[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

55 minutes ago, Adnana said:

We already know that there are A LOT of scenes that were cut from each episode because of the 1h-limit. I'm greedy for those scenes. I'm ecstatic that some of them were put back in the SBS version, or that they exist in the International version, if not the SBS one. In fact, if bigger differences between the 2 versions of SHR would mean more different scenes unique to each version--then I wish that the 2 versions were even more dissimilar.

@Adnana I get where you're coming from, and solely from a viewer standpoint, I would agree, because we are getting extra each week from different sources.

However, I will have to disagree with you and say that I pray for only one version going forward... that version being the best they could offer. After seeing different nuances from different versions on an episode to episode basis, I can no longer say for certain that the SBS version is always an improvement. Each version has its flaws. But for my sanity (and the sanity of fans out there), I hope that it all gets streamlined from here on. :sweatingbullets::P

• Like 10

6 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Okay people, I can't help but feel there's a lot of negativity creeping into the thread and while I'm all for critical thinking, let's not mire ourselves in the negative and focus more on the positives...

What I like about Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

1. Wang So

2. Wang So

3. Wang So

4. ..........

No seriously, I love everything from the cracking soundtrack to the beautiful costumes. What do you like? 11

105  105105

SHR does have its flaws but I can accept them.Nothing's perfect right?Overall,I love the drama.I love the cast,the unpredictable plot,the daily discussions on this thread,the BTS releases to ease our misery(or worsen it...).As crazy as this sounds,I even love the fact that there are 2 versions of this drama.Yes,it can get tiring and frustrating to catch up on both.But,I feel like I'm on a treasure hunt to find an artefact when I watch this drama.Haha like Indiana JonesB)

Hope a dvd can be released so that us viewers can see the WHOLE PICTURE(cut scenes,BTS scenes etc.) after SHR has ended:)

• Like 17

1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

Hmm.. I'm raising one eyebrow with this topic. 
Whether someone is gay or straight, is really none of our business. It's their private life anyway. 
Love is love is love and he/they should be free to love whoever they want, however they want. 
If anything, we should comment on their performances and works as actors, not their personal life. 

Find the gay person: ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
What's wrong, you can't? That's because they're humans too

Just to answer question from other forumer. No that I am saying it is wrong for him to be gay. Chill!!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, liddi said:

I will have to disagree with you and say that I pray for only one version going forward... that version being the best they could offer.

@liddi that's not possible. The international version has been sold to China, Singapore, etc etc , and these will not be edited.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, karynkkm said:

@liddi that's not possible. The international version has been sold to China, Singapore, etc etc , and these will not be edited.

@karynkkm I know that. I didn't say that I hope the international version will be edited. I only wish for both versions to be the same going forward, and that version being the best possible one. In other words, what I am really hoping for is that the international version will deliver from here on, so that SBS sees no further need to reedit much... like Ep11.

Time to start another rain ritual. Now, I'm sure I saw fern somewhere in the garden :P 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, qwenli said:

They say body language says alot if they are align....

IU and LJG hands same direction, same positin. IU hands and legs also facing LJG. :)

I noticed that, too. In all of their interviews.  Always leaning towards each other. Their body language says it all for me. ;):) 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Hanazumi said:

History-related post again! :w00t:

If no one has any ideas of what I'm talking about, go to the link below or find my post on page 995.

My three history posts about Moon Lovers!

Moo: Similarity to the drama is that he's a nice guy. He doesn't want the throne but he was destined to become the ruler. His reign is short-lived. He loves his brother. He cares for others.

Yo: Similarity to the drama is Yo was always after the throne and had the ability to govern though still lacking. Also, Yo's fighting scene at the end of episode 13 mirrors his character - he has the ability but lacks something to make it fully work as evident in his ability to fight the soldiers but then lose to So. His expression when he runs away to the cliff mirrors that.

So: Similarity to the drama is So went after the throne and was a very good ruler. So beats Yo in the fight scene of episode 13 and stops Wook from shooting with the arrow and Jung from fighting Yo - it mirrors his full ability. His expression while on the horse chasing after Yo was one with, I think, a combination of understanding and confidence, of capability. So also told Wook to not hunt Yo as an animal when he prepares to shoot. That mirrors the fact that according to history, he witnessed the game of thrones and he wanted to prevent that. He wanted to solidify the king's power and kept the nation.

Bonus:

- Someone already said this but Wook's preparation to shoot Yo with arrow shows his calculative, cunning side. Wook's expression while on the horse chasing after Yo was like a sly fox, deadly.

- When Yo was fighting the soldiers for his life in episode 13, So and Wook were standing together. I could really picture them working together in history. Maybe, Wook was really a man behind So. So shined in history as Gwangjong for all that he accomplished but Wook also could potentially have been the backing for So.

It is stated in history that before any nobles or powerful clans could revolt against Gwangjong, Gwangjong eliminated them first. He was able to control just like how he stopped Wook from shooting Yo and Jung from fighting Yo. He knew them. It also led me to assume that the other princes were supporting Gwangjong and Wook was probably one of them or a strong backer. Remember that Wook was the first one to say manse to Crown Prince Moo. There's no account of him going against Gwangjong so he most likely did a lot of backing (not saying that he did a lot of good things in history or evil things) for So in history. I did mention Wook's clan was unharmed (So married Yeon Hwa).

Maybe I am over-analyzing but I think I will analyze more scenes and compare them with the history. If anyone's interested, let me know because I don't want to take away the attention from the SoSoo ship and romance. I feel like I am becoming a history geek on Moon Lovers.

I love your history post. Keep it going

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, wackeemarie said:

@riuenu thank you so much.i very much appreciate your efforts in looking and sharing another avenue where i can watch it.

@wackeemarie keke, u are welcome, fans are pretty fast for BTS...kekekeke

Spoiler

This one is more completed with English Sub, Enjoy CHINGU YA! (:

• Like 15

59 minutes ago, berny said:

HA HA HA ...i know right...between the two ...IU is the one who's even more serious in practicing their lines, their scenes, she is in total concentration, and here is LJK being playful, could not keep still , and all ...ha ha so cute.
IU glanced back and her expression was like.. "What in the world are you doing Oppa!!!!??" 

LJK shaking his head innocently.... i cannot even...hahhahaaa this guy is too cute :lol:

NG on Kisses

He is all giggly every time they make NG on the kisses...hahaha... they get to repeat it again...that's why...y-ahhhhhh LJK you behave !!! :P

I feel like making mistakes on IU, because everytime I read this kind of comment my shipper heart can't disagree.:wub: I'm sorry IU, ... I'm shipping you with Junki. Please forgive me. Also for IU's BF. Mianhe

• Like 20

7 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Okay people, I can't help but feel there's a lot of negativity creeping into the thread and while I'm all for critical thinking, let's not mire ourselves in the negative and focus more on the positives...

What I like about Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

1. Wang So

i like everything in this drama. I superlike/überadore Wang So ( one of the best (built/performed)  characters ever, not only in kdrama, but also in literature in general and in every form/era.As someone put it befora it is a legacy.  I like the use of gros plans  (they seems like portraits and a portrait is a narration by itself). I like HS/IU, I like the evil queen,I like YH, I like JM,  I like the costumes, I like the hairpins, I like the hairdressing, etc etc. I like what is told, and what is left untold so that  we (the viewers) can complete it. I like that so many persons are moved and affected by this and, most importantly they want to share.and so many other things but that is enough for now.

What  I do NOT like a) that it is only 20 episodes. b) that though the writer of the kdrama create new characters ( the scar of WS was maybe the most genious plot device: it  gave a totally different dynamic to the story than the so called "original" and create  Wang So (the 4th prince of goryeo in 10th century  and its context,  and not the 4th of china in 18th century) - he is forced to follow the basic storyline of the so called "original" ( I suppose, because the so called "original" was already a hit, and the procuction wanted to play safe ( i would say, if this is the case, then they played stupid). and also I do not like that in 20 minutes I have to leave for 4 weeks to  china for b&p, and I  will not have the time to be around.  I kiss you all

min-jun aka fengari, aka sophia

• Like 9

7 hours ago, junee22 said:

Sometimes...I wonder....if the number of this thread followers could be considered a good thing or a bad thing...I don't know...is it too many too much? I didn't say it's good thing or bad..just a wondering voice inside of me...I feel that lately there are too many things that stressed us all..I want to quote someone on another drama thread I've found recently...I guess this sentences could be implemented here also..I'm pretty sure there are some of us who already said something similar...but I guess many of us had already forget about that...and I'm sad....very sad..because we clearly forget about this ::tears:

"So i hope on the next few episodes, you get to enjoy the drama the way I do.. Just a friendly advice to you and all the viewers, keep your expectations low, focus on the good ones and if you think you cant feel watching it anymore, just drop it, a drama is supposed to entertain you anyway"

(credits to @ashvaugn )

And no...I'm not dropping this drama..still want to end the journey that we all had started together...I know we all have different opinions but if you keep on focusing on pointing out the flaws here and there...then why would you watch the show anyway? Just drop it or leave it...or you can join with some of us to have a little fun and/or imaginations. 

Well said @junee22 .Absolutely agree with you.Like King Taejo said...

"Do not get so hung up on the future that you lose what you have now (ep12)"

It's as if he knows what's going on in this thread:PBut really,if you can't handle it anymore then don't torture yourselves.And after all,it's Just A Drama.Enjoy the current plot and just go with the flow...because at the end of everything,you think of not just the ending but about the whole progression of the story.Don't expect big things,it's the accumulative little things that can bring joy or surprises.So kick back,relax and enjoy the show:D

*I do not mean to offend anyone.Just my opinion on the recent increase in negative thoughts.Still,pls share what ever views you have.My point is that pls don't be too upset or negative thinking.There are two(or more) sides to every story...

P.s. Anyone knows how to insert pictures via phone?Pls help/teach me how to do so:lol:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, whyo said:

Me too... the point when I totally in love with him and there is no way out was when he throw HaeSoo from his mustang. LOL.

Am I weird loving that? That scene made me fall in love really deep into this drama. It was unexpected and just make me "woah....." and mesmerized for quite a long time.

Hide contents

me: :scream::flushed::love:

Speaking of the first meeting between Hae Soo-Wang So in comparison with the first meet between Hae-Soo-Wang Wook. Maybe I'm a weirdo too but I find Hae Soo-Wang So scene having a lot more chemistry than this:

ml6.jpg

I like KHN in this drama but I dont know why I find his gesture too theatrical

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Evangeline Yang said:

From Baidu (Episode 14): 解树脱去了侍女的衣裳,重返茶美院。她与昭的感情却是剪不断,理还乱。不仅是昭,解树自己都不知道应当如何对待昭执着的爱恋。出于报复心理,昭决定迎娶王的女儿。武自然为昭愿做驸马欣喜,可昭和解树这对怨侣却心事重重。武虽在战功上得父王赏识,可在治国上仍有所欠缺,时常感觉力不从心。旭正是要借此,逼迫武禅位,让他名正言顺的登基。不过他的做法没有得到母亲的支持,皇甫氏看出他是为了解树才会做出这种大逆不道之事。而武将要再次经历阴谋造反。

They got this synopsis from http://movie.daum.net/tv/episode?tvProgramId=72388

In summary, the above said So agreed to marry 2nd King's daughter out of the mindset of revenge (or is it disappointment)? Well we kept saying YH should get married to So in order for Soo to wake up. Now we have another marriage that surely will wake her up from the picture. She was shocked and seem like So never told her about it. Okay, this is the negative side.

I am happy to see the kiss we all waiting for. But I always feel the teaser always mislead us. Somehow I feel I wish this little girl get married to Wook if not how Wook can ask for the throne so openly plus up to the point of So bringing general Park and Baek Ah for revolt, his hairstyle is still the hairstyle of an unmarried man and even if he is marrying the little girl, I guess it will happen only after he be a king in order to protect 2nd King's bloodline. I a bit sarcastic that this arranged marriage is what lead to Soo actively seek out So after it slapped into her face how she wasted all these times. Plus some spoilers showed us how So talked to her when she was back to being court lady during the BTS and how formal she is.

My heart is so aching for Monday and Tuesday to be here soon and I hope Soo will run with So to escape from evil but cute Lion Yo.

I agree with you there in saying that the preview always misleads us. WS's hairstyle isn't of a married man so he might not get married in episode 14 but he might be in ep 15 (although you never know). I've seen the BTS you're talking about and I think that might be in ep 14 at the start because I doubt HS and WS will jump straight into a relationship. HS looks very happier and a lot like how she was at the start of the drama so I'm quite sure they're going to show the transition from her depressed version to her happy version which explains her formal behavior in the BTS.

• Like 17