangjong (during the rain ritual) according to history. Since her vision came true, not once but twice and likely in the next episode of Eun's part, so it make sense to say that this vision (of Wang So becoming ruthless Gwangjong) is likely to happen. So what will happen that cause Wang So to be ruthless Gwangjong if Hae Soo has humanized Wang So on his process to become the King? I guess it has something to do with Hae Soo. At this rate, I think it will goes down as tragic as BBJX. :(

This just occurs to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Hae Soo saw 4 vision right?

1. King Taejo's dead

2. CP' dead

3. Gwangjong

4. Eun's dead because of Wang So

Number 1 & 2 has already happened. But right now, we are looking at Eun's death which is premonition number 4. Why is not number 3 to likely happen first? Are these premonition not in order?

What if Hae Soo already change something like the theory said? The ruthless Gwangjong is gone. Or will it appears later after Hae Soo's death.

So sorry for my bad english.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

That's the crown prince/king Moo ! The lady at the back of LJG is the writer who give us all these "sick stories" lol

@riuenu nearly all the regular IG users posted! except IU, who hasnt posted anything since 17 aug. hmmm, trying to avoid scandals...:D

gosh, this drama is equally exciting behind the scenes. Love their friendship :)

:D i think so, try avoid scandals...and her feeling :wub: but she should update dinner pic too, i'm little bit disappointed IU gave 'Like' button to Jong Hyun dinner pic in IG but not to oppa Joon Gi pic ;)^_^

• Like 14

On 10/10/2016 at 9:34 PM, bebebisous33 said:

And he will ask from Yeon Hwa to reveal where Hae Soo hid Eun and his wife. From my point of view, Hae Soo will die heartbroken, when she discovers that Wang Wook used her to kill Eun, Wang Mu and others. He will never use his own hands to do the dirty work, he will use others. She will be so upset and heartbroken that Wang Wook forced Wang So to do it.

@bebebisous33 I hope your idea comes true. I am being a sadist I know, when I say that I actively want Hae Su to undergo that pain of knowing that it was Wook behind it all who made the horrific context behind her visions come true.

The thing is, this drama has for the past 15 episodes hammered in the idea that Hae Su is a good, kind girl (a little bit like Jane Bennet) who would like to save everyone if she could. I have this legit fear seeing how good and kind she is that in the event she gets to know of CR's betrayal she is gonna ask for a pardon for her; in the event she got to know Wook did all that she will still ask for his pardon seeing as how she will blame herself for it, in the event she got to know that YH was behind the poisoning episode she might actively ask So to marry her so that YH gets her heart's desire and never again hurts anybody else. I may be exaggerating :phew: but yeah Hae Su's primal instinct is "save everyone". The more I see her, the more I fear for everyone's safety in Goryeo :crazy: Never before I have felt that being a good and kind person is such a disadvantage (Not even Hwang Jung Eum in Secret could make me feel it like this hahaha).....like if she were playing football I would bet she would be the one to make a same side goal.

If the writer was trying to convince me that being good and kind without good judgement is a liability she has me super convinced.

The above may sound like I am hating on HS but its nothing of the kind......I enjoy the fear she induces in me because its been ages since a main character has done that for me. MLSHR has made me a much more flexible viewer in terms of how to enjoy a drama :D

• Like 16