Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

I have finally seen the last two episodes. Wow....if only I had time to read your comments.

The episode 13 throw me back to the water symbolism... Hae Soo musuri for 1 year (if I am not wrong), enough time to heal, cleanse and clear everything that happens to her. It's time to re-enact a new version of her, stronger, wiser, more cautious. I think her conversation with the king it's pivotal for her. The King behind his mask of coldness and detachment has a true understanding of things happening around. He seemed to be the only one that step out of general blindness and question her identity. I mean along the episodes I was continuously asking myself...there's really no one curious about her at all? That conversation was for me the most significant scene of that episode because in short what the king said you're not who you pretend to be, I know that, I acknowledge that. But you are here for a reason, to secure what's meant to be and not to significantly change the course of history, because you know what;s going to happen. That conversation is so dense and full of meanings, and completed by the scene of king's death. I need to watch it again cause I'm sure her hesitation in admitting who she is, is more related to admitting to herself more. King's words about focusing on present that concerning about the future might gave her the necessary push to settle things on their path. 

I was thinking....if the king new Ji Mong is one of a kind, I truly admire his strength and wisdom not to be lured to find more about future. I guess he was too busy to watch the games of betrayal and hunger for power in his palace. Was that timeline so prone to distortion that needed to time travelers to keep things in balance?

I admit that I'm more interested in the way of depicting true nature of each of the two princes than anything. Her conversation with Wook near the water. During the night. As always darks and shadows. I cannot despise Wook, nor pity him. Just observe and understand his motivations, his triggers.  There is no real bond between them, she's is love with his social mask, and he's too consumed by what he might lose if he abandon himself to love. Each of them has to learn a lesson: to trust, to become emotionally mature, to accept defeat. 

• Like 17

tumblr_oejs0qmWZY1tdfsf6o1_540.gif
tumblr_oejs0qmWZY1tdfsf6o2_540.gif

I’m sure you guys noticed it. Or not? But she keeps her HAND on his THIGH and then he puts his hand on it. His face seems dorky and it looks like he was saying ,, Stop staring at me. Look at the stars.’‘ Is it after some serious Soo’s confession? He asks her about them in this scene in preview so they’re talking about their relationship for sure.

• Like 18

7 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Is it just me or does the beginning of the SBS preview seem like its mixed from two episodes? One where HS is wearing the blue outfit and doesn't seem happy and the other one where she's wearing court lady outfit and is very happy.

Which one do you think happens later?

yes, I have become wary of SBS preview and spoilers. I believe some scenes will happened in ep 15 not ep 14 :)

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

I lurk on the Reddit forum and someone posted this:

Can anyone here corroborate the above? Did MLSHR pull a Cheese in the Trap?

I understand KHN is a good actor but COME ON Lee Joon Ki is probably among the very best of Korean actors!!!! It would have been so much better if they gave more time to him as WangSo and I think the Korean audience likes LJK more, didn't the ratings start to go up when he got more screen time?

Edited by aparr
  • Like 16

6 minutes ago, valsava said:

@violet90  I'm so hoping this is the big twist on this story if not I'm going to be mad, Now what I'm more skeptical about is this marriage to the CP young daghter, How is it that Yh becomes his Queen and not the CP daughter did Yh and WW threaten to kill the lil girl because I know he married her as a favor to the King to protect her because she has also become a pawn in this game of chess..

Also WW asking the CP to give him the throne I bet he's making him choose. 

i think when WS married to YH for power cause he need Hwangbo clan help to fight WY and their agreement is YH will be the queen and not the lil girl.. also that lil girl only married to WS for her safety cause CP know WS will be able to protect his daughter... and yes WW will be a manipulative lil brother to CP but i guess before CP can decide WY will revolt and gain the throne...

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

The director probably did. I personally think it would have been better to evenly divide out the romance time for Wook/Soo and So/Soo but overally, I appreciate the hard from the cast. And I think thanks to the slow development, everyone will totally support So/Soo and move on board to see the ship sail. The evidence is everyone is clapping for So/Soo after today's episode. So I'm guessing they were trying to stay on the same sequence/timeline like the original adaptation.

If the director was to keep Wook/Soo for only the first 4 episodes, it's true that we'll see more So/Soo but there will be even more drama and pain. Kang Ha Neul even said the second of the drama will be really painful to watch. I don't think I can take it myself to see the first 4 episodes happy (Wook/Soo romance) then 2 - 4 episodes of So/Soo romance. That will leave us about 12 - 14 episodes of hurt and tears particularly when it comes to Wang Yo's reign. Plus I think Goryeo's history didn't have much to tell for Wang Mu and Wang Yo's reign. So maybe that was also why the director highlighted Wook's character (he probably got the approval from the writer and everyone else in the production team which include China, NBC and YG too).

But again, I agree that LJG deserve more screen time and the Korean audience want to see him. But I think the choppy editing is also responsible for this. I totally ship Lee Jun Gi's as the awesome Wang So with Hae Soo and I love it that Wook has turned dark and evil. It's great.

Too bad, Yeon Hwa is his sister. If not, I would recommend the director to make Yeon Hwa become Wook's wife instead :D and it's even better if she's Queen Yoo's daughter. Like mother like daughter. If that was to happen, I think it should be Yeon Hwa who dies by hanging like the 8th prince's wife in the original not Lady Oh. Yo should be Wook's older brother not So.

Also, I would have preferred the director showing more bromance between all the princes before leading us to the game of thrones. And maybe some scenes Hae Soo playing with Soon Duk and Woo Hee and the romance between the 9th prince and Chaeryung. :D

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Wow, thank you for the info. I suspect something didn't seem right, but I had no ideas they would screwed their kdrama fans like this. I don't know what to say....

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I am just so happy that Wang So's father loved him because in the CVersion I don't think the emperor did not love the 4th prince. CHingu's what is about the 4 Princes that the mother can't love their own child

@Hanazumi  My take on Queen Yoo is that when WS was a child he was the kings favorite she hurted him to get back at the king and try and change WS fate of being a king which her oldest son WY wasn't.. She believes that the oldest son should inherit the throne in her case being that she's Queen she has always believe in the Queens son should be CP and inherit the throne were as the King name the oldest of all his son CP..  Back then a lot of clans were for the Queens eldest son should be CP. Which leads me to all the made up stories that was told through out the country about Ws being and animal came from her spreading those rumors because god forbid if it was really found out that she did this harm to her child and he was also choosen by the gods they would be requesting to decrown her.. This is why what happen to WS face is never talk about in the palace nor her wanting him around she never knew what he would spit out of his mouth as a child saying my mother sliced my face like this. Actions like this would have gotten her lock up in the cold palace..

15 minutes ago, violet90 said:

@valsava

you have to remember that except he turn his back on HS when she need him the most WW never hurt her in any way.. that's why she can still feel something for him after all he did.. WW in a way is HS family and Lady Hae last request is for HS to comfort him cause WW live a very hard life maintaining his prince status.. so its understandable why she still want to protect WW.. but in her defense she did tell WS why she did't want WW to be harm..

its just HS don't really get the idea that both guy want the throne for the same reason.. its all about her and she kinda slow in understand that..lol

in BBJX RX will protect 8th and all the prince also she made 4th promise not to take his brother live.. he did but he really make a living hell for his brother who against him..

i guess both character HS and RX always will protect all people even they all have hurt her.. its true what 4th said....

'she always want to take care of other but i only care for her'....

I get what your saying but among princes in the palace it's either kill or be killed and she saw that first hand.. But Family no matter how at odds they are they still find a way to show support and try and protect each other WW didn't even do that and when he did it was a lie.. (He would do all he can to get her out.. yea right)   

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:
I’m sure you guys noticed it. Or not? But she keeps her HAND on his THIGH and then he puts his hand on it. His face seems dorky and it looks like he was saying ,, Stop staring at me. Look at the stars.’‘ Is it after some serious Soo’s confession? He asks her about them in this scene in preview so they’re talking about their relationship for sure.

sorry to be a burst the bubble, but her hand wasnt on him. She was wearing green and her hand was infront of her covered by the ISOI logo. His sleeves is white and so both his hands were infront of him

• Like 18

About Queen Yo's hair. I think her hair is originally white, she is older than Queen Hwangbo. During that era, perhaps, the Queen had her hair painted black but it only lasts a day, so she had to go to the make up room every day. But when the king dies, she stayed in his chamber and don't have time to care about her hair, thus her hair shows its original color of white. Hmm, she's indeed old.

About Wang So, I think without Hae Soo telling him, surely he would have known that Wook was the one Hae Soo had feeling for. She told her enough things to make him able to conclude by himself. He's not a fool. He managed to figure out many things on the plot, the hidden meaning behind the line, etc. So I don't agree that Soo-Wook previous relationship would be able to turn him against Soo.

• Like 10

WW and HS after 1 year scene is a typical GF/BF scene.... HS questioning WW several times of the same question in multiple variations whereas what WW just gives multiple answers to evade the answer.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, valsava said:

I get what your saying but among princes in the palace it's either kill or be killed and she saw that first hand.. But Family no matter how at odds they are they still find a way to show support and try and protect each other WW didn't even do that and when he did it was a lie.. (He would do all he can to get her out.. yea right)   

well we all know that but not HS... the only betrayal that she know right now is he turn his back and how badly he want the throne... well i guess the writer want to stay true to the novel and because of WW hunger for power make their relationship break.. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

If it is true... That would explain their pacing issues (over halfway through the show and only now as the main political plot line come into action). I like KHN and all, but I think there's something so wrong with changing the show's original plans just because someone got too enamoured with an actor and wanted to make them some kind of star or something.

Mostly this is just me being bitter though, because so far I feel like Wang So really hasn't been the lead in the show. He was barely present in the first few episodes and even now he's still being pushed aside so Wook has more time to be his necessarily indecisive angsty self on our screens. It's just because we all know that LJG is such a great actor and the fact that he's being so underutilized is awful.

If that's not the case, then the writer should probably plan better next time, lol.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:
tumblr_oejs0qmWZY1tdfsf6o1_540.gif
tumblr_oejs0qmWZY1tdfsf6o2_540.gif

Spoiler

Its wang so 's own hand...

• Like 11