[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

25 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

Result 100%, 7/7.  Ha, I must be a bigger Lee Joon Gi  fan than I realized, LOL.

Try Arang and the Magistrate or Iljimae. The King and the Clown movie is what made him a superstar.

Thanks..

Another ques:

So, as i understand last three dramas have all tanked in terms of rating.. and he hasn't been in blockbuster movies.. still a sought after actor is he?

• Like 2

Okay, guys this is my first time posting in soompi and posting in an english forum at that hahaha nice to meet you all fellow fans of moon lovers :)     sorry for my ankward english :3

The reason I'm here it's because I want to make subs for the SBS version of scarlet heart, I've been making spanish subs for my friends that don't have dramafever so I have experience with timing and everything BUT I don't know korean and I've been using dramafever's translation but as you already know these are incomplete for the korean edition of the dorama, so...

who wants to join?? I'll do the boring part xD just need the missing parts of the episodes, I think I'll be fun if we do it together

everyone will be credited of course :D

• Like 13

@Neng Erlina, @hiluna, @ferily

Just a little addition continuing from my earlier post on these princes in history.

I had the idea to try putting 10th prince Wang Eun’s Korean wiki article through Google Translate Korean to Japanese. Because Korean and Japanese have similar grammar systems, I thought Google translate might do a better job converting to JA than ENG. I am also learning Japanese.

These are the results I puzzled out that way, so there may be errors. ^^;

Wang Eun is known in history sources as 광주원군 (廣州院君) Prince Gwangjuwon.

According to the old Goryeosa, “It is unknown how he died. There are no records of a date or a gravesite attributed to him remaining.”

However, Historian Kim Chang-hyeon in his work Gwangjong’s Empire assumes that Prince Gwangjuwon was killed as a rebel along with his grandfather Wang Kyu/Gyu by King Jeongjong (Wang Yo). [Wang Gyu was also Wang Mu’s treasonous in-law, whose rebellion was put down with the help of Wang Sik-ryeom/Sing-nyŏm. Source, pp. 123-124.]

So, if the show wants to keep things focused on the princes and not the extended family, then the story might take quite a different route. I don't see Wang Gyu listed in the cast info on the Korean Wikipedia page for this drama. However, they do name Wang Eun as Wang Gyu's grandson in Wang Eun's description. There are many possibilities for where the story can go, indeed...

I also found another history website describing the time period.

• Like 14

9 hours ago, mimi said:

It's still clear that she has no exceptional voice and she was out of breath ....and  why would singing average to well  for this role be 'out of character'? Is HS supposed to be a bad singer? 

Spoiler

I am sorry but are you purposely trying to bring negativity here by your comments about IU's voice?! Because if you are then please take it somewhere else and just stick to the content of this thread. IU is a proven successful singer and not every singer has to have an exceptional voice but in the context of the drama she was not mentioned even once to have been a singer so yes it is out of her character to sing marvelously because it would not be believable. We know IU is a singer but we don't know that HS has ever been singer. Anyways, this is so irrelevant to the story that it makes no sense to delve too deep into it, she sang a song and it was a very sweet scene, that's about it, no need to over analyze it!  

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Thanks..

Another ques:

So, as i understand last three dramas have all tanked in terms of rating.. and he hasn't been in blockbuster movies.. still a sought after actor is he?

The height of his popularity was in 2006 after the movie the King and the Clown.  He then acted in Iljimae in 2008 which was a highly rated drama.  His projects since have not been as successful and he is not as popular as he once was but he continues to have a loyal fanbase throughout Asia.  In Korea, he is not as popular as he used to be and since his stint in the army other actors have taken the spotlight such as Yoo Ah In, Jang Geun Seok and Kim Soo Hyun.  However, everyone in Korea acknowledges him not only as a pretty boy (he was the one who started the whole fad after all) but also as a true actor with raw talent.  He is also the foremost action actor in Korea and does most of his own stunts and fighting scenes.  So in conclusion, today he is no longer the "it" boy (as a new one will always come up to replace the former) but he is a respected actor whose raw talent is fully acknowledged.  

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Adnana said:

@littleinvisiblenao Wow, thank you for posting this. It's a really big difference, and I definitely prefer the SBS version. :)

In fact, the SBS version of e06 was all around more WS-romance friendly, wasn't it, with all those added scenes of WS trying to help HS, involving JM. 

BTW, could someone please translate that line of dialogue in the SBS version, when HS enters the palace and is greeted by the princes--what does WS tell JM? And JM replies something like: I made a mistake. Thank you in advance!

Hi, do u know where i can watch the sbs version of ep 6?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

The height of his popularity was in 2006 after the movie the King and the Clown.  He then acted in Iljimae in 2008 which was a highly rated drama.  His projects since have not been as successful and he is not as popular as he once was but he continues to have a loyal fanbase throughout Asia.  In Korea, he is not as popular as he used to be and since his stint in the army other actors have taken the spotlight such as Yoo Ah In, Jang Geun Seok and Kim Soo Hyun.  However, everyone in Korea acknowledges him not only as a pretty boy (he was the one who started the whole fad after all) but also as a true actor with raw talent.  He is also the foremost action actor in Korea and does most of his own stunts and fighting scenes.  So in conclusion, today he is no longer the "it" boy (as a new one will always come up to replace the former) but he is a respected actor whose raw talent is fully acknowledged.  

oh talented he is.. immensely..

interesting tidbit, i didn't know the flower boy term was coined after him.. nice!!

hope his international stint opens up international arena for him.. and hpe he takes up a good thriller or a modern romcom and nails it asap.. (although i wonder if with his HW release and all, we will get to see any drama before 2019 :( )

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, chatiimoon said:

Okay, guys this is my first time posting in soompi and posting in an english forum at that hahaha nice to meet you all fellow fans of moon lovers :)     sorry for my ankward english :3

The reason I'm here it's because I want to make subs for the SBS version of scarlet heart, I've been making spanish subs for my friends that don't have dramafever so I have experience with timing and everything BUT I don't know korean and I've been using dramafever's translation but as you already know these are incomplete for the korean edition of the dorama, so...

who wants to join?? I'll do the boring part xD just need the missing parts of the episodes, I think I'll be fun if we do it together

everyone will be credited of course :D.

Darksmurf Subs have already got the K broadcast versions for Ep. 1-5 so if you'd like to join them, I'm sure they'll appreciate any help they can get when Ep. 6 gets segmented.

I'm on holidays next week so I'll be doing my bit.

• Like 9

Guys...as much  as SHR is addictive so is this thread. I watched episode raw and thought to sleep as its 2am but could not resist checking in here to check the aftermath of so mucj WS on screen and that close up done at end...* I am yet to come out of my SHRland*

Rest will be added onve I watch subs...but just one thing want to say...

WW putting the bracelet on HSs wrist covering the scar, is just like a mask  to cover it as WS has to cover his scar. So I'd say WW hasnt accepted her scar rather he is trying to hide it to make HS fit their society.  And I dint like that.  WS should kiss that scar of hers just as we wanted HS to kiss his scar to prove they have accepted each other completely with all flaws.

rest that preview WS looking up at her as she removes the mask...  and what was no shown was desperate hug scene....so waiting for next eposode now.

@bebebisous33 as yiu said how WW will treat WSwill have impact on WW-HS story.

Annyong everyone... m off to sleep to see my WS smiling today....

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

IT seems that your brain is functioning very well, even till late in the night!;)

I like your remark about the bracelet. I would like to add that by hiding the scar, Wang Wook is also hiding his failure. He couldn't protect her like he had promised. But like you described it, he is trying to make Hae Soo to fit their society. People with scars are not well perceived, actually they are treated like outcasts. 

What Hae Soo likes the most in Goryeo is the brotherhood among the princes and Wang Yo, supported by Wang Wook, is someone who hates Wang So and looks down on the others. From my point of view, Hae Soo is not close to Wang Yo and she will dislike him. In fact, all the others like Hae Soo for different reasons. Even the 9th prince likes her and helped her because she had defended Chae Ryun. Wang Yo supported Yeon Hwa, mistreated Wang So in front of her. So maybe she will witness more such scenes and I guess, Hae Soo will come to dislike Wang So's mother as she has a certain perception of a good mother. All this will push Hae Soo closer to Wang So as she will come to understand his loneliness. 

I swear I want to see HS kiss WS's scar...that is going to be sooooooo romantic...Please please please writer-nim please incorporate this scene in a future episode chaebal  ^_^:wub:

• Like 23