[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I read that In another Kdrama "shine or go crazy" Wang So's mother hated him because she had a dream or something that he's a cursed child so they sent him away, now I'm wondering did he really had a difficult childhood in the true story/real history? Because 2 drama's adaptations about him showed he had a hard life when he was a kid 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, jaslinnj said:

umm, not really sure. The above image looks like it from Ep  (though I am not sure) There were discussions that Ha Jin has come back to the present world and there were spoiler images of that. Since I was not able to find that image. 

REALLY!!!!

WOW MY WISH COME TRUE!!!

• Like 2

About the voting: Song Joong Gi VS Lee Jung Ki

http://www.hallyuvote.com/face-off-battle-b.html

I didn't even know the exitence of poll B before since I always voted on poll A. Yesterday the votes for LJK - SJK are around 28000 and today 60000. So obviously the votes are increasing on both sides. While on poll B the votes on LJK - SJK are around -23000.

The result will be poll A + poll B, and hallyuvote perhaps made 2 polls to avoid overcrowded even though it still happens. So 60000 votes (poll A) - 23000 votes (poll B), still makes LJK leading with 37000 votes.

Both fans are trying their best to vote, but chillax it's just a vote, it's not like a life depends on it.

I even doubt weather this voting has a meaning. What do the star who win will get later? Is it just an insignificant vote where it only announces the result on its website and that's it?

So no need to feel frustrated and bombarded the chat with curse word or accusation.

Why invest on something that doesn't give you valuable feeling. So just vote if you like. If you don't like, then don't.

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, jaslinnj said:

umm, not really sure. The above image looks like it from Ep  (though I am not sure) There were discussions that Ha Jin has come back to the present world and there were spoiler images of that. Since I was not able to find that image. 

The only image of Ha Jin that we have seen is from episode 1. When she was saving the little boy from drowning. After that she's HS.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

I read that In another Kdrama "shine or go crazy" Wang So's mother hated him because she had a dream or something that he's a cursed child so they sent him away, now I'm wondering did he really had a difficult childhood in the true story/real history? Because 2 drama's adaptations about him showed he had a hard life when he was a kid 

No, in history, he was one of Wang Geon's favorite sons. His adopted mom is considered to have played a major role in his marriage to the Hwangbo princess, too, so that he could have the support from his birth mother's clan (Chungju), adopted mother's clan (Shinju) and his wife's clan (Hwangbo).

8 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I really want to know all the hashtags in that video. I only captured some like this one: #SoJunKi 

It's actually not SoJunKi, but SoChoongi, which is a pun of Sachoongi (adolescence/puberty) (and the line above says "just discovered the opposite sex"). Most of the tags are nicknames of Wang So using puns because Wang means king and So means Cow in Korean. So can also be the verb ending for many situations, so it's used a lot. 

• Like 21

2 hours ago, staygold said:

I am tempted to post this every time there is a post about how HS doesn't love enough. Or how WS's love is deeper than HS's.

Under the spoiler tag I am posting a write up from a FB page I love. It explains so well about how love cannot be compared.

Hide contents

https://www.facebook.com/Labyrinths.PhilipJohn/

THIS PERSON'S SUITCASE 

Say, you are in love with this person. The two of you have suitcases in your hearts. Your suitcase has this person's name on it. And this person's suitcase has your name on it. The suitcase represents love. Now as it must happen, someone's suitcase will be bigger. Perhaps yours is. That's because you've put a whole lot of things in the suitcase that bears this person's name – songs, scenes from favorite books, parks, the way moonlight falls on wheat in a field, kaleidoscopes, crab curry – everything that informs your love for this person. On the other hand, it is possible that the other person has just one book, one flower and one salad in the suitcase that bears your name. Now when you both collide in the garden of love, your suitcases fall to the ground, and break open. You look at this person's suitcase, the one with your name on it, and you ask yourself, 'That’s it? But I have all this stuff in my suitcase for this person! How can this person have so little for me in their suitcase?' This is a perfectly reasonable thought. But you don't say it out loud. It is not this person's problem that you have so much love to conjure up, and give. Instead of conducting this tally of feelings, you tell yourself that this person is already here, in the garden, with you. This person has brought a suitcase along, with your name on it. It has just one book, one flower, and one salad in it. No moonlight. No crab curry. But listen. This person's suitcase has your name on it. This person's suitcase has your name on it. This person's suitcase has your name on it.

Hope it makes sense and I don't come across as a crazy person! dreadful-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774070

I love this passage to death. So beautiful and so true. You shouldn't compare, because regardless of how grand or not the person's gestures of love are, they chose to be in love with you, in their own quiet way. And that in itself is more than enough.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, riuenu said:

that is what I tot also...is it a dress code anot...cannot be all in black coincidentally right? hahahahahhahaha

Perhaps.... It is to prepare us for the episodes that have yet to come.. Black as a moonless lake (Dean Koontz) l! :expressionless:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

The only image of Ha Jin that we have seen is from episode 1. When she was saving the little boy from drowning. After that she's HS.

@ jaslinnj

I think that was just a fan edit. Someone posted a bunch of gifs of IU and LJK in modern clothes a few pages back (last week before monday I think.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

Great theory from Dramabeans which lays out the logic of the show really well:

78 patpat October 12th, 2016 at 12:39 AM

I keep thinking, what if the history that Jimong and Go Hajin knew is different than the history that we know now? According to the history, after King Taejo’s death, the list of the king is Moo, Yo, then So. But Jimong said that Yo’s crowning was out of his prediction. Yo was never meant to be king before, it should have been Moo then So. Go Hajin also thought that after King Taejo, Gwangjong was the next King (yes, I even rewatch eps 1 to make sure), probably because Moo’s reign wasn’t significant. Yo’s reign in history, if it existed, should have been remarkable for the destruction he had done so far, but Go Hajin didn’t have any memory about that. So I think it’s safe to say that the history that Go Hajin knew was different from the history that we know. Hence, we can say that the history did change. And the reason for that change, as Jimong said, should be a variable. What if the variable is Go Hajin’s Soo?

Let’s start from the beginning. The ones who were born under the star of the king were Moo and So. Despite of all the obstacles, So was destined to be a king, so it’s safe to say that with or without Soo, he would eventually become the king. But HOW he will achieve that goal is the true question and I think that is the exact reason of Soo’s time travelling to Goryeo.

The events from So’s arrival at the palace till the monks’ assassination were relatively free from Soo’s influence, so it would still happen that way even if Go Hajins’s Soo didn’t exist. So would use this chance to stay in the palace, and we may never know for sure how his character would develop w/o Soo’s influence, but giving his family’s cold shoulder and without love and care from anybody, I think he would grow up just as how King Taejo wanted him to be: ruthless but politically effective. So would lead the rain ritual (as planned by the king and Jimong) despite of his scar, he would eventually gain support from people, and there he was, ready for the throne. Jimong and the king knew that Yo was born under the star of treason, so they knew he would revolt someday, and I guess that’s why King Taejo tried to send him afar, much to his resentment. But even if he did revolt, they assumed that So would get rid of him completely, and that was what should have happened if only So delivered the fatal blow on Yo on the cliff. The real ruthless So, w/o Soo’s influence, would have no sympathy for Yo. Moo would be poisoned and drowned probably by So or Wook or Won or combination of them, it would be covered and his death would be written in history as a natural course of disease. With Moo and Yo gone, So would be the one who ascend to the throne. Given his ruthless nature, he would secure his position just like how Yo’s doing now: killing his brothers and those who had the potential of revolting against him. Wook and Won, the sly and powerful ones, might be one of the early victims. Eun would be killed for his powerful family.

Jung might be killed because of So’s jealousy for his mom’s love, and who knows that Baekah might or might not survive. So would be that cruel and ruthless Gwangjong who killed his own brothers for the throne, and that’s exactly the history that Go Hajin knew.

But now we have Go Hajin’s arrival in Goryeo (and strikingly at the same time as So’s arrival in the palace) and her fated encounter with So. The moment she offered him her sympathy, she took her first step into changing the course of history w/o her even realizing. His character grew up into different direction than how it should have grown, deviating him as far as from the ruthless king material to nothing of the sort. This version of So would never be able to kill his own brother and that’s the reason Yo remained and became the king, thus negated the history that Go Hajin previously knew. The history has indeed changed because of her influence on So.

One may wonder that if Go Hajin’s Soo did change the history, then why her premonitions still come true? The premonitions are likely the trace of Soo’s memory that remained when Soo reincarnated into Go Hajin. If the history differed from the one Soo knew, shouldn’t the premonition change as well? I’d like to flesh out each premonition. King Taejo’s and Moo’s death will simply happen the same way with or without Go Hajin’s arrival, thus they stayed true to her premonition. But for the premonition of Soo standing alone in front of the throne, we start to see that the reality differed from her premonition. Here she didn’t stand alone; So was standing there with her. Then on the premonition of Eun’s execution, So was laughing frantically as he killed Eun. But in the reality, as we see from the preview, So’s face was filled with horror and grief as he slaughtered Eun. That laughing So was the version of So without Soo’s influence, the ruthless So who would happily kill his brother to secure his throne. That grieving So in the present is So with Soo’s influence.

See how things that involve So start to take on different pathway? Soo may still think that she can’t change anything but the truth is, it’s changing before her very eyes.

To wrap it all, the purpose of Soo’s time travelling to Goryeo is to change the history, by changing So’s personality and the way So takes to become Gwangjong specifically, in order to make the history the way that we know now. Without her arrival, So would still become the king, but the pathway he took to become Gwangjong would be by killing his own brothers, his loyal staffs, and many more. He might not be doing any good to his nation given to his nature, which explains why Soo could only remember him as a horrible king in history. But with Soo’s influence, the present So is a much more better man who won’t go on killing spree his brothers (Eun was exception under Yo’s command), and as we know in our present history, he only killed the ones who revolted and threatened the stability of the nation. As Gwangjong, he also did many good things for his people and had a long reign of 26 years. Soo might not exist in history, but her presence is what shapes the history the way it is.

I rarely read DB's visitor comments, but this one is exceptional. Very good description and that made me re-watch for million times already. The input is logic and relevant and whoever wrote this, must be someone who studies all the reasoning behind this show scheme. 

I always wondering the purpose of GHJ reincarnates as HS, this perspective marked how good the writer is by manipulating the history. It looks like they attempt to deceive people who cling into the history instead see from the different angle of the story itself. This pushes my curiosity to the next level and wanting to know what other offers in the store.

I wish every day is Monday and Tuesday. kih kih kih.

• Like 24

i watching back eps 14 and one scene particular that i want to point out...

the moment the guard tell WS that only in HS room that WJ (i believe he already knew it was WJ) might be hiding.. you can see the defeated look on WS face the moment he stand in front of HS room... he knew that HS would protect WJ no matter what... WS understand HS the most and he knew since the beginning how fiercely HS will protect everyone that she care.. but i pretty sure that WS did't expect HS will go as far as putting her life on line.. that's why he might think WJ is HS past lover.. its not about WJ or anyone else now.. its about WS jealousy that started to showing.. anybody notice that he wear the same cloth the next day... lol

he must be sitting on his room thinking to break in and then he have enough finally just grab HS out.. kkkk

• Like 24

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

someone give me link to 14 kiss

No body is gu=iving me the link :(

2 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i watching back eps 14 and one scene particular that i want to point out...

the moment the guard tell WS that only in HS room that WJ (i believe he already knew it was WJ) might be hiding.. you can see the defeated look on WS face the moment he stand in front of HS room... he knew that HS would protect WJ no matter what... WS understand HS the most and he knew since the beginning how fiercely HS will protect everyone that she care.. but i pretty sure that WS did't expect HS will go as far as putting her life on line.. that's why he might think WJ is HS past lover.. its not about WJ or anyone else now.. its about WS jealousy that started to showing.. anybody notice that he wear the same cloth the next day... lol

he must be sitting on his room thinking to break in and then he have enough finally just grab HS out.. kkkk

They showed that scene no.. he was standing outside in front of her room contemplating breaking the door

I don't know about obsessive lovers.. WS doesn't come across as one..he is posessive but doesn't force his opinion or choices on her... Such guys are so hard to find... wish they were reproduced in abundance :P

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Perhaps.... It is to prepare us for the episodes that have yet to come.. Black as a moonless lake (Dean Koontz) l! :expressionless:

but we will get to see black knight in shiny armor as well, uri So yahhhhh :wub:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, antiherofans said:

This just occurs to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Hae Soo saw 4 vision right?

1. King Taejo's dead

2. CP' dead

3. Gwangjong

4. Eun's dead because of Wang So

Number 1 & 2 has already happened. But right now, we are looking at Eun's death which is premonition number 4. Why is not number 3 to likely happen first? Are these premonition not in order?

What if Hae Soo already change something like the theory said? The ruthless Gwangjong is gone. Or will it appears later after Hae Soo's death.

So sorry for my bad english.

1st vision: Gwangjong (during the rain ritual, episode 8)

2nd vision: King Taejo's dead 

3rd vision: CP's dead

4th vision: Eun's death and Wang So

Your English is fine, don't worry! Except for Gwangjong, 2nd and 3rd happened, next episode will be Eun i think. If they follow history, Gwangjong is known to be ruthless because in his intention to create a centralized government and consolidate the central's government power amidst all the powerful clans vying for the imperial power, he reduced their power by killing/executed/imprisoned many of them and implemented policies and systems to centralized the kingdom and equalize the power of everyone else. So people are condemning more for his way of doing things - killing. But since this take a creative license of history and an adaptation of BBJX, romance is one of the main focal point of the story. Also Wang So here is humanized by the Hae Soo. But somehow if the writer is going to have so many climaxes (like she has done so many times in this drama though I enjoy the "makjang" of this K-drama like one user here pointed out), Wang So will become ruthless when something happened to Hae Soo (im not sure about this yet). And then we go back to the path of history that Wang So is ruthless as Gwangjong but the reason here might be different because love is the main catalyst of Wang So's action and not just about imperial fights. I hold onto this idea because Hae Soo's vision comes true not once but twice and if Eun's dies it will be 3 times. So it will make sense that her vision becomes Gwangjong will happen. And since we are fusing in the BBJX element, things might turnt out this way. Lol it depends on the writer on how she wants to put everything together. So interesting lol. 

Note 1: I rewatched LJG, HJH and K Haneul V live interview, HJH said there are many climaxes in this story. Lol thats why we have it. 

Note 2: This is a better source of Gwangjong history as compared to the Wikipedia one. Yall can read it, it's very interesting. 

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Gwangjong_of_Goryeo

Edit: Omg I rewatched episode 6 her visions are first Taejo dead, second Crown Prince Mu dead, 3rd Yo will die ( I saw him kind of drop dead to the floor) then is red and dark Gwanjong though she's not sure who. Then episode 8 ending at the rain ritual or specifically at ep 9 beginning she see the vision of Wang So as dark, evil Gwangjong. And middle of ep 9 he saw the vision Wang So slashed Eun who already being arrowed and his wife died and his kind of dark laugh. So all her visions are going to be true. Yet, how things get to the visions she doesn't know and therefore why it occur. 

I'm going to rewatch all the 15 episodes to see what are things I missed and re-understand the story before the next two episodes. So interesting. :)

• Like 11

With the little I have read about the separation predictions I came to the conclusion- Be like Hancock :P:P Together Hancock and Mary were vulnerable and stripped off their superpowers while when they are literally separated (by distance) they get their powers back and become invincible. So Wang So and Hae Su could just be like that. He acts like Hancock to let her go and she acts like Mary to let him go and hopefully problems vanish :P  :P:P

• Like 10

I sincerely hope that Wang Jung finally removes the wool around his eyes and realizes the sort of person Wang Wook really is and kicks himself in the shins for being so against Wang So. I know he means well and has a good heart, but how can he be so blind as to what's happening around him?

If he starts blaming So for killing Eun next episode instead of directing his anger to Wang Yo, I might just reach through my TV screen and punch the living daylights out of him. 

• Like 20