[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

13 hours ago, aypopa said:

YH i was wondering what she get to betray EUN and his wife that evil woman kill 2 rabit with one SHOT she make a deal to not be send to katar and she hurt HS because when she GO visit HS she ask her to ,leave WS and she tell her she i regret this .... and she is so evil i know she want to save herself but .... aaa why everyone become megaaa bad the place is relly scary ...

because chingu ... palace cant bring the worst of you ...

• Like 6

Wow my last post was on page 1106 and now the thread has moved to page 1180 I have yet to watch the 2 sub episodes and I can only imagine what all you guys had to talk about.. I'm wondering if WW got even more dark and scary.. Did he even suggest to WY to exile Ws the mutal kiss between HS abd WS did he even see it so much to read about and so little time to do it.. I refuse to read 74 pages because it would be no way to catch up with you guys. But after I have watch the episodes I'll comment then so happy chatting everyone keep the thread moving and I'll be with you on thursday.. Have a tight schedule  until thursday..      

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well not really. I take your point that not everyone indulged in polygamy even if it was accepted practice all over the globe at some point in time or another.

But I didn't say all men were polygamous (at least I didn't think I did)... but it was more common among the wealthier classes and widely accepted as a means of ensuring that the family tree continues.  It some cultures it was a sign of status being able to have many women. Common sense dictates that a man with no means can barely keep one wife much less two or more. Also, even if men didn't take multiple wives, they were allowed to sow their wild oats in respectable fashion which is part of my larger point.

But my main and most important point still stands... and that is people didn't marry for love at least not in the way we understand it, and definitely not in that all-encompassing, exclusive way that my worldview prescribes. Certainly not the wealthy classes with which we are primarily concerned here. Polygamy was only one part of my analysis, a perspective held by Yo and probably many others in that class. 

And don't get me started about the writing and recording of history... it's a very contentious issue as far as I'm concerned. 

@40somethingahjumma I very much agreed and got your point. I was just making a dry joke since I was tried but we were talking about two different things. I know my jokes tend to be dry and most of friends sometimes don't get it. I'm sorry for NOT explaining clearly.  I was just pointing out two interesting things that for some reason, ONLY sons who were married to half-siblings except WS marrying WM's daughter as concubine ONLY had one spouse each. Since this intermarrying thing is established by Taejo and those half-sibling marriages were among the children of queens (very powerful families with strong armies), I was wondering whether there was a reason (double edge sword that polygamy was allowed and pretty much rich men thing but couldn't do it when you married to King's daughters like as for some Chinese dynasties princess-consorts??? Since it is not true for the reverse.  Only Taejo's daughter who married outside was WS's elder sister who married to last Silla's king and he already had a queen but did not think that he married another one after her. The kings' sons married to outside clans had many wives. Just a funny and interesting food for thought that came up when I was reading your great analysis :D

• Like 5

Good grief! It took me the whole day to response to you guys. beaten onion head I'm sorry that I cut the quotes for some of you.

13 hours ago, millie10468 said:

Something interesting I found: Jimong appears to be surprised that Yo became King after Mu because he thought that all Yo would amount to was a traitor (he was born under a star of treason). And from the way he was talking before, So was supposed to be King after Mu died. There was no mention of Yo being born under a King's star. If this is so, then that means that the history Soo remembers is actually the history in the future (that So kills his brothers) and not the real history we have (that he only kills Won and a couple of nephews). Jimong is wondering how and why things changed and the answer is: Soo. Of course it's her. History was meant to be how we know it to be--that Taejo died, Mu becomes king, Yo becomes king and then So becomes king, and he kills Won and the nephews. Therefore, Soo's presence changed the history she and Jimong knew. I find this very interesting because I believe it's been speculated already, that maybe the history Soo remembered was not just her being a bad student. While she may not have had all the details, she did remember that So became a cruel king who killed his brothers. Therefore, she did change the future. However, just because she managed to change some things doesn't mean she was able to change all. Remember that historical accounts talk about there being rumors that So and Yo conspired to kill Mu. That's how it would appear to people who just saw/heard Yo storm the palace a traitor and come out a King with So as his dog. The future Soo will go back to will have reflected these changes and she'll be the only one to remember what it initially was.

@millie10468 You're absolute correct, in my opinion. Having people referring to So as Yo's dog is a mirror of the real history when Yo and So worked together to revolt against Moo.

12 hours ago, ruizaio said:

Today's moral of the story is: Clean up after you play!! 

While the lines of Ji Mong suggests that maybe the Korean version is messing with history, I wonder why they chose Wook as the 8th prince for this adaptation. Historically, Yo, So, and Wook were on the same team so that So and Wook's children intermarried and their descendants took turns taking the throne. Why did they choose the Hwangbo prince as the main rival of Wang So? Why not Wang Won (9th in MLSHR) who is officially the only brother that Gwangjong actually kills or his older brother (who does not appear in MLSHR)? It just really leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see how low Wook is falling and yet he can't die because then history will be completely different. 
But then again, what's the point of wondering about that now. All I want to see is just So finally taking the throne and living happily ever after with Soo. ...like that's gonna happen.

@ruizaio I had the same thought when I first started watching MLSHR. No doubt that in the original, 8th prince was the principal rival to 4th prince. But since MLSHR took creative liberties, they did not have to have 8th prince. They could have make up random orders instead of using the one from the original novel. But if they did and used 9th prince as the main rival to Wang So then they needed to add one more in to fill the 9th prince's spot. I hope we get to see little Seongjong (lol :D).

11 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

What is it that YH thinks she could tell WS about WW and HS?

- so far we saw them flit a bit, walk along with each other, hug, almost touch, Forehead kiss ... but that's all nothing
- in the first episode CR implied that HS was chasing men
- also folks said she had changed completely

Could the "old" HS maybe grated WW more liberties, than she should have?

There are theories that the "old / dead" Hae Soo was in love with Wang Wook. It will never and can never be confirmed.

@thenagain Yeon Hwa is a character foil to Hae Soo. They both always differ on stances regarding love vs. survival, freedom vs. power, life vs. death.

@liddi@ruizaio@snowglobe147 Thanks for the translation!

@mewtwo I am really hoping that SBS creates a special award category to acknowledge KHN-HJH-YSW with their roles as the evil trio.

@special_bee I haven't read anything from you. Where are you at? Or maybe I missed your posts somewhere?

@40somethingahjumma Love your essays! Please open an MLSHR analysis class cheer3 onion head.

@riuenu I am glad that EXO fans are giving their support to Z.Hera. She's a cutie!!!

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

Soong Jong Ki fans are really lunatic. They vote until the server crashed. They are very determine to make sure SJK win.  I am not able to vote since last nite. 

@junejungki@antiherofans I attempted to vote again but it broke and it kept loading the results. They are really desperate.

1 hour ago, antiherofans said:

Maybe to much traffic on their server so they have to make 2 polls? But I can't access both polls. Don't know why. My internet connection is okay tho.

@kyar7jizhenll Thanks for the additional information on 10th prince's family.

1 hour ago, missluxedo said:

When Yo became king, YH wore the ring he gave her to show her alliance with him but he STILL sent her off as a hostage to the Khitan because he said that he couldn't fully trust her or her family after they (and especially Wook) had betrayed him. I do agree that a lot of what YH does is to survive but she has said before - "that she is also a woman". Although she may want to be at a place of (more) power, she was still tempted by her own desires, specifically her desire to be with So. I think that the reason why she didn't settle for marrying Yo in the beginning was because she was always curious about So - after all, she had been nursing a crush on him since forever. It's possible that she may have waited for So and then simply went to Yo when he became king because she was stuck - the man she wanted was in love with someone else and flat out refused her proposal while the brother who's supposed to protect her was totally willing to let her be Yo's because it served his purpose.

I'm not a fan of the character, but I do like the way Kang Hanna is portraying her.

@itzibitzispider MLSHR is like an epidemic, infecting way too many victims kekekekek... 35

19 hours ago, zi4r said:

Yes, it's me again. If anyone is free and just waiting for the episode to air, please come and help LJG out at:

http://www.hallyuvote.com/face-off-battle.html

They're being slaughtered by DOTS fans. Thanks.

VOTE GUYS VOTE!!!

@heartforkdrama LOL Don't tell me that he is the Joker.

@Sharine Phinisia Thanks for the manga pic.

@MadraRua, you got @meahri_1 to cover for you.

@penelop3@privio@devotee@LyraYoo@omiki@bebebisous33@magdale@chi13lou It is ironic that both Ji Mong and King Tae Jo tell Hae Soo to just follow along instead of doing anything when in reality, she is the catalyst as many of you have said. Their happy scenes tell me that we should not take things for granted and enjoy every moment we can right now. We only realize the worth once we lose it just like Wook had lost Hae Soo. Not just love is dangerous but power/desire to have power is dangerous. Don't forget that we still have that baseball game on Monday. Even if the variable Ji Mong was talking about was the fact that So did not kill Yo at the cliff and even if he did not survive, the other variable would be Wook getting the throne before So could get the throne. But then, that's just my prediction because history does not have Wook succeeding Moo despite that fact that he would be honored as a king. In other words, he would still have to fight his brothers. And I agree that Hae Soo is the other variable to put history back to its place. And @omiki gives some interesting theory about Yeon Hwa being the one poisoning King Moo instead of Wook. That could be true or false. We probably have to wait until Chaeryung and Won's death to confirm. But I do have to agree that Yeon Hwa likes to poison and she does not want to get her hands dirty. I think Yeon Hwa's leak to Yo and Wook regarding the whereabouts of Eun and his wife is not just to save her from having to be married off to Khitan but to earn So's trust later on, possibly using that to cause a rift between So and Soo and get So to agree to marry her. Because in the preview, it was shown that Yeon Hwa also told So the same information. She wants to use Yo to kill Hae So, to eliminate the one that takes both her brothers' hearts, like @bebebisous33 said, and the one that does not have to find a way to protect herself between life and death. All princes want to protect Hae Soo (except 3rd and 9th) while Yeon Hwa has no one to protect her. Even her own brother is using her in his plan. She sees no protection for herself and the only thing left is to find a way to live, a way to power even if it means to kill her siblings. It is not a crime to want to live. That line really matches with Yeon Hwa (not that I like her - I like the KHN's acting though). I like to go back about the system back then in Goryeo. All of them are victims of the system and it is true that they are not really doing anything to change the system. Even if they are attempting to change the system, they end up causing that system to stay in place or everything just goes so wrong like adding more fuel to the fire. Wang So will probably be the only one successfully changing the system but it only happens in his reign. If Eun and his wife did not die, then Yo would find them to kill them or kill someone else. That would still enrage So anyway. I definitely think that Yeon Hwa will be the one to let Soo know about her warning to Wook. Then Wook would be helping Hae Soo one last time (or could be breaking So and Soo one last time) so she could move outside the palace with Jung or something like that. Ji Mong's inability to see Yo's star as the king but a traitor is probably something in line with Yo's usurping the throne and killing Moo. Even though he becomes King, he does not get the support of the people and begin to kill anyone who happens to be hindering his path to stabilize his power and solidify his Kingship. So I think Ji Mong's words make sense but as in Yo becomes King by revolting (and also has no source for power).

• Like 22

1 hour ago, minekas said:

I'm not sure if this is a re-post as this thread is growing so fast and  I'm currently reading page 1115 :astonished:

We have already seen the 1st and the 3rd image of WS, at the rain ritual. When will we get to see the one in the middle, King Gwangjong, (other than the one in HS’s visions) I'm anxiousB)

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000660123&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

@minekas I actually think that 2nd image of So (the vision that Soo sees as him being evil) will be shown at the ending, not when he becomes 'evil'

Spoiler

In the C-version of the drama - after Ruo Xi dies, the 4th prince looks out towards the rest of the palace grounds solemnly because although he ended up becoming king, he still lost the girl he loved while the rest of his brothers (except for 13th prince) were all sent off to various places to prevent them from plotting against him. I think that they're going to play it off the same way for the ending in K-version.... After So becomes king, Soo will likely end up passing away soon after. Shortly after that, So will probably look over the palace grounds (like in the picture) and realize the lonely life that he'll have to lead as king - without the love of his life and with only 13th prince as his ally. If you notice in the pic, his eyes don't look like he's plotting something or what-not... I think it looks more like he's sad and lonely.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

The lyrics was Bittersweet ,still hoping for atleast they will meet again in the future, so i can get a happy ending:)

LIM DO HYUK – GOODBYE (안녕) MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO OST

Do you remember?
The one person who wants to protect you
My nose starts to tingle
When I look at you, feels like tears will fall

I love you, I only remember you, always
Because I want to protect you

Hide contents

Behind you, who is leaving
I’m looking at you as I cry

As you live, when you remember me
One day, when you miss me
You can always come to me
Even after time passes

Forever, my love
Goodbye, though I’ll miss you
For you, I’ll say goodbye
I’ll smile for you, who lives in me
Now goodbye

I love you, I only remember you, always
Because I want to protect you

Behind you, who is leaving
I’m looking at you as I cry

As you live, when you remember me
One day, when you miss me
You can always come to me
Even after time passes

Forever, my love
Now goodbye

Wait for me, as you hide the heartbreaking words
Just turn around, go without saying goodbye
Don’t look back at me

Words I want to confess to you
I couldn’t tell you yet

I will tell you
That the person I loved the most in my life
Is you

My love
Now goodbye

to be honest even though the song quite POP ... not BALLAD

but somehow i feel sad ....

• Like 8

I have watched episode 15 eng sub. My heart boiled watching this episode. So many killings, and that evil mother and son pair. :angry: Hong Jong Hyun's acting really improves in this drama, he must have been taking acting classes. (Good job!) And they keep calling Wang So gae (dog). That really annoys me. :angry::angry: And Wook trying to play a pity party. Every human being has a faculty of choice. Despite your circumstances, you can choose how to react and act. I hate people who blame other things, other people and not see from within that they indeed have a choice. He keep blaming his family and Hae Soo and not saying that it is his own choice from reacting that way. Is the path that he choose the only path???? And in getting to what you want, do you have to go the wrong path??? Wang So despite being cornered so many times, he still uses his brain for good and have a strong moral compass. He did not fall for their intimidation and think of a solution out like the case for Eun and his wife. Despite being send as a hostage and abandon by his crazy mother, he still has a heart. By the way, the last scene where Eun said to Hae Soo that all his wife has is only him and he chooses to follow his wife. Omg, that scene is so sad and touching. It tugs my heart. :bawling: :bawling:

About Hae Soo not trusting Wang So. Yes, she did not really trust him fully yet because her premonition came true. Love and trust can be a different thing. Though it bogs me that she still trust Chaeryung and not Wang So that it is clear like a daylight that only two of them who did the bath for the Crown Prince? Nvm, the writer want it that way. What she did not understand is that why her premonitions come true. Meaning the process to get there or what happen that cause the incident that she foresee. Time and time again Wang So was pushed at a corner, yet he proved that he differs from the crazy killing-frenzy wolf image people has of him. Eun might beg for Wang So to kill him one shot so that he can go with his wife. Wang So does not have love and thats what he wants the most. And he loves his brothers and the people around him and the palace so despite their evilness he did not treat them badly like how they did to him, he did not go for all-kill of Yo, doesn't he? Even Yo knows and say that. Wook might have killed Yo straight with an arrow but So duelled fairly with Yo. Why does Wang So have to be the good guy (despite his image) who deal with all these nonsense. :angry::angry:

So far her premonition all came true so the scene where Wang So turn into a ruthless Gwangjong most likely will happen. But for what reason that makes him turn ruthless? There will always be a reason. It most probably has to do with Hae Soo. Maybe betrayal or loss or something happen to Hae Soo. I heard you guys talking about miscarriage, my god..how crazy this drama is going to be. 

Hae Soo really shapes history by falling in love with Wook, the princes loving her, saying to Wook to be careful of Wang So then falling in love with Wang So, Wook become evils, brothers use her to get Wang So, for Wang So to be the King Gwangjong and all the things that happening. I think at one point she will blamed herself for all the things that happen (depression) and she ask Wang So to give her the freedom that he promised. Maybe, she will just leave and return back to the modern world. Someone who did the math before in way earlier posts, who calculates the number of years of solar eclipse etc. Can you calculate how many more years left for the next solar eclipse? 

But I truly truly hope like what PD-nim and Lee Joon Gi-sshi said that there will be happy ending. No, it must happen. Jaebal. There should be a modern scene where Wang So and Hae Soo will live happily. Modern Wang So saves her. And all the good people who will die like Eun and his wife, Ko Ha Jin saw glimpses of them in the modern world enjoying life.  :bawling::bawling:

P.S Only just recently we have the mutual and hot kissing and where are we now? Crazy. I have not seen a drama where so many ups and down happen in one episode and every episode since ep 10 and so many emotional rollercoaster. But i love this drama. 

• Like 17

9 hours ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

More speculation @韩版步步_惊心吧

After Ep. 15, C-fans think the separation is basically foreshadowed by what YH will do, she'll probably tell WS about the relationship WW and HS used to have. It won't be angst all the way until the last two episode - she guesses that after WS starts his reign, YH informs WS about the past "secret" relationship and ostracised HS. Somehow or another YH somehow has WS's weakness, when WS knows about this relationship he gets so mad that he marries YH, so she plays him in her hand and becomes Queen. HS is overcome with grief and asks for leave to find freedom. 

According to this logic, and as can be seen with WJ's affection for HS, it seems like the below scene is the same as C-BBJX where HS takes one last look at the cage like prison the palace stands for that withholds her one love and marries WJ.

So I went to check the Trailer: 

On the Eng Sub 6 Minute Trailer: 6"35 The accompanied line before this scene is :

HS: How wonderful it would have been if we met in a different world, different period

WW/WS: "I'm going to be King"

WS: "I'm not going to let you go"

I THOUGHT WS KNOWS ABOUT HER LOVE FOR WW BEFORE? SO IS YH GOING TO STIR THE POT AND EXAGGERATE?

i think my hatred for YH already top of the roof when i realize its her that made WE and SD lost their life ... really, for your own sake you sacrifice other life ... i just cannot

and if she doing it again later on as your analyze ... OMG! i just cant >,<

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, valsava said:

Wow my last post was on page 1106 and now the thread has moved to page 1180 I have yet to watch the 2 sub episodes and I can only imagine what all you guys had to talk about.. I'm wondering if WW got even more dark and scary.. Did he even suggest to WY to exile Ws the mutal kiss between HS abd WS did he even see it so much to read about and so little time to do it.. I refuse to read 74 pages because it would be no way to catch up with you guys. But after I have watch the episodes I'll comment then so happy chatting everyone keep the thread moving and I'll be with you on thursday.. Have a tight schedule  until thursday..      

Spoiler

hahahahaha I am switching in between the newest page, and backreading page 989 onward..and yes, I am still stuck at page 989...and I am still, the stubborn one, trying to backread all hahahahaha :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, riuenu said:

I believe most of us had hate Lion King Yo, but here is the special report for BTS of Prince Yo, before he turn into Lion King

Let take a look of how good looking Hong JongHyun is :blush: with special appearance of Kang Hanuel 

credit to http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=5224615&memberNo=19772794

Reveal hidden contents

I don't hate Wang Yo much. He is bad guy but he always show his thinking and his personality. Wang Wook is difference. WW always show his kind, talent and concert for eveyone while he is a evil. He exploited 9, WY and Soo in order to debate So and become the king.

Edited by LyraYoo
do not quote images
  • Like 8

Hi people!! Can someone fill me in please? Since when did Su actually fell in love w our charismatic So-- which episode was this shown?  I just feel that she's just humoring him and it's still not very believable to me. I read one of your comments that Su is no longer in love w Wook but again, I am not convinced. Looks like she still has lingering feelings ESP that part when she says she forgave him for not saving her when she was implicated in the poisoning of the crown prince. She told him his excuse was 'Good enough for her' 

The Writers have filled quite miserably to show the epic love of our main leads.  Hope it improves-- just watching it for Lee Junki.  

• Like 6

Hi fellow eclipsers

Truth be told that I haven't watched the SBS version of last night's episode.  However, my frustration over HS and her usual 'i-won't-trust-WS-cos-I-don't-want-him-to-kill-his-brother' concern was cast aside after reading the comments from this thread.  It was 30 pages worth of reading but it's worth it!  You guys are amazing.  It's as if I'm in some literature class and you guys are the professors/lecturers/fellow students contributing your opinion during class discussion :heart: Thank you so much for spending your precious time sharing your thoughts in this thread.

By the way, can anyone tell me what this is?  I tried google translate but not quite sure what it is.  Thanks again. :)

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, janny2812 said:

I don't hate Wang Yo much. He is bad guy but he always show his thinking and his personality. Wang Wook is difference. WW always show his kind, talent and concert for eveyone while he is a evil. He exploited 9, WY and Soo in order to debate So and become the king.

I dont hate Prince Yo much...he is pretty straight forward, villain with a likable character tbh

but when he turn Lion King..that is where my hate started...haha! Maybe I love SoHae couple too much, when I cant stand him keep calling So wolf, dog, and even worst in ep 15, making So his dog, threatening him with Soo life...

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, wackeemarie said:

netizen Joongi strike again...is he lurking in DC or somewhere that can read fan comment, or maybe here as well?!?!?!

If yes, annyeong!!! Joongi oppa hahahahahahaha, we will be happy, if everyday is Monday and Tuesday...spoil us with more picture on instagram k? :heart:

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, buzzzz said:

Hi people!! Can someone fill me in please? Since when did Su actually fell in love w our charismatic So-- which episode was this shown?  I just feel that she's just humoring him and it's still not very believable to me. I read one of your comments that Su is no longer in love w Wook but again, I am not convinced. Looks like she still has lingering feelings ESP that part when she says she forgave him for not saving her when she was implicated in the poisoning of the crown prince. She told him his excuse was 'Good enough for her' 

The Writers have filled quite miserably to show the epic love of our main leads.  Hope it improves-- just watching it for Lee Junki.  

For me HS is not really shown as "falling in love" right there n then..it is more likely the love seeped through the crack of her heart bit by bit. Again for me it started when she did the first make up for WS..I'm sure her heart was pounding back then coz she needs to hold the bracelet WW gave her just to reassure herself..but anyway..who's not going to fall in love with that pretty face inches away from yours.. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, riuenu said:
  Hide contents

hahahahaha I am switching in between the newest page, and backreading page 989 onward..and yes, I am still stuck at page 989...and I am still, the stubborn one, trying to backread all hahahahaha :sweatingbullets:

@riuenu   LOL Good luck with the baxk read.. I might try it..Not LOL

16 minutes ago, janny2812 said:

@janny2812  One thing I like about WY is his character has always been consistant, From the very beginning we all knew he waqnted to be King.. He never hid it so I give the writer props on him nothing has change about his ruthless since day one..

• Like 10