[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, IAmSoulReader said:

What makes Hae Soo special in So's mind are her eyes that always stare right back at him without even blinking. What ever side of him she sees, may it be the good or the ugly, the one thing she never does is to shy away from him or avoid his gaze. Instead she looks through his ice cold and intimidating surface right to his scarred yet beautiful and courageous heart. The fact that she is able to look at him as if he doesn't even have a scar is what actually changes his world. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. Hae Soo, even though she looks as fragile as a grain of rice, impresses Wang So with her immense willpower, her big heart and her undeniable sense of loyalty. Furthermore she is extremely far from being superficial. She is someone who doesn't want to be a burden, someone who is talented enough to draw people in without merely using status or beauty.  

But above this, what matters most to Wang So is the fact, that she is not afraid to look directly at his scars without even flinching. Her reactions show respect as she knows how much he hates it. But she herself doesn't even care about it. For her, a scar doesn't change anything about him, just like her own scar doesn't influence her character either. She is not scared to grab his hand or to hold onto him when she wants to stop him from hurting (himself). She doesn't fear him but instead enjoys his presence.  She treats him like an equal, not paying attention to any type of status and that is something he has never experienced before and probably will not ever experience again. 

Hae Soo is the only person Wang So will ever truly feel comfortable with. She is the woman that can break down his wall without even trying - no agenda attached. If he can ever be loved by someone wholeheartedly, it will be by Hae Soo who is just as much an outcast yet in the center of it all like he himself.
I praise Wook for trying to take care of Hae Soo as well as he can. However, in the end, the only one who really asks Hae Soo the important questions, the one who really listens to her deepest thoughts and the one who accepts her without aiming to change a single thing about her nature is Wang So. I am sure that'll be the exact reason for her to fall for him eventually. 

I love your thoughts! Hae Soo is defentely very special for Wang So from the very beginning-i mean the first horse ride:)

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, chubbz said:

Can't find that leaked script of the scene where So spoke up against Yo for Baek-Ah, does anyone have a clue who posted on which page in this topic? Thanks!

Not leaked script but @fangurling123 helped a lot and explained that Part - PAge 388 nearly at the end under the Spoiler.

edit: Sorry - not knowing about the Script I misunderstood your question. But gladly @ruizaio just answered.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, chubbz said:

Can't find that leaked script of the scene where So spoke up against Yo for Baek-Ah, does anyone have a clue who posted on which page in this topic? Thanks!

The camel part ended up changed in the actual episode, but here it is.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, littleinvisiblenao said:

Has anyone else noticed the different dialogue in ep 6 when So is riding on the horse with Soo? from the SBS vs the international ver? [...]

SBS:
HS: I didn't think you would help me too, Prince So
WS: I'm tired of seeing people's lives being controlled by others
WS: Something about that person being you bothers me even more

International/Dramafever:
HS: I didn't think you would help me too, Prince So.
WS: It's not because I like you
WS: I just don't want to see you live a life controlled by others
WS: It's really not worth living like that

[...]

@littleinvisiblenao Wow, thank you for posting this. It's a really big difference, and I definitely prefer the SBS version. :)

In fact, the SBS version of e06 was all around more WS-romance friendly, wasn't it, with all those added scenes of WS trying to help HS, involving JM. 

BTW, could someone please translate that line of dialogue in the SBS version, when HS enters the palace and is greeted by the princes--what does WS tell JM? And JM replies something like: I made a mistake. Thank you in advance!

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Hide contents

When I mean they it means 8th and 9th. 9th was also under house arrest and was going to be sentence but by ruoxi wish 8th and 9th death are by poison and it was handed to them by 13th who was alive and stood by 4th when he was king. 

And yes 4th ignore Ruoxi at the end because she told him the truth that it was her that warn and gave the list of people 8th should be aware of and because of that, 8th with 9th encouragement set a trap that was suppose to be for 4th but instead 13th took the hit for 4th that cause 13th to be under house arrest for 10 years. Because of that 4th decided to fight for the throne. Ruoxi whose health was failing wanted some peace and with 4th ignoring her, she decided maybe its best to leave and who can help her on that which was 14th cause she knows he can get her out of the palace but she didn't know it was the edict the king gave to 14th about Ruoxi being 14th concubine. She asked 13 to say okay to 14 and 13 went and told 14 ruoxi said okay so 14 presented the edict during a meeting with everybody present and that he asked Ruoxi hand in marriage and the king approved of it and 4th knows if he doesn't do what the edict says, historians can say he's not obeying what the past king said and that's a big nono with royals. 8th knew 4th isn't going to let Ruoxi go so he went and talk to 4th telling his love story between him and Ruoxi how they love each other promise this and that and kiss many times etc which angered 4th and so he ignore Ruoxi and she gets to leave. 13 told her if he knew that was her idea he wouldn't agree but Ruoxi said all she cares about is leaving and she got it. 

She lived a few months peacefully with 14th and she knew her time was ending soon since the doctors told her she only got a few months to live, she wrote a letter to 4th and when 14th saw the letter he notice Ruoxi handwriting is the same as 4th,every stroke every line is the same and he knew she still love 4th no matter what. And at the time in history of you mimic a kings handwriting, you are in trouble so he put the letter in an envelope and sent it to 4th saying it was his. 4th saw it but ignore the letter thinking 14th is up to no good. When Ruoxi died, she died in 14th arms outside where blossoms was falling. And the king was doing his paperwork and saw that they reported 14th concubine Ruoxi died and that's when it hit him. and he kept saying "Maertai Ruoxi without my permission you cannot die! you cannot die!" He later appear at 14th house and per Ruoxi she wished to be cremated and both 14th and 4th fought for her ashes but 4th got it and he spread it at the top of the mountain.

So basically when she died she never got a chance to see him one last time  

I'm pretty sure the kversion will do something similar to the ending of cversion not the same, same but have some similarities 

You see this?  This is my nightmare. Separated til the very end?! Dying in the arms of another?! He basically finds out from the equivalent of a freaking e-mail?! God, please k-version change so much of this. The people who initially told me about the c-version (prior to me diving into the k-version) told me bare bone facts that completely missed the spirit and tone. Phrases like "tragic separation due to misunderstandings" don't quite cover what I'm reading under the cut. I'm like a semi-blind puppy who has dashed into the path of the truck of doom. The more you guys reveal about the nitty gritty details of the c-version the more uneasy I feel about the k-version; I don't like this feeling. Damn it, there are reasons I don't watch c-dramas.

Question: does WS know about Wook and HS? I know Yeon Hwa strongly suspects; Wook's mother has an equally strong inkling; and Baek Ha definitely knows for sure. I guess I'm just looking for the confirmation WS knows there is a mutual romantic appreciation society thing between those two instead of what he sees with the rest of his brothers, which is them half-in-love with her awesomeness.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, briseis said:

It's too early in the story for the king to die. It's some sort of ritual or memorial - YOU CAN SEE THE KING SITTING THERE WITH HIS QUEENS ON THE LEFTPz6LVaw.pngThen while we see King, Queen and some number of Princes and the one we don't see clear (from behind) i think its Wang So and possible that the ritual of the official inclusion / acceptance into the royal family of our WS.

sorry for quoting photo

• Like 8

@theseasasleep 

that's basically why the novel is so famous.. their love story is heartbreaking and so beautiful at the same time... they love each other so much that they don't trust each other but can't hate either... when i read and watch the drama i will always thinking that can even love like that exist.. its really a reality love story.. sometime no matter how deep your love is if the fate say no nothing we can do.. the ending left me in tear and depress for week.. 

i sincerely hope and pray that they can have happy ending even if they cannot pls i begging the writer not to do such a cruel ending to our OTP..  they been through enough... 

i'm begging the writer , the PD and kdrama god plsssss give justice to my OTP..

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I disagree because he is the one who always supports Wang So. He reminded the king that So was hrt after the attack during the ritual. It was his idea to have So stayed in the palace.

@larinalove For me, WW is actually the rebound. We shouldn't forget that Hae Soo or better said Hae Jin was a victim, she was betrayed by her boyfriend and best friend. So when she arrives in the past, WW acts like a gentleman. He is kind and very supportive... therefore she falls for him so easily. But he is still passive the entire time. Even in the last episode, he never dared to voice his feelings in front of his father or his mother and the parents from the Hae family. Therefore she overlooks that Wang Wook is not able to keep his promises. He doesn't protect her very well.

It was really telling that Wang So was the one who waited for Hae Soo after she changed her clothes and received her orders. Wang So was waiting for her and Wang Wook had left. Wang Wook keeps saying Don't worry, yet he doesn't give her any advice, so unlike from Wang So. Wang Wook knows, she is a palace maid and I must confess, I disliked his actions in the last episode. He really reminded me of a Casanova. He is asking her to wait, he makes her leave the staff so that he can see her just for a minute. From my point of view, he is acting like a playboy in the sense that he can enjoy being with her, but he has no obligation towards her. He offers no concret plan. He is behaving just like in the past with lady Hae. If she hadn't died, he would have flirtet with Hae Soo and make sure that she loves him back and that's it.  Yes, Wang Wook looks so nice and gentle and he seems so perfect. But this is just superficial... Now, we see that in the next episode, Hae Soo will be mistreated. What will he do? Did Wang Wook go to his father and try to explain that he loves Hae Soo? So far, none of it happened. His sister talks again about marriage and Wang Wook is not willing enough to stop his sister to meddle: he could just say that he wants to marry Hae Soo. In my opinion, Hae Soo thinks, she loves him because he is treating her so well. So she is receiving his attention.

Hae Soo is getting closer to Wang So each day. Notice how much Wang So talks, when he is with her. Moreover, she is concerned about him the entire time. She noticed that he left the scene, when she was singing. She knew why Wang So left the place after the humiliation and she wanted to console him. She knew, he was upset. Interesting is that she is the only one who shows empathy, concern and care... something Wang So needs. Now, the situation has changed. Wang So has realised his love for her (at the birthday party) and he felt so upset, as if he had been caught by Yeon Hwa. Therefore he ran away... he couldn't let people know about his feelings for Hae Soo. The other reason he ran away later again and told her, he hated her eyes was in my opinion that he was afraid of her reaction. Wang So said, he wanted a woman to love him with hi scar and since he loves her, he fears to see her disgust in her eyes.  Finally I would like to mention that though Wang So helped Hae Soo too, the latter never considered it as a sign of love. I believe, the moment, Wang So decides to show his love towards her and pursue her, she will change her mind. Moroever, she will be disappointed by Wang Wook's decisions.  

Well said, and this is actually why I can't seem to bring myself to like WW's character. He feels superficial and is way too passive. He talks a lot but he really doesn't do a lot. Once he begins to fight for the throne, I do expect we will see him do more, but ultimately I wonder what kind of methods he will resort to. He definitely looks ominous in the long 6mins trailer. In fact I am a little scared of how he will behave when he and Hae Soo break up.

Needless to say, I do love the fact there are such stark contrasts between WS x HS and WW x HS. The dynamic of their relationships speaks for itself.

• Like 17

Oh please, Joonki's scar wasn't even that bad (I've seen far worse but that's another story:P) I like how everyone else turned away or shudder in horror over Joonki's not-so-awful-scar but only IU continues to make eye contact with him. Boy the PD must be really desperate for ratings with the many scenes of Baekhyun (to appeal to EXO-Ls probably:rolleyes:) or to include that scene where IU serenaded all princes to draw in further views. That other Prince seem like a good person, and I like how close Joohyuk and Joonki are getting. Poor IU she seem to go through so much turmoil in the palace LoL. What I like is her ever persevering attitude that is her survival during such dire times. 

• Like 14

seeing ep 7 raw: OMO, OMO, what a strong first scene with WS taking her hand!!!!

In that moment I liked WS so much, I can let go of his love story with HS - just have him in a lot of scenes, happy, sad, anger, posessives, jealouse, vulnerable, in love, determined, alone or with HS, happy or not, in this moment I can care less :))) just have him more!!!!

• Like 15

@theseasasleep I don't think that Wang So knows that Hae Soo loves Wang Wook. It was interesting to see Wang So asking Baek Ah because you could sense that he hadn't realised his feelings for her yet. He was asking more about his motives (why rescue Hae Soo). Striking is that Wang So didn't bother to ask Baek Ah who loved Hae Soo, when the 13th prince answered, he wasn't the one who loved her. Wang So was not curious enough. In my opinion, Wang So will have to deal with his feelings first and when he realises that Hae Soo loves someone else, this might trigger him to pursue her more actively.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, kimsunya said:

Chingu do you know the name of the song played during the death of HS cosin it has a tune like chinnese songs but  lyrics  are koreean

I'm sorry I don't know it. But it is a beautiful song. Here's a list of the released OST so far:

Spoiler

01. For You – Baekhyun, Chen, Xiumin (EXO)

02. Say Yes – Punch

03. I Love You, I Remember You – I.O.I

04. Forgetting You – Davichi

05. All With You – Taeyeon (Girls’ Generation)

@pwnkl

Yes there are two versions for episode 6. SBS re-edited what they broadcast in Korea. You can find the missing scene here.

• Like 10

Raws are out, didn't really watch it.. I skipped it to..preview for episodes 8.. and I did caught the last scene were.. So and Soo having confrontation, I'd just like to ask, If I happen to hear it right did So said something like this "That look in your eyes, I crazily hate it?"(don't have the time to back read atm). Oh god, LJK.. just the tone.. his voice is giving me chills.. the expression, emotion.. together were magnificently portrayed :wub: also props to Lee Ji Eun (people should stop criticizing her acting, she can act and she's notably exceeding expectations) the scene was so good, I'm having goosebumps :sweatingbullets:

@MadraRua Thank you! :)

Spoiler

I'm way behind the thread, gotta back read maybe 30-40 pages, although I randomly drop by.. Seems there's a change with our fandom-name? I'd just like to confirm it.. and if it's yes, what are we called now? :D thanks in advance.. also, does the SBS version and Oneasia (not sure) hugely differs or are there just minimal scenes that differ? and lastly guys, where could I watch both version? I'm done watching episode 6 but the subbed are missing for some scenes :tears: I'm not a premium member with DramaF**** and several streaming sites are the same (missing subs) help please (please inbox me the link:sweatingbullets:..Thanks in advance (Y) jjang!  (please tag me first and I'll message you, coz my inbox i don't know what's wrong but it's messing up and can't receive any messages)

• Like 16