Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

• Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

Just now, moon_nebula said:

Random note before I go to bed, but this is probably my favourite scene of EP 13:

rwiceh3.png

CU5FA11.png

HECK YES IT WON'T BE EASY BECAUSE THE SHIP HAS SAILED AND HER HEART IS ALREADY WITH ANOTHER.... SO-SOO HERE WE COME!!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

I think Soo has fall in love So but she has not  realize that. I am looking forward the kiss scene between So and Soo.

• Like 13
4 minutes ago, special_bee said:

WOW, i'm giving you my standing ovation, when i was doing my final project, all i can do is feeling stress and no drama would do with me LOL

I do feel stressed everytime I open my PC or laptop to continue my final project. I still have to revise my mistakes on the definition of variables. Thank God I found this drama to release my stress. Everytime I wake up in the morning, I always think about my final dissertation LOL.

4 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I agree. I think in history, regardless of whether Wook was a bad guy or not or a coward, he gave birth to a son (King Seongjong) who took the nation through the 1st Goryeo-Khitan conflict, a daughter (Queen Heonae - Empress Chunchu) who served as a regent for her son (King Mokjong), and a daughter (Queen Heonjung) gave birth a son (King Hyeonjong - illigimate child with Baek Ah) who took the nation through the 2nd & 3rd Goryeo-Khitan conflicts. He died in the 20th year of Gwangjong's reign. So I think he definitely was a man of talents, just not sure about his character. He could be a great man or an evil man (like in the drama). LJG and his character are beyond words to describe. I'm a fan of his for a long time. But I have to admit Wook's character intrigued me and I don't think anyone can portray Wook like KHN. That role was for him even if LJG is beyond outstanding. In addition, someone mentioned that Wang So's reign kept the nation together but his line ended. Goryeo continued with the descendants of Wook and Baek Ah. Both wanted freedom in different ways. Wook wanted power and Baek Ah wanted to be free. I did mention that So's name meant the sun on the edge and Wook's name meant the rising sun. It really fit So's reign and Wook's posthumous honor as a king.

Woaaa, chingu, you are so daebak in history. I actually find his character to be really talented. The only flaws are just because he blamed wang so for what yeon hwa did in the drama. Besides that, actually I find him really gentle and smart and most importantly husband material lol. It's just wangso being so swoony that I can't even look at wook in the same way. The writer must have been doing deep researches about wangwook and his descendants that make him/her choose wang wook to be the intelligent character for the 8th prince like in the c-version.

• Like 14
1 hour ago, Hanazumi said:

I agree. I think in history, regardless of whether Wook was a bad guy or not or a coward, he gave birth to a son (King Seongjong) who took the nation through the 1st Goryeo-Khitan conflict, a daughter (Queen Heonae - Empress Chunchu) who served as a regent for her son (King Mokjong), and a daughter (Queen Heonjung) gave birth a son (King Hyeonjong - illigimate child with Baek Ah) who took the nation through the 2nd & 3rd Goryeo-Khitan conflicts. He died in the 20th year of Gwangjong's reign. So I think he definitely was a man of talents, just not sure about his character. He could be a great man or an evil man (like in the drama). LJG and his character are beyond words to describe. I'm a fan of his for a long time. But I have to admit Wook's character intrigued me and I don't think anyone can portray Wook like KHN. That role was for him even if LJG is beyond outstanding. In addition, someone mentioned that Wang So's reign kept the nation together but his line ended. Goryeo continued with the descendants of Wook and Baek Ah. Both wanted freedom in different ways. Wook wanted power and Baek Ah wanted to be free. I did mention that So's name meant the sun on the edge and Wook's name meant the rising sun. It really fit So's reign and Wook's posthumous honor as a king.

@special_bee@sunshinefate Also, some more historical information if anyone's interested. According to history, it was rumored that Yo and So worked together to get the throne from Moo. So and Wook became in laws (Wook's sister married So and Wook's children married So's children). And for So to marry Wook's sister in history, that added to my assumption that he was probably a powerful man or even respectable or his clan was powerful. Also, the fact that after So's son died, it was Wook's son who became king, not the son of any other princes. And when Mokjong (Wook's maternal grandson died), it was Baek Ah's illegitimate son with Queen Heonjung (Wook's 2nd daughter) who became king. The line of continuation had to have Wook's bloodline in there.

So, it's too bad that there's no bromance between So and Wook in the drama but perhaps, they did have bromance in history.

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

I do feel stressed everytime I open my PC or laptop to continue my final project. I still have to revise my mistakes on the definition of variables. Thank God I found this drama to release my stress. Everytime I wake up in the morning, I always think about my final dissertation LOL.

Woaaa, chingu, you are so daebak in history. I actually find his character to be really talented. The only flaws are just because he blamed wang so for what yeon hwa did in the drama. Besides that, actually I find him really gentle and smart and most importantly husband material lol. It's just wangso being so swoony that I can't even look at wook in the same way. The writer must have been doing deep researches about wangwook and his descendants that make him/her choose wang wook to be the intelligent character for the 8th prince like in the c-version.

Thank you. I know. I actually have to applaud the writer for all her hard work researching about Korean history and the symbolism through the water,...

• Like 15

@sunshinefate You really are excel in history don't you, if you have any references about it, please do share with me :) btw i began to dig the korean history after watching Queen Seondeok, and that's make me a saeguk fans LOL, but as for my own country history, i don't even give a slightest interest about it. I am so done LOL

• Like 7

I didn't have the chance to put up my comment yesterday and I didn't know if anyone had said this before (it is really hard to backread everything.) The words that struck me the most and gave me a goosebumps when watching ep 13 was the one wang wook said to YH.

I WANT TO APPEAR FLAWLESS.

This. These words he said defines who he really is. The truth behind his mask. He strives to appear flawless every minutes, which makes him look coward, undecisive before this. His lack of active involvement is because he don't want any mistakes. He keeps on calculating is next moves and weighing every options before doing it.  

• Like 16
8 minutes ago, special_bee said:

@sunshinefate You really are excel in history don't you, if you have any references about it, please do share with me :) btw i began to dig the korean history after watching Queen Seondeok, and that's make me a saeguk fans LOL, but as for my own country history, i don't even give a slightest interest about it. I am so done LOL

Do you mean me or @sunshinefate? She was quoting me so I was responding to her. I read sources from the Vietnamese wikipedia and English wikipedia and used my history experience to bring everything together or synthesize. I think synthesize is the better word in this case. I don't know Korean so I can't read from the Korean wikipedia. Plus, the history book about Goryeo is in Korean. But I may write a long post about possible stuffs in history during this time between So and Wook later on and combine what I've written above, too. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, cmluv said:

What I like about Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

@cmluv  Even though I'm a die hard fan of LJK, I really just can't pin point it down to one actor even though he doing a damn fine job as WS but I like all the princes and the other supporting cast, Also the remake of this drama from a crative point of view I find done well I have been prasing the writer for this and happy to see the remake is doing so well among the international audiences.. 

• Like 16
10 hours ago, mabelialong said:

what the number of LJG  followers before scarlet ryeo airing ? just want to know comparison

around 350K before MLSHR...  sorry I dont know why it sent twice, please ignore 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Do you mean me or @sunshinefate? She was quoting me so I was responding to her. I read sources from the Vietnamese wikipedia and English wikipedia and used my history experience to bring everything together or synthesize. I think synthesize is the better word in this case. I don't know Korean so I can't read from the Korean wikipedia. Plus, the history book about Goryeo is in Korean. But I may write a long post about possible stuffs in history during this time between So and Wook later on and combine what I've written above, too. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Chingu, the one who excels in history is @hanazumi not me lol. I only read the gwangjong's history and his wives and also his descendants not the other princes like @hanazumi read. Lol, we must be a bad citizen who don't know much about our country's history but we know about gwangjong, taejo, wang wook, queen sinmyeongsunseon *CMIIW*:D from what I see, So and Wook will not be joining forces as the history recorded about their bromance. But, we don't know if they decide to make them join forces just to destroy each other. Looking forward to the development of the battle of the throne.

I wonder why I could not mention others even I already used @ in the front of their names? Can someone enlighten me about this? I used to be able mention someone in blue box like you all do.

• Like 10
20 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@Hanazumi @ratgirlina @valsava "I heard about your plan from Wook. I was on my way back after receiving a letter" I watched Eng sub SBS version on KissAsian site and the above quotes are from there.  Of course, I do not know whether this sub was accurate as I don't understand Korean :) May be Korean speakers can help verify the conversation. From this, I got that CP was already on his way back to palace after receiving WW's letter and I assume he met Baek Ah on the way back as they came back together.

Don't know why my screen shots do not show up though I copied and pasted pics. I cannot do attachment either. I have no personal website either so not sure how to post my pics :( So, technically inept :(:(:( 

The reason I mentioned the fact that WW contacted CP before Baek Ah reached to CP is for the sake of its importance on showcasing how cunning, calculative, clever and vengeful WW's is.  First, he wore armor to attend the banquet as he was already prepared to counterattack WY if WH's attempted assassination happened (in ep 12, he told his sister that he does not want to be upsurper of the throne but hero who attacked the traitor and that's why he stayed in WY's shadow. He was never on WY's side). However, at that time he was not too clear of the extent of WS's feeling for HS yet. Then, he overheard WS proposal to HS outside the banquet and the king lost conscious naturally.  Now, he saw WS more of a threat especially regards to HS's affection.  He also heard that WS would sacrifice everything for HS, would only become King for HS and he became very jealous and vengeful towards WS.  He realized that WS's has always been on CP side and he needed to make CP doubtful of WS loyalty.  Thus, he decided to get rid of WS by making him seem like a revolt and he asked his sister and his clan's army to block all the exists out of the capital the next morning so that WS could not get to CP. 

WW then tried to test HS's loyalty towards him and her feelings for WS by giving her incomplete information to trick WS.  He told HS of third prince and his planned attack to King's palace w/o telling her he already notified CP NOT ONLY to test HS's feelings and royality to him BUT ALSO to try to have proper reason to kill WS. However, he miscalculated the timing of CP's arrival and did not expect that WS would find a route to send Baek Ah to notify CP.  He made it seems like WS & General Park surrounded the king's residence and try to take the throne for himself, he and WY killed WS, then WY himself wanted to take the throne and he defended for CP by the time CP arrived. This way CP won't punish him for killing WS and general Park but would feel indebted plus he would be able to get rid of big CP's supporters and his love rival!  

There is no way that WW know Baek Ah left from unknown route as he did not know about WH & BA relation. He could not have sent letter to CP after BA left as it would take 2 days to reach CP.  Even if WH and BA used short-cut, CP and BA would NOT have arrived the next morning if CP was not already on his way back to palace since BA & WH were still resting at the forrest the night before.  Also, WW already told HS that she alone would not be able to reach to CP and knew that YH already blocked off WS leaving the city.  He was so sure that the only way WS could do after he heard the news of palace coup from HS (before CP arrived) was to defend them with army which would look like WS is trying to take the throne for himself.  That's what WY accused of General Park and WS when they arrived to king's palace with army.  WW probably already knew about CP's illness (plus CP is a lot older than him) and the throne would be passed to him after getting rid of WY and WS.  He was very cunning, trying to kill three birds with one stone except CP arrived before WS was killed and HS eventually found out about his move using her to kill WS (HS said that in her conversion with WW that he was trying to use her to kill WS and how could he do that after knowing she felt so miserable the fact that she caused Lady Oh's death.

@zi4r Ww has always been clever and is someone with big ego though he did not show it till ep 12. He seems to find ways to blame others or find other faults to make himself less guilty.  Basically, he has "narcissistic" personality if not as extreme as "antisocial".  He is very charming and considerate to others (to his wife, HS, brothers, and even to poor citizens) but deep down he only cares about himself, thinks he deserves the best because of his family background as well as his talent in both literary and military, blames others not to make himself feel guilty and does not mind to manipulate others not to make his hands dirty and achieve his goals (eg. using WY's hands to kill the King and WS). 

@kyar7jizhenll Well said chingu,  Your perspective on Wang Wook was so spot on. After finally seeing it with subtitles I find Wang Wook really scary . The entire time they were waiting to hear the new of the King all he cared about to see if Hae Soo will betray him. I think even though WW dislike WS he  is truly underestimating him. He think So is just a dumb jock but he has another ting coming.  Chingu, did you see how quickly WW bowed and Haile to the King! LOnf Love the king (I know it isn't the same wording but you get what O am saying). CP is crying because he lost his father, WS cried and WJ cried for TaeJo. The rest just stood there like WHO GIVES DAMN OR  THINKING OF WAYA TO GET THW THRONE.

What seems to be bothering me now chingu's is his Sister and where does her loyalty lie. How the hell are they going to get WS and YH married? WW is trying to kill WS, WW is trying to take the throne from CP and CP is shocked at his behavior. I feel real sad for the CP because he started to trust WW. The man who was pretending to work with his enemy .But I am just glad that  CP knows the only to protect his family is Wang So. I am also amazed at how WW chose to hurt Hae Soo with the knowledge WS is getting married. 

8 hours ago, valsava said:

Hi @kyar7jizhenll  I just read your post and loved it because this is just how cunning and calculating he is, Your are so right he was trying to kill 3 birds with one stone and it backfired this is why I think he would try and use the CP/King daughter to gain the throne..

My conclusion for and ending is that Wook kills it's either him or YH these have the biggest reasons to kill her

I say it over and over again this drama can stand some more episodes.

Well got some pages to read catch up with you guy's later

@valsava... Chingu, I hope neither of them ever kill that little girl. If YH or WW get that little girl killed I don't think they deserve to live . 

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Chingu, the one who excels in history is @hanazumi not me lol. I just read the gwangjong's history and his wives and also his descendants not the other princes like @hanazumi read. Lol, we must be a bad citizen who don't know much about our country's history:D from what I see, So and Wook will not be joining forces as the history recorded about their bromance. But, we don't know if they decide to make them join forces just to destroy each other. Looking forward to the development of the battle of the throne.

I wonder why I could not mention others even I already used @ in the front of their names? Can someone enlighten me about this? I used to be able mention someone in blue box like you all do.

@special_bee sunshinefate wants to mention you. Just type in @ and then the name. Then like possible usernames should appear and select it. That's what I do.

Yes, I don't think So and Wook will join forces. But then if Wang Yo harms Hae Soo, there's a 50% that they will join forces even if So marries Yeon Hwa. That, we have to wait to see. I could be wrong or right.

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

@special_bee sunshinefate wants to mention you. Just type in @ and then the name. Then like possible usernames should appear and select it. That's what I do.

Yes, I don't think So and Wook will join forces. But then if Wang Yo harms Hae Soo, there's a 50% that they will join forces even if So marries Yeon Hwa. That, we have to wait to see. I could be wrong or right.

I already did that, chingu, but it still does not appear. That's why I always choose to quote others' posts. 

5 minutes ago, riuenu said:

yeorobun!!!! I jump out of no where I know...actually I still at page 913 reading....BUT...HERE COME THE PECK BTSSSSSSSSS

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1156995

ENJOY CHINGU YAAAAA....I post here before I start watching, the header picture making me go crazy already..so if I double post, SORRY!

And I believe with this BTS, we will hit 1k pages..1000 here we comeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh no, chingu, you post this and I'm going crazy again for this couple lol.

• Like 15
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner