Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

40 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But did he really want to give up the throne? He said it so to Hae Soo, but just because he told her that, doesn't mean that it is true.  I don't believe him for the simple reason that he could have just chosen Hae Soo after the poisoning. But he didn't. He did not do it in order to protect his sister and his family too. Like I mentioned it yesterday, Yeon Hwa's points were that he always wanted to become king.

If he had only said it to HS, I wouldn't consider it true either. Its because he tell his mom and YH that I believe he was committed to marrying her and leaving the palace. I agree that he had ambitions of becoming king, but there was a point in time where he was willing to let that potential go.

Only after these points, he kills the witness!! 

And if he had really given up his ambition, why didn't he stay by Hae Soo's side? When he found out that Yeon Hwa was involved, he was upset, but he also knew that Queen Yoo was behind it. He could have tried to link it to Queen Yoo. But he did nothing like that because he knew, as soon as he brings the evidence that his sister is involved, he can never become the king.

On the other if he had brought some evidence (Yeon Hwa, the witness) to prove that Queen Yoo was involved, he would have proven his innocence and his honesty. If he could successfully prove that his sister was involved, YH along with his mother would have punished. Their family was already sent into exile once because Queen Yoo framed his mom over the murder of an unborn baby. The punishment for attempting to kill the crown prince would have been worse. 

I don't think, Taejo would have killed him, since he had brought the evidence that someone else was guilty, especially if his own sister was involved.

The episode where the crown prince was attacked by assassins that came from a temple sponsored by Queen Yoo has shown that Taejo would never retaliate against Queen Yoo. Even when everyone knows Queen Yoo was responsible, he still didn't act against her. Its not a question of whether or not Taejo believes Wook's innocence.

It takes a great courage to denunciate his own family. In my opinion, when he told Hae Soo, he would leave the palace with her, he was already thinking how to find a way back to the palace, either through another political marriage or whatsoever.

I think he was weary of the burden of his position and he didn't want another political marriage. Or he would have taken up YH's earlier offer to arrange a political marriage that wouldn't displease the king.

Wang Wook's words should be taken with caution. They often don't reflect the truth. Moreover, if he had really married Hae Soo, I am sure that he would have resented her. To me, he wanted to have both: Hae Soo and the throne and he wasn't ready to give up both. Therefore he prioritised the throne believing that when he is king, he can have Hae Soo. He was still thinking that Hae Soo should wait... (episode 12).

I think the final piece that pushed him into wanting the throne was seeing his mom kneeling to ask Queen Yoo to spare her children. In earlier episodes, it seemed like he was willing to let go being exiled. It was only seeing that they are still at mercy of the queen that pushes him down the path of the throne. In episode 13, we see how coldly calculating WW is becoming in order to become king, but I don't think his reasons for wanting the throne are wrong.

Of course, I still think he's such a jerk for leading HS on for so long.

• Like 7

Lee Joon-ki VS Kang Ha-neul, who is IU's lover?

we finally got our answer:Lee Joon-ki (Ws)

• Like 14

Re: @Briseis post on Soo's premonitions coming true. I think we should just lower our expectations and assume that everybody has an unhappy ending and dies horribly. If there is a happy reincarnation at the end, I'll chalk it up as a win.

On that note, since Soo woke up in another body in the past, would So wake up in another body in the future?  Does this mean Soo needs to give So a crash course on the future (Korean Hangul, the internet, iPhones)? Wait, this should be the sequel. So in the modern world learning to use a microwave. 

Edited by Siracusa
Formatting
  • Like 16

here is curious question.... in killing the the 10th prince and the wife does not WS go against general park?
I wonder if the 10th prince was already attacked and WS was putting him out of his misery...
for example,  WW/WY knows general park is in favour for WS. So he/they have Eun attacked.. WS comes to save/rescue but is too late.. and find SD dead (is that her name? General Park's Daughter?) find that the 10th prince barely alive, who asks then to killed (say he finally realises he loves his wife and would like to die with her). He be put out of his misery.. which is what HS sees in her vision. Because so far her vision had not been of anything evil that WS has done but more things that happen coincidently with WS ascent to the throne. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

But @briseis, how sure are we that it's a break-up that will inevitably cause them to part? We assume that ML will still somewhat mirror BBJX to some extent, but I'm not entirely convinced that the Gwangjong in Haesoo's vision will turn out to be the unyielding and harsh ruler in her vague recollections. We've seen for ourselves that So is fundamentally a good person, one who has found more of his humanity because of Soo. I think learning too that he was actually loved by his father this whole time will make a huge impact on his character and persona. How could it not...when all this time he thought no one cared?  What if Haesoo discovers during their time together that the feared Gwangjong of her visions, was in actuality, just a king who was forced time and time again to make some very hard choices?

If I'm correct, perhaps dissension among the clans causes So to be besieged with attempts on Soo's life...because everyone will know, Soo is his biggest weakness. What if, aware of Jung's love, dedication and loyalty to Soo, So asks him to hide her somewhere she will be safe? As Jung becomes more re-known for his military prowess and fighting skills, he might end up being the only one he entrusts with Soo's safety. And perhaps during this separation, she either succumbs to illness or is inadvertently killed in an assassination or kidnapping attempt?

Just throwing these questions and theories out as an alternative ending to So and Soo's pairing. Since honesty has always been one of the cornerstones of their relationship, I just can't envision it being a misunderstanding, jealousy or insecurity that will drive them apart. For me, what would make their romance more tragic is to be separated, not when their love is being tested, but rather when their love is at its most secure. How devastating it would be to So if Soo was taken from him when both are finally looking forward to their future together.

I had the same thought... he even mentioned that Hae Soo couldn't leave without his permission and for me, it is pretty clear that he will make her leave,, he will give her the permission. One possible reason: Yeon Hwa... Maybe Wang So will discover that she was involved in the poisoning. Since Taejo and lady Oh's relationship resembles Wang So-Hae Soo, I have the impression that their fate will be a little different. Lady Oh stayed by his side the entire time but Wang So is different from his father, since he only chose to become king in order to help Hae Soo. So he never had the ambition in himself.  

• Like 18

@fuyukoneko... I enjoyed reading your defense on Wang Wook. THese are valid points and as @bebebisous33 @valsava .. I kinda agree with their point of view on Wang Wook. Your is also valid chingu. Seeing Wang Wook calculative ways makes me believe he knows how to play chess very well and could have manipulated the evidence where his sister and mom would be safe. He know how to lay the ground work to make himself look good even after playing along with Wang Yo. Even someone one has hinted there is a possibility of helping WY escape. When I read it seemed possible but I still think it has something to do with his mom and his allies. WW is very good at pretending to be an gentleman, kind and loving to his family, friends and alies. How can we still believe there is no way he could have saved her? HE could have found a way or tried to help but he didn't. WW has abandoned Hae SOO alot of time for example he abandoned her in the rain, when the water maids were taunting the love of his life, when she was leaving the palace ( he did not know then she was leaving still don't matter to me he still turned his back to her) and WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST WAS HIS ATTITUDE TO HIS BROTHER AND HE HAS NOT SEEN HER IN A YEARRRRRRRR!!! I thought Hae Soo was the love of his life . bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gifbad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gifbad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif and now he is going to try to win back her love. freezing-onion-head-emoticon.giffreezing-onion-head-emoticon.gif When hell freezes over before that happens. He has dissappointed her to much. That lack of trust is what killed their relationship. I will say this When Hae Soo loves she loves very deeply and is very loyal to that person. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif NOw that love will be for Wang So alone.  evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 18

3 hours ago, solelylurking said:

So The King was about to die and asked Hae Soo to go find the CP because he knew his sons by his heart. He warned HS that whoever asked her if The King has died or not, the one who ask is aiming for the throne. HS met Wook on her way and he asked if WS and HS will get married now that he proposed. That look in his face, ah I couldn't forget. He believed that HS's heart has been shaken by WS's proposal. He didn't even hide his dark aura but HS didn't notice it. She said it's a misunderstanding but didn't continue because she then told Wook she has to make tea for the king. And as sure as sunset, Wook is the one who ask it. It made HS trembled and unease (because I guess she never knew this side of him) but she sticked with the answer that The King ask for more tea like The King told her.
HS then asked Wook if he wants to be King. This time, Wook didn't lie. He bare his secrets to HS, even about that he and Yo will attack the palace tomorrow, to aim the vacant seat while the CP was away. At first I'm kinda suprise as to why he would tell her that. Wook used to shield HS to the bad things, be it about himself or the world. He told HS that he wanted to be king to protect what he loves, in other words it is for her. Wook wanted to shake HS's heart back. He wanted her to know he too can go billion miles for her, not just WS. It's a silent call. HS said that means he will be a traitor. But he said it's been done and running and still persist asking wether the king has died or not to her and she answered with the same answer and left to find CP. 

WS catch HS first before Won when HS tried to sneak out the gate. She easily (huh?) convey about everything, and I mean everything: the King has given up the throne and Wook and Yo's plan to revolt to him. She baffled me again but whatever, nothing new to that. What makes me didn't understand is she clearly still has feeling for Wook but easily said to Wook's love rival that the guy you love is about to become a traitor. Isn't that strange even for the commin viewers who likes her the way she is (don't count me on it)? 

WS found HS looking at the King's seat. He asked wether she wanted to sit there. She said no, because it means she has to be willing to kill the one she loves. Like what the king did to Madam Oh and what WS will do to his brothers. It seems to me WS had already knew about Wook and HS because when she asked him not to kill Wook, he said ok. But maybe he thinks HS still cherish Wook as a brother in law but this theory is a little laughable for me. He is smart and a keen observer. He can put one and two things together and read the whole picture fine. He jokingly said, what if he's the one who got hurt? Does she not care for him too? HS said he's gonna be fine. See, even HS didn't believe Wook can kill WS. That words of hers, he said, makes him feel invisible, can not be beaten by anyone. Oh God, just force married her, already!! 

So the day of the battle came. Wook asked Yo to finish WS if he's in the way. Yo promised him to make sure thay happen. It didn't mean he didn't want to kill WS by himself at that time because then he came face to face with WS. He looks cool (again, subjective) and prepared. But nothing prepared his heart when he found HS watching the battle. His face was down for a second, he confirmed her betrayal. But then back to fighting mode. I must say he's not bad for a nerd. WS might be lowered his power when fighting Wook but still my wolf got swag in fighting. 

Before there's blood, the CP came with a suprised twist. He told Wook had sent him a letter about the betrayal while Wook aim his blade to Yo who look disbelief. Oh, oh. My wolf, what have you done? That. Is. Bad. :wub: 

So the CP is now king and Wook was not a traitor. He met HS again. HS asked him wether he told her his intention in order to test her. It is. She looked hurt and ask, didn't Wook know about her heart? He said he must di what he can to get what he wants (Cmiiw. I'm notbsure about this part). She said now she can go anywhere with him like he asked before because the now king will grant her wish. He said can't. He wanted to persue his ambition. "But you said you wanted to be king for me?" said HS. "We don't know what will come next," he answered. That was the answer HS have to take to finally letting him go. She said he had lied to her and to himself. He wanted to be king no matter what. Wook had set his heart, I guess. He didn't try to convince her that she was the motor to this whole 'why Wook wants to be king' thing. He asked, "Is it because WS?" that she leave him. HS was disbelieved. She said, she even asked WS to spare Wook's life for her. That words slapped him. But he just said, "I will make you come back to me" when HS bid goodbye and told him that she wanted to make distance between them. That was a firm promise and a little scary but he is now a wolf. A wolf knows no beating around the bush. Just ask WS. 

Yo was hunt down by his brothers when trying to escape. Wook tried to finish him off by putting an arrow in his body but WS stopped him. Jung said he'll try to talk to Yo and make him see senses but WS also stopped him. It was WS who go head to head with Yo and accidentally slashed him and made him fall to the river down the cliff. 

What interesting about this episode is the closer look how love alone wouldn't survive life. Queen Yo clearly love the King but her love, eventhough undying, slowly turns bitter because he didn't live her back. Wook loves HS very much but he still doubt her because of jealousy and insecurity. He always been jealous of WS when it comes about HS. WS can do whatever he wants in order to win HS's heart but he can't. That makes him feel decapitated. He hates WS as much as he hates himself for it and create insecurity. He was so sure HS had placed her heart in WS's eventhough he himself heard she rejected him. Why? Because he knew WS is not one who will take no for an answer. WS will do all he can to win HS. He was afraid WS already succeeded when HS told WS about the revolt. In the end, he was the one who make HS turn away (should have been 2 eps earlier, if I have a say). Not WS. But Wook is just as stubborn as WS in this love thing. He said he will make her comeback to him, and with that say wether she wanted to or not. Let's just see what will Wook do to force her to be his again. It will fail greatly but the process must be a lot of fun. 

The not so fun part:

I still wonder why the hell they let HS looking around the battle. She's a launder. What can she do there? Taking the bloody clothes to wash? I mean I get her part in this is significant, but still it didn't make any sense.

WOW loved your recap and your thoughts! Nice to see that somebody has picked up on the complexity of WOOKs character. Actually all the character in this show have multiple layers (more than in other dramas) which makes this show so interesting to me (beside all the eye candy =P). It has this "Game of Thrones"-essence with an asian backdrop and I love it!

_HS then asked Wook if he wants to be King. This time, Wook didn't lie
_She said now she can go anywhere with him like he asked before because the now king will grant her wish. He said can't. He wanted to persue his ambition. "But you said you wanted to be king for me?" said HS. "We don't know what will come next," he answered. That was the answer HS have to take to finally letting him go. She said he had lied to her and to himself. He wanted to be king no matter what.
The interesting thing is that both SO and WOOK want to become King for HAE SOO in a way: SO because he wants her love and protect her, WOOK on the other hand.... I think at first he really was aiming for the throne to get HAE SOO back, but how it seems as if his ambitions will blind him, just like the KING and LADY OH. I'm glad that HAE SOO has picked up on that! 

_She easily (huh?) convey about everything, and I mean everything
Yeah, it's really weird that HAE SOO told SO everything. Why does she suddenly trust him? 

_It seems to me WS had already knew about Wook and HS because when she asked him not to kill Wook, he said ok. But maybe he thinks HS still cherish Wook as a brother in law but this theory is a little laughable for me. He is smart and a keen observer.
You know what, I think SO has this picture of WOOK as the honorable and loving prince that cares for his family over everything thus having feelings for the sister of dead-wife is unthinkable XD WOOK has everybody fooled!

I must say he's not bad for a nerd. WS might be lowered his power when fighting Wook but still my wolf got swag in fighting. 
Loved how you described WOOK as a nerd haha: Yeah, HOTTEST NERD EVER! 

_Wook aim his blade to Yo who look disbelief. Oh, oh. My wolf, what have you done? That. Is. Bad. :wub:
HA! How genius was that move. Even YO had underestimated WOOK. I'm telling you WOOK is more of a sly fox than a wolf like SO.

_Yo was hunt down by his brothers when trying to escape. Wook tried to finish him off by putting an arrow in his body but WS stopped him. 
It was interesting to see WOOK pointing an arrow towards YO. Remember when he told WOOK: "You have to have somebody in mind when you shoot an arrow " (or something like that). I wonder what would have been more beneficial to WOOKs reputation: Killing a traitor or rather letting his half-brother reinforce his bad reputation by killing of his own brother?

_What interesting about this episode is the closer look how love alone wouldn't survive life. Queen Yo clearly love the King but her love, eventhough undying, slowly turns bitter because he didn't live her back. Wook loves HS very much but he still doubt her because of jealousy and insecurity. He always been jealous of WS when it comes about HS. WS can do whatever he wants in order to win HS's heart but he can't. That makes him feel decapitated. He hates WS as much as he hates himself for it and create insecurity. He was so sure HS had placed her heart in WS's even though he himself heard she rejected him. Why? Because he knew WS is not one who will take no for an answer. WS will do all he can to win HS. He was afraid WS already succeeded when HS told WS about the revolt. In the end, he was the one who make HS turn away (should have been 2 eps earlier, if I have a say). Not WS. But Wook is just as stubborn as WS in this love thing. He said he will make her comeback to him, and with that say wether she wanted to or not. Let's just see what will Wook do to force her to be his again. It will fail greatly but the process must be a lot of fun. 
Just wanted to point out this paragraph because I think it perfectly sums up WOOKs situation and personality.

I still wonder why the hell they let HS looking around the battle. She's a launder.
I guess the astronomer guy gave her special permission? =/  

Please write more of your thoughts chingu =D 

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, Kim Hana said:

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Episode 13 English Sub is out

Screenshot with caption: If I came to you, I didn't think you would forgive me.

That sub doesn't seem right. Wang So's line is in reference to what Hae Soo had said to him in episode 4 after that distraught encounter with his mom when he killed all those monks for her. He was threatening Hae Soo that he just killed people, and she said stuff like tell me, why did you kill those people? For fun? I heard that around here, you have to kill first in order to not be killed. Even so, wanting to live on is not a crime. Maybe it can't be forgiven, but I'll still understand you. I think I know how you feel.

So here, So is repeating some of her lines. You may not forgive me, but at least you'd understand me.

• Like 23

58 minutes ago, glacial said:

honestly guys, don't get me wrong but i didn't hate the scene where YH confessed to So that she loved him for a long time. Ofcourse i never want them to be together and its So - Soo all the way for me but it was nice to let WS know someone loves him and someone wants him, that he isn't useless and undeserving of any affection. Its just nice to know that and from his facial expression I can see he appreciated that he was precious to someone, he just doesn't feel the same. 

I'm sorry, but I don't believe anything that manipulative witch says. After she manipulated and pushed her own brother(Wang Wooks) to kill the court maid that put poison in the Crown prince tea, the only evidence that tied her to the crime, and turned him into a cold hearted killer. And you still believe everything she says when she told Wang So that she loves him?...Are you nuts?. That woman has a big neon sign with the word "trouble" lit up like a xmas tree everywhere she goes. If I were sent back in that time era, I would stay far away from that witch just to be safe. I would stay at least 10 miles away from her. But I have to admit...she's one pretty manipulative witch.:glasses:

• Like 15

Everybody,

I saw this scene that someone posted from twitter earlier and I realized that Hae Soo has a voice over that she doesn't have in the international version. I can't seem to find out what she is saying. Anyone know or can translate it for me?? It's the line right after WS says "aren't you worried about me?"

PLEASE AND THANK YOU! Love you guys1

• Like 15

Confession:

I skipped thru 30pages ... I had not much time to do much else ... 4hours sleep, work, kids, firstAidCourse ... I am so ready to watch the last 2 ... but  I am so tired that I could cry ... don't hate me chingus, but I am off to bed, with little to excuse myself with

I love this thread and read comments here and there ... I so appreciate all of your comments and insides, even if I might disagree I value your opinions, as they throw a different light on things I have seen ... Good Night :wub:

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, Kim Hana said:

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Episode 13 English Sub is out

12121.avi_snapshot_57.11_2016.10.04_15.2

Whoa! That's really different from the Chinese subs.

For the Chinese subs, it was translated as: If it were you, even if you couldn't forgive me, you would at least understand me. 

I don't know know which version is right now..

• Like 15

OOO!!! OOOO!! :) really like this episode!! but I was left without words with the final scene!!!

My only thought was : so HS, cause she is indeed his fated lover,  is in fact better than the official history of the 4th king !!!! (forgot his name)

So this is my interpretation: I wrote once that her premonitions are only about WS in fact, about his destiny and about his pains, and her fears are really anticipations of the future but that she doesnt interpret them correctly!! cause they are not only about real history, but mostly about his soul! it is  not about him killing 10 th prince , but about his pain in doing so, and when she saw him as a king is not about him becoming cruel, is in fact about him being alone (of course this doesnt mean he will not be ruthless, but I guess this is not the deep meaning of her premonition) - If I am right, than I suspect we will have an image later with him as a king, again in the same location she saw him, being lonely and alone!!!

So, I think, she suspected he will kill his brothers and percevied this with great fear, but is not really about him killing his brothers ( i dont think 3th price will die and he will kill 10th prince, but not cause he wanted, maybe to put an end to his suffering) is about WS thinking he killed his brothers!!! her two last premonitions are not about real facts, the concret history, the one that is the book, they are only about him! is like she is not seeing history, but she is seeing his soul!!! and in his soul he felt for a moment he did kill them -- is like she can see his future great suffering - the burden of his killings, of his ruthless!!! cause we can see now, and we now from the history, that he does and will regret his crimes!! 

wow. how I wanted to be this way !!!! what a good idea it will be !!!:):) 

• Like 15

Oh god episode 13 was such a big emotional wallop for me. The scene where Wang So visited the king on his deathbed was damn near perfect (including the slow rise of the music) and I actually really enjoyed seeing WH/BA.

There's that photo from Seohyun's instagram of her, BA, and WS eating together in casual clothing (although it literally just might be bts of them on a break)—we haven't seen a scene where they're dressed like this yet, right? So maybe in the next two episodes, after Yo takes the throne, BA and WS (and maybe HS?) flee to Hubaekje for a little while to plan?

BUT HONESTLY THAT PREVIEW I had been thinking about how cute it would be if HS actually initiated any sort of interaction with WS, really, because in the past few episodes it's been only him driving the relationship, AND I GOT THIS LIKE LJDISJSMADSIJWS.

• Like 16

Love 13th prince - he really can be a hero!!! I wasnt paying attention to him till now, but I find his character admirable!!!

also he is not at all risktaking like WS and cannot confront (remember for ex when WS defended him from 3 prince) he put his life at risk for the ones he loves - father and his woman!!! and doing so naturally! 

I find his gesture even more impressive than the one made by WS!!! sorry he could not have the time, the attention and the cinematography WS gesture had!! 

• Like 9