[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Guest Tinkiebell
4 minutes ago, hobeverly1212 said:

btw, there isnt a WS-HS forum up in the shipper site?

There's none yet, indeed. But you're free to create one. The same goes for WW-HS couple :) 

@Mau_Cherry 

agreed!! WS fear cause he knew that falling in love is something dangerous and now HS belong to palace just to make thing worse.. WS fpr now have no power whatsoever to protect HS in case of anything.. his feeling will make it harder for him to live in palace.. 

but i think most importantly he fear his feeling for HS.. WS is the easiest guy to read.. once he loves he will always love them.. just look how he still love his mom and now HS just teach him the real feeling.. imagine how deep his love will be.. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

What do you mean? Which scene did I miss? :vicx:

@LyraYoo I did see that scene so that means I'm watching the youku version? I generally watch it online.. so why there are so many versions in the first place? :S

Hello, @nearsea @ahriev & @Yippeuni I only noticed the difference after watching from 2 sites and then I saw this summary of the scene difference shared by @qwenli earlier

9 hours ago, qwenli said:

Seriously I dont know why this drama is making me do extra work! So I took a quick look at Myasiantv version (k version) vs what I recorded from TV last night, here are the differences:

1) someone had already mentioned about the dialogue between YH and Wook, so I look out for it. It appear around the 5mins mark in the k version. My Korean is limited (am still taking classes), but it was a serious conversation and I caught the last line that YH told Wook : Orabeoni (brother) you can be emperor too.

So this was clearly an important scene that plant the idea in Wook's head that he can be the king too. This was a long convo which lasted about 2mins,

Those watching the current half baked sub versions, will notice that the subs were about the general. Yes, for the international version, it was the scene the general talking to the king, which is also in the k version, but come after YH/wook convo and point2.

2) after the YH/wook, the k version scene cut Jimong applying medicine on the CP's hand. Which I consider an important scene showing the Cp's enzema problem. For the international version, the Cp screaming in pain all of a sudden in the medical hall was very abrupt because there wasnt an earlier hint that he has this issue. this scene is slightly less than 1 min.

----------------------------

I tried tabulating both versions and the international version is about 1 min 20 plus secs shorter than the k version. I still am not sure how and where they chop off the rest because the additional scenes in k version is about 3mins. Since the difference in both duration is only 1 min, and I cant notice the difference in other scenes, I assume they edit here and there to shorten some other scenes to make up for it.

------------------------------

Frankly, I consider that talk between YH and Wook as very important. Ok I can skip JM applying med. Perhaps they should have cut out IU singing. I love her but given a choice between an important story point and HS singing her love for Wook, I think I will take the conversation.  

In her room, when she is looking out at the moon, she already profess her love for Wook, so there was no need for her to sing at the party after the birthday song.

and if you needed subs, thanks again @fangurling123 & @liddi

3 hours ago, liddi said:

Thanks to @fangurling123's wonderful translations, I have reedited the subs for Ep7, incorporating both her and 4seasonswithIU's translations.

Links for this week's subs can be found in Avistaz or below:

Ep6             Ep7

I hope it helped and addressed your concern.

• Like 14

HS for me is someone who easilly trust and fall in love.. she been betrayed by her froend and bf and then BAM she meet WW who easily the most gentleman guy she ever meet.. he care about her in so many way and trust me all women fall for this...

but for me WW and HS love is real its just WW is the guy that put his family first and then himself.. the conflict will rise because he can't just risk everything because of HS... even his personality show that.. 

something BIG must happen for HS to decide that she will take off the bracelet and broke off with him.. in preview we can see WW open HS room and scream her name.. 

my take she can't take it anymore and ran away my predictions is with WS .. for what reason i can't guess it yet..

• Like 11

It's weird how the Goryeo princes think it's perfectly OK to marry their half sisters. I know they do it to consolidate their own powers within their family, but don't they find it gross even at the mere thought of it? Imagine holding hands and kissing and having babies with your own half sister. :sweatingbullets: And when the babies grow up, it's shocking for them to realise their mom is also their aunt!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, liltash85 said:

I get what you mean. but during that time, scar is a big issue. Wang So was sent off out of palace just because he had a scar on his face (thanks to his crazy mom). And we know that woman with a scar cannot be married to a king or any royals too. So, Wang Wook hid her scar so that she will not be look down by society. 

And about hiding the relationship, i think if their relationship surfaces, the one that will get a great impact is Hae Soo. Worst case she can get killed. That is why Wook is hiding their relationship while working on how to get HaeSoo her position back. 

Just sharing my opinion. 

Totally agree... and that's why I would be executed sooner if I lived in Goryeo... Hahaha

(Thank's God I live in 21st century)

3 hours ago, nearsea said:

I am absolutely loving Hae Su's philosophies day by day. I mean probably by now we could bind a book altogether by collecting hae su's words of wisdom lol. Like the best one today was how she said ' no one can save myself but me'. And anyone can may be connect to her as regardless how so many princes are staying by her side, she had to take care of herself at that very moment. And that sense of desperation and fear that at the end it's you who knows what's better for you. So Hae Su is one of the strongest character ever made in kdramaworld to me, [well I've not seen the original so the credit goes to the actual writer]. She stands up for herself in time of distress, even it can bring her life in danger. And then the way she says to NJH's prince, that we're supposed to die one day no matter if you;re prince or a popper. So why worry about status and position. May be the fact that she comes from a thousand year after century, her convictions are firm and clear, but then it's no joke as a nobody like her to do things right till the end even if it means you pay for your actions later on. I feel the character of 'Su' is written with lots of integrity and courage in mind. So it's refreshing in the world of dramas where heroines get to drag by hands and what not like they are some kind of property. And she takes a dig at that too, when the 13th prince said he could not 'claim' wook's wife lol. 

Wah... I definitely moved by your post. I like "Su character is written with lots of integrity and courage" part... And I agree with that, that is her charm. She's easily get attention/regognation from other and that's make her lovable but also hate-able (especially person that envious to her).

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

Now I am more convinced the Youku version is the most detailed version compared to DF ,One TV Asia and SBS. This explains why the loyalty  and the views remain strong (800 Million Views as of now)

Despite the complains about the OST and all (by I-nets and K-nets) that were used in Youku version, the storytelling is more diverse.

Youku Cut Scene ( Not totally as "DELETED" but it didn't make it to the cut in OTVA and SBS) 

1 hour ago, kentangbakar said:

eaa...I thought this scene include in Onehd/international ver, because I assuming the one that hdfree<dot>com is from onehd.

i want to ask for confirmation EP 1,2 & 3 have re-edited ver, EP 4&5 same for both version (?). EP 6&7 is have multi(international&korean) versions ? or more?

At first I chocked because I worry about the 3rd ver, but that's definitely the scene from International (S-One Asia). So I assume Youku is using the same ver as in S-One Asia.

If I not mistake all episode (1-7) have two version (International and Korean). First ver of 1,2,,3 is airing at the same time in International and Korea, but then in Saturday SBS airing the edit ver (better editing and better BGM). 4 & 5 even they are airing in the same time, the ver for International and Korean are different (not as much as 6&7 for the different, mainly BGM and editing). The difference in 6&7 getting worst (Cut and adding scene in Korean ver). Oh and the preview begin in ep 5 is different...

38 minutes ago, larinalove said:

So the other day I made my sister watch MLSHR, mind you she knows nothing Korean, hasn’t watched any dramas of them but I just couldn’t hold myself and told her to go on my laptop and just watch all 7 episodes I downloaded. So she did, she watched them all in a day without knowing anything about the story or the description of the plot line,she went in blind because I wanted her raw reaction.

Today, in my break at work I went out with her to have lunch and before we can sit she started telling me her impressions. She liked the story very much, she was fascinated by the costumes, dresses and the good looking guys (duh), she also loves IU, she says she is so sweet and beautiful also acts very decently . So I asked her what about the love story, she said and I swear this is true “I like WW and HS but I wish she will end up with the second lead because he is deserves to be loved and is more mysterious and interesting”, haha,  she actually thought he was her second love interes, so when I told her that actually WS was the lead she was surprised because at least story wise at this stage the love line is more about WW-HS, she has seen glimpses of WS-HS but she thought it was just like any other story where there are two love interests, haha.

Stay positive guys, hugs!

Sorry to cut

Hahahaha I laugh hard because of you. Your sister reaction is so pure, I love that. Makes me feel to drag my sister to watch MLSHR too (I already told her, but she refuse because it's historical). Maybe I have to try harder

• Like 16

2 hours ago, kriswu said:

I think, what he wanted to say was "That look in your eyes. I hate it like crazy...... It makes me fall in love with you more. I hate it when you look at me because I know I will never be able to look away. It makes me feel something I've never felt before and I hate you for making me feel this way. I hate it.^_^:D :wub:

I so agree with your post, I feel the same way I for one believe he loves her more than he himself wants to admit or believe.  I wrote about HS earlier and what she has been through and how she and WS have some pain in common. Maybe WS is afraid of love and maybe even being loved.  When he has lived without it you tell yourself it's just a weakness you don't need.  Not only does it mean opening himself up to someone completely.  It means breaking down all the walls he has built up until now to protect himself from it. Rejection and being abused at such an early age would place scars on anyone. The scar below his eye that he covers with a patch.  Isn't as large or as bad as the one that was left on his heart. The fact that HS treats him like his is no different.  Speaks and faces him head on without fear and looks at him beyond his scar.  Is like a double edged sward so amazing to him yet so terrifying as well...  How can she see me like this, looking beyond my scar as if it doesn't exist..

He is afraid to let go and let her cross that line but it's the way she makes him smile even laugh.  He may seem to be watching her from afar not caring so much but in truth he notices everything about her.  Every little thing she does and while watching her sing Happy Birthday and later watching her sing again you could see it in his eyes he was soaking every bit of her in... 

Some might wonder what would be the big deal why not give love a chance even happiness but I think for WS it would be like living in darkness in the cold up until now and meeting HS experiencing the world through her and her eyes. Like how even watching it snow beside her felt as if it was the first time.  How her light of goodness & strength shine and bring warmth to all those around her including him.  It's what he fears the most how do you live without that warmth and light once you let it in.  And maybe after having to live through the pain of his past WS just isn't sure he could live through that again...

45 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

I've been to a number of different sites and Scarlet Heart Ryeo is Number .1 viewed/downloaded. Here's a few screenshots

So sod the domestic ratings. Scarlet Heart Ryeo is a hit everywhere else. Eclipses ''Hwaiting'' \^o^/

Edit: Here's the deleted scenes at the lake where Wang So thinks about his growing love for Hae Soo, Love his little shake of the head at the end. He's totally in denial.

yeah .... hit everywhere but the domestic rating make me sad.

i know SH can't beat Moonlight but the rating should better at least 10% or more. below 8% was so-so poor.

• Like 13

So, from watching the episodes so far

I think the acting is good. I am moved by all the actors..

It is the editing of the shows that are causing the problem. Because there are times I am left.. wait why and when did that happen? Did I miss something?

I am glad this forum is here to help solve some of the confusion

• Like 8

loved this weeks 2 episodes

ep 6

• I like how during Hae Soo’s eonnie’s funeral they were all wearing white instead of how we wear black (western culture)
  • WS taking notice of HS
  • Wang Eun cheering her up with puppets and HS actually laughing
  • The princes learning modern slang

ep 7

•  
  • loved the birthday scene. the princes and hae soo all have such a good bond hahaha
  • i believe the birthday scene was the realization for WS that he actually cared for soo much more than he thought. he was so captivated during that scene that he didn't even realize it :o
  • that genuine laugh he had when he was watching hs sing happy birthday while dancing around. when YH came in he automatically noticed her and stopped laughing it seemed like he was thinking, 'i'm not supposed to be laughing right - stop!' - couldn't help himself
  • WS has colgate ad worthy teeth :D love it when he smiles and laughs...i like looking at all their nice teeth, i guess i have a teeth obsession :D
  • again more and more of HS-WS following each other/seeking each other out without noticing it, they are even standing in closer proximity to each other. (HS is totally okay with slightly touching WS like during the first scene they stumble across upon each other, WS now sits close to HS on the log etc)
  • i am having more and more appreciation for their costume design, all of it is so beautiful. HS looks great in that mustard yellow and maroon (?)

i was actually pretty confused with the last scene of ep 7, with HS's expression and what WS said but now after reading comments here i now understand it. i was in the mix if her stare was a bad thing or not (like he hated how HS had an expression of pity in her eyes/ felt sorry for him that's why he hated it or he hates how she's one of the only people that actually look at him as a person kinda thing (sees past behind his scar) i was just confused with the expression, i don't think the full expression that the actress was aiming for was conveyed but still great job on IU, out of all her dramas i think this is her best performance yet

on another note, i agree with some others that having all these other versions of the episode is kind of inconvenient lol please just have like one, if possible. it is like the team who is in charge want to try and cater for all audiences or don't know which one to release as the final so they publish all the versions

• Like 17

As we speak about sites to watch k-drama...

I wonder if anyone has post it or not (but even if it already posted, I think it's OK to post it again because the license isn't granted yet)

For all Eclipses, please help fill this http://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/ form so that the Viki team will try to get the license for Scarlet Heart : Goryeo (the official eng name that used in Viki) . It's sad that Viki cannot airing MLSHR because they didn't get the license. And it's also sad for all Viki user too (including me). I always depend on Viki to watch K-Drama.

Thank you very much

sc02.png

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Ah... the thread that never sleeps. There's no hope of me keeping up with Every. Single. Post.

I am utterly fascinated with what the writer is doing with So's mask. They've taken what could've been purely a gimmick and woven not only a character arc from it but also threaded that into the entire tapestry of the storyline. I'm absolutely blown away by the use of the mask to not only symbolize hidden pain, humiliation and family dysfunction but also as a device to draw together the leads, to make it a point of sympathy, connection and pathos. So's greatest shame will become the means where he will learn to surrender to love.

Whatever Yo meant for evil may end up being an instrument for good and ultimately for true love. (I solemnly promise not to go all Princess Bride on you all)

I am also delighted at how things are developing between So and Soo. His early confrontation of her in Ep. 7 was one of the best moments in the episode and wonderfully delivered by LJK. It was completely stripped bare of sentimentality and yet it was clearly dripping with deep concern. "You could have died! If you had cut any deeper, you would have died." So, the realist confronts Soo with the stark consequences. Things did go Soo's way this time but it could have gone badly wrong. It may have been brave but it was still foolish. This is no fairy tale, princes and court ladies have no power... and sadly there's no promise of a happily ever after.

Uk offers a fantasy. He makes promises he cannot hope to carry out. He is afterall just as powerless as all the others. So offers realism: Ever the realist, he says to her, “Did you think about what it would be like to live with a scar?” "This is a place that is hard to get into but even harder to leave."

That's why Soo-Uk cannot be. That kind of young love cannot survive the palace and all its politicking.

This is why I love So-Soo dynamic. It's not peaches and cream. It can't be. A man scarred for life and a mask. Who fully understands that the palace is a kind of prison. A woman who has travelled through time and is incident prone. Who is a fish out of water.

Their romance will be different... full of grit and having to navigate the reality of palace politics.

Just wanted to say that I love your post, actually, every time you post I am on full alert and attention to read it. I agree with everything you wrote, you described the difference between two love stories perfectly, it will be interesting to see how this will all evolve in the next episodes. WS-HS will probably have a lot of hardships but their love will be special and strong because of them and though it will be real and true. Can't wait for it to happen, even their small talk scene give me goosebumps, can't imagine what their love/dovey scenes will be like  :wub:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, roneddski said:

It's weird how the Goryeo princes think it's perfectly OK to marry their half sisters. I know they do it to consolidate their own powers within their family, but don't they find it gross even at the mere thought of it? Imagine holding hands and kissing and having babies with your own half sister.  And when the babies grow up, it's shocking for them to realise their mom is also their aunt!

Actually i think in the old days, the prince n princess dun see each other often. The prince go to prince training school and princesses go to a different set of tuition. 

They likely dun stay in the same place too, because the palace is so big. Different queens live with their own children.

But i agree, from our point, its gross:sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, arabela said:

No matter what, we have now a HS liking WW enough to think she can stay in Goreyo happy. I am not happy about this, but at least let see how different are this 2 relations and these 2 men - of course being on WS side I am biased  to see only some differences

• WW's gestures are always gentle, slow, tender, loving; WS's gesture till now seems to me sometimes brutal, explosive, impulsive, having (at least for me) more desire and tension; WW tried to kiss her, but he was slow enough for her to move away, and later he kiss her fronthead and appropiate, in the context of their feelings, WS will really steal a kiss, without warning and knowing her feeling, without her being able to refuse; WW embrace her with tender and knowing she liked him, WS seems to embrace her with a powerful sense of wanting, probably not knowing what her feelings are or maybe even when he asks himself if she is liking someone else; WW seems to care about reciprocate affection, WS seems possesive, intrusive, violent in his passion, there is something dangerous in the way he loves - ...me.. I like more WS's version of love
  • in a way, WW is somehow not determined enough for critical situations, and because of that he is caught in promises and regrets; he discover too late he loved his wife, and even then he was not quick enough to tell her in her last moment, I wonder how many time he says to HS : I promise that, I will , I am going , I am sorry, I should have; He is smart, capable, fight for what he wants, but somehow specially when WS is around, he isnt the real hero  - which in not his real fault, cause is hard to compare with WS when it comes to determined action :) ; unlike WW, WS uses more action and present verbes: he tells what is he going to do and tells HS what to do - this is why HS can say to prince 10th that if WS promise, he will give him anykind of gift no matter how hard is to get it - and he really does it! he really does!!! he can be trust to do what he says even if he promise to protect you or to get back against you - like the promise to her mother; he do what he is telling; unfortunately what he is telling is not always something good
  • WW is kind of "everything will be ok", reassuring, but WS is more practical and realistic - the talks in ep 7 - he is the only one who gives her advices for palace's life, scold her, warn her (You'll be in trouble), lecture her (You should work for your living) and belifes her she can manage (I suppose will be able to get through it); WW only told her not to worry, everything will be ok, and he will visit her often; When she was in danger to marry the king, he prays for his wife while WS  was threating JM and finding practical solutions; WW begg the King, WS tries to negociate; WW says Do not worry too much, WS says Watch hat you say in the palace; WW will be saying I am going to ask the king to let you leave; WS will say Want to runaway like this? I can if you want
  • and here comes I think another big differences till know: WS is a man who often transforms his pain in anger and attack- the pain of his mother rejection, the pain of his past trauma, the pain of seeing his brothers look when he takes off his mask, the pain of love - unlike WW, who will blame himself if something would happen to HS, WS was very clear - if she will do something to put her in danger again, like cutting her hand, he will not forgive her!; when WW felt HS was rejecting him he suffer and cry, but when WS is merely suspecting from her gaze that she could dislike him, he transform his pain and vulnerabilty in anger and hate (of course is not really hate)
  •  they are other differences in style, but the major difference I think is in their level of intensity - WS simply is more powerfull in his own style; he is electrifing, his energy is simply too much ; like when he grabs HS hand, kill the horse, slapt his brother, fight, found out he is in love, feel vulnerable, I cannot be impressed with the intensity of his emotions; even if WW style is not so active and energetic, WW in his own style doesnt have that intensity, in my opinion; but maybe is a matter of taste or this just for the moment;I have to wait to see if and how love and ambition will change each of them; 

do you see anyother differences?

well said... i think WS character is more realistic than WW. Definately i will fall for WS, because WW is typical man who loves to play with words. I hate that kind of man:phew:

• Like 13