25 minutes ago, Mico Ricco said:

Episode 15 rating

AGB 2.8%,

TNmS 3.4%

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Episode 14 rating

AGB 2.8%,

TNmS 3.4%

Whyyyyy??? :( This show is seriously underrated. The veteran actors are SoooooOOOOOoOoOooo good in it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:joy: the the editing is sloppy... SunAh's clothes is a big give away (the white and yellow sweater)... her clothes messes the timeline in my head. (and some characters)

KBS.YOU.TROLL. i've been waiting for ages for him to look at her side, but nope. It's still SoonDeok in his head. My Ship sunk in the deepest part of the ocean without a single light...:bawling: can't they make a time jump where all of them are happy and at peace and Chiang developing a crush on SunAh even just a little bit.

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Whyyyyy??? :( This show is seriously underrated. The veteran actors are SoooooOOOOOoOoOooo good in it!

I know right..this drama is so underrated! I don't see why knetizens don't like this drama! Personally I love the story line and the actors!! :wub: It probably isnt as popular because of other overrated dramas in Korea and top actor and actresses that people want to see aren't here... but this drama is popular internationally haha 

i've been following moorim school from the beginning and watch it again & again.. i found out the character of SW a bit hilarious.. he always claims that he don't want to hurt his friends, but he's already hurts CA from the beginning.. he knew that CA has feelings for SD but still made a move to win SD's heart.. did his action agrees with his words?? same thing happened in my life when i was in high school.. me & my best friend like the same girl, but i give her up & chose friendship over.. it seems to me that SW doesn't value his friendship with CA that much.. somehow i feel pity for CA for all the suffering he has gone through.. till the end he still portrays his love for SD which he could never get..

@brisingr89 i feel pity for Chiang when Shiwoo told him he was sorry then still go for SoonDeok without a second thought.... though both of them are at fault in this situation, they didn't tried to look at each other shoes. I know it seems like SW doesn't value his friendship w/ CA but it's the same with CA, he too chose love over friendship. One should give way so that their problem could be solve but on the other hand who ever give up will just make the other one selfish. 1. If SW give up, for the sake of CA when SW-SD are clearly inlove with each other... that would be selfish of him as his two friends held back for him. and to make it worse him pining for SD when she flat out said that she doesn't feel that way. 2. Is now what is happening, (some) people see SW selfish, for having a relationship w/ SD when he knows CA likes her, but we should take to account her feelings aswell, it's clear as daylight that she's not comfortable w/ his actions towards her... but he keeps pining on her even though SW-SD are already a "thing" and there's another one who's affected by this mess SunAh, not just as their friend but also as a person who's crushing on CA.

Spoiler

LOL i actually don't know what to say since you experience it yourself. I, on the other hand witness something like that before as outsider kinda, (a transfer student) i didn't realized that there was a love triangle that happening around my friends. Just to make the story short no one gives up, even the whole class (& batch) knows A & B are in love but can't step up their relationship b'coz of C, until the two become a couple, C give up, so to not hurt her further more they don't act to lovey-dovey when she's around... it's actually awkward since i don't know how to console people and i'm more closer to C than to A&B (& 3-4 more friends in their circle)... from what i remember their circle is still close even when we all graduated in High School and attended different colleges,  i'm the only one who drifted apart from them since i'm not in their original clique (that alone makes me feel left out)...

And honestly, for me their friendship is weak from the very start. They just give us this whole bromance on their way to Moorim Peak... but then when they came back, there's not so much of a follow-up on their status as friends. To me somewhat it's more like they are casual friends, i want them to be besfriends... and CA always sees SW as frienemy even at the time when SW & SD are not yet (aware that they are) in love w/ each other....Last night's episode it's kind of clear why SW chose this route when it's breaking his friendship with CA... for him it's the very first time he felt "love" (whether it is romantic or familial love-- remember he is an orphan that got betrayed and used by the person who he trust as a father) that's why when the door opens for him to experience "to love and to be love" he grab the chance. it just like how blinded  (idt they're that blind though) CA to his feelings to SD, so does SW, the difference SD loves SW. That's why he was so sure that they will never break because they are so in love. Whatever happens to their friendship,we cannot blame one person solely,by means bot of them are to be blame, they should understand each other... how should i explain this... 'they should meet at the middle, not just one person coming for the other person (?) etc'... oh! btw... they still somewhat has a problem when it comes to communications... like they somehow just jump into arguments not really listening to one's point...oh- wait . i think i mentioned it already.

Xports News - Naver: 'Truth's been revealed... Seo Yeji in crisis 

1. [+526, -37] This is immature but it's fun. Would've been better if it aired as a web drama

2. [+491, -34] Should've aired it on Tooniverse.  It could've been as popular as 'Alien Teacher'

3. [+385, -61] Moorim School has a charm on its own. I can only imagine how hurt the production team must be every time they read comments bashing the drama. I'm sorry if you felt offended

4. [+30, -4] Had they asked KBS for support, improved the CG and added in more details, it wouldn't be difficult to replicate the success of Magic Kid Masuri.. That's regrettable

5. [+31, -6] Wang Chi Ang's phone call with his mom is too sad ㅠㅠ He wants her to be happy while he himself is so broken.. Breaks my heart

cr.kkuljaem

I'm with knetz on this.. from the very start the show is like anime-manga feel like story or the likes of a taiwanese teen-idol show Zhongji Series:

Spoiler

Gold dimension, KO One (2005)

Iron dimension, The X-Family (2007)

Silver dimension, K.O.3an Guo (2009)

Gold dimension, KO One Return (2012)

Gold dimension, KO One Re-act (2013)

Iron dimension, THE X-DORMITORY (2014)

Copper dimension, Angel 'N' Devil (2014)

Gold dimension, KO One 4

I almost forgot Tooniverse exist, for a shounen-like series, Moorim School does fit in that channel.... i remember i was so addicted to their very first drama, the 3 episode Ma Boy (starring Kim Sohyun, School 2015)--- the drama is a straight out Oneshot Shoujo manga feel--- gender bender, rom-com, teen

Spoiler

Ma Boy-p1.jpg

Geu-Rim (Kim So-Hyun) dreams of becoming a singer and enters the best arts high school in South Korea. Geu-Rim rooms with a popular CM star Irene (Sun Woong). Meanwhile, Irene has a secret. Irene is actually a boy who is prettier than most girls.  cr.asianwiki

I'm still rooting for ChiAng to be a hero and friend this late in the game, stubborn me.   Love the last scene of Ep 16 preview, asking his father to choose between him and the keys.  I think that will be his turning  point.   Please, no good guys should be left out to dry, or die.   Tie up this series nicely tonight.

@brisingr89 All's fair in love and war, no? I'm not "big enough" to say that I would give up love for friendship, especially if it's clear that this is requited love. SoonDeok clearly never regarded Chi-Ang as a potential mate. If you can give the girl up just for a friend, I would say your friendship is stronger than your love/like for the girl, but as @twin-twin pointed out, I too agree that the boys didn't have a very strong friendship to begin with. They had a *potentially strong* friendship, but Chi-Ang chose to let go of it when he could not see beyond his own selfish infatuation of SoonDeok and overly heightened sense of entitlement from owning things to owning people. In fact, I feel that at this point, so close to the end, Chi-Ang in many ways has not grown still. He wants to get the Chintamani because he wants to own SoonDeok, not because he has seen the value (as SeonAh and ShiWoo have) of protecting the school and humanity as such. So under the guise of saving SoonDeok, he is seeking her out to get her portion of the key. That's how I see it anyway. He's not on the same team as ShiWoo and SeonAh in this. 

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Moorim School" Episode 15

photo699165.jpg

It's episode 15 for "Moorim School" with one more episode to go. The search for the Chintamani is an all out race to the finish. Most of the secrets hidden within the school and the hearts of its inhabitants have been made public. Chi-ang's father manipulated him into the enemy of the school and Si-woo discovers his true role in all of this. Chae Yoon, Si-woo and Seon-ah's father gets to jump in and play a bigger role as well.

Chi-ang's character, if the writer chose to make him Si-woo's enemy, should've done it sooner. I would've loved to have seen them truly battle it out against each other. Fighting over a girl in this rather pathetic way isn't enough impetus to turn the two friends against each other, especially when Chi-ang's reason for hanging on is so silly. His situation is great: pitting father against friends. But the story was build on a weak foundation anyway.

posterphoto699164.jpgposterphoto699162.jpg

Then there is Si-woo who is nearly omniscient in one episode and breaking down the next. I appreciate that he has changed over time, but his mood swings don't fit how gradually his character has changed until now. That and his reaction to finding out he has a sister was totally anticlimactic. I was so disappointed. He's been yearning for family and that's all we get? His sister, Seon-ah, has a much more satisfying storyline. She suffers and comes full circle,

We also have quite a variety of tropes played out in this episode. Soon-deok separating from Si-woo in her attempt to be a noble idiot. Dean Hwang gets stabbed saving his friend and they trade a lovely dialogue while he's bleeding out. Two boys richard simmons fight over a girl who has run away.

posterphoto699163.jpgposterphoto699161.jpg

I suppose I'm most disappointed that the show was merely antics and tricks. It had fights and high-intensity music. There were big family reveals and friends at each others' throats. But none of it felt sincere and deep. I think Chi-ang needs to step out of his delusion of needing to man up for Soon-deok or prove himself to his dad. He needs to do it for himself.

The last episode will probably have the family pieces fall into place and have Chi-ang and Si-woo find themselves (and their friendship.)

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-moorim-school-episode-15-92177.html

Whew they managed to get up the mountain even with that injury :sweatingbullets:

That old man is Juk Poong!? You can’t trust anyone anymore! But they’re saying those long legs 18 years ago belong to that chairman? It ehm doesn’t seem to fit but that’s what my eyes tell me. I hate that I thought he was a frail old man when all the while he was cunning and the HE?! 

What did they gain by giving Yoon the responsibility of protecting the Chintamani years ago and keeping him alive instead of killing him?

One thing I noticed - for a guy that has been in a coma close to 20 years, Yoon has remarkable adapting ability on the usage of mobile phones especially his that is a touch screen :lol:

@twin-twin i neither blame nor hate SW.. its just that i find a bit of inconsistency in his character from my point of view.. the scriptwriter could have done better.. i agree with you about SD feelings, that why i pity for CA.. anyhow, maybe its enough one unconscious kiss from SD for him when he nearly drowned at the sea.. @gilaswan CA may has seen SD as a thing in the earlier ep, but after ep 8 i think he started to mature & doesn't do childish things anymore.. he's become more sincere towards SD.. besides, he didn't really push his feelings towards SD that hard.. and he just wanted to win the competition so that he can confess again to SD & win his father love and attention, not because of Chintamani.. he just want the people he love (his mom & SD) to be happy.. thats why he is so confused & lose when his father asks him to find the keys.. CA is a poor thing who didn't properly get a mom's love because he's been separated right after being born.. not to mention a proper father's love judging from wang hao character who is materialistic.. but still he's grown up well to the point he is willing to sacrifice anything for the people he love even friendship and himself.. of course SW also a poor thing who has grown up as an orphan.. but not anymore as he has found both his sister and father.. anyway, this is just my point of view which is very lacking.. i'm sorry if it annoy & bother anyone who read it.. 

On 06/03/2016 at 8:20 AM, gilaswan said:

I get this feeling most of us didn't like the way the second kiss was filmed. Hahaha... I must say, when I rewatched the episode, I found the kiss scene somewhat misplaced, almost pointless. I mean... it had been about 3 or 4 days since the competition saga and the seal had been lifted for that amount of time. Why did it take ShiWoo so long to go down to the town centre to look for SoonDeok?

Or last minute attempt at fan service ^_^

@brisingr89 yeah i do blame it on the the scriptwriter and editing ( & directing?).... it's sloppy that's why some scenes  left me confused (e.g. the one i mentioned... SW's behavior after he was punched by CA) :sweatingbullets: and at episode 15... their clothes messes up the timeline. 

-edit-

oh btw... i'm not annoyed at your post or anything... if my post sounds like i'm annoyed it's probably because of what i read on twitter, blaming solely SW (&smh SD) of why CA is suffering...:bawling: it's quite sad that most of them are the ones (well 4-5 of them), i read updates about vixx.

On 06/03/2016 at 9:57 PM, KSHxKYJ said:

I finished the eps 13 & 14 earlier & here I thought, they're gonna reveal the Chae siblings arc & reveal some mysteries but nope! & now, how can they put it all together in 2 merely episode?! Argggghh! This is really supposed to be 20 eps :bawling::bawling::bawling: but it's too late to complain now..Let's just support them until the end! :)

The sibling revelation not only did they do it thru Seon Deok’s letter but also thru Beop and third will be with the return of the duo. It’s like the writer saying see it’s gonna be revealed, still don’t believe it? Here’s another and another! :D:D

20 hours ago, gilaswan said:

SeonAh is in the armory. The rest of the gang come down and are happy to see her out of the room. They place their hands on each other's and go 1-2-3-Fighting!

Still no Yeob Jung. Which side will you be on later??

/ Sorry guys, the editing button isn’t cooperating with me and I’m on mobile so it’s like spamming central :mellow: /

Archived